Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Does anybody know why the suggested ratio of Spirulina to Chlorella is 2:1? Can you do 1:1 and still get good results? I'm thinking of incorporating Spirulina with this, but not sure if I need to if I'm just taking Chlorella. LD, I did read that PDF we were looking at at the beginning of this journey about the benefits of taking both, so I am considering... let me know what you all think or may know...

Oh and by the way, you guys, tomorrow will be my 3 month Chlorella anniversary!!! Yeaaa!!! Almost at four months.. I can't wait to see what happens at month four!!! Wish me luck!

Thanks for this belle, I couldn't remember which way around this went. I added SPR but have been taking less than the amount I should be according to this guideline. Thanks for the question too, I'll be interested to hear responses from dual CHL-SPR users.

Ladies,

From what I understand, CHL/SPRL work synergistically together but I believe that SPRL has a higher protein content which may be why it is recommended at a higher dosage. Here is what was stated in the article "The Chlorella Factor" and as for me, I find that SPRL gives me the energy boost while chlorella gives me the nutritional factor...don't you all forget to answer my question too (please)

Chlorella:

• A better source of chlorophyll, which makes it more detoxifying and cleansing.
  • It is especially good for people with liver disorders or people who drink or smoke.
  • It is very helpful for people with dry stools who suffer from constipation.
  • It is especially good for people who need "rebuilding" -- people who suffer from degenerative diseases (muscle, nervous system, etc.) or people who are frail.
  • Contains Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF), which boosts the immune system, reverses cancer, and offers other health benefits.
  • CGF also helps repair nerve tissues throughout the body and is excellent for treating degenerative brain and nerve disorders.
Spirulina:
  • A superior source of digestible protein. Contains 12 times the protein of beef.
  • Easier on the digestive system than chlorella, which can cause diarrhea in sensitive individuals.
  • The best source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a "good" fat necessary for the human brain, proper heart function, and other body systems.
  • Contains phycocyanin, a potent anti-cancer phytochemical that also gives spirulina its characteristic blue hue.

As you can see, both chlorella and spirulina offer a vast range of health benefits, and many of their strengths overlap. That's why I generally recommend that people consume both in substantial quantities. As a general rule, you should consume spirulina and chlorella in a 2:1 ratio. In other words, if you take 10 grams of spirulina a day, take 5 grams of chlorella, too.

Okay, i'm gonna take the plunge and buy $45 worth of chlorella by jarrow formulas....i want super-duper results...i think I'll add this to my waistlength cocktail....My hair is gonna be D-Lish-Us!!!

Okay, i'm gonna take the plunge and buy $45 worth of chlorella by jarrow formulas....i want super-duper results...i think I'll add this to my waistlength cocktail....My hair is gonna be D-Lish-Us!!!

Come on and join us Bronze! You know this what I have been doing with my daughter..now you know it will take a little time but it is sooo very worth the wait. I have been on it for 6 wks now and just now seems to be really doing some good stuff...I have been watching and noticing things but I wanted to be sure that it was not just hype or that it would persist and it surely has.

For example, at first my nails were breaking and peeling and with the CHL they began getting stronger but were still breaking. Now, They are rock solid and getting longer each week. I have never had ANYTHING to do that. Skin, my skin looks like your screen name...a bronze bombshell for real. My skin would get better then it would break out...it was going through a cycle for weeks but now girl it is just awesome.

My energy levels...up and down but now getting consistently "UP". Hair, thick, thick, thick and you have seen what the combo (waistlength shake + CHL/SPRL) has done for my daughters hair too. Eyelashes going off the hook, cellulite gone! Stomach going flat, body is strangely defined and I mean strange...I wake up each day and I am not lying, I seem a little more contoured each day, like I am being shaped and molded through the night.

Finally...weight loss, I have lost 4 pounds in the last 5 days and if anyone will chime in, I would like to know why in the beginning I had such a struggle but when I increased my dosage, the weight seems to be melting off. Ok, let me get down from the pulpit.:grin:

HH

Okay Chica, it is time to take the plunge with open arms. I love my results. They are actual results - not imagined. Physically - allergies reduced, energy, WAY faster metabolism, hair, and nails. It is really incredible. I wish I had taken the plunge sooner. Good luck - you will not be sorry.

