Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
i see this has almost 400 pages. is this stuff really that good? for health or just hair?
:lachen: I think you just answered your own question lol! IT is really that good that's why there's 400 pages. Yes it's for health and hair. Read the first and second post to get the scoop. It has everything you need (the basics.)

So what amt of consumption are you ladies aiming for eventually? I'm at 9 grams and plan to get up to 15 grams and hold there for a while to see what happens before either decreasing to 9 gms or staying put at 15gms.
Staying at 12 for at least 6-8 months maybe more. :yep:I do have Grave's disease, though so I really want it to detox my body including the radioactive iodine they gave me.:ohwell:

I didn't know that 12-19 grams was considered a primary source or protein. The breakdown I have is a little different. Thanks.:yep: I think every website has a different breakdown. :lol:

Yeah. Vegetarians have used it as a primary source of protein. Others can supplement their protein with it. The rule of thumb is 6 g chlorella equals about 25-28 g of meat, because of the fact that your body only digest 20 percent of the meat and over 80-90 percent of chlorella depending on how the cell wall's cracked.

My nails are so hard and the free edge is super white! They were always decent but now my nails are looking phenomenal! My skin is glowing too. People are probably gonna think I'm pregnant or something.

I think the Spirulina (Earthrise brand) was causing me some constipation so I quit it. Not sure if I should add it back or what. I have the huge thing of 360 tablets that I might be trying to get rid of.

Can someone please explain why some of us are unable to take CHL in large doses but still reap the same benefits? For instance, I've detoxed and gone green and I'm only taking .5g a day. When I take a dose larger than that I have severe flatulence and bloating. I'm totally confused about this.

I restocked on the Sun brand because my iherb order seems to be MIA. I had one day of no CHL because I left my tabs at work. The next day my energy was whoo hoo again! I always get an instant boost in my energy levels, its great. I am on 6g now and will up every few days. I'm vegetarian so I'm thinking about maintaining at about 9g.

Can someone please explain why some of us are unable to take CHL in large doses but still reap the same benefits? For instance, I've detoxed and gone green and I'm only taking .5g a day. When I take a dose larger than that I have severe flatulence and bloating. I'm totally confused about this.

I am having this issue with CHL also.. so I'ma try to just take it at night. It only happens after I take it. By the next day it's gone till I take it again. I do know that it increases the intestinal flora (healthy bacteria) and at first flatulence and bloating can be an issue until the bod adjusts.

I am having this issue with CHL also.. so I'ma try to just take it at night. It only happens after I take it. By the next day it's gone till I take it again. I do know that it increases the intestinal flora (healthy bacteria) and at first flatulence and bloating can be an issue until the bod adjusts.

I wonder how long my body would take to adjust. I take it at night as well. If I take 1g (I never tried to take a dose larger than 1g), I have gas and bloating all day the next day. Not a good look. :nono:

I am SO glad you posted this...I would like to know, too. If I take more than 1 gram per day of NOW brand CHL, I get constipated. One month ago, I started taking 1 gm. CHL with 4 gms. of NOW brand SPR, drink 90-100 ounces of water a day and exercise vigorously 3 times a week. Now, I take .5 grams per day, no constipation, have gone green, have glowing skin and hard nails.

How are ya'll able to take such large doses with no problems?

Last edited:

we're individuals. Our bodies are different and can tolerate different amounts. You may think you've completely detoxed but maybe you're still detoxing w/o feeling it. That's why you're getting sever bloating. Don't increase until your body can tolerate it, even if you have to hold at .5 for a month or more. My mom got to 3 grams, but it took her almost 3 months to do it. Everyone is different.

In addition there's another question I noticed later down the thread of how can some of us go higher? Well I'm only on chlorella not spirulina so that may be a reason why. They both contain tons of protein. I don't do spirulina because I have Grave's disease and it has been know to sometimes stimulate the immune system in a negative manner for those that are autoimmune. So I am just cautious with it. Others have noticed the opposite effect but I just don't want to risk it.

I'm sure you'll be able to increase, just not as much because you probably already have so much spirulina.

Last edited:
I think the Spirulina (Earthrise brand) was causing me some constipation so I quit it. Not sure if I should add it back or what. I have the huge thing of 360 tablets that I might be trying to get rid of.

