• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Hi greenies,
I am so glad that everyone is posting their different experiences. I am noticing things, but its hard to tell if its the chlorella. For me, I am taking 4g chlorella and 6g spirulina. I having been taking this dose for about a week. I started officially April 2nd. My forehead is itchy and irritated. I have gotten a couple of breakouts. It seems like I am always hungry. I will continue to be green, but I am very impatient. I am waiting for results that I can equate soley to my "greeness". But I'm not ready to jump ship yet.

But I am happy for those with GREAT result. YEAH!

Hey Cutenss I have great results but I've been on chlorella for almost three months. You really need to take chlorella as a long term health super food. You've been taking it for less than two weeks! Patience please.:grin: We all want hair down to our knees and Glowy skin in one day :lachen:. I'm glad you're not ready to jump ship...but that means you're thinking about it. Jump ship in two weeks on something you should try out for at least 4 months to see the full effects?:spinning:

Hang in there. I'm rooting for ya!:yep:

O don't get me wrong LD, I am taking chlorella for more than just external beauty. I already have that :gorgeous:. I have done alot of research on this, and this thread is a wealth of knowlede. I even have m mom going green. :yay: I just firgure thagt I could "vent" so to speak, and you guys would give encouragement to me. I have alot going on, and this board helps more that you know. I know that I don't have patience, but I will never give up on me. Which is why I am green. Thanks for the :spank:. I check in soon :wave:

I have a question and I would be very grateful if someone would answer.
Say I start getting the same positive results as you ladies here, for example longer eye lashes. Would they only stay longer than my usual length for as long as I use Chlorella, and revert back to it's original size once I stop using it?

Alright...so after reading about the Chlorella masks on this thread, I made a paste this morning and it is now on my face.. I have a couple blemishes that need to go away, so I'm going to see if this works. I'll leave it on a couple hours? and hope nobody comes to the door.

Alright...so after reading about the Chlorella masks on this thread, I made a paste this morning and it is now on my face.. I have a couple blemishes that need to go away, so I'm going to see if this works. I'll leave it on a couple hours? and hope nobody comes to the door.

Hey AngieB,

I leave mine on overnight (8+ hours) - do this for two days and see what happens to your blemishes:yep:

I am going to do that tonight cuz its that time of the month and my skin is acting up...
I put some on a pimple last night...vanished....
I put some on a cut...its magically healing
This crap is amazing lol

I am not at 9 grams with no problem. I have been on it since March 31, but Ill just say beginning of April.

I can't wait for my one month anniversary. lol

Can you guys tell me your benefits again so I can daydream about them? lol

I want to remember all that I can expect......

Also if you dont mind, can you around what time it happened (1 month, 2 monthes, 6 weeks) and how much you were on at that time?

Love you all and thanks for this amazing idea luckiestdestiny!

I purchased Whole Foods 500 mg Broken Cell Cell Chlorella pills for $10.99 on Monday. On Tuesday, I started out taking 1000mg (1 gram) to ease into it. I also drank a Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness (the small bottle). I had diaherra that night. I also did not have much of an appetite and did not eat dinner. But that morning, my energy was noticable better. Wednesday I took 1000 mg in the morning without drinking Bolthouse and had no diaherra. Today, I upped my dosage to 2000 mg. I want to see how I can handle the increase in the dosage before I up it again. I take supplements as well but I had not had the energy boost from them that I am experiencing. I am definitely going to keep upping my dosage to see the results. Hopefully, I will be able to drink some Bolthouse Green Goodness with it. I really like that stuff.

Hey Y'all... Belle's in the house today...

So I haven't posted in over a week. Been on the job hunt, suriously!

So the last time I wrote, I spoke about my issue with gaining weight, and then I had some things happening at the time.... I had lowered my dosage back to 3 grams for like 2 weeks and now I've taken it back up to 6-9.

At 3 grams, my body was using all the CHL because my BMs were no longer green. I just upped it back up to 6 this week, and my BMS are green again. I noticed at 3 grams my hair and nails weren't growing as fast as they were when I was taking a whole scoop of it.

