• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
ooooh your an egglette too then! with all that scrambled egg:lick::lol:

I also eat several eggs throughout the day:drunk: I think it definitely does help with the chlorella:yep:

The shake takes about 3 minutes to prepare so maybe you could try it for a couple of weeks and report back?

I love the fact that the shake keeps you full until lunch time.

OK, OK, I'll try it! Stop with the pressure already! :lachen:
I eat eggs a lot anyway. Being a time-poor veggie I end up making quick veggie packed omelettes for dinner quite often, but starting my day off (or ending it as I saw some ladies having theirs in the evening) with a filling, nutritionally rich, growth boosting shake? I may just get on this before this month's through.

Last edited:
Ladies,

From what I understand, CHL/SPRL work synergistically together but I believe that SPRL has a higher protein content which may be why it is recommended at a higher dosage. Here is what was stated in the article "The Chlorella Factor"

...I generally recommend that people consume both in substantial quantities. As a general rule, you should consume spirulina and chlorella in a 2:1 ratio. In other words, if you take 10 grams of spirulina a day, take 5 grams of chlorella, too.

Does anybody know why the suggested ratio of Spirulina to Chlorella is 2:1? Can you do 1:1 and still get good results? I'm thinking of incorporating Spirulina with this, but not sure if I need to if I'm just taking Chlorella. LD, I did read that PDF we were looking at at the beginning of this journey about the benefits of taking both, so I am considering... let me know what you all think or may know...

Oh and by the way, you guys, tomorrow will be my 3 month Chlorella anniversary!!! Yeaaa!!! Almost at four months.. I can't wait to see what happens at month four!!! Wish me luck!

Back to the algae - can any users of both CHL and SPR comment on the recommended ratios? Did you follow/deviate from this? What additional results did you see when you added SPR?

Where are you purchasing this mask from? I would love to try it...
I just use a tablespoon of Jarrow Chlorella mixed with a little moisturizer and water. Mix and apply and leave on for a few hours. Some have been leaving it on overnight, but I sleep to wild for that and would end up with green bedding. Today I think I'll add a dab of honey..

Where are you purchasing this mask from? I would love to try it... :yep:

I start out with some Aubrey Organics Green Tea and Green Clay Rejuvenating Mask, (they do a Blue Algae skin care line too but I've not tried) add a lil honey, and mash in one tiny Sun CHL tab. Mix and apply with the back of spoon (alot less messy for me), and leave on for 20-30 minutes.

The last time I used this, my skin was silky smooth afterwards, and a spot that was trying to bloom was dry and then non-existent 2 days afterwards!

I start out with some Aubrey Organics Green Tea and Green Clay Rejuvenating Mask, (they do a Blue Algae skin care line too but I've not tried) add a lil honey, and mash in one tiny Sun CHL tab. Mix and apply with the back of spoon (alot less messy for me), and leave on for 20-30 minutes.

The last time I used this, my skin was silky smooth afterwards, and a spot that was trying to bloom was dry and then non-existent 2 days afterwards!
I use the back of a spoon to apply also. Much less messy that way.

I haven't been on spirulina. Hopefully Mariofmagdal will chime in or others on Spirulina. If you're constipated with it, are you still taking the chlorella? You'll still get lots of benefits as they are indentical in many ways with only a few distinct separations.:yep:

Constipation usually occurs when a fiber supplement is taken initially. Insufficient water causes fiber to swell in the intestine and become dry and compacted. Whenever, and however you take it, make sure you follow with an additional large glass of water. Drink plenty of water. If it persists, take a smaller dosage more frequently, this way you don't have to scroll back so far.

Generally, it is better to take lower more frequent doses if you can't handle the detox effects. Some have asked how some can reach higher levels with no problems, as for me, I did suffer many of the detox symptoms that come with this initially, but I rode them out, as did many of the others at the start. We laughed and joked about being bloated, full of gas, and the worst of all, constipation. Most found other ways, like Aloe Vera juice to help with constipation. Unfortunately this thread is really long, but it seems the newer Greenettes are not as willing to go through detox as did the original ladies. Detox is good, it means chlorella/spirulina are doing their job. We are all different and I encourage you to feel comfortable during this process, but if you scale back everytime you get a detox effect it will take longer to see the results we have. You will get results, but it will take longer. On average it takes 6-12 months for anyone to see the full benefits of these Superfoods..

