Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
I started taking chlorella saturday by taking 5 pills per day...but I think I'm going to increase the dose by 10 pill per day cause no green stuff yet...What I've noticed so far is tumbling in my tummy...je je je!!

Not sure what you're trying to order. THe powder? Which brand. You just need to judge by the scoop. Meaning if the scoop is 3 grms and you have a 100g tub, and you'll only take 3 grams a day...You know it'll last about a month and a few days (for example). Judge by how much you're taking a day. I purchased the source naturals big tub. and it lasted almost two months for me. Now that I've increased my dose, it'll probably last 1 1/2 months or so, but I'm not complaining at around $28 bucks. It's the cheapest food source I've ever bought that provides all the nutrients of my regular vitamins. So I just purchase it and no other vitamins, plus my other all natural food choices. HTH

It was the powder, cant remember the brand (cant access ebay at work). It did say that 1 teaspoon was 2grams.

So I guess, if I take 6 grams a day that will last me just over 16 days? I brought two so in total will last me just over a month for £23 inc shipping.

This is gonna get expensive :ohwell:

UK Ladies where are you guys ordering from and how much do you all pay? and for how much grams?

Still GREEN. All is well with me on the GREENER side of things. Still following the posts. Welcome to all the newbies. It's great to read all the encouraging posts. Have a great day GREENIES!

Still Green, even on vacay....:look:

( I experience a wee breakout on my chin two weeks ago, which peeved me a bit, but I survived it...:lachen:)

Nothing too exciting to report, as I am still at 3G. I dont want to push things while I'm away...:look:

*smmoches* fellow greenies.....:grin:

:sad: I hate not being able to take my chlorella after reading all of these testimonies. Well, I'm able to, but I'm scared because after three weeks, the chlorella made me sick so bad that I thought I was pregnant. Thank God that's not the case. But, the night I vomitted, I was never able to take chlorella again w/o feeling a little nauseous.

Hey Ladies, I've been MIA.... Lots of things going on... Just wanted to check in and let you all know how I've been doing...

I haven't noticed incredible growth in my hair, but my hair generally grows slow in the winter.... What I have noticed is severe thickness... I think my hair has almost doubled in thickness, and lots of areas that needed filling in have filled in well.... It is healthy and doing well....

For the past month I've not been too consistent with taking it regularly because of moving and all, but I"m jumping back on this week.

Since beginning taking CHL in January, I've lost 20 lbs... And dont get it twisted, I've worked for it, but without CHL, I wouldn't have been able to balance my diet and eat the right portions... .HOnestly, despite set backs here and there, and sometimes upset because my expectations were greater than what my body was doing, I feel this time of losing weight has been easier than any I've ever done before and that I certainly can make my new eating habits a lifestyle with the aide of CHL>..... I have another 20 to go and I'm done....

My body odor is very mild and on the regular, I dont wear deoderant anymore... This is quite amazing.. Also, I dont have morning breath anymore... So yea for that,..

I had some serious skin allergy issues last week going to my mom's house... Dont know what she got up in there but I came home with skin lookin like raw steak (I have eczema)... Needless to say, back to the drawing board, taking my CHL and flax oil daily to see if that will help... Probably will start using my CHL moisturizing lotion again as welll to help with all the scarring....

Other than that, I'm still here and still going strong... I certainly know that this will be a lifestyle for me... It's the first thing I do every morning... I hope this summer my hair will start sprouting uncontrollably! We'll see!

Yall take care... I"ll be around...

Last edited:
How do you change the settings ??

Just click on User CP (at the top of this page), Edit Options, then scroll down to Thread Display Options, Number of Posts Per Page, at dropdown menu, choose Show 40 posts per page. Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.

Welcome to the chlorella party Lovin Locks!:weird::dance7::clap:
Please don't forget to vote as well for the type of chlorella that you purchased.

Hi, poll is closed (with us newbies would be good if it could be reopened and let it be indefinite). Anyway . . . I GOT MINE!!!

Went to Whole Foods . . . EarthRise (tablets) which says "Premium Japanese Quality Yaeyama Chlorella" . . . YEESSSS!

So, for my first I mixed my wl hair shake and took 6 pills while drinking it. The instructions on the jar say take 6 per day (30-day supply). My next purchase will be the #1 one in the poll here since it is very popular. Not sure if I'll switch to the powder or stick with this. Seems a good idea to just take it with my wl hair shake in the a.m. before I go to work.

I'm in the partay 4 real now!!!!; so excited.

ive been taking chlorella for 3 weeks now and im breaking out on my face and on my neck! ive been drinking water like crazy and still breaking out. the only thing that has stopped me from breaking out is drinking a tablespoon of ACV. any1 else have this problem?

Just wanted to check in, I am still taking 3 grams. I had so much energy tonight I exercised. Haven't done that in months. So tonight I bought some healthy snacks and a new bottle of chlorella. I found some spirulina cookies in the vitamin shoppe for 64 cents.
I hope to incorpurate these into my diet because each cookie has 1000 mg. I'll let you know how they taste. Still losing weight,still green. Yay!