About my periods... Shortly after I requested prayer about the situation for me coming off birth control and hoping that chl would help, well, that was a no-no... Apparently, it was too early for me to see.... I had the worse period I had in months.... Severe contractions, bleeding and uncontrollable vomitting.... It was unreal... So leave it be, I'm back on the birth control... I may take much longer before my hormones and periods become regulated, and I just cant go through that again....

Other than that, I'm still losing weight, slowly. The numbers on the scale move slow, but I've noticed my clothing is still getting better fitting, so that's good..

I need you all to help me decide something. See, I have all this MegaTek here that needs to be used up. I did notice when I was using it that my hair was definitely growing suriously... The thing is, I wanted to see what CHL would do, but I'm getting a little patient... I am finishing up month 3, I think, with CHL.... I tried to use the Mega Tek a few weeks ago and I noticed the next day that my hair was shedding a lot.... I know that when you use it, you have to be up on your garlic game, as I was before when I was using it and had no problems. Sadly enough, I had gotten great growth with MegaTek but got heat happy during the holidays and basically had to cut off my progress. I surely dont want that to happen again.. Right now, my hair is not shedding.. It's healthy but I can't tell how fast it is growing. I'm not sure that it is growing as fast as it was when I was using MT...

Right now, this is my regimen: I'm doing Ayurveda 2x a week (amla, Brahmi, Shikakai), DC 2x week with Pantene R&N DC Mask, Nettle daily after CO wash with Pantene R&N reg condish, including drinking the tea, and CHL daily... Every night I braid my nape across, and braid the rest of my hair into plaits (it's usually damp with leave in condish (HE LTR), and sealed with castor oil-organic from Whole Foods)... I wear braid outs or just curly in the day. I only shampoo once a week with a Shikaikai shampoo bar, and I do a protein treatment with the MegaTek every other week... No heat regimen, but maybe once a month, if that... That's it.

I just ordered some Maka (Mahkabhringraj) powder to add to my ayurveda teas, and some cassia obovata and indigo to dye my grays...

Do you think my regimen is pretty simple?

Are there any of you who are still using Mega-Tek in conjunction with CHL?

Do you think I should continue to use mine, or rather, begin again?

Any other thoughts? Let me know what you think

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey Y'all... Belle's in the house today...

So I haven't posted in over a week. Been on the job hunt, suriously!

So the last time I wrote, I spoke about my issue with gaining weight, and then I had some things happening at the time.... I had lowered my dosage back to 3 grams for like 2 weeks and now I've taken it back up to 6-9.

At 3 grams, my body was using all the CHL because my BMs were no longer green. I just upped it back up to 6 this week, and my BMS are green again. I noticed at 3 grams my hair and nails weren't growing as fast as they were when I was taking a whole scoop of it.

About my periods... Shortly after I requested prayer about the situation for me coming off birth control and hoping that chl would help, well, that was a no-no... Apparently, it was too early for me to see.... I had the worse period I had in months.... Severe contractions, bleeding and uncontrollable vomitting.... It was unreal... So leave it be, I'm back on the birth control... I may take much longer before my hormones and periods become regulated, and I just cant go through that again....

Other than that, I'm still losing weight, slowly. The numbers on the scale move slow, but I've noticed my clothing is still getting better fitting, so that's good..

I need you all to help me decide something. See, I have all this MegaTek here that needs to be used up. I did notice when I was using it that my hair was definitely growing suriously... The thing is, I wanted to see what CHL would do, but I'm getting a little patient... I am finishing up month 3, I think, with CHL.... I tried to use the Mega Tek a few weeks ago and I noticed the next day that my hair was shedding a lot.... I know that when you use it, you have to be up on your garlic game, as I was before when I was using it and had no problems. Sadly enough, I had gotten great growth with MegaTek but got heat happy during the holidays and basically had to cut off my progress. I surely dont want that to happen again.. Right now, my hair is not shedding.. It's healthy but I can't tell how fast it is growing. I'm not sure that it is growing as fast as it was when I was using MT...

Right now, this is my regimen: I'm doing Ayurveda 2x a week (amla, Brahmi, Shikakai), DC 2x week with Pantene R&N DC Mask, Nettle daily after CO wash with Pantene R&N reg condish, including drinking the tea, and CHL daily... Every night I braid my nape across, and braid the rest of my hair into plaits (it's usually damp with leave in condish (HE LTR), and sealed with castor oil-organic from Whole Foods)... I wear braid outs or just curly in the day. I only shampoo once a week with a Shikaikai shampoo bar, and I do a protein treatment with the MegaTek every other week... No heat regimen, but maybe once a month, if that... That's it.

