• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
HERB SUPERFOODS
Herbs as nourishment offer the body a whole host of nutrients it may not have received either because of poor diet or environmental deficiencies in the soil or air. Herbs as medicine are essentially body balancers that work with the body functions so that it can heal and regulate itself. Herbs have been used for centuries as part of the wisdoms of natural healing methods. Herbs are best used in their whole form rather than isolating effective plant constituents so-called "active ingredients". Since all body parts and most disease symptoms are interrelated, it is wise to use herbs which can affect each part of the problem.

Nettle - the bowel mover. These plants are best known as stinging nettle plants. However when the nettle leaves are dried and eaten the saliva neutralizes the sting. Nettles are incredibly effective in removing unwanted pounds. A cup of nettle tea in the morning is ideal to get things going in the bowel department. The nettle leaves increase the thyroid function, increase metabolism and releases mucus in the colon allowing for the flushing of excess wastes.

Aloe vera - Aloe vera is a perennial succulent that grows in a wild and seems to do best in tropical and sub-tropical areas. It has been deemed a superfood after research studies identifying its seventy-five healing compounds including natural steroids, antibiotic agents, amino acids, minerals and enzymes. Aloe vera has been used since Egyptian times as a skin moisturizer, and healer for burns, cuts, bruises, acne and eczema. This is mostly due to the high concentration of natural sulphur (MSM) that it contains. Aloe juices alkalizes the digestive tract preventing over-acidity, a common cause of indigestion, acid reflux, heartburn and ulcers.

Echinacea - Echinacea is a household name when it comes to warding off colds and flu. This herb is used as a natural antibiotic and immune system stimulator, helping to build up resistance. The reason for its effectiveness is because of its ability to stimulate the lymph flow in the body. Lymph runs parallel with our bloodstream and carries toxins out of the body. The herb can be taken in liquid or capsule form for 2-3 week periods during "high risk" flu seasons. The tea from this herb has also grown in popularity for treating infections and cancers including skin cancer.

Ginseng - Ginseng is the quintessential herb for handling stress. This ancient healing herb has been used widely throughout Asia as an energizer tonic. This special herb is particularly beneficial when recovering from illness or surgery for its restorative and anti-infection properties. It promotes regeneration from stress and fatigue.

FRUIT and NUT SUPERFOODS
Free radicals may sound a little like an extremist terrorist sect evading capture and wreaking havoc across the globe and in fact within the context of your body this would be right. They are, in part, a natural occurrence through metabolism however extra and unnecessary free radical load can be put on our bodies by external factors including pollution, cigarette smoke, radiation, burnt foods, deep fried fats and cooked foods. When enough of these free radicals invade our immune system problems occurs. This is when you need antioxidants to build up the immune system and fight off the free radicals in the form of superfoods or supplements.

Goji Berries - Goji berries are grown on vines in the protected valleys of inner Mongolia and Tibet. These distinctively flavoured red berries are a very rich source of vitamin C, having 500 times more vitamin C per ounce than oranges and actually more than any other fruit. They are a superb source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E and contain a full complement of protein with 18 amino acids and 21 trace minerals. Most of all they are an excellent antioxidant making it an ideal natural whole food for reversing aging and protecting against disease.

Raw Cacao - For this nut we could easily dedicate a whole page, if not a book. A word of warning before we start however, most cocoa powder and commercial chocolate is processed via the "Dutch method" meaning it is subjected to scorching temperatures of up to 150°C with the additional aid of solvents, thus destroying most of the nutrients and antioxidants. Be sure to attain certified organic raw cacao in a powder, nib or whole bean form as the temperature will have never been allowed to exceed 40°C thus allowing all the heat-sensitive vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to remain intact. Raw cacao beans contain possibly the world's most concentrated source of antioxidants found in any food. They also extremely high in magnesium which has been found to be the most common deficient major mineral even following a balanced diet. For those concerned with not getting enough iron it should be pleasing to know that one small 28 gram serving of raw cacao beans gives 314% of the recommended daily allowance of iron. And if that is not enough raw cacao beans have an antioxidant (ORAC) score of 95,500. To put that into perspective, that is 14 times more flavonoids (antioxidants) than red wine and 21 times more than green tea.

