Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
I'm baaaaaaaack at 3 g's and I feel great!

I'm addressing my hair setback and continuing on my green journey. I started a few days ago and I'm actually green at 3 g's. I'll probably stay here and continue to add a teaspoon to my morning egg shake.

Hey Yodie,

Welcome back! It's good to hear from you.:yep:

LD you are one smart cookie girl! Thank you because that makes sense to me. I remember you said that you have dropped 20 lbs. In the beginning, did it all start coming off like I am or was it a couple pounds here and there? How long did it take you to lose the entire 20 lbs? Congratulations on that also!

It took 3 months. It was here and there. I was already eating right it just made me lose double what I'd normally lose. I never had the gain problem because I read that article. I posted the info for everyone else too. I never went up too fast. I went up as fast as my body would allow.:yep:

ooooh your an egglette too then! with all that scrambled egg:lick::lol:

I also eat several eggs throughout the day:drunk: I think it definitely does help with the chlorella:yep:

The shake takes about 3 minutes to prepare so maybe you could try it for a couple of weeks and report back?

I love the fact that the shake keeps you full until lunch time.

I think I'll stick with my eggs. I am all for those doing the shake but I already have weight problems/metabolism because of my thyroid, and don't want to add anything into the mix that could possibly cause me to undo all the weight loss I've achieved.

Plus I am doing well with them cooked. I think it's good to get them in any way you can so if you enjoy them, go for it. I'll keep scrambling away.:grin:

Constipation usually occurs when a fiber supplement is taken initially. Insufficient water causes fiber to swell in the intestine and become dry and compacted. Whenever, and however you take it, make sure you follow with an additional large glass of water. Drink plenty of water. If it persists, take a smaller dosage more frequently, this way you don't have to scroll back so far.

Generally, it is better to take lower more frequent doses if you can't handle the detox effects. Some have asked how some can reach higher levels with no problems, as for me, I did suffer many of the detox symptoms that come with this initially, but I rode them out, as did many of the others at the start. We laughed and joked about being bloated, full of gas, and the worst of all, constipation. Most found other ways, like Aloe Vera juice to help with constipation. Unfortunately this thread is really long, but it seems the newer Greenettes are not as willing to go through detox as did the original ladies. Detox is good, it means chlorella/spirulina are doing their job. We are all different and I encourage you to feel comfortable during this process, but if you scale back everytime you get a detox effect it will take longer to see the results we have. You will get results, but it will take longer. On average it takes 6-12 months for anyone to see the full benefits of these Superfoods..

If you are in for life, enjoy the benefits of being Green, and by all means listen to your body and what it is telling you.

To bolded. I def agree. I wrote that it takes four months or more because four is the time that things START to change (some notice significant changes) on chlorella but longer is when the full benefits come, depending on everyone's bodies. If you're taking super foods you should just commit to using them to nourish the body.

Missed you MariofMagdal good to see you're checking in!

It took 3 months. It was here and there. I was already eating right it just made me lose double what I'd normally lose. I never had the gain problem because I read that article. I posted the info for everyone else too. I never went up too fast. I went up as fast as my body would allow.:yep:

Glad to know it, now I really have something to look forward to! :grin:

I think I have to take Chlorella every other day...it's backing me up. And that egg thing sucks.

*Because I'm allergic to eggs.

BA,

You know I am with you on that girl as you were the one who introduced me to the egg shake, thank you girl from the bottom of my hair follicles!!! LOL!!! I like doing the shake and incorporating CHL/SPRL in it because it gives me my nourishment for the morning and it is an easy way to get the greens into my daugther as she will not take the pills. When I do not do the shake I feel something is missing from my day...for real. Highly recommended!

Aw your welcome love, yours and your daughters hair's really thriving,:yep:
well done,i wish you both all the best. :rosebud:

Alrighty then. I had everything for the egg shake except the wheat germ oil. I just ordered some up from the vitaminshoppe. In two days or so I'll be in business!!