I just ordered some Maka (Mahkabhringraj) powder to add to my ayurveda teas, and some cassia obovata and indigo to dye my grays...

Do you think my regimen is pretty simple?

Are there any of you who are still using Mega-Tek in conjunction with CHL?

Do you think I should continue to use mine, or rather, begin again?

Any other thoughts? Let me know what you think

Thanks!

Hi Belle - With regard to the MT - I am still using (along with CHL) it but I only use it as a DC and I have not experienced any shedding - I usually leave it in for 15-30 minutes (sometimes longer) rinse and follow up with a DC for about the same time if not overnight - if anything it has definitely made my hair stronger - I tried "putting it on the scalp" for a couple of days and decided that I don't have time for all of that....I just started using the CHL about 3 weeks ago at 3 grams and I have noticed that my hair has grown more than usual.....HTH

Hi Belle - With regard to the MT - I am still using (along with CHL) it but I only use it as a DC and I have not experienced any shedding - I usually leave it in for 15-30 minutes (sometimes longer) rinse and follow up with a DC for about the same time if not overnight - if anything it has definitely made my hair stronger - I tried "putting it on the scalp" for a couple of days and decided that I don't have time for all of that....I just started using the CHL about 3 weeks ago at 3 grams and I have noticed that my hair has grown more than usual.....HTH

Thanks Sqzbly, I think it's hard for me to tell how fast it's growing because I dont straighten often, but I thought my hair was soaring when I used MT.... Sometimes perspective isn't based on truth though.. lol... So maybe I'm not seeing things right...

I'm not in this challenge but if you ladies don't like the taste of the powder,but feel it's more cost effective you can just buy empty capsules and make your own.

Thanks Sqzbly, I think it's hard for me to tell how fast it's growing because I dont straighten often, but I thought my hair was soaring when I used MT.... Sometimes perspective isn't based on truth though.. lol... So maybe I'm not seeing things right...

Yeah it would be hard to gauge if your hair is curly...just look at it like this - you already know that you hair is growing and if there hardly any breakage/shedding - then it is a safe bet that you are in good shape! The only reason I can tell that my hair is growing is I relaxed my hair at the end of March and I can actually see the new growth(not reversion) and I don't normally start seeing my new growth until between 4- 6 weeks - so something is happening...but I am also using Hair vitamins so the Chlorella may have spike my HVs - who knows - but I can see that my skin is smoother - gotta get around taking 6 pills - ugh!!!

So Im about to jump on the bandwagon....but Im not sure which one to purchase...I think I remember one of you mentioning that the one with the most Chlorella Growth Factor should be the most effective? Or does it really not matter much?:-)

Ok ladies,

If you want to see a true testimony before your eyes, go to my profile and look at my picture album of my daughters hair. Her hair was so damaged in February of this year I almost scalped her and was going to start all over but then I found this thread and the waistlength hair shake thread and began both in March. Here it is April and my daughter's hair is shoulder length AFTER a major trim and her sides and temple have completely grown in and you will just have to see for yourself. Click on the pictures and I have explained in detail what occured. Give me some feedback too...it is unbelievable!

HH

Ok ladies,

If you want to see a true testimony before your eyes, go to my profile and look at my picture album of my daughters hair. Her hair was so damaged in February of this year I almost scalped her and was going to start all over but then I found this thread and the waistlength hair shake thread and began both in March. Here it is April and my daughter's hair is shoulder length AFTER a major trim and her sides and temple have completely grown in and you will just have to see for yourself. Click on the pictures and I have explained in detail what occured. Give me some feedback too...it is unbelievable!

HH

Wow HairHustla that is great progress. Your daughter's hair did a 180.

Wow HairHustla that is great progress. Your daughter's hair did a 180.