MC

Ladies. I wanted to stop by and tell you all how much I am loving the Chlorella mask!! Love it ... love it... love it...My skin is absolutely GLOWING!:grin:

Ladies. I wanted to stop by and tell you all how much I am loving the Chlorella mask!! Love it ... love it... love it...My skin is absolutely GLOWING!:grin:
I have yet to do a facial, but if it does that good for your skin on the outside, just think of what its doing on our insides!

I plan to do a mask one day soon. I'm using a gycolic moisturizer, it really seems to be helping my complexion even out. don't want to try to many new things at once so that I can tell how each thing is working for me individuallly.

LD and ladies chime in and help me! (in a good way):grin:

I am totally excited, remember I had weight issues going on well for the last 5 days I have been losing almost a pound a day, I was at 204 now I am at 200 and I have not done anything but increase my CHL/SPRL dosage to 9g SPL and 6g of CHL after 6 wks of usage. What is going on and why didn't it happen before??? I am liking this!:yay::yay::yay:

I think you've detoxed and it's started working on balancing your metabolism. Some people try to go too high too fast, and gain. If you do it right, you should lose. So if you gain, you should back off. From my recollection you followed that suggestion w/ your shake after gaining (of backing off on chlorella) and waited until your body adjusted before going up again. So when you're body adjusted and was ready, you went up, and so you're now dropping weight. Confusing, yes. But everyone should listen to their bodies. It will tell you if you're detoxing too fast w/ everything from constipation to weight gain.That's when you should cut back and allow your body to adjust. Then once it's adjusted after a couple weeks or more, when you move up again, you'll be rewarded. sounds like everything is going well.

You mean naturally? I haven't taken spirulina although I ordered it. If my body has a high amount, maybe I shouldn't take any additional spirulina?

No,, I think I was answering two question at once. For those that are, it's just too much protein, and sometimes one has to be adjusted.

we're individuals. Our bodies are different and can tolerate different amounts. You may think you've completely detoxed but maybe you're still detoxing w/o feeling it. That's why you're getting sever bloating. Don't increase until your body can tolerate it, even if you have to hold at .5 for a month or more. My mom got to 3 grams, but it took her almost 3 months to do it. Everyone is different.

In addition there's another question I noticed later down the thread of how can some of us go higher? Well I'm only on chlorella not spirulina so that may be a reason why. They both contain tons of protein. I don't do spirulina because I have Grave's disease and it has been know to sometimes stimulate the immune system in a negative manner for those that are autoimmune. So I am just cautious with it. Others have noticed the opposite effect but I just don't want to risk it.

I'm sure you'll be able to increase, just not as much because you probably already have so much spirulina.

Yeah I just quoted myself. The first part answers your question, the second was for those w/ both chlorella and spirulina. This was your answer

" Our bodies are different and can tolerate different amounts. You may think you've completely detoxed but maybe you're still detoxing w/o feeling it. That's why you're getting sever bloating. Don't increase until your body can tolerate it, even if you have to hold at .5 for a month or more. My mom got to 3 grams, but it took her almost 3 months to do it. Everyone is different."

It's almost like diagnosing stuff. I have to read everyone's post and then see from what I've read what's going on with them. This is what I think is going on with you.

CHL backs me up. :ohwell:
Thats why I stopped.
I have no idea why that is but Im back on it.
Could you help me find out why?

Took too much too fast. now you know you need to start low for YOUR body. Everyone is different. Also drink lots of water and increase slowly. In your case I would go up every week or two if you're really sensitive. Whereas someone else may increase every few days if they're less, etc. If that still doesn't work and you get constipated, pull back again to the level where you weren't and stay there for twice as much time as you're super sensitive. Then increase super slowly. HTH

Did the same to me, at first. Three days and nothin! On like 3 grams :nono:. Started taking a calcium/magnesium supplement at night and it was smooth sailing after that. Needed the calcium/magnesium, anyways, I guess.

can you tell me about the calcium/magnesium supplement?
which one and how much??

constipation runs in my family. :(
after starting CHL I went very well. Then i discoved after about 4 days i stopped going again. Every time i stop going i've upped my daily amount slilghtly and I started going again.

I'm up to 12 grams now but I got so high because it took an increase to get me going again.