Maca - Maca powder is from the Maca root, a flavorful ancient superfood from Peru. Maca has been cultivated for at least 2000 years and was consumed by Inca warriors to increase strength and endurance. It is a highly nutritious food that has been used traditionally to gain energy, promote sexual desire, support fertility and enhance immune system function. It continues today to be a significant staple food and medicinal plant for the Peruvian people and is now widely available around the world as a whole food supplement.

Acai - Acai berries have long been a part of the staple diet of the tribes in the Amazon. With the appearance of a purple grape and taste of a tropical berry it has been shown to have powerful antioxidant properties thanks to a high level of anthocyanins, pigments also found in red wine. The ORAC rating of acai is 1,027. Make sure to look for the freeze dried acai fruit in which the nutrients are kept intact or when buying the juice look for a brand that has not been pasteurized or heated in any way.

Coconuts - Young coconuts are one of the highest sources of electrolytes in nature. Electrolytes are ionized salts in our cells, that transport energy throughout the body. Coconut water is a much better alternative to commercial sports drinks laden with artificial sugars and colors. The molecular structure of coconut water is identical to human blood plasma, which means that it is immediately recognized by the body and put to good use. Drinking the juice from a young coconut is like giving your body an instant blood transfusion. In fact this was common practice during World War II in the Pacific, where both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut water, siphoned directly from the coconut, to give emergency transfusions to wounded soldiers.

Coconut oil- Coconut oil's saturated fat is of the medium-chain fatty acid variety, which are digested more easily and utilized differently by the body than other saturated fats (such as butter, meat and eggs). Whereas other saturated fats are stored in the body's cells, the medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil are sent directly to the liver where they are immediately converted into energy. Coconut oil will actually speed up metabolism so your body will burn more calories in a day which will contribute to weight loss. Coconut oil supports healthy metabolic function and is a revered anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal agent. Pacific islanders deem coconut oil to be the cure-all gift from nature for all illness.

Noni - This fruit has been used by Polynesian islanders as a regenerative medicine for more than 1500 years. Research documents that the noni fruit has astounding anti-bacterial properties, even against E-coli. It has anti-tumor activity, anti-inflammatory properties, is effective as a pain reliever, generates cell repair and strengthens the immune system. Noni contains a multitude of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients. Many believe that the synergistic effect of the multi-spectrum nutrients is what gives it its potency. It has been proven beneficial for colds and flu's, digestive disorders, skin disorders, pain relief, headaches, infections and more. For best results look for a freeze-dried product that uses only the whole fruit or when buying the juice look for a brand that does not use pasteurizing.
I'm currently in love with Maca....I'm in periomenopause with no symptoms....

I add freeze dried Acai to my shakes some mornings, it really gives me a kick!

I drink Goji juice on the days I think I am going to have a lot of stress or that I know I'm going to need extra stamina.

I just started Nettle, thanks to this thread...I keep finding more and more good things about it. I just drank a cup and poured a cup on my head. :giggle:

I'm on an off the Aloe juice, I need to stay ON!

I want coconut water now, where do I find that??

This was great OP :thankyou:

Just wanted to update; I'm back on Earthrise pills and up at 8 grams. Today I woke up and I'm feeling a little sick....my throat is a little sore and I don't feel very great. I'm still green, my skin is still bright, nails still long and strong, and my hair is def growing! I've been bunning my hair for the past two months now straight and taking chlorella so I think it's a combination of both. I am hoping to lose about 10-15 lbs and so far I don't think I have. I still have some cellulite in my thighs as well. :ohwell: Hopefully I will see the other changes like you all have.
I think we might have to add some exercise to get the thigh slimming effect, I just started back doing weights today. I feel like I will get good fast results now that I'm on the CHL, and the Spirullina!!

We can do this!

I received my powder yesterday. I am at 9gr now and no violent detox effects so I am good to go. I love the dark green color but hate the smell. A little Naked Juice, scoops tsp of Chlorella, and water. I dont have to do the SN Tabs and the Sun granules anymore thank you Jesus.

I'm currently in love with Maca....I'm in periomenopause with no symptoms....

I add freeze dried Acai to my shakes some mornings, it really gives me a kick!

I drink Goji juice on the days I think I am going to have a lot of stress or that I know I'm going to need extra stamina.

I just started Nettle, thanks to this thread...I keep finding more and more good things about it. I just drank a cup and poured a cup on my head. :giggle:

I'm on an off the Aloe juice, I need to stay ON!

I want coconut water now, where do I find that??

This was great OP :thankyou:

No problem!

Try the indian grocery stores or just the regular grocery store. They always have it.