I haven't been on spirulina. Hopefully Mariofmagdal will chime in or others on Spirulina. If you're constipated with it, are you still taking the chlorella? You'll still get lots of benefits as they are indentical in many ways with only a few distinct separations.:yep:

LD and ladies chime in and help me! (in a good way):grin:

I am totally excited, remember I had weight issues going on well for the last 5 days I have been losing almost a pound a day, I was at 204 now I am at 200 and I have not done anything but increase my CHL/SPRL dosage to 9g SPL and 6g of CHL after 6 wks of usage. What is going on and why didn't it happen before??? I am liking this!:yay::yay::yay:

i've upped my dose of spirulina and feel like the energiser bunny: giggle:

i feel refreshed after 4 hours of sleep!!!!!

i've been spring cleaning like mad!

wow, thats strange. they usually deliver within 4 days!!

i think customs may have you order, this may result in you being charged by customs!!

heres a little tip: keep your orders under £20
*(they cannot charge you that way!)

sometimes i make several under £20 orders just to avoid being charged customs!!

They got me Blaque*Angel, they got me! Finally got a card from Royal Mail delivered today saying I have to pay a £15 customs charge. Not impressed :nono:

Well from now on, small orders only, or better yet I'll wait til I go back to the US and order there!

we're individuals. Our bodies are different and can tolerate different amounts. You may think you've completely detoxed but maybe you're still detoxing w/o feeling it. That's why you're getting sever bloating. Don't increase until your body can tolerate it, even if you have to hold at .5 for a month or more. My mom got to 3 grams, but it took her almost 3 months to do it. Everyone is different.

In addition there's another question I noticed later down the thread of how can some of us go higher? Well I'm only on chlorella not spirulina so that may be a reason why. They both contain tons of protein. I don't do spirulina because I have Grave's disease and it has been know to sometimes stimulate the immune system in a negative manner for those that are autoimmune. So I am just cautious with it. Others have noticed the opposite effect but I just don't want to risk it.

I'm sure you'll be able to increase, just not as much because you probably already have so much spirulina.

You mean naturally? I haven't taken spirulina although I ordered it. If my body has a high amount, maybe I shouldn't take any additional spirulina?

CHL backs me up. :ohwell:
Thats why I stopped.
I have no idea why that is but Im back on it.
Could you help me find out why?

Thats why I stopped.

Hey Auburn

What was your initial dosage when you began taking CHL? Did you get backed up straight away on this initial dose or when you began to increase? Perhaps you upped your dosage too much too soon?

Hey Auburn

What was your initial dosage when you began taking CHL? Did you get backed up straight away on this initial dose or when you began to increase? Perhaps you upped your dosage too much too soon?

I think I took 6 (3 grams) last time (summer time). Last night I took 3 and no elimination this morning :sad: 3 is 1.5 grams for the type I have.

Thats why I stopped.

Hey Auburn

That's what I was gonna say. It did the same thing to me when I tried to start at 1g. I had to lower the dose to .5g. I was finally able to take 1g last night with no gas or bloating so I think I'm ready to up my dosage. I took .5g for about 2 weeks.

Thats why I stopped.

Did the same to me, at first. Three days and nothin! On like 3 grams :nono:. Started taking a calcium/magnesium supplement at night and it was smooth sailing after that. Needed the calcium/magnesium, anyways, I guess.

I should've been more specific. I was thinking along the lines of "how many inches a month did you get with CHL versus your normal growth"

OH! I don't measure that anyway so I couldn't tell anyone. I look for condition and at my relaxers how much more hair do I have. So I wouldn't have been much help to you, and I just got consistent using CHL....Day 5 and I'm not consistent with most things

Thank for the feed back ladies.

Im also irritable this morning..but I also get annoyed easily. I want to take aloe vera for digestive health to help things flow.

Couldnt salt water just pass it on out?

lol clump & pass method!

whoa wait, I forgot about pushing :nono:

I started feeling constipated when I upped my dosage to roundabout the 9g mark. At the same time I fell off my healthy eating habits so I wasn't sure if my diet or the dosage was the cause. I backed off a little, and am now upping from 6gs again.

Does anybody know why the suggested ratio of Spirulina to Chlorella is 2:1? Can you do 1:1 and still get good results? I'm thinking of incorporating Spirulina with this, but not sure if I need to if I'm just taking Chlorella. LD, I did read that PDF we were looking at at the beginning of this journey about the benefits of taking both, so I am considering... let me know what you all think or may know...

Oh and by the way, you guys, tomorrow will be my 3 month Chlorella anniversary!!! Yeaaa!!! Almost at four months.. I can't wait to see what happens at month four!!! Wish me luck!

Back