Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Where are you guys getting the BKT from? I plan to buy my own truck this year so I can't afford to spend $300 to have a stylist do this.

I haven't purchased it yet, but some are buying from ebay or from the company directly. Check out the threads. Brittany does her own. Depending on which product you use, she may be able to tell you where she buys hers.

I haven't purchased it yet, but some are buying from ebay or from the company directly. Check out the threads. Brittany does her own. Depending on which product you use, she may be able to tell you where she buys hers.

Thanks. I googled it earlier and only came up with vendors that only sold it to licensed professionals. I'll check out Ebay.

ETA: I checked out Ebay and I'll probably order it soon. If it worls well enough for me, I may transition to natural or just do a year-long relaxer stretch (I'm 17 weeks post now)

Last edited:
After only 4 days of drinking 1 tblspn of Chlorella in 8oz of H2O per day I have:
-More energy
-Sleeping soundly
-Better overall mood
I can't wait to see how Chlorella will improve the rest of my health

After only 4 days of drinking 1 tblspn of Chlorella in 8oz of H2O per day I have:
-More energy
-Sleeping soundly
-Better overall mood

Welcome to the chlorella party GirlTalk!:yay:

I wish it would regulate my sleep, but I guess it works on everyone individually and I've been an insomniac since getting Graves...who knows if it's because of that or what, but I'm up at all hours, and get little sleep. Come on Chlorella!

It's great that you're receiving such wonderful symptoms so quickly.:yep:

Welcome to the chlorella party GirlTalk!:yay:

I wish it would regulate my sleep, but I guess it works on everyone individually and I've been an insomniac since getting Graves...who knows if it's because of that or what, but I'm up at all hours, and get little sleep. Come on Chlorella!

It's great that you're receiving such wonderful symptoms so quickly.:yep:

Hey luckiestdestiny, on MotherNature.com it says drinking mint tea such as bugleweed helps combat Grave's Disease! I am not sure if you already know about this remedy, just thought i'd share! Good Luck!

It's official I'm a member of the Chlorella family, I bought a pound today at the natural food store (pricy but I will order online going foward), I added it to the fruit juice I made in my juicer. I'm also taking 1 tsp of Spiralina a day, plus my regular multi vitamins, bioten 2000mg/day and prenatal (because it's here). I'm excited, not necessarly about the hair growth benefits but if Chlorella can modify in a minor way my VICIOUS, VICIOUS cramps and cycle, (did I say VICIOUS already?) I will be more than happy with those results. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the wealth of information, God Bless you!

Hey luckiestdestiny, on MotherNature.com it says drinking mint tea such as bugleweed helps combat Grave's Disease! I am not sure if you already know about this remedy, just thought i'd share! Good Luck!

Woah GirlTalk! In all my research I've never found that! Thank you soooo much! :reddancer:Off to research...

It's official I'm a member of the Chlorella family, I bought a pound today at the natural food store (pricy but I will order online going foward), I added it to the fruit juice I made in my juicer. I'm also taking 1 tsp of Spiralina a day, plus my regular multi vitamins, bioten 2000mg/day and prenatal (because it's here). I'm excited, not necessarly about the hair growth benefits but if Chlorella can modify in a minor way my VICIOUS, VICIOUS cramps and cycle, (did I say VICIOUS already?) I will be more than happy with those results. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the wealth of information, God Bless you!

Welcome Quita!:dance7:

-More energy
-Sleeping soundly
-Better overall mood

I am thinking about taking this for hair growth but i also have terribly low energy and a bad mood. maybe this could help me in those areas too.:yep:

I am thinking about taking this for hair growth but i also have terribly low energy and a bad mood. maybe this could help me in those areas too.:yep:

It seems that Chlorella has a way of helping in those areas in which help is needed. I too bought this product to assist with hair growth, but I am equally excited about its other benefits. I wish you well with your energy level and your mood!

Okay, I'm still green but bunged up too (little BM and I feel desperate for more but no joy!). I feel ill as a result - stomach all growly and wanting to fart but nothing - sorry, TMI...

I blame work. I worked over the weekend and as it was so busy, I didn't get to drink as much as I usually do. We get so busy sometimes and realise after 8 hours of work sometimes no pee. Of course no pee=no drinking. I only drank like 2L yesterday, sigh. Ah well, catching up today. And I've no appetite too. I'll just take my chlor, spir and MSM and drink loads of water and some celery and cucumber juice today, see how I feel. Maybe a smoothie for dinner and that's it. I feel so unwell today, can't be bothered going out and it's beautiful outside, sigh :-( .

I'll check back tomorrow. Stay green and healthy ladies! Do not forget to drink, or you'll be like me :-((.

Okay, I'm still green but bunged up too (little BM and I feel desperate for more but no joy!). I feel ill as a result - stomach all growly and wanting to fart but nothing - sorry, TMI...

I blame work. I worked over the weekend and as it was so busy, I didn't get to drink as much as I usually do. We get so busy sometimes and realise after 8 hours of work sometimes no pee. Of course no pee=no drinking. I only drank like 2L yesterday, sigh. Ah well, catching up today. And I've no appetite too. I'll just take my chlor, spir and MSM and drink loads of water and some celery and cucumber juice today, see how I feel. Maybe a smoothie for dinner and that's it. I feel so unwell today, can't be bothered going out and it's beautiful outside, sigh :-( .

I'll check back tomorrow. Stay green and healthy ladies! Do not forget to drink, or you'll be like me :-((.
Magnesium citrate or Aloe Juice will get you moving right a long. I also take slightly milled flax seeds daily which keeps thing moving if you know what I mean :giggle: Magnesium citrate is a very inexpensive supplement which happens to be the perfect complement to calcium, the two should be taken in equal amounts to make your calcium up take effective.

I keep a product called Peter Gillhanm Natural Calm on hand http://www.petergillham.com/ But I find the capsules to be just as effective but less expensive. This is also good for helping you relax at night. I take a dose at night before bed with a big glass of water on an and the next morning....well you know...

DRINK YOUR WATER (I'm yelling at myself too!) :naughty:

My 11 year old son is GREEN! My 74 YO dad is so happy, talking about how he doesn't need his naps any more (that used to be a big deal and a planned event) His energy level is through the roof now, the thought of a nap does not eve cross his mind these days!! I am so grateful :cry: I am so happy to give something back to him that is of great value because he has done so much for me in my life. I think I'll send him the Earthrise brand so he can take less tabs and get more CHL in his system. He was happy when I told him the green in his BM is chlorophyll, he knows how important that is for good health.

He's renovating one of his rental properties and he is just the energizer bunny. My grandfather (his dad) died of Alzheimer's, which is believe to be caused by a build up of aluminum in the brain. Well it seems the CHL takes care of that issue by removing heavy metals from the body.

My son is more focused in class and more motivated!! So am I :giggle:

Bless you LuckyD you are going to be a blessed woman for helping so many people.

That's a great motivating post right there, I think I'm goin there ladies...

:drunk: GREEN FOR THE REST OF MY DAYS!!! :drunk:

I'm recruiting my Mommy too, I'm determined she's gonna live beyond 100 (a good 30 years more at least)

I've had my own cornrowed for the last three week, i have just took them down :eek: i'm impressed. the new growth is thick but soft, bouncy and shiny :yep: i'm natural, (shrinkage)
so its hard to say how many inches have grown but it surely has grown A LOT in three weeks :yay:

Has anyone noticed weight gain? My mom said she thinks she's filling out more.

Jaxhair, get some rest. Keep us posted.

Hi Ladies,
I want to my local hfs to purchase my chrollea and spirulina and the guy there told me to get Barlean's green nature's perfect superfid, it's a 15 day supply which contains both
chrollea and spirulina .
Has anyone heard of this and what are your thoughts. I am so constipated and in desperate need of something.

Hi Ladies,
I want to my local hfs to purchase my chrollea and spirulina and the guy there told me to get Barlean's green nature's perfect superfid, it's a 15 day supply which contains both
chrollea and spirulina .
Has anyone heard of this and what are your thoughts. I am so constipated and in desperate need of something.

How much Chlorella does it contain? I would advice you to buy straight chlorella because it does not contain any additives and you want to get the benefits.

The health food store people like to push products to people. Stick with what you know and then branch out if you want.

Ladies still green and consistent on my dosage. My mom actually fixed her own "green thing" :grin: today.

I gave my husband a chl mask this weekend. He called me from work today telling me how much he liked it. He said he can really see an improvement in his skin. He didn't get into any details, other men came around I'm guessing, lol

He still looks at me funny when trying to get him to take it internally though. I'll keep trying to get everybody green, inside and out.

Everyone is different but some are averaging 1.5 inches of hair growth (babydollhair) she's only at 3 grams of chlorella to even 2 inches: kimbosheart just said that happened to her and she's taking more than 3 grams from what I remember. I think I'm on the higher end too (I'm waaay higher than 3 grams of chlorella but for health reasons) but I also use nettle tea. I also know that may others are having wonderful benefits:thicker hair, softer hair, silkier hair. So there really isn't a magic number to take. You need to start low and go up from there following the quick start guide until you get where you need to go. The quick start guide is in the first two posts. It should tell you everything to get your chlorella started and go green!

Chlorella works on everyone in different ways so you need patience. If you're expecting to have floor length hair in a day it won't be for you! You could be one to have surprisingly quick effects, or you may notice other benefits first such as younger looking glowing clear skin that doesn't need makeup (me!), or your blood work numbers are going up to normal as you work on your internal problems (muse!), or a host of other benefits before it starts to work on your hair. The magic number again is 4. Most people see tons of results within those months according to studies. Hang in for four months to see the ultimate results of chlorella in your life.

Thank you :) I've bought some Chlorella from iherbs. Biotin was the reason I developed severe acne so this sounds Godly to me!

The Chlorella was suggested to me and after reading several pages of encouraging posts, I decided to order it. It just came today and I put in 3 teaspoons in a big bottle of Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness. I was surprised the Green Goodness was actually good before I put the Chlorella in. I read where some were complaining about the taste, so I thought it would make the Green Goodness nasty. To me it was still good, just definitely thick because I didn't water it down. It's not something to guzzle down when you are thirsty. I'm just going to sip this throughout today and tomorrow. I'll continue for the rest of the week this way with a bottle every couple of days and see how my body handles it.

Hello ladies,

I'm very new to the boards but felt the need to chime in and introduce myself. I started taking Chlorella last Thursday and can't say that I've seen any benefits yet. I bought the tablets from Whole Foods (not on sale). I have noticed that instead of decreased cravings my cravings have increased. I started taking 20 pills yesterday, which I think yeilds 4 g. Today I noticed the "green"...so I know it's in my system. Just a little bummed that I haven't seen the results that many of you are experiencing.

I noticed that my cravings increased too? I thought I was the only one.:wallbash::wallbash:

Awww, hang in there, you two. I remember a couple members had increased appetite, including myself for a couple of days. Just follow your body's signal and it will balance out.

Sometimes, you'll get more cravings when detoxing or removing yeast from the body. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water. As the detoxing passes, the cravings should subside, as well.

As for other benefits, I think the benefits come over time. I didn't notice longer lashes or decreased appetite until the end of week two. Shortly after that I had "new growth" and I'm natural! lol There was a marked difference between the hair growing out of my scalp and the hair towards the ends. Overall, I think you'll be very impressed if you take it for a month.

I'm planning a progress pic reveal in 3 months. Hope to see some serious growth.

Awww, hang in there, you two. I remember a couple members had increased appetite, including myself for a couple of days. Just follow your body's signal and it will balance out.

Sometimes, you'll get more cravings when detoxing or removing yeast from the body. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water. As the detoxing passes, the cravings should subside, as well.

As for other benefits, I think the benefits come over time. I didn't notice longer lashes or decreased appetite until the end of week two. Shortly after that I had "new growth" and I'm natural! lol There was a marked difference between the hair growing out of my scalp and the hair towards the ends. Overall, I think you'll be very impressed if you take it for a month.

I'm planning a progress pic reveal in 3 months. Hope to see some serious growth.

Thanks- I will definitely hang in there. I wonder though if maybe it's the water that's causing the decreased appetite...since water is a natural appetite suppressant.

I spoke with a colleague, who is a pharmacist, and he said that it may be my digestion speeding up. That usually causes cravings as well. I will continue to read the experiences from the ladies on the board and post any new experiences of my own. Thanks

I need my craving to increase. Maybe it has and I'm just not paying attention. I am petite and woldnt mind a few extra pounds but because of recent events I am really learning, loving, and embracing my body. Anyway, mini rant...

I noticed that my cravings increased too? I thought I was the only one.:wallbash::wallbash:

Hello ladies,

I'm very new to the boards but felt the need to chime in and introduce myself. I started taking Chlorella last Thursday and can't say that I've seen any benefits yet. I bought the tablets from Whole Foods (not on sale). I have noticed that instead of decreased cravings my cravings have increased. I started taking 20 pills yesterday, which I think yeilds 4 g. Today I noticed the "green"...so I know it's in my system. Just a little bummed that I haven't seen the results that many of you are experiencing.

Back