Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
I'm still taking 9 grams a day. I have to sneak and take my pills now :sekret: because my SO is still tripping and gets irate everytime he sees me take Chlorella. :angry2: He's still saying, "I told you before, you're gonna overdose on that ish! Stop taking so much." :swearing:

Me: :rolleyes: "I told you, it's natural. You can't take too much. I know some people that take more than I do."

Him: "Let me guess... Those chicks from that hair site.":rolleyes::wallbash:

Me: :look::yep:

Him: :rolleyes: "Gimme one."

Me::nono::perplexed:wallbash:

OK, this is the end of week 2 on Chlorella. My energy was THRU the roof this week.:grin: I went to the gym with NO effort. It's like my body has so much energy to burn, I barely want to sleep at night. :yep:
My mood has been great too and my appetite is low.

Thanks for the advice. And thanks to Mariofmagdel for PM'ing me. When I went brown I went a little nutty. So the validation and sanity check was much needed.

I'm now green so my CHL was too low. Tonight I will up my SPL intake to get the 2:1 ratio.

^^ Your theory makes sense to me, but keep in mind, this is coming from a straight-up SPR/CHL newbie.

About 6 weeks ago, I started the 2:1 SPR/CHL, with 1gm/.5gm, which caused me to go green. After several days, I was no longer green at that dosage. So, I rationalized that over time, the body "gets acclimated" to a particular dosage and eventually needs more. Now, I'm up to 4gm/2gm, which is what I need now to be green.

Acclimation never occurred to me so thanks for bringing it up. If it happens I will know what to do.

I can't speak for spiruling but I think you're right about the lowering thing. CHL helps with cravings. I've read about that a lot. don't get me wrong I've been on it for over 3 months and sometimes I crave chocolate or fries but it's not all the time that I'm craving desserts and carbs which is really a good thing.

I think upping the chl is great. It's a win win situation health wise as it's the one with the cgf that helps the body in other ways. Not that spirulina doesn't have it's benefits too.

Yep - I was feeling so good I took the CGF for granted and forgot that SPL doesn't have it. That's what I didn't take into consideration when I lowered my dosage.

I didn't take my chlorella last night. I don't know why. I woke up this morning so dizzy. And my allergies I forgot I had are kicking in. Never again. This is a hot mess.

Last edited:
So I started taking it last night.(powder form) It had a very familiar smell that I couldn't place. I think that it smells like my indigo powder! Maybe it's just me. I took a 1/2 teaspoon last night and this morning. I was thinking about taking 1 more tonight. I haven't experienced and side effects yet.

I moved back down to 6g. I running thru my supply too fast and didn't notice any differences. I hope to get the powder form soon.

Last edited:
thanks ladies, and you're welcome! i've been so busy lately, but i do try to lurk occassionally. i miss 2 days and there are pages lol! anyway, I'm good! day 5 of my 'detox' and i'm still okay - no debilitating symptoms still??? must be regular chlor and spir..... i probably detox aplenty with them anyway, hence this is easy? plus peeps at work seem stunned i feel i need to detox as i supposedly always eat so healthy. i felt though that my palate needed resetting after the easter when i had so much sweet and stodge it's all i craved afterwards! Plus my weight seemed to be at a plateau - kicked it up a notch, so i'll start eating again but will stay with raw fruit and veg mostly as hurray! that's all I'm craving right now! could kill for a piece of pineapple!

i'm pretty sure now my hair has grown thicker and length is good too. i need a trim soon, sigh and i'll start monitoring my progress closely after that. wanna keep twisting and braiding for ease of handling - we've been at some loggerheads lately, my hair and i, hence the need for trimming. need to protective style for a few weeks.

green sure keeps me going! i love it! in it for life!

have a fab weekend ladies!!!!

I'm still taking 9 grams a day. I have to sneak and take my pills now :sekret: because my SO is still tripping and gets irate everytime he sees me take Chlorella. :angry2: He's still saying, "I told you before, you're gonna overdose on that ish! Stop taking so much." :swearing:

Me: :rolleyes: "I told you, it's natural. You can't take too much. I know some people that take more than I do."

Him: "Let me guess... Those chicks from that hair site.":rolleyes::wallbash:

Me: :look::yep:

Him: :rolleyes: "Gimme one."

Me::nono::perplexed:wallbash:

:grin::grin::grin:

I didn't take my chlorella last night. I don't know why. I woke up this morning so dizzy. And my allergies I forgot I had are kicking in. Never again. This is a hot mess.

My asthma is still around...but it's always bad so I guess chlorella can't cure it over night. But my allergies have waved goodbye and flown the coop.:yep:

If I could feed this stuff to everyone door to door I would because it's just so good!:spinning: Okay I went a little batty lol! I checked myself.

So I started taking it last night.(powder form) It had a very familiar smell that I couldn't place. I think that it smells like my indigo powder! Maybe it's just me. I took a 1/2 teaspoon last night and this morning. I was thinking about taking 1 more tonight. I haven't experienced and side effects yet.

