Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
And here are the after chl mask (applied at night every other day for 3 weeks) taken this morning...
ETA: The first two are my right side, the next two are my left side and the last one is my forehead. I think that my forehead is the only area that has improved... Again no flash, to render a better idea of the situation.
I feel so ugly right now, it's not even funny :sad:

I see an improvement. Have you ever tried tea tree oil soap? I use it and it has worked wonders on my skin.

Hey ladies just reporting in. Still holding at 6g, really need to increase it though. My period came last week right on time and last 2 days! That alone would keep me on this stuff!
My skin is still glowing, I noticed it in the mirror the other day when I was getting ready.
Also my nails seem to come back over night. I keep them filed low for my job, and I have to file them every couple of days.

Anyway, I have been able to cut down on my other supplements, just this, calcium, and omega 3-6-9. I feel so good. After taking the powder, I prefer it to the pills, It almost feels like a meal replacement when I mix it with the Bolthouse Green Drink. Problem is is that I can't seem to find it stocked in the stores, everyone just carries the pills:sad:

i think i'm going to have to step off the chlorella train for now. i may return eventually however. i was feeling kind of bad on friday, feeling nauseated, but started feeling better when i took some tums. saturday and sunday were much better. and i skipped friday and startday, b/c of how bad i felt friday. i'd been taking 3gm for 3 weeks then increased to 4gm a week ago, i started back sunday at my starting dose of 3gm, but woke out of my sleep feeling nauseated. nothing would come out, but the feeling kept waking me out of my sleep until i finally vomitted. then allday today i've been feeling bad as well. i think i'm going to stop taking this for a while. i definently can't be at work feeling tired and sick. it was good while it lasted at least. lol. and i did notice clearer and brighter skin that had a "glow" to it.

i think i'm going to have to step off the chlorella train for now. i may return eventually however. i was feeling kind of bad on friday, feeling nauseated, but started feeling better when i took some tums. saturday and sunday were much better. and i skipped friday and startday, b/c of how bad i felt friday. i'd been taking 3gm for 3 weeks then increased to 4gm a week ago, i started back sunday at my starting dose of 3gm, but woke out of my sleep feeling nauseated. nothing would come out, but the feeling kept waking me out of my sleep until i finally vomitted. then allday today i've been feeling bad as well. i think i'm going to stop taking this for a while. i definently can't be at work feeling tired and sick. it was good while it lasted at least. lol. and i did notice clearer and brighter skin that had a "glow" to it.

Glamourous_chic please see post 1 about vomitting before you quit. It may help!

Okkkkaayyyy.....so I took 3g at work today after lunch and boy did my tummy start to bubble..........went to the bathroom and it was EXPLOSIVE!!!! :eek:....I was sssooo embarrassed because the walls in our office trailer at the construction site are paper thin!!!........I guess the good thing is that I am still green and very regular :yep:....I don't know if I should be taking Chlorella at work though :nono::nono::nono:

Okkkkaayyyy.....so I took 3g at work today after lunch and boy did my tummy start to bubble..........went to the bathroom and it was EXPLOSIVE!!!! :eek:....I was sssooo embarrassed because the walls in our office trailer at the construction site are paper thin!!!........I guess the good thing is that I am still green and very regular :yep:....I don't know if I should be taking Chlorella at work though :nono::nono::nono:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Sorry...
now that I got that out of my system...
make sure you're not increasing too fast so that your system adjusts to it. HTH. If you need to you might consider lowering your dose for a few weeks and then slowly increasing.

Hi Ladies,
I have three days to go before I am back on the bandwagon heavy. I ended up not really falling off. I just cut back to 3g's each in pill form. It seems the pills aren't as strong as the powerder...MHO. I like the convenience of the pills.
Keep it up ladies....