Come on and join us Bronze! You know this what I have been doing with my daughter..now you know it will take a little time but it is sooo very worth the wait. I have been on it for 6 wks now and just now seems to be really doing some good stuff...I have been watching and noticing things but I wanted to be sure that it was not just hype or that it would persist and it surely has.

For example, at first my nails were breaking and peeling and with the CHL they began getting stronger but were still breaking. Now, They are rock solid and getting longer each week. I have never had ANYTHING to do that. Skin, my skin looks like your screen name...a bronze bombshell for real. My skin would get better then it would break out...it was going through a cycle for weeks but now girl it is just awesome.

My energy levels...up and down but now getting consistently "UP". Hair, thick, thick, thick and you have seen what the combo (waistlength shake + CHL/SPRL) has done for my daughters hair too. Eyelashes going off the hook, cellulite gone! Stomach going flat, body is strangely defined and I mean strange...I wake up each day and I am not lying, I seem a little more contoured each day, like I am being shaped and molded through the night.

Finally...weight loss, I have lost 4 pounds in the last 5 days and if anyone will chime in, I would like to know why in the beginning I had such a struggle but when I increased my dosage, the weight seems to be melting off. Ok, let me get down from the pulpit.:grin:

HH

Chica, I am SOLD!!!

OK, I and now up to 6 grams daily and my head is sore! Has anyone else experience this? Granted I had my hair braided up and hide under a wig for the past 6 day (took the braids out today) and I skipped 2 days of CHL but I'm done that for months straight without CHL and my head was never sore. I pray this is a good sign that its growning. I need serious growth!!!!!

Okay Chica, it is time to take the plunge with open arms. I love my results. They are actual results - not imagined. Physically - allergies reduced, energy, WAY faster metabolism, hair, and nails. It is really incredible. I wish I had taken the plunge sooner. Good luck - you will not be sorry.

MC
Allright, Counselor, your argument has won me over....:grin::yep:

MsCounsel, I love your progress pics....LUV' EM!

MC

I always thought I had perfect nails but the "Chlorella nails" are rock hard extra white, shiny and look fake!!

My cousins were telling me it is not fair that they have to buy nails like mines:lachen:

My newgrowth (hair) is still extra soft, thick and strong.
I'm still cornrowed up but cant resist touching the newgrowth.

Still on the green train and loving the results :yay:

Amen to the bolded above. This is exactly how my nails look now. All I need for some nice "French Tips" now is a nice Top Coat (Seche Vite) and some white nail polish. Niiiiiiiice!:yep::yep::yep:

They got me Blaque*Angel, they got me! Finally got a card from Royal Mail delivered today saying I have to pay a £15 customs charge. Not impressed :nono:

Well from now on, small orders only, or better yet I'll wait til I go back to the US and order there!

oh wow:nono: that's why it was taking so long! never mind girl we live and learn!

I tried chlorella mixed with elasta qp dpr-11.
I D C'ed with it, went under the steamer then rinsed after 30 minutes!!

When i use DPR-11 my hair is usually very soft, when i added chlorella to the mix, my hair blinged like i had coconut oil in it! it was quite strange, but good
:grin:

It washes out very well too :yep:

I saw my friend that braids up my hair yesterday, I asked her to re do the conrows, as i was taking them out her face was like :eek:

I asked her what's up about three times, she just kept saying "nothing"

When i took all the cornrow's out she said
"WOW,i need your secret"
I told her,
"I told you about the chlorella, the egg shake...the results are now showing aren't they?!"
She replies "yes, your hair is thicker but softer and feels very different!but i want a magic pill in a bottle I dont want to do so much" i just rolled my eyes!

How is drinking doing too much? something that greatly helps your health too!

My husband walks in and says "wow, your hair's really grown!" that had me grinning, because he doesn't usually comment on growth.
The last time they both seen my hair out was about 4 weeks ago.

My mom and sister keep looking at me and smiling.
My little sister who says "yuk, i'll never drink that green stuff!" was like
"you look like a celebrity!! :lachen: you look really nice, your skin is glowing, you look prettier!"
My mom was nodding her head in agreement :yep:

Men are acting very different around me. even friends have had for years! :look: it must be the chlorella factor!!! :lol:

I believe the chlorella combined with the egg shake is a perfect combination. the results are hard to believe!