Were you taking the pills before? Either way welcome (or welcome again)!

thanks ladies, and you're welcome! i've been so busy lately, but i do try to lurk occassionally. i miss 2 days and there are pages lol! anyway, I'm good! day 5 of my 'detox' and i'm still okay - no debilitating symptoms still??? must be regular chlor and spir..... i probably detox aplenty with them anyway, hence this is easy? plus peeps at work seem stunned i feel i need to detox as i supposedly always eat so healthy. i felt though that my palate needed resetting after the easter when i had so much sweet and stodge it's all i craved afterwards! Plus my weight seemed to be at a plateau - kicked it up a notch, so i'll start eating again but will stay with raw fruit and veg mostly as hurray! that's all I'm craving right now! could kill for a piece of pineapple!

i'm pretty sure now my hair has grown thicker and length is good too. i need a trim soon, sigh and i'll start monitoring my progress closely after that. wanna keep twisting and braiding for ease of handling - we've been at some loggerheads lately, my hair and i, hence the need for trimming. need to protective style for a few weeks.

green sure keeps me going! i love it! in it for life!

have a fab weekend ladies!!!!
Now you've got me wanting to head up to wholefoods and it's almost 6 a.m! I haven't had pineapple in forever. I am SOOO getting some today.

No body else mention food, okay? I'm a foodie. Next thing you know I'll be getting pineapple and sushi, or pineapple and pasta, or whatever. Just don't put that suggestion in my head. It's a good thing that chlorella keeps me in check (with the amount I eat).

This is a long thread, is there a recap of the benefits people are having with Chlorella somewhere within this thread? If so where? and if no, would someone pretty please post the obtained benefits.

Thanks a mill

hi everyone!! well, i've been incorpertaing the chl;spi ratio of 2:1, but almost felt like my math off. i originally bought the tablets of both chlorella and spirillina, and have upped my dose of chlorella up to 4gm for the past week, and plan on upping it to 5gm this week or next week, but to maintain the 2:1 ratio for 4gm of chlorella, i've had to take 16 tabs of the 500mg spirullina. i had to do the math a couple of times, b/c i though i'd miscalculated. so, anyways i just ran out of the spirilinna tabs, but bought the powder so i wouldn't have to take sooo many tabs. i also went by a couple of vitamin shoppes to buy the chlorella powder, but non of the ones i went to in maryland seem to carry the powder. they ordered it for me, so hopefully it'll be in soon. i've already been waiting a week. and is it possible i'm still detoxing? yesterday at work, i felt sooo sick, and nauseated and had to take a bunch of tums.

hi everyone!! well, i've been incorpertaing the chl;spi ratio of 2:1, but almost felt like my math off. i originally bought the tablets of both chlorella and spirillina, and have upped my dose of chlorella up to 4gm for the past week, and plan on upping it to 5gm this week or next week, but to maintain the 2:1 ratio for 4gm of chlorella, i've had to take 16 tabs of the 500mg spirullina. i had to do the math a couple of times, b/c i though i'd miscalculated. so, anyways i just ran out of the spirilinna tabs, but bought the powder so i wouldn't have to take sooo many tabs. i also went by a couple of vitamin shoppes to buy the chlorella powder, but non of the ones i went to in maryland seem to carry the powder. they ordered it for me, so hopefully it'll be in soon. i've already been waiting a week. and is it possible i'm still detoxing? yesterday at work, i felt sooo sick, and nauseated and had to take a bunch of tums.

If anyone is autoimmune and taking spirulina please read my previous post about that or pm me. I decided not to but it's a personal choice. It can restimulate your immune system (and cause it to attack) or it can help it. So it's up to you. I am not saying that you are autoimmune, I just thought I should mention this for the future joinees as I know the old school gang already knows and made their choices accordingly. As for me, I'm just on chlorella as I have grave's.

If you don't have an illness that can flare up, then it could just be detox, as the chlorella and spirulina are hard core.:yep:

I posted a huge article but here's another about the Spirulina. And there are others that say the opposite so make up your mind accordingly. I don't want to be a downer. I just want everyone to be safe:

This is by Dr Ray Sahelian:

http://www.raysahelian.com/spirulina.html

Spirulina and the Immune System
Apparently spirulina has the ability to stimulate the immune system which could be beneficial in some individuals, and potentially harmful in those who already have an overactive immune system or an autoimmune condition. Therefore, spirulina is not advised to be taken regularly for those who have lupus, autoimmune thyroiditis, pemphigus vulgaris, and other such conditions.

This is a long thread, is there a recap of the benefits people are having with Chlorella somewhere within this thread? If so where? and if no, would someone pretty please post the obtained benefits.