Hi Greenies :bouncy:
My one month update:

I started my journey on April 2nd, with 2g Chlorella/4g Spirulina. It took me about a week to become "green". I then increased my dosage to 4g C/6g S respectively. I am now currently at 8g C/12g S. The things I have noticed is longer lashes. My nails were long, but I had a setback. I think it was the nail polish I was using. My skin is a little better. My mom actually complimented me on my skin. She thought I had makeup on! That was nice, because I am self-conscious about my skin. She bought her greens today. I have a liitle more energy, but I am not bouncing off walls. I have noticed that my hair is thicker, silkier and shiner. But I will attribute some of that to my hair care regimen. Overall I think that being is good for me. I am taking the changes as they come, because I am doing this life, and not instant gratification. Since I am 40, I need to pay more attention to my inner beauty (my health). That inturn will gve me more natural outer beauty (smooth skin, health hair and strong nails). Thanks to LD and all other posters for sharing.

Its good being green. See ya in a month :peace:

Last edited:
Hi Greenies :bouncy:
My one month update:

I started my journey on April 2nd, with 2g Chlorella/4g Spirulina. It took me about a week to become "green". I then increased my dosage to 4g C/6g S respectively. I am now currently at 8g C/12g S. The things I have noticed is longer lashes. My nails were long, but I had a setback. I think it was the nail polish I was using. My skin is a little better. My mom actually complimented me on my skin. She thought I had makeup on! That was nice, because I am self-conscious about my skin. She bought her greens today. I have a liitle more energy, but I am not bouncing off walls. I have noticed that my hair is thicker, silkier and shiner. But I will attribute some of that to my hair care regimen. Overall I think that being is good for me. I am taking the changes as they come, because I am doing this life, and not instant gratification. Since I am 40, I need to pay more attention to my inner beauty (my health). That inturn will gve me more natural outer beauty (smooth skin, health hair and strong nails). Thanks to LD and all other posters for sharing.

Its good being green. See ya in a month :peace:

Great testimonial! It IS good being green. Sounds like chlorella is treating you right.:yep:

How is the Trader Joe brand Green Drink in terms of quality, thickness, flavor etc? I have tried Bolthouse and like the flavor. Yesterday I had Green Machine and liked it better...not as thick. Thanks!

i personally think you started at a high dose, maybe you could've started at 0.5 grams and increased weekly?

were you drinking loads of water?

Hey ladies. I went on vacation to Nigeria for a month and wasn't able to get the tablets before I left so now I'm back at square one. i've just started with 1.5g and will gradually increase to avoid any side effects.

Missed being green though

Ok, I have been using Chlorella for about a month and my skin is .... shiny?

I am unsure of how to explain it. My skin looks oily but it is not oily to the touch. Is this what you gals are calling the "glow"?

I will so NOT be posting pictures 'cause I am NOT glowing that much. I have taken before pics and will post after pics in 6 months.

Now if I can stop biting my nails long enough to see if they can grow ....:(

UPDATE: It's been almost 2 months, and I'm currently at 6g SPR/3g CHL and will hold at this amount; BMs are still green.

Negative side effects have been minimal; primarily new pimples on my face everytime I step up my dose...a gram at a time. Now, I have a few on my face that I am waiting to clear up, but it has been worth it because:

1) I have fast-growing, hard nails that I have to cut because I don't like my nails too long.

2) I have an amazing amount of new growth at 10 weeks post; I can't wait until my touchup at 14 weeks to see how much length I have gained.

3) Cellulite on my body is practically nonexistent.

4) I used to have dark circles under my eyes...well they're gone!

5) Even with the pimples, my skin is glowing and will be outstanding after the pimples heal.

Recently, I started my son on 2g SPR/1g CHL, and I am working on DH.

Thanks ladies for all of your input; this is such a beneficial thread. :grin:

ETA: Oh, I forgot to tell ya'll about my eyelashes. They are so long that I don't even wear mascara during the week (for work) anymore. I just use it on the weekends for super long and thick lashes!