I start Chlorella (3g) & Spirulina (3g) yesterday n i had a BM within 2 hours :up: :giggle:

How long should I stay at 3g of Chlorella before I start to increase?

Just wanted to update; I'm back on Earthrise pills and up at 8 grams. Today I woke up and I'm feeling a little sick....my throat is a little sore and I don't feel very great. I'm still green, my skin is still bright, nails still long and strong, and my hair is def growing! I've been bunning my hair for the past two months now straight and taking chlorella so I think it's a combination of both. I am hoping to lose about 10-15 lbs and so far I don't think I have. I still have some cellulite in my thighs as well. :ohwell: Hopefully I will see the other changes like you all have.

Hey ttlayi keep at it! It looks like you are having some definite good signs such as your nails and hair! The rest will come. You just have to give it time as chlorella works on everyone in its own time.

I start Chlorella (3g) & Spirulina (3g) yesterday n i had a BM within 2 hours :up: :giggle:

How long should I stay at 3g of Chlorella before I start to increase?
Hey MonaRae welcome!:grin:

Slow down! You just started. see how your body reacts before increasing. Welcome to the chlorella party!!!!

I've been talking about Chlorella to everyone! lol. My period came today without warning, I haven't had any cramps all day.

This happened to me two weeks ago...sitting in a restaurant after church...bam. Talk about off guard and unprepared. No cramps, no crankiness, no pain...I'll keep taking chlorella for that alone.

Ok, hi guys, i dont post much, but am following and a dedicated member, i assure u, am so shy to post pics of my hair becos i keep thinking its not as long as all the beautiful head of heads i see here. I finally finished by 8oz of source natural cholera powder, i take one fully heaped teaspoon everyday, that should be about 5gms, and i got the 16oz, however this taste funny, it has some kind of egg taste residue smell in it, its really weird. It almost makes me throw up, the 8oz was fine and tasted good, but i dont know how am gonna finish this 16oz as it taste funny, i dont know if i should call amazon to complain and see if they will send me another one u know. Kinda confused here, any suggestions will be appreciated, also if this is normal let me know?

P.S: I think my hair looks beautiful, i could not stop staring at the pics i took, i am a natural and have about 8-9 inches of natural hair, i think the cholera is sumthing else u know.

I find my time of the month is lighter. I think it is the chlorella. Anyone else notice this? Less cramping, lighter flow? I know I'm getting detailed but I think we're all family now w/ our bm talks and stuff!:grin:

Definetely lighter flow.:yep: I'm a truck driver and I'm paranoid about leaks so I double-up on protection in the first few days. This month, that wasn't even necessary. (Sorry, TMI)

I'm still amazed at the condition of my skin. It's smooth and clear. I've always had strong nails but they're even stronger now. I'm still not sure about my hair because I've been too lazy to take my braids out.

Ok, hi guys, i dont post much, but am following and a dedicated member, i assure u, am so shy to post pics of my hair becos i keep thinking its not as long as all the beautiful head of heads i see here. I finally finished by 8oz of source natural cholera powder, i take one fully heaped teaspoon everyday, that should be about 5gms, and i got the 16oz, however this taste funny, it has some kind of egg taste residue smell in it, its really weird. It almost makes me throw up, the 8oz was fine and tasted good, but i dont know how am gonna finish this 16oz as it taste funny, i dont know if i should call amazon to complain and see if they will send me another one u know. Kinda confused here, any suggestions will be appreciated, also if this is normal let me know?

P.S: I think my hair looks beautiful, i could not stop staring at the pics i took, i am a natural and have about 8-9 inches of natural hair, i think the cholera is sumthing else u know.
Thank you so much for posting!! I wonder if you got a bad batch with the 16 oz? I blend mine with frozen strawberries, blueberries, cherries...or a blackberry/raspberry blend. I use unsweetened soy milk as my liquid with a splash of some kind of sweet juice. I throw flax seeds and maca in there so by the time I get done with all that I can't taste it! LOL

But if that 16 oz makes your stomach turn, I would definitely return it.

I love looking at my hair now too. I have a lot of new pen spring ringlets all over my head about an inch to 1.5 inches long. I can see them on my edges and where ever I part my hair. My hair is definitely thickening up!

My cycle still hasn't come. Chlorella made it MIA. I don't think anything is wrong. I just think my body is still adjusting to this stuff. I'll have to go to the doc if it stays missing too long.