Thanks a mill

I think Luckiest posted alot of good information on the first page of this thread. I have experienced several health benefits i believe from using chlorella, such as improved vision, energy and a stronger immune system. It also helps my hair grow faster and eyelashes and improves my skin. I use to take 3 grams daily . I think that worked well for me because i am pretty petite and am health conscious anyway. I recently upped it to 6 grams. There are testimonials all throughout this thread of how it has helped ppl in different ways. ;) HTH

It's official! I have allergies! I don't have the whole itchy eyes, throat and sneezing, but I have itchy EARS! It started last year and at first I thought it was an ear infection, but my sister told me it must be allergies (her and my brother have all the typical allergy symptoms) and that it may get worse...I hope not. My ears started itching a lot again yesterday and I could barely stand it!
Back to the chl.... I can only drink with OJ! I tried it w/ apple juice and I could barely drink the whole thing. I'm going to take pics of my skin and post the b/f and a/f chl mask in a while. See ya!
ETA: My skin is really looking bad... I don't see any improvement because I had a flare out last week... I don't know if it's getting any better at all. :nono: Ok, here goes the before chlorella mask pics taken on 04/23... (please don't be mean... I usually don't show my face in public like that...) :sad: The first two are my crazy right side, then the next two are my left side and finally my forehead.
Note: I have taken the pictures without flash because when I used it, the pictures would not show my skin as it really is. So sorry if they are not all clear and bright.

Pics removed

Last edited:
And here are the after chl mask (applied at night every other day for 3 weeks) taken this morning...
ETA: The first two are my right side, the next two are my left side and the last one is my forehead. I think that my forehead is the only area that has improved... Again no flash, to render a better idea of the situation.
I feel so ugly right now, it's not even funny :sad:
Pics removed

Last edited:
Well I took my first 3g of Chlorella on Saturday and had my first green BM today!!! (Can't believe it happened overnight!!!....sorry I know TMI). I am pretty petite (5' 0") so maybe it does not take much for my body to process. I will continue at the 3g everyday for a few weeks to see how it goes before I attempt any increase in dosage.....My SO and his friend were laughing at my "swamp juice" and were grossed out by the fact that I was actually drinking it!...My SO thought it was another hair product I had delivered to his house :lachen::lachen::lachen: It took probably about 24 oz or more of water for me to drink all of the 3g...I have to work on that. I was peeing every 3-5 minutes for about half an hour (liquid just flows through me!)....Anyway I can't wait to reap the health benefits :yep:

YIPPEE!!!! YIPPEE!!!! YIPPEE!!!! I finally read all 441 pages, Whew. Thanks LD for starting this thread and much thanks to all the ladies for all your research, input and positive support. The testimonials have been awesome and I am so looking forward to joining the Green Family. I've ordered the SN Yaeyama 600 pills and 4 oz powder. I will post once I get them and will continue to update regularly.

Thanks again to everyone.

Well I took my first 3g of Chlorella on Saturday and had my first green BM today!!! (Can't believe it happened overnight!!!....sorry I know TMI). I am pretty petite (5' 0") so maybe it does not take much for my body to process. I will continue at the 3g everyday for a few weeks to see how it goes before I attempt any increase in dosage.....My SO and his friend were laughing at my "swamp juice" and were grossed out by the fact that I was actually drinking it!...My SO thought it was another hair product I had delivered to his house :lachen::lachen::lachen: It took probably about 24 oz or more of water for me to drink all of the 3g...I have to work on that. I was peeing every 3-5 minutes for about half an hour (liquid just flows through me!)....Anyway I can't wait to reap the health benefits :yep:

Congrats Exubah on going green! :grin:

YIPPEE!!!! YIPPEE!!!! YIPPEE!!!! I finally read all 441 pages, Whew. Thanks LD for starting this thread and much thanks to all the ladies for all your research, input and positive support. The testimonials have been awesome and I am so looking forward to joining the Green Family. I've ordered the SN Yaeyama 600 pills and 4 oz powder. I will post once I get them and will continue to update regularly.

Thanks again to everyone.

Welcome to the green family jayjamlov!:grin: Glad we could help you to decided to join the Chlorellay party!

And wow! You read them all? :spinning:Wow! I mean I have, but I've been here since the beginning so congrats to you for that.

I just know you'll love being green and will look forward to the benefits.:yep:

My chlorella finally arrived today! I'm so excited, I need an energy boost. :grin:
I will be starting out at 2 grams a day added to my green smoothie.

Thanks for this thread luckiestdestiny:hug2:

I now have three of my co-workers on the Green Train!!!.......ummm yeah some of them actually jumped on that train before I did and I introduced the info to them :nono: :poke:

ETA: My skin is really looking bad... I don't see any improvement because I had a flare out last week...

Last year I started breaking out--even worse than when I went through puberty! It was horrible. I kept trying different acne remedies and it seemed my skin just got worse.

One of the many reasons I wanted to take chlorella was to benefit my skin. I was still breaking out when I started it in February. Then I read Sheba1's post about exfoliating with vinegar and baking soda, using cetaphil, etc. To my delight, my face cleared right up. I thought it was a fluke but even when my period came, my skin stayed pretty clear.

Anyway, its worth a try if you haven't already. Btw, chlorella masks did NOT work for me--gave me rashes and zits. Maybe if you cut down on them, you would see even more improvement... A little may go a long way with chlorella.

Back