Last edited:
Hey ladies. I went on vacation to Nigeria for a month and wasn't able to get the tablets before I left so now I'm back at square one. i've just started with 1.5g and will gradually increase to avoid any side effects.

Missed being green though
At least your back! Hope you had fun in Nigeria.:grin:

UPDATE: It's been almost 2 months, and I'm currently at 6g SPR/3g CHL and will hold at this amount; BMs are still green.

Negative side effects have been minimal; primarily new pimples on my face everytime I step up my dose...a gram at a time. Now, I have a few on my face that I am waiting to clear up, but it has been worth it because:

1) I have fast-growing, hard nails that I have to cut because I don't like my nails too long.

2) I have an amazing amount of new growth at 10 weeks post; I can't wait until my touchup at 14 weeks to see how much length I have gained.

3) Cellulite on my body is practically nonexistent.

4) I used to have dark circles under my eyes...well they're gone!

5) Even with the pimples, my skin is glowing and will be outstanding after the pimples heal.

Recently, I started my son on 2g SPR/1g CHL, and I am working on DH.

Thanks ladies for all of your input; this is such a beneficial thread. :grin:

ETA: Oh, I forgot to tell ya'll about my eyelashes. They are so long that I don't even wear mascara during the week (for work) anymore. I just use it on the weekends for super long and thick lashes!

This is definitely a wonderful testimony! I hope it will inspire others to "wait it out" so to speak and let chlorella get to work! Congrats on all the progress.

I love this stuff
I've been taking it for a month
I just started taking spirulina 2 days ago, and I started on the papaya enzymes because I am still having breakouts. The breakouts were under control while I was on the pill, but when I ran out of the pills and switched to the powder, the same gram amounts I started breaking out again. My snl told me about the enzymes you can get from raw milk, so I am going to look into purchasing a share of a cow so that I can start getting that, and I won't have to worry about the papaya enzymes because the raw milk has enzymes out the gazoo.

hola! after poring over about 200 of the 444 pages here, doing my own research, and PMing with luckiest and barbiedollhair, i'm one of the newest members to the chlorella party. i ordered my source naturals powered chlorella over the weekend and hope to receive it sometime this week.

i'm hoping to see improvements in my nails and hair, as well as my skin, blood pressure and immune system. i'm tired of being sick all the time. wish me luck.

hola! after poring over about 200 of the 444 pages here, doing my own research, and PMing with luckiest and barbiedollhair, i'm one of the newest members to the chlorella party. i ordered my source naturals powered chlorella over the weekend and hope to receive it sometime this week.

i'm hoping to see improvements in my nails and hair, as well as my skin, blood pressure and immune system. i'm tired of being sick all the time. wish me luck.

Welcome! Life is GREENER on this side!

i dunno if it's chlorella or not, but i find that I CANNOT get full blown sick. Whenever the seasons change I always get a little "cold". I had that weird feeling in my throat and that;s it. No stuffiness, sneezing, coughing. It's odd........... Also, I see scars that I have had for years, smoothing down and lightening up; blending with my skin. It's so weird........
My lashes are out of this world and my nails and hair are so on point. I have always had easy to break nails. Now they feel like teflon. I love chlorella, just hate the nausea I feel when I go through detox whenever I up my dose. I'm currently at 6 grams.

i dunno if it's chlorella or not, but i find that I CANNOT get full blown sick. Whenever the seasons change I always get a little "cold". I had that weird feeling in my throat and that;s it. No stuffiness, sneezing, coughing. It's odd........... Also, I see scars that I have had for years, smoothing down and lightening up; blending with my skin. It's so weird........
My lashes are out of this world and my nails and hair are so on point. I have always had easy to break nails. Now they feel like teflon. I love chlorella, just hate the nausea I feel when I go through detox whenever I up my dose. I'm currently at 6 grams.

I have had the same experience girl. Its not odd, its not strange, its the beauty of being GREEN!!! :grin:

Wishing you all the best. Welcome to the Chlorella Party NuBraveHeart!:dance7:

Back