Oh, my hair, well, the roots are nice, shiny and healthy. Too bad CHL can't repair the ends, but maybe BKT will (wink...wink... to LD and Sheba1)

My cycle still hasn't come. Chlorella made it MIA. I don't think anything is wrong. I just think my body is still adjusting to this stuff. I'll have to go to the doc if it stays missing too long.

Oh, my hair, well, the roots are nice, shiny and healthy. Too bad CHL can't repair the ends, but maybe BKT will (wink...wink... to LD and Sheba1)

Sorry that Aunt Flo is still missing, I am starting to get a little concerned for you but I am sure that all is well! Also, what is BKT???

Hope the netle helps with that and that you get a bundle of joy just likeyou want!

As for chlorella I'm really happy that everyone has been so consistent.

A trend I've notice on lhcf is bandwagon jumping and that doesn't seem to be happening with chlorella. Everyone is pretty consistent and in it for the long run! I just love this stuff!

Green for life!

LuckiestDestiny, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU for beginning this thread!!!:grin::grin::grin: I've been visiting this thread quite often, but only getting through the first few pages when I visit. Today, I read the last page first and that's where I began reading info. on menstrual cycles. I read back 4-5 pages and saw where so many women have received such great benefits from the Chlorella and Spirulina and now Nettle Teas. I have absolutely horrible periods (i.e. laying in the floor with cramps, nausea, heavy, heavy flow, a long period, crazy PMS, etc.) and I have 8-10 acorn sized fibroids and a big old uterus as my former ob/gyn informed me...not enlarged just big.
On a whim after reading the first few pages, I'd started the chlorella-3g of pills 2x a day-Source Naturals looking fo rincreased hair growth. I noticed that my period last month was a few days shorter than normal (5 days instead of 8). Unfortunately, I didn't know about the positive effects of the Chlorella. I began to think that something was really wrong and I didn't know what it was so, like an idiot, I stopped taking the Chlorella and all of my other supplements.:wallbash: :wallbash: However, as soon as I'm finished with this epic (sorry it's so long) I'm running to my Chlorella and going right back to taking it like before. I haven't noticed any other side effects other than the shorter period (no increased hair growth, no longer nails, no smoother skin) but having a shorter period is more than enough reason to take the Chlorella. I will take the Spirulina powder today (another whim purchase after looking for a homemade guacamole recipe from Dr. Oz-it was dark, but tasty with the added spirulina), and add Nettle tea on tomorrow-my local health food store is closed on Sundays.
Again, thank you luckiestdestiny for your knowledge and all of the wonderful ladies for your vast amounts of helpful, useful information!
Praise God I'm Goin' Green...for LIFE!!!

I had the same happen to me when I first started taking MSM. It will show up, even if you miss a month.

GREEN is great!

Where are you guys getting the BKT from? I plan to buy my own truck this year so I can't afford to spend $300 to have a stylist do this.

Where are you guys getting the BKT from? I plan to buy my own truck this year so I can't afford to spend $300 to have a stylist do this.
The BKT sounds like all that and a bag of chips but I'll be doggone if I'm ready to pay the money they are asking for something that wears off over time...nope! Not yet anyway....:lol:

345 PAGES
Okay I read about 30 pages but I want to ask this (Sorry if this has already been asked a dozen times..) But how much growth are you getting with Chlorella a month? and at what dose?

1 Week Check-in (taking Earthwise Chlorella tablets)

• I started with 3g last Sunday and upped to 4g on Thursday. I also added Spirulina (Jarrow) tablets today. That dose starts at 2g and I will stick with that for now.

• I've always had regular bowel movement, so I don't see any change there. My stools are dark green. Should stools be bright green?

• My skin and whites of my eyes appears to be a little brighter - could be my imagination, but I think they are.

• My cycle came on after not having one since 9/08 and with light symptoms and extra light flow after the initial gush on the first day.

• I was very, very tired during the middle of the week, but today after getting some good sleep yesterday, I am very energetic and light. The fatigue could have been as a result of my cycle coming.

• I have been taking vitamin supplements for several years now (C, B-Complex, Biotin, Calcium, Omega-3 and a multivitamin w/minerals). I will continue to take them along with Chlorella & Spirulina unless I see a need to stop.
I forgot to add that I see a slight decrease in food cravings.

Last edited:

If it's the same brand you were using before and you know how it usually tastes I would contact them. I'm sure they'll be happy to send a replacement if you keep your cool and tell them that you love chlorella and plan on being a consistent customer, however something is wrong with your "batch" because you know what it's supposed to taste like. If they get snippy and it was on amazon just follow their rules for return, and last case scenario tell them you're going to contact your AND their merchant account if they don't make amends (this should send them running to your aid but it really isn't something to threaten w/ a company that's working with you). I used to work for a merchant company and businesses know with too many complaints a business's merchant account (visa/master card/etc) can be frozen until further research. Which means any money coming to them from customers can also be frozen as well.

LuckiestDestiny, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU for beginning this thread!!!:grin::grin::grin: I've been visiting this thread quite often, but only getting through the first few pages when I visit. Today, I read the last page first and that's where I began reading info. on menstrual cycles. I read back 4-5 pages and saw where so many women have received such great benefits from the Chlorella and Spirulina and now Nettle Teas. I have absolutely horrible periods (i.e. laying in the floor with cramps, nausea, heavy, heavy flow, a long period, crazy PMS, etc.) and I have 8-10 acorn sized fibroids and a big old uterus as my former ob/gyn informed me...not enlarged just big.
On a whim after reading the first few pages, I'd started the chlorella-3g of pills 2x a day-Source Naturals looking fo rincreased hair growth. I noticed that my period last month was a few days shorter than normal (5 days instead of 8). Unfortunately, I didn't know about the positive effects of the Chlorella. I began to think that something was really wrong and I didn't know what it was so, like an idiot, I stopped taking the Chlorella and all of my other supplements.:wallbash: :wallbash: However, as soon as I'm finished with this epic (sorry it's so long) I'm running to my Chlorella and going right back to taking it like before. I haven't noticed any other side effects other than the shorter period (no increased hair growth, no longer nails, no smoother skin) but having a shorter period is more than enough reason to take the Chlorella. I will take the Spirulina powder today (another whim purchase after looking for a homemade guacamole recipe from Dr. Oz-it was dark, but tasty with the added spirulina), and add Nettle tea on tomorrow-my local health food store is closed on Sundays.
Again, thank you luckiestdestiny for your knowledge and all of the wonderful ladies for your vast amounts of helpful, useful information!
Praise God I'm Goin' Green...for LIFE!!!

Your welcome what a wonderful post. I'm glad chlorella is helping in other ways. I must say though that chlorella works on the "issues" first, balancing the body. So in your case if you hang in a little longer you'll definitely see the effects on your hair and nails, but it could take longer as you have other things that need balancing first. I know you didn't care because it's helping in other ways, but I wanted to add that. 4 months is the magic number. It seems from all the studies I read, people's bodies significantly changed in that time period, so just keep at it. I just reached two months and I'm already noticing some wonderful significant changes. I am happy to keep going on my journey.
Welcome again Niesy942!:grin:

345 PAGES
Okay I read about 30 pages but I want to ask this (Sorry if this has already been asked a dozen times..) But how much growth are you getting with Chlorella a month? and at what dose?

Everyone is different but some are averaging 1.5 inches of hair growth (babydollhair) she's only at 3 grams of chlorella to even 2 inches: kimbosheart just said that happened to her and she's taking more than 3 grams from what I remember. I think I'm on the higher end too (I'm waaay higher than 3 grams of chlorella but for health reasons) but I also use nettle tea. I also know that may others are having wonderful benefits:thicker hair, softer hair, silkier hair. So there really isn't a magic number to take. You need to start low and go up from there following the quick start guide until you get where you need to go. The quick start guide is in the first two posts. It should tell you everything to get your chlorella started and go green!

Chlorella works on everyone in different ways so you need patience. If you're expecting to have floor length hair in a day it won't be for you! You could be one to have surprisingly quick effects, or you may notice other benefits first such as younger looking glowing clear skin that doesn't need makeup (me!), or your blood work numbers are going up to normal as you work on your internal problems (muse!), or a host of other benefits before it starts to work on your hair. The magic number again is 4. Most people see tons of results within those months according to studies. Hang in for four months to see the ultimate results of chlorella in your life.

Sorry that Aunt Flo is still missing, I am starting to get a little concerned for you but I am sure that all is well! Also, what is BKT???

BKT is Brazilian Keratin Treatment. There are a few threads going around about it.

Yep, can't imagine that I miss Aunt Flo, but she's seriously MIA.

Back