Thank you, I can hardly believe it myself but that is why that green stuff is called "mighty chlorella". On top of everything else, the pictures really tell the story! I hope they can encourage someone! :yep:

I really like the Chlorella mask. My skin is really really soft. My only issue was that it got hard and started to flake. I mixed up too much, so I added some of my proactiv moisturizer to it and put a little just on the blemishes. I will use the rest in the morning.

Hey Ladies!

I realized I haven't updated in over a month! :look:

Last month I bought ChlorEssence, (I used the Now brand before, but wanted to try a different brand) and I didn't like it all. The taste wasn't pleasant. Also, when I had a bm, I was taking longer than I did when I was using the now brand. I noticed too that my nails were not as strong, and they were ripped.

Anyhow, since I'm in the states for vacay, I ordered source natural powder (16oz) through vitacost and had it shipped through ups. I got this in 2 days :grin: I took it already, and it's not bad at all. In about a week, It would mark my 3 month usage of chlorella.

I can honestly say that my skin is better than before, and I have increased my energy. My hair has grown a little faster than before. I'm going to try the mask soon for my skin. Yay chlorella.:woot:

Thank you, I can hardly believe it myself but that is why that green stuff is called "mighty chlorella". On top of everything else, the pictures really tell the story! I hope they can encourage someone! :yep:

Your daughter's hair looks soooo much better in a short amount of time w/ chlorella and spirulina. That's just amazing. I wish I could see her edges up close from before to now, but at least I could see the full length and how the breakage has recovered.

GO GREEN!

Thank you. I'm not knocking the ladies who take the time to apply the MT or Ovation Cell Therapy to their scalps and if it works for them, great! For me, I use my Ovation system as a weekly or twice-weekly treatment and my hair is doing just fine. No shedding, no overload of protein, nothing but improved, strong and healthy hair.

Applying it nightly and all that activity that comes with it makes people less eager to continue MT or Ovation Cell Therapy over the long-haul.

So Im about to jump on the bandwagon....but Im not sure which one to purchase...I think I remember one of you mentioning that the one with the most Chlorella Growth Factor should be the most effective? Or does it really not matter much?:-)

Hey Helpmeblongagain,

You're correct that cgf is really important in increasing the turnover of cells, thus growing hair and regenerating the bodie's tissues (that's why the fast nail growth too). Source naturals I believe was determined to have the most but earthrise and Jarrow is also high on the list. That's off the top of my head.

Your daughter's hair looks soooo much better in a short amount of time w/ chlorella and spirulina. That's just amazing. I wish I could see her edges up close from before to now, but at least I could see the full length and how the breakage has recovered.

GO GREEN!

Your wish is granted, I will get a close up of her edges this weekend and post it in the album. I am so confident of it, I have no problem showing it all..the good the bad and the ugly! You are right about the short amount of time, that is another thing that is so amazing!

Your wish is granted, I will get a close up of her edges this weekend and post it in the album. I am so confident of it, I have no problem showing it all..the good the bad and the ugly! You are right about the short amount of time, that is another thing that is so amazing!

Yay! I believe you. I just wished to see the edges because the other pic really shows the damage and I wanted to have a full comparison. I am so happy for you and your daughter. Might I add your hair is looking mighty thick. I don't know if you mentioned here or elsewhere that you have alopecia, but I don't see any thinning. Is chlorella and your shake thickening it up?:grin:

Yay! I believe you. I just wished to see the edges because the other pic really shows the damage and I wanted to have a full comparison. I am so happy for you and your daughter. Might I add your hair is looking mighty thick. I don't know if you mentioned here or elsewhere that you have alopecia, but I don't see any thinning. Is chlorella and your shake thickening it up?:grin:

Absolutely, I don't think my hair has been this thick (or healthy) since I was a little girl. I remember those days hollering and crying when my mom would comb out my hair and wash it, it was a thick mess back then. It was so bad my dad would almost jump on my momma for "hurting" my hair! So yes, the shake and chlorella is a winner! I am just striving to get some more length along with the health but it is coming along just fine thanks to you ladies! :yep:

Does chlorella still tast bad to anyone that's been takin? I'm finally trying to get consistent but it just tastes so weird/bad. I have to hold my nose while I take it. Also how is everyone taking it? I've bee using apple sauce...maybe I should try it in juice?

Ok ladies,

HH

amazing progress!

Back