I think I have to take Chlorella every other day...it's backing me up. And that egg thing sucks.

*Because I'm allergic to eggs.

Sorry about the egg thing. My best friend is like that. I was like, what can you EAT? I mean bread has eggs in it. Her diet is so specialized because it has to be. So I have an idea of what you have to go through.:nono:

As for chlorella, just lower your dose and up your water. UP THE WATER ladies. That's what the pioneers did, and what I do. If you hate water, sorry you still need to up it m kay?

Shoot. I'm anxious. Today with my lunch I had 6oz of Naked Juice Green Machine watered down (with water) and 12g of Chlorella powder. I decided to just go for it and bypass the weekly increments of 2g.

Pray for me y'all that I don't become constipated. All I know is that I am really, really GREEN just in time for Earth Day! :lachen:
Wow you're really going for it aren't you?

Sorry about the egg thing. My best friend is like that. I was like, what can you EAT? I mean bread has eggs in it. Her diet is so specialized because it has to be. So I have an idea of what you have to go through.:nono:

As for chlorella, just lower your dose and up your water. UP THE WATER ladies. That's what the pioneers did, and what I do. If you hate water, sorry you still need to up it m kay?

I second the water thing!

Somtimes I find myself not keeping up with the water and I end up paying for it.

I think I slack off because I get tired from going to pee so many times. :ohwell:

Actually mine is not that bad. I think because it's a passed down allergy and my father doesn't have it I have some immunity built up. But there are things I can't eat unless their made differently to not include eggs. At the chinese place I probably get on their nerves cuz I keep saying over and over no eggs no eggs. I'm not supposed it eat french toast and every now and then I con my godmother into giving it to me until after when I get sick she realizes I can't eat it again:lachen:

But it does mess things up. I have to completely learn to cook differently...but at least I'm at the point I can sit with someone else eating eggs and not be sick to my stomach....

I remember my SO tried to kiss me after he ate breakfast and had eggs and I almost screamed:lachen: and my other friends are constantly forgetting and trying to feed me eggs at Ihop.

I'm going to get some egg protein and call it a day. I'm just not ready for the raw eg thing. I'm happy to hear it is working for many. I'm just not that tough.

I'm going to get some egg protein and call it a day. I'm just not ready for the raw eg thing. I'm happy to hear it is working for many. I'm just not that tough.

I scramble them and call it a day. I eat eggs daily out of convenience and they're cheap (and I'm always out the door. I'm working on my thesis, networking, class, and then I'm also having to of course work my other job to pay the bills...that's why I'm up all hours: finishing homework, etc. Luckily I have a hard time sleeping anyways). So I just scramble the egg for breakfast, eat some veggies fish and possibly whole grain for dinner, eat something else like that or w/ chicken for lunch (possibly fruit), take my chlorella and keep it moving.

Glad to hear everything is coming out okay :giggle: Stay up on your water. I find when I slack on the water, I pay big time.

I had such a sneaky cycle this morning, it just sneaked up on me...

Is this going to be a chlorella cyle?
Meeeee too!

Mine came on today.
(are we talking about the same thing:look:)

I'm taking 9 grams of Chlorella now. My SO saw me taking the pills the other day and was like :swearing: "Your taking too many pills! You're going to mess around and overdose on that ish!" I told him that Chlorella is good for you and I offered him some. He was like :nono: but a few minutes later, I saw him reading the bottle. :sekret: He took 3 when he didn't think I was looking at him.:ohwell:

I'm taking 9 grams of Chlorella now. My SO saw me taking the pills the other day and was like :swearing: "Your taking too many pills! You're going to mess around and overdose on that ish!" I told him that Chlorella is good for you and I offered him some. He was like :nono: but a few minutes later, I saw him reading the bottle. :sekret: He took 3 when he didn't think I was looking at him.:ohwell:

This is so cute! My DH says the same. In fact he insists my skin has turned green! ;0)

:lachen:that's too cute.

