• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
HERB SUPERFOODS
Herbs as nourishment offer the body a whole host of nutrients it may not have received either because of poor diet or environmental deficiencies in the soil or air. Herbs as medicine are essentially body balancers that work with the body functions so that it can heal and regulate itself. Herbs have been used for centuries as part of the wisdoms of natural healing methods. Herbs are best used in their whole form rather than isolating effective plant constituents so-called "active ingredients". Since all body parts and most disease symptoms are interrelated, it is wise to use herbs which can affect each part of the problem.

Nettle - the bowel mover. These plants are best known as stinging nettle plants. However when the nettle leaves are dried and eaten the saliva neutralizes the sting. Nettles are incredibly effective in removing unwanted pounds. A cup of nettle tea in the morning is ideal to get things going in the bowel department. The nettle leaves increase the thyroid function, increase metabolism and releases mucus in the colon allowing for the flushing of excess wastes.

Aloe vera - Aloe vera is a perennial succulent that grows in a wild and seems to do best in tropical and sub-tropical areas. It has been deemed a superfood after research studies identifying its seventy-five healing compounds including natural steroids, antibiotic agents, amino acids, minerals and enzymes. Aloe vera has been used since Egyptian times as a skin moisturizer, and healer for burns, cuts, bruises, acne and eczema. This is mostly due to the high concentration of natural sulphur (MSM) that it contains. Aloe juices alkalizes the digestive tract preventing over-acidity, a common cause of indigestion, acid reflux, heartburn and ulcers.

Echinacea - Echinacea is a household name when it comes to warding off colds and flu. This herb is used as a natural antibiotic and immune system stimulator, helping to build up resistance. The reason for its effectiveness is because of its ability to stimulate the lymph flow in the body. Lymph runs parallel with our bloodstream and carries toxins out of the body. The herb can be taken in liquid or capsule form for 2-3 week periods during "high risk" flu seasons. The tea from this herb has also grown in popularity for treating infections and cancers including skin cancer.

Ginseng - Ginseng is the quintessential herb for handling stress. This ancient healing herb has been used widely throughout Asia as an energizer tonic. This special herb is particularly beneficial when recovering from illness or surgery for its restorative and anti-infection properties. It promotes regeneration from stress and fatigue.

FRUIT and NUT SUPERFOODS
Free radicals may sound a little like an extremist terrorist sect evading capture and wreaking havoc across the globe and in fact within the context of your body this would be right. They are, in part, a natural occurrence through metabolism however extra and unnecessary free radical load can be put on our bodies by external factors including pollution, cigarette smoke, radiation, burnt foods, deep fried fats and cooked foods. When enough of these free radicals invade our immune system problems occurs. This is when you need antioxidants to build up the immune system and fight off the free radicals in the form of superfoods or supplements.

Goji Berries - Goji berries are grown on vines in the protected valleys of inner Mongolia and Tibet. These distinctively flavoured red berries are a very rich source of vitamin C, having 500 times more vitamin C per ounce than oranges and actually more than any other fruit. They are a superb source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E and contain a full complement of protein with 18 amino acids and 21 trace minerals. Most of all they are an excellent antioxidant making it an ideal natural whole food for reversing aging and protecting against disease.

Raw Cacao - For this nut we could easily dedicate a whole page, if not a book. A word of warning before we start however, most cocoa powder and commercial chocolate is processed via the "Dutch method" meaning it is subjected to scorching temperatures of up to 150°C with the additional aid of solvents, thus destroying most of the nutrients and antioxidants. Be sure to attain certified organic raw cacao in a powder, nib or whole bean form as the temperature will have never been allowed to exceed 40°C thus allowing all the heat-sensitive vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to remain intact. Raw cacao beans contain possibly the world's most concentrated source of antioxidants found in any food. They also extremely high in magnesium which has been found to be the most common deficient major mineral even following a balanced diet. For those concerned with not getting enough iron it should be pleasing to know that one small 28 gram serving of raw cacao beans gives 314% of the recommended daily allowance of iron. And if that is not enough raw cacao beans have an antioxidant (ORAC) score of 95,500. To put that into perspective, that is 14 times more flavonoids (antioxidants) than red wine and 21 times more than green tea.

Maca - Maca powder is from the Maca root, a flavorful ancient superfood from Peru. Maca has been cultivated for at least 2000 years and was consumed by Inca warriors to increase strength and endurance. It is a highly nutritious food that has been used traditionally to gain energy, promote sexual desire, support fertility and enhance immune system function. It continues today to be a significant staple food and medicinal plant for the Peruvian people and is now widely available around the world as a whole food supplement.

Acai - Acai berries have long been a part of the staple diet of the tribes in the Amazon. With the appearance of a purple grape and taste of a tropical berry it has been shown to have powerful antioxidant properties thanks to a high level of anthocyanins, pigments also found in red wine. The ORAC rating of acai is 1,027. Make sure to look for the freeze dried acai fruit in which the nutrients are kept intact or when buying the juice look for a brand that has not been pasteurized or heated in any way.

Coconuts - Young coconuts are one of the highest sources of electrolytes in nature. Electrolytes are ionized salts in our cells, that transport energy throughout the body. Coconut water is a much better alternative to commercial sports drinks laden with artificial sugars and colors. The molecular structure of coconut water is identical to human blood plasma, which means that it is immediately recognized by the body and put to good use. Drinking the juice from a young coconut is like giving your body an instant blood transfusion. In fact this was common practice during World War II in the Pacific, where both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut water, siphoned directly from the coconut, to give emergency transfusions to wounded soldiers.

Coconut oil- Coconut oil's saturated fat is of the medium-chain fatty acid variety, which are digested more easily and utilized differently by the body than other saturated fats (such as butter, