Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Hey yodie,

Just a thought:
maybe you could tell her to cut back for a while...small dose it. I know I've posted a lot of stuff but a reminder from waaaay earlier in the posts. If there is weight gain you could be detoxing too fast and taking too much. even if she's at a small amount tell her to cut back for a few weeks and then increase slowly. There was a guy on a website who had that problem and when he did this, his weight stabilized, and then he actually started to lose. He then increased slowly and continued to lose weight. If you detox to fast you knock your system out of balance and that includes metabolism. HTH

Another issue, is if shes taking in too much juice, so just make sure she waters it down if she's doing that and that should help!

I'll remind her. She takes pills with water. Thanks LD.

Although I bought some chlorella last Friday and took it that day, I had to stop as I fell I'll at the wknd and I'm only just feelin better. I took only one tablet today but tommorrow il pick it up again with 2 tablets per day. So I've had a lil set back bt I will get back on track tommorrow

Hey Girls,
I know this is way too much info but, Chlorella has allowed me to have between 2-3 bowel movements each day! My waist line is shrinking before my eyes. I have been wanted to get my stomach flat again for like 4 years & now it is happening. I started going back in the gym last week too, either way I hope the rest of you start seeing results quickly too!

Hey Girls,
I know this is way too much info but, Chlorella has allowed me to have between 2-3 bowel movements each day! My waist line is shrinking before my eyes. I have been wanted to get my stomach flat again for like 4 years & now it is happening. I started going back in the gym last week too, either way I hope the rest of you start seeing results quickly too!
How much are you taking?

I went the weekend without chlorella. I was really moody. Now I am back and I feel great. I was aslo out of breath from being severly anemic. But I feel like I am getting better with the chlorella. I aslo saw the info on fibroids.. thanks to whoever posted that.

Last edited:
If you're having fever and/or night sweats it's in one of the symptoms posted about detoxing earlier in the thread...not sure who posted it, but it was for detoxing symptoms in general (not just for chlorella) so that may be a possibility besides the other menopause issues.

I have episodes of night sweats 'cause I'm in Peri-menopause.

Are you in the age group that "peri" begins? (can start in your mid-30s).
I read that Chlorella affects hormone levels. This could be the case.

What kind of hormonal changes, if you don't mind sharing??

What kind of hormonal changes, if you don't mind sharing??

I forget where I read it (might have been in this thread) or another site.
Anyhoo, I remember something detoxing and how it can regulate or affect one's cycle or help reduce symptoms in menopausal women.

Okay so my cold is almost completely gone.:drunk: Remember when I was saying I was feeling ill a few days ago? Gone. Which is highly unusual because when I get sick I usually get really sick once a year for a couple weeks. This was a three day cold. First day really sore throat and fever, and phlegm and cough, second day phlegm. Today I barely have a sniffle and my throat doesn't hurt anymore. It was the quickest cold in the history of colds and I attribute this to chlorella because I'm not doing anything different. I didn't even take airborne and other cold aids this time around! I knew I was going to get one because it was hot one day in NY and the next day cold, and the next a mix and I wasn't dressed appropriately because I couldn't predict it. I was caught outside without a scarf and gloves and it was hot, then later after I left class it was cold and mushy rain/slash snow mush thing was happening and I was FREEZING. Later that night I was like oh boy hear we go, because my throat was already sore.

I think it's because chlorella alkanizes the body and colds and illness cannot stay in that environment. Hey, hopefully it's helping my other health issues. I hope so!

Either way I am on chlorella for life. Green for life! Go Chlorella!:yep:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,
I want to my local hfs to purchase my chrollea and spirulina and the guy there told me to get Barlean's green nature's perfect superfid, it's a 15 day supply which contains both
chrollea and spirulina .
Has anyone heard of this and what are your thoughts. I am so constipated and in desperate need of something.

Barleans taste the best of the Greens but does not have as much Spirulian/Chrollea as most are getting

LD can you put something in the third post (on the 1st page) about alternate uses of chlorella? I know I saw something about using it as a face mask. And then I think you posted something about it fading your scar. I just figured it might be helpful to consolidate that type of info. The thought of sifting through 88 pages to find that stuff makes my head hurt.

So maybe my missing cycle is a result of accelerated detox symptoms? Could my dosage be too high, causing an accelerated detox and a missing menstrual cycle?? I'm at 12g per day.
I forget where I read it (might have been in this thread) or another site.
Anyhoo, I remember something detoxing and how it can regulate or affect one's cycle or help reduce symptoms in menopausal women.

Just checking in...

So I'm only up to 2g of chlorella now... I'm pretty sure it's been over a month since I first started(at 600mg), but I found that it works much better for me if i gradually increase my dose weekly. I'm also up to 1.5g of spirulina now...I don't know if it's really making a difference at all, but I'll at least continue to take it until I finish all the pills.

I'm still having problems with cravings and gaining a little weight since I've been on chlorella... I don't exercise nearly enough so hopefully once I start that'll help with the gain(I've gained about 3 or 4 pnds).

On a brighter note..my hair is still growing nicely:grin: and my ng is still soft... I've noticed some improvement in my face, it's appearing a little brighter and clearer. I know it's somewhere in the thread, but I'd really like to know how to make the chlorella mask for your face!!

I went green at one point..but now I'm not as green as before...though my bm's are pretty regular now. Sometimes I have detox symptoms(mainly fatigue & headaches) and other times I don't...one day last week I felt horrible and I'm pretty sure it was from the Chlorella..I remember thinking if this continues, taking chlorella is not worth it!! But I quickly got over it once the feeling passed... :grin:

Anyway, I'm going to continue to take chlorella..I'm thinking about trying to powder once I get to 4g, but we'll see :)

I mix powder with either lotion or moisturizer in order to make my mask.

I might throw in a little ground oatmeal, add a little water and mix it all up.

LD can you put something in the third post (on the 1st page) about alternate uses of chlorella? I know I saw something about using it as a face mask. And then I think you posted something about it fading your scar. I just figured it might be helpful to consolidate that type of info. The thought of sifting through 88 pages to find that stuff makes my head hurt.

Hey Everyone. So I don't have to resift through the thread as well...please repost your "mask" recipes and hair recipes essentual your nettle cream and stuff, or any chlorella hair cream or conditioner, etc and I'll just put it in the second post as other uses for chlorella and stuff in the quick start section. OOOH and I know someone posted as an aesthetician recipe to keep skin blemish free to help with breakouts while detoxing...if you can repost many thanks. I'll be on the look out for that i the next week and post what you give me in the quick start section. Thanks!

Don't be afraid to share your recipes ladies. It could really help someone else. I realize you have to repost but keep in mind just as you don't want to sift through 1000's of posts to find stuff, It is also hard for me as well. I will take any of the recipes and put them in the quick start guide so no one else has a problem. You can also pm them to me. I am a fulltime student and also work fulltime, so I would like to help out the newbies, but I definitely need help too time wise so I'd appreciate any participation you can give with this. Please share!

I have a question. Do any of you ladies using chlorella have pcos? And if so, is it helping out with you acne flare ups? TIA

Hello all after joining this forum I decided to take Chlorella. I can say it has been about 10 days and my eyelashes are noticably longer:grin: which is great because I have always had very thin eyelashes. Also I think my skin is glowing more a bit. I am definately feeling the detox tiredness but it has been bearable. I have found that I have an increase in appetite since taking it....dunno if that is a side effect. I feel great taking it though and will have to wait a bit longer to see what effects it has on my hair. My sister who has lupus is taking it and said that since taking it she has not been having numbness in her feet that she used to have. My youngest sister is taking it but cut back on how much she was taking because the effects of the detoxing was too much for her. Hoping this will help my hair to grow out faster as I transition.

The three abide faith, hope and love

Hello all after joining this forum I decided to take Chlorella. I can say it has been about 10 days and my eyelashes are noticably longer:grin: which is great because I have always had very thin eyelashes. Also I think my skin is glowing more a bit. I am definately feeling the detox tiredness but it has been bearable. I have found that I have an increase in appetite since taking it....dunno if that is a side effect. I feel great taking it though and will have to wait a bit longer to see what effects it has on my hair. My sister who has lupus is taking it and said that since taking it she has not been having numbness in her feet that she used to have. My youngest sister is taking it but cut back on how much she was taking because the effects of the detoxing was too much for her. Hoping this will help my hair to grow out faster as I transition.

The three abide faith, hope and love

Congrats on your family going green! Please keep us posted.:yep:

Back