• Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
just reporting in on my favourite chlorella face mask so far:yep:

i use quarter teaspoon of honey
a teaspoon of rosewater to make the honey turn into a smoother liquid form
half a teaspoon of chlorella powder

this mask is by far my favourite.

put it all over your face for a glowing moisturised complexion.
i leave it on for an hour, it dries nice and hard and clings to the skin, you can feel your pores tightening.

got a pimple? put a dab of this on the spot. leave on for an hour,after washing it off your face the pimple now has a whitehead.

the next day the pimple is usually dried up and it leaves no mark!!

i got a pimple, since changing to source naturals its now gone :)

i love chlorella :yay:

Hey.. Can we still get the mask section in the quick start section going? This would really help me because for some reason I started on Spirulina with my chlorella and im breaking out again..

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

OK I am sooooooooo mad!
I picked up the naked green juice last night for dd.

WHY did I have to go and taste it?!
That stuff taste like pureed banans and pears. I knew the chlorella was in there because I felt the texture but all those fruit and vegs covered the CHL.

I had some reg and then diluted it with water. The undilluted even covered up that sandy feeling at the end.

I was doing just fine for the last few weeks drinking it with water. Now I'm going to have to wean myself from this juice! Not to mention the other brand that I did not even open yet! :nono:

I'm up to 12 grams a day but dd is on hold at 2 grams

I'm on day three of Chlorella, I couldn't find a teaspoon so I used a tablespoon of the stuff in a cup of orange juice.
My nails are stronger and my eye lashers have grown. You should of seen my face when I went to the toilet and wiped:lachen:

I really thought my mind was playing tricks on me. After starting CHL I notice that my stomach was getting smaller. I wipe it off thinking it was just me and today when I got on my bike to exercise I notice that my stomach was not sitting on my lap!

WoHo! :yahoo:

Upped another gram today. I am now taking 6 gm daily. Oh and I am still taking 3 gm of Spirulina daily.

Last edited:
oh oh i'm re-detoxing...because i'm sampling source naturals!!!

blurry eyes,extreme thirst and a little rash is develpoing near my neck!!!

Hey.. Can we still get the mask section in the quick start section going? This would really help me because for some reason I started on Spirulina with my chlorella and im breaking out again..

I know. You'll have to forgive.I've been working on a tight deadline lately. I'll put it in as soon as I can. Just give me a little more time pleeease.

My eye lash update:

They are super long! I have one rogue one that wants to curl the other way and I have to coax it out of my eye. I was even thinking of plucking it but I think that would hurt too much.

I know. You'll have to forgive.I've been working on a tight deadline lately. I'll put it in as soon as I can. Just give me a little more time pleeease.

Girl take care of buisness first..I know things can get crazy:spinning:. I just thought i'd remind. Until then we can do a search in this thread for masks and a whole bunch will pull up.. I used one today and it was wonderful :grin:

I finally got my replacement today. I got the Source Natural powder. Boy is this stuff thick.:blush: I thought 1tsp was not going to be much, but even that small amount totally overwhelmed the applesauce I first mixed it with. Today I tried grape juice, that fared a little better but still didn't mix too thoroughly. Maybe tomorrow I'll try some yogurt.

Checking in....:grin:

Its been a week, and I've noticed delayed appetite, increased energy (talkin like an energizer bunny*not at all like me*:look:) ....

I'm still at 2gr. per day, added to my smoothie...

I've yet to make/add it to a mask...but I will...(me lubs masks of all varieties:look:).

Peace,CHL, and hair grease...:grin:

Wow, I think I am into week 3 maybe 4. The only ( not just only, it's a great only...LOL) thing I notice different is my digestive system. My stomach just feels different. Kind of lighter. My nails still look horrible, not to mention they are stainned from the last Henna treatment. Can't really notice any difference in my hair since I have braids now, but I am still going strong. I think my detox is just taking longer. It's funny, I look at my eye lashes and they still look the same... wild... LOL. Currently I am still holding at 6 g CLH and 3g SP.
Cheers Ladies....

So what amt of consumption are you ladies aiming for eventually? I'm at 9 grams and plan to get up to 15 grams and hold there for a while to see what happens before either decreasing to 9 gms or staying put at 15gms.

I had been using Earthrise brand, which lasted only about 2-3 weeks (I do 5g per day all at once mid-day). I wanted a more cost effective but still very good one.... research led me to Swanson Vitamins Kyoto Japanese brand. 50 days worth for about $35 or so. Hair is growing well and my finger nails are doing GREAT. Before the chlorella my nails were peeling and splitting horribly despite taking 3g MSM + 5mg Biotin daily (along with MaxiHair etc). The CHL turned my nails around for sure.

I tried the chlorella power for the first time today...it's not SO bad, but it takes some getting used to. I mixed it with bolthouse farm green goodness and water. I think I can handle this daily...so I think I'm gonna continue with my pills, but also add the drink mix to increase my dosage...then maybe I'll be able to stick with the powder permanently...

I just made a mask for my face, I only mixed the powder with water..no precise measuring, I just made it into a smooth paste, applied it and left it on for about 15 mins. I just washed it off and my face feels very smooth. I'm know some others add other things to their masks as well..I look forward to trying those.:grin:

So what amt of consumption are you ladies aiming for eventually? I'm at 9 grams and plan to get up to 15 grams and hold there for a while to see what happens before either decreasing to 9 gms or staying put at 15gms.