I just wanted to post about some other great things that have happened since I started taking the CHL. First, I realized this morning that my stomach & waist looks a lot more toned and firm. It looked so good, I grabbed the tape measure...not a drastic change in measurement but it was enough that I noticed the change. Also, this is about the time of year that I battle with bronchitis. I am happy to say that I've had no symptoms...in fact, my allergies are almost non-existent. I can't believe this. Early Spring is hard for me. For those reasons alone, I will always take CHL. I just added SPR as well. Right now, I'm taking them at a 1:1 ratio but next week I'll increase the ratio 2:1 as recommended.

:lachen:that's too cute.

I just wanted to post about some other great things that have happened since I started taking the CHL. First, I realized this morning that my stomach & waist looks a lot more toned and firm. It looked so good, I grabbed the tape measure...not a drastic change in measurement but it was enough that I noticed the change. Also, this is about the time of year that I battle with bronchitis. I am happy to say that I've had no symptoms...in fact, my allergies are almost non-existent. I can't believe this. Early Spring is hard for me. For those reasons alone, I will always take CHL. I just added SPR as well. Right now, I'm taking them at a 1:1 ratio but next week I'll increase the ratio 2:1 as recommended.

Congratulations, that's great news! BTW, you're having good growth. At the rate you're going, you'll be waist length next year.:look:

Congratulations, that's great news! BTW, you're having good growth. At the rate you're going, you'll be waist length next year.:look:

:lachen:Thanks! I doubt that. This transition has me :spinning:...I'll probably do something drastic by this time next year, if not sooner.

I started at like 3g and within like a DAY increased to 5g... and now I'm doing 6g. I seem to be able to move up fast. I will probably try to maintain at like 7-8g. I am feeling REALLY good though and I also am noticing some slimming and feeling of well being.

LOL! :lachen: I call your SO an "undercover fan", my husband gives me the very same lines;;;"You are gonna overdose on all that stuff..mixin and matchin" He sometimes calls me a witch doctor. It doesn't do any good for me to tell him that it is all natural, he says natural things can kill you too but wait until he sees me when he gets back, I am going to make him eat every word...literally! This is what I take and tell me if you think it is harmful or too much:

Mornings-CHL/SPRL mixed in my egg shake and one acidolphilus tablet for female issues.

Afternoons-CLA (conjugated linoleic acid)

Evenings before bed-three omega 3-6-9- tablets because they put me into la la land and are very good for my health. That's all so I don't know what my undercover fan is talking about!! :look:

I think I'll stick with my eggs. I am all for those doing the shake but I already have weight problems/metabolism because of my thyroid, and don't want to add anything into the mix that could possibly cause me to undo all the weight loss I've achieved.

Plus I am doing well with them cooked. I think it's good to get them in any way you can so if you enjoy them, go for it. I'll keep scrambling away.:grin:

I understand :yep:

Atleast you are still getting your eggs in:grin: Even the author of the book (the one that inspired bronzebombshell to introduce LHCF to the egg shake) says as long as you have an egg daily, your hair and health will thank you for it :)

LOL! :lachen: I call your SO an "undercover fan", my husband gives me the very same lines;;;"You are gonna overdose on all that stuff..mixin and matchin" He sometimes calls me a witch doctor. It doesn't do any good for me to tell him that it is all natural, he says natural things can kill you too but wait until he sees me when he gets back, I am going to make him eat every word...literally! This is what I take and tell me if you think it is harmful or too much:

Mornings-CHL/SPRL mixed in my egg shake and one acidolphilus tablet for female issues.

Afternoons-CLA (conjugated linoleic acid)

Evenings before bed-three omega 3-6-9- tablets because they put me into la la land and are very good for my health. That's all so I don't know what my undercover fan is talking about!! :look:

wow, are we married to the same man? my husband calls me a witch doctor too!!:lachen:

:lol: girl, I love reading your post. Speaking of which, my DH was on my chlorella powder quick. We are both trying to just keep ourselves healthy and looking good. I told him about my chlorella, and he took my word for it and read the back of the container, and decided it was worth the try. But he started at like 5 g off back. :lol: DH is crazy.