I look like I did at 16 in the mirror, i actually smile at myself now instead of frown!
I have switched up my skincare line and now use Erno Laszlo's products. www.ernolaszlo.com

Want extra shiny,longer hair?
glowing,clear,radiant skin?
extra white eye's?
thicker.longer,hard to break nails?
increased energy?
fresh breath 24-7?
pinker gums?

Try Chlorella and the egg shake combined, my results have gotten more intense since adding the egg shake to my regime!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!! :yay:

I've been trying to stay out of the egg shake thread - its not working. B*A you may just tip me over the edge!

OK, I and now up to 6 grams daily and my head is sore! Has anyone else experience this? Granted I had my hair braided up and hide under a wig for the past 6 day (took the braids out today) and I skipped 2 days of CHL but I'm done that for months straight without CHL and my head was never sore. I pray this is a good sign that its growning. I need serious growth!!!!!

waaaay back in the beginning I had a little soreness. I also had this weird sensation like up and down my head, almost like a tingling but different.:spinning:

I do attribute it to growth, though.

I've been trying to stay out of the egg shake thread - its not working. B*A you may just tip me over the edge!

haha!! you won't regret it!!:grin:

i tried to stay out of it too but so glad that i am now an egglett, i just keep thinking what is my health, body and hair going to be like in a year from now?:grin:

Mega healthy:yep:

I tried chlorella mixed with elasta qp dpr-11.
I D C'ed with it, went under the steamer then rinsed after 30 minutes!!

When i use DPR-11 my hair is usually very soft, when i added chlorella to the mix, my hair blinged like i had coconut oil in it! it was quite strange, but good :grin:

It washes out very well too :yep:

I saw my friend that braids up my hair yesterday, I asked her to re do the conrows, as i was taking them out her face was like :eek:

I asked her what's up about three times, she just kept saying "nothing"

When i took all the cornrow's out she said
"WOW,i need your secret"
I told her,
"I told you about the chlorella, the egg shake...the results are now showing aren't they?!"
She replies "yes, your hair is thicker but softer and feels very different!but i want a magic pill in a bottle I dont want to do so much" i just rolled my eyes!

How is drinking doing too much? something that greatly helps your health too!

My husband walks in and says "wow, your hair's really grown!" that had me grinning, because he doesn't usually comment on growth.
The last time they both seen my hair out was about 4 weeks ago.

My mom and sister keep looking at me and smiling.
My little sister who says "yuk, i'll never drink that green stuff!" was like
"you look like a celebrity!! :lachen: you look really nice, your skin is glowing, you look prettier!"
My mom was nodding her head in agreement :yep:

Men are acting very different around me. even friends have had for years! :look: it must be the chlorella factor!!! :lol:

I believe the chlorella combined with the egg shake is a perfect combination. the results are hard to believe!

I look like I did at 16 in the mirror, i actually smile at myself now instead of frown!
I have switched up my skincare line and now use Erno Laszlo's products. www.ernolaszlo.com

Want extra shiny,longer hair?
glowing,clear,radiant skin?
extra white eye's?
thicker.longer,hard to break nails?
increased energy?
fresh breath 24-7?
pinker gums?

Try Chlorella and the egg shake combined, my results have gotten more intense since adding the egg shake to my regime!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!! :yay:

You know, I haven't tried the egg shake but I've eaten eggs every morning and also fish at least 5 times a week or more (yes!). And I think eggs really do help too with the chlorella, though I've been doing it since forever (the eggs in the morning but not a drink, scrambled cause it's fast and I'm on the go). :lick:

You know, I haven't tried the egg shake but I've eaten eggs every morning and also fish at least 5 times a week or more (yes!). And I think eggs really do help too with the chlorella, though I've been doing it since forever (the eggs in the morning but not a drink, scrambled cause it's fast and I'm on the go). :lick:

ooooh your an egglette too then! with all that scrambled egg:lick::lol:

I also eat several eggs throughout the day:drunk: I think it definitely does help with the chlorella:yep:

The shake takes about 3 minutes to prepare so maybe you could try it for a couple of weeks and report back?

I love the fact that the shake keeps you full until lunch time.

Back