Hey ladies and alex too :drunk:

This has probably been posted numerous times but it is a helpful reminder of dosage goals:

Maintenance Dosage: 3 – 5 grams/day
Significant Part of the Diet: 6 – 10 grams/day
Immune System Builder: 11 – 14 grams/day
Primary Source of Protein : 12 – 19 grams/day
Healing Purposes & Heavy Metal Detoxification: 20 – 30+ grams/day

As for me, I am at 6g finally of CHL and 9 g of SPRL. I do feel so much better and more energetic at this dose rather than a lower dosage, it seems like I was more tired at the lower dosages but I had to be patient and work up to this dosage. My tenative goal is to be at 10g of Sprl and 10g of CHL for the long term.

Hey ladies and alex too :drunk:

This has probably been posted numerous times but it is a helpful reminder of dosage goals:

Maintenance Dosage: 3 – 5 grams/day
Significant Part of the Diet: 6 – 10 grams/day
Immune System Builder: 11 – 14 grams/day
Primary Source of Protein : 12 – 19 grams/day
Healing Purposes & Heavy Metal Detoxification: 20 – 30+ grams/day

As for me, I am at 6g finally of CHL and 9 g of SPRL. I do feel so much better and more energetic at this dose rather than a lower dosage, it seems like I was more tired at the lower dosages but I had to be patient and work up to this dosage. My tenative goal is to be at 10g of Sprl and 10g of CHL for the long term.

I didn't know that 12-19 grams was considered a primary source or protein. The breakdown I have is a little different. Thanks.:yep: I think every website has a different breakdown. :lol:

Last edited:
^^^I think everyone's results are different and listed through out the whole 399 pages of the thread. Today is the 4th day I've actually been consistent taking chlorella. It's helping my sleep inertia so much! It does help my cravings for food....but doesn't stop me from eating it. LOL. Although now I'm hoping it'll be easier for me to stick to my eating plan and maybe even easier to eat to my BMR all the time. I've kind of lost my perference for food, as in if it tastes good great and if it doesn't oh well. I'm much more statisfied.

I'm drinking it in my tea...is that okay...mostly because I can hold my nose and gulp it down at the same time.....I'm thinking of mixing it into some apple carrot juice or something..

^^^I think everyone's results are different and listed through out the whole 399 pages of the thread. Today is the 4th day I've actually been consistent taking chlorella. It's helping my sleep inertia so much! It does help my cravings for food....but doesn't stop me from eating it. LOL. Although now I'm hoping it'll be easier for me to stick to my eating plan and maybe even easier to eat to my BMR all the time. I've kind of lost my perference for food, as in if it tastes good great and if it doesn't oh well. I'm much more statisfied.

I'm drinking it in my tea...is that okay...mostly because I can hold my nose and gulp it down at the same time.....I'm thinking of mixing it into some apple carrot juice or something..

I should've been more specific. I was thinking along the lines of "how many inches a month did you get with CHL versus your normal growth"

I should've been more specific. I was thinking along the lines of "how many inches a month did you get with CHL versus your normal growth"

Chlorella is a four month journey (minimum).So it's kinda hard for those to assess what they're getting as it's very individual. As it is a body detoxifier, it works on different ailments first before going to hair. Some people get immediate growth, others get immediate luminous skin,, some get tons of energy, etc. Lots have noticed thickness within their first month or so, and growth of varying amounts. But most noticed more growth than normal. It takes a commitment of months to find out how much chlorella can do for hair and everything else in the body. I've been on it for three months, noticed my hair was growing faster, and then boom even more of a growth spurt. My eye lashes were longer but now they are ridiculously long, like I'm wearing mascara with nothing on. I feel like it came out of nowhere. Maybe I wasn't noticing but I believe it's just from the effect of consistency and patience.

Even then, those with other "issues" may take longer. As such it's an individual question. I don't want everyone to get hung up on getting a certain amount to "inches". That is why in the beginning we decided to focus on what chlorella can do for the body as a whole (we meaning the first pioneeers on the first pages of this thread) including hair. In the beginning, when this thread started, everyone agreed they didn't want to be pressured or compared to anyone else, so in the spirit of that,

I think it's best to say there isn't a definitive answer. If you want to see my growth you can look up the "maximum growth" thread started by kimbos heart. I put some pics in there. I've been getting great growth from chlorella, but as I'm braided up and natural, I will not be straightening my hair anytime soon as I've made a commitment to getting out the layers and retaining through braiding and minimal manipulation. We also have other posts spread out here and there. Hair hustla for instance just posted a few pages back about her daughter's hair turn around with pics. I posted my braid growth in Feb, others are going to post soon, but there isn't any pressure. I like that we're gathering info, getting healthy, and enjoying the rewards.

I want to just throw a number out,as I'm really excited about the amount of extra growth, but I don't want others to get into a comparing mindset. That's reallly not what this thread is about. We check in and report what's going on with us and our hair, share pics if we want, when we want, and just support eachother. Wish I had more definitive stuff but I just don't want the energy to change. When people want to share their pics I'm sure they will in their time. I can say I don't think we'd be on it for such a long time if we weren't getting the benefits! HTH

Last edited:
I really thought my mind was playing tricks on me. After starting CHL I notice that my stomach was getting smaller. I wipe it off thinking it was just me and today when I got on my bike to exercise I notice that my stomach was not sitting on my lap!

WoHo! :yahoo:

Upped another gram today. I am now taking 6 gm daily. Oh an I am still taking 3 gm of Spirulina daily.

This stuff is no joke. I've lost over 20 pounds. It took almost three months, but I think that's pretty darn good. I would usually lose way slower than that even w/ the way I eat because of thyroid disease.

Back