I was 162-163ish and am now going toward the mid 130's so how's that for weight loss. Granted I do eat right, but I was eating right before. Chlorella has almost doubled my weight loss in the same amount of time as usual. I do have days when I overindulge in sweets, or carbs, but I just do it. I feel like chlorella regulates me so well most of the time, that if I'm craving something, maybe my body wants it for a reason. So I eat it, and then I'll go back to my normal cravings because w/ chlorella I usually don't want that stuff.

Good for you. Losing a dress size is wonderful!

wow, you've done really good, congrats on your weight loss dear :yep:
:rosebud:

Ladies, i had my waistlength cocktail last night to which i added 2 tblspns of chlorella, well, i was up all night with violent vomiting and diarrhea. I will definitely be dropping down to 1 tblspn. I'm off today bcs my stomach is still in knots.

aww :( sorry to read that bronze!!
take baby steps, have the lowest dose you possibly can, (0.5grams)
not everyone can increase their dose quickly!!:nono:

hope yor feeling better hugs

It was the powder, cant remember the brand (cant access ebay at work). It did say that 1 teaspoon was 2grams.

So I guess, if I take 6 grams a day that will last me just over 16 days? I brought two so in total will last me just over a month for £23 inc shipping.

This is gonna get expensive :ohwell:

UK Ladies where are you guys ordering from and how much do you all pay? and for how much grams?

i now buy it from www.iherb.com but remember to keep orders under £18 or you will be charged custom charges.i wish i knew how many grams i'm taking, just two tablespoons daily, i think i will stick to that :yep:

Hi, poll is closed (with us newbies would be good if it could be reopened and let it be indefinite). Anyway . . . I GOT MINE!!!

Went to Whole Foods . . . EarthRise (tablets) which says "Premium Japanese Quality Yaeyama Chlorella" . . . YEESSSS!

So, for my first I mixed my wl hair shake and took 6 pills while drinking it. The instructions on the jar say take 6 per day (30-day supply). My next purchase will be the #1 one in the poll here since it is very popular. Not sure if I'll switch to the powder or stick with this. Seems a good idea to just take it with my wl hair shake in the a.m. before I go to work.

yay!! :yay::yay: :lol:

i have taken several chlorella's now and they are all identical, as long as it is japanese your good :)

what age can you give this to children? my son is nearly 17 months and i want to start him off early, shall i wait until he is two? i saw some chlorella supplements for children somewhere online, i may have to look that up again :user:

wow, you've done really good, congrats on your weight loss dear :yep:

Thanks I started at 220 but that was over a year ago, after receiving radioactive iodine for my thyroid and then proceeding to gain over 100 pds in 3 months! It was aweful. But at least I'm almost back to where I started from!

Thanks for letting me know about the poll. I had no idea what I was doing when I created it. Now I suppose I'll try to find out how to re open it.:spinning:

IDK where Bronze's post is but drop down even lower than 1g if you can. To the tiniest amount and then build back up from there. You may be really sensitive and have a limit that you can take and that's okay. Do what you can!

startingpic-th.jpg
hairupdate-th.jpg

(1/25/09) (5/19/09)

Okay so I tried! I can't get any help around this house. :nono: At anyrate, here is a pic of my wet/shrinking pony. The first pic, wet stretched hair, is 2 days before my green journey, the second is since going green. I will post again next month when I get my rollerset, there is more length to see. :yep:

I can't say how many inches of growth, I don't measure. Eating right and going GREEN is an awesome Combo!

I'm wondering when detox will occur? (It's only day 2 :grin:) I took the 6 pills before reporting to work. I'm wondering how many grams the six pills are and was too lazy to do the math, but sigh, guess I'ma gonna hafta :spinning:.

Get this, this morning I'm trying to take my pills with the WL shake. While walking to office I remembered I forgot to put the egg in, duh. But wait, I'm eating an omelet now, don't that count??? HA HA HA HA :lachen:

startingpic-th.jpg
hairupdate-th.jpg

(1/25/09) (5/19/09)

Okay so I tried! I can't get any help around this house. :nono: At anyrate, here is a pic of my wet/shrinking pony. The first pic, wet stretched hair, is 2 days before my green journey, the second is since going green. I will post again next month when I get my rollerset, there is more length to see. :yep:

I can't say how many inches of growth, I don't measure. Eating right and going GREEN is an awesome Combo!

CONGRATS on your hair growth! It is wonderfoul going green! The benefits seems endless!

I'm wondering when detox will occur? (It's only day 2 :grin:) I took the 6 pills before reporting to work. I'm wondering how many grams the six pills are and was too lazy to do the math, but sigh, guess I'ma gonna hafta :spinning:.

Get this, this morning I'm trying to take my pills with the WL shake. While walking to office I remembered I forgot to put the egg in, duh. But wait, I'm eating an omelet now, don't that count??? HA HA HA HA :lachen:

6 pills equals 3g with Earthrise, 500mg tablets. Not sure if that's the brand you take, seems like I recall you saying you picked those up. Can't help with the WL hair shake. I am only GREEN ;0)

Back