If you are in for life, enjoy the benefits of being Green, and by all means listen to your body and what it is telling you.

I tried chlorella mixed with elasta qp dpr-11.
I D C'ed with it, went under the steamer then rinsed after 30 minutes!!

When i use DPR-11 my hair is usually very soft, when i added chlorella to the mix, my hair blinged like i had coconut oil in it! it was quite strange, but good
:grin:

It washes out very well too :yep:

I saw my friend that braids up my hair yesterday, I asked her to re do the conrows, as i was taking them out her face was like :eek:

I asked her what's up about three times, she just kept saying "nothing"

When i took all the cornrow's out she said
"WOW,i need your secret"
I told her,
"I told you about the chlorella, the egg shake...the results are now showing aren't they?!"
She replies "yes, your hair is thicker but softer and feels very different!but i want a magic pill in a bottle I dont want to do so much" i just rolled my eyes!

How is drinking doing too much? something that greatly helps your health too!

My husband walks in and says "wow, your hair's really grown!" that had me grinning, because he doesn't usually comment on growth.
The last time they both seen my hair out was about 4 weeks ago.

My mom and sister keep looking at me and smiling.
My little sister who says "yuk, i'll never drink that green stuff!" was like
"you look like a celebrity!! :lachen: you look really nice, your skin is glowing, you look prettier!"
My mom was nodding her head in agreement :yep:

Men are acting very different around me. even friends have had for years! :look: it must be the chlorella factor!!! :lol:

I believe the chlorella combined with the egg shake is a perfect combination. the results are hard to believe!

I look like I did at 16 in the mirror, i actually smile at myself now instead of frown!
I have switched up my skincare line and now use Erno Laszlo's products. www.ernolaszlo.com

Want extra shiny,longer hair?
glowing,clear,radiant skin?
extra white eye's?
thicker.longer,hard to break nails?
increased energy?
fresh breath 24-7?
pinker gums?

Try Chlorella and the egg shake combined, my results have gotten more intense since adding the egg shake to my regime!

GO GREEN!!!!!!!! :yay:

how much chlorella did you use?

What is the egg shake that you guys are talking about?
For those that are using the mask, how often are you using it?

Thank for the feed back ladies.

Im also irritable this morning..but I also get annoyed easily. I want to take aloe vera for digestive health to help things flow.

Couldnt salt water just pass it on out?

lol clump & pass method!

whoa wait, I forgot about pushing :nono:

I was backed up at first but drinking half my weight in water turned things around completely. I thought I was drinking enough water but I wasn't.

Back to the algae - can any users of both CHL and SPR comment on the recommended ratios? Did you follow/deviate from this? What additional results did you see when you added SPR?

Hi Pooki,

In the beginning atleast for the first 3 weeks I did not follow this ratio because I wanted to see what if any affects SPRL would have on me along with the CHL. I have not followed this ratio to the letter, I am now at 6 weeks and I am doing 6g chl and 9 grams of SPRL and I find that this ratio is working quite well for me but I will need more time to evaluate this dosage as I have only been on it for a week now. I can tell a difference though. Are you wanting to increase SPRL? The results I have seen is no need for afternoon naps anymore..so an increase in energy, nails seems to be responding very nicely and a general feeling of well being whereas before I may have been still detoxing and I was sluggish all the time. Hope this helps!

HH

Hi, the egg shake thread is actually known as the "drink your way to waistlength hair" thread. Check it out, I do the egg shake + CHL/SPRL combo and I love it so far.

Hey HairHustla

I started taking SPR but at half the amount of CHL, I haven't really noticed any additional changes, and I'm not sure if I will continue. Not sure if I can afford to buy it when I find that CHL gives me increased energy anyway - for some reason I just don't like my SPR, (it may well be the smell).

ooooh your an egglette too then! with all that scrambled egg:lick::lol:

I also eat several eggs throughout the day:drunk: I think it definitely does help with the chlorella:yep:

The shake takes about 3 minutes to prepare so maybe you could try it for a couple of weeks and report back?