But so far so good, I'm up to like 3.5 g. I started at 1g (appx 2 weeks ago). So far no detox symptoms. BM are dark brown, and slightly greenish. Not as green as I think they should be. So, I will continue to increase till I get to like 6g, and see what happens.

WARNING - Long Post! Re: How about taking Chlorella?

:sekret: Hey y'all, IvyS coming out of the closet.
I've been lurking on this thread for a while and even though I haven't read all of the posts, I am very impressed and happy about the results I did see.

Thanks LuckiestDestiny for sharing your findings and starting this thread - CHL is amazing.

Thanks to HairHustla for her diminishing cellulite testimonial on the Get Fine in '09 thread I jumped right in. Even though I ordered CHL I was very wary about taking it. After hearing CHL helped get rid of HH's cellulite I didn't care about detoxing.

I started taking CHL April 3rd and just today I added SPL. I initially started with 0.5gms of CHL and now I'm up to 9gms a day.

I take 6gms (2 tsp) of Source Natural Yaeyama CHL with 1 scoop of Designer Whey protein with 2 tsp MSM and 1tsp each of (Molasses, Coconut vinegar, and honey) with 12-16ozs of water. This mixture is very bitter because of the MSM so I add 1Tbs of Nesquik chocolate syrup to make it more palatable. Before bed I take 1 tsp CHL and 8ozs water.

However, since I got my SPL I intend on staying at 9gms total but with a 3gms:6gms ratio of CHL:SPL.

When I increased my CHL intake I experienced bloating, gas, and constipation so I take a digestive enzyme each time. I normally take digestive enzymes when I eat dairy b/c I'm lactose intolerant. The digestive enzymes helped relieve the discomfort. So for those experiencing digestive discomfort I highly recommend digestive enzymes to aid the detox process.

I originally ordered CHL for faster hair growth but due to the improved health (results listed below) I don't care if my hair grows faster or not:
  1. The post acne dark spots on my face are getting lighter and my complexion is getting more even.
  • I've been asked twice if I'm pregnant because I'm told, "You're glowing!"
  • Yesterday the guard at work told me he liked my new makeup. I didn't tell him it's the same makeup I've been wearing - I didn't change anything.
  • A co-worker told me today she liked my new glasses. Um - I've been wearing these glasses for a few months now.
  • I've caught some strangers staring and smiling at me. There were a few times I thought they were smiling at me b/c I met them somewhere but I forgot - I tend to do that. So I would say hello. But after thinking about it - I never knew those people!
  • My appetite is not as big as it used to be. I don't crave pastries and sugar like I used to. Sometimes I have to make myself eat and when I do it's not as much. I still eat pastries but now I eat one donut or cookie instead of ...
  • My nails are crazy strong - before they were always thin and tearing.
  • My eye-lashes are more noticeable - longer and thicker.
  • My dimples are getting smaller and my underwear is getting baggy. Now they creep up because there's not as much to hold them in place.
  • I have crazy energy - this past Sunday I worked sun-up to sun-down cleaning the house - I hate cleaning!
  • I'm more focused on my tasks and I don't get overwhelmed if there's a mess.
  • I give my 11 yr old DS 1.5gms of CHL before bed and he doesn't stink the house anymore when he does #2. Also, his BO and bad breath is almost non-existent.
  • I am kicking butt during my workouts and I recover a lot faster.
  • I'm more laid back - I don't sweat the small stuff anymore.
  • I'm happy - even if I get upset I'm still happy. I don't understand it but it doesn't bother me. LOL

I believe I'm still detoxing but I welcome it b/c that means the CHL is working - I just drink more water and take digestive enzymes to help get the poisons out of my body faster.

Because of my experience with CHL I've gotten two people at work to order CHL and another one is going to read the ebook that was posted on this thread.

HHG!

Back