I love the fact that the shake keeps you full until lunch time.

BA,

You know I am with you on that girl as you were the one who introduced me to the egg shake, thank you girl from the bottom of my hair follicles!!! LOL!!! I like doing the shake and incorporating CHL/SPRL in it because it gives me my nourishment for the morning and it is an easy way to get the greens into my daugther as she will not take the pills. When I do not do the shake I feel something is missing from my day...for real. Highly recommended!

I think you've detoxed and it's started working on balancing your metabolism. Some people try to go too high too fast, and gain. If you do it right, you should lose. So if you gain, you should back off. From my recollection you followed that suggestion w/ your shake after gaining (of backing off on chlorella) and waited until your body adjusted before going up again. So when you're body adjusted and was ready, you went up, and so you're now dropping weight. Confusing, yes. But everyone should listen to their bodies. It will tell you if you're detoxing too fast w/ everything from constipation to weight gain.That's when you should cut back and allow your body to adjust. Then once it's adjusted after a couple weeks or more, when you move up again, you'll be rewarded. sounds like everything is going well.

LD you are one smart cookie girl! Thank you because that makes sense to me. I remember you said that you have dropped 20 lbs. In the beginning, did it all start coming off like I am or was it a couple pounds here and there? How long did it take you to lose the entire 20 lbs? Congratulations on that also!

BA,

You know I am with you on that girl as you were the one who introduced me to the egg shake, thank you girl from the bottom of my hair follicles!!! LOL!!! I like doing the shake and incorporating CHL/SPRL in it because it gives me my nourishment for the morning and it is an easy way to get the greens into my daugther as she will not take the pills. When I do not do the shake I feel something is missing from my day...for real. Highly recommended!
I see that big long thread over there and I just go :nono:

Are you adding a whole raw egg to your shake? Or the egg white?

Shoot. I'm anxious. Today with my lunch I had 6oz of Naked Juice Green Machine watered down (with water) and 12g of Chlorella powder. I decided to just go for it and bypass the weekly increments of 2g.

Pray for me y'all that I don't become constipated. All I know is that I am really, really GREEN just in time for Earth Day! :lachen:

Shoot. I'm anxious. Today with my lunch I had 6oz of Naked Juice Green Machine watered down (with water) and 12g of Chlorella powder. I decided to just go for it and bypass the weekly increments of 2g.

Pray for me y'all that I don't become constipated. All I know is that I am really, really GREEN just in time for Earth Day! :lachen:

:lachen::blush::lachen: I'm up to 4g (which is a huge leap-for me)

Added to my Green smoothie...(1/4 water- 1/4 odwalla green machine)

MY NAILS are growing...:grin:

You just went crazy today didn't ya! hehe Drink a lot of water today!

I'm baaaaaaaack at 3 g's and I feel great!

I'm addressing my hair setback and continuing on my green journey. I started a few days ago and I'm actually green at 3 g's. I'll probably stay here and continue to add a teaspoon to my morning egg shake.

"Drink your way to waislength hair...I am!" thread, home of the Egglettes and the Waistlength Cocktail thread..drop on in, our nest is big enough for all of you...I too, have just purchased my kilo of chl, i've been taking 10 pills, 2 gm for 3 weeks, now...I, too, am a greenie~

I see that big long thread over there and I just go :nono:

Are you adding a whole raw egg to your shake? Or the egg white?

You know, I thought that I could not do it so I said I would try it once and was hoping the whole time that I would not throw it up but I tasted it and could not taste egg at all so then it was a go. I use both and switch up between the two so basically whatever I have available eggwise. It's not for everybody but it is ok for me so far. :yep:

I'm baaaaaaaack at 3 g's and I feel great!

I'm addressing my hair setback and continuing on my green journey. I started a few days ago and I'm actually green at 3 g's. I'll probably stay here and continue to add a teaspoon to my morning egg shake.

Yodie I am so glad to see you girl and praying things work well for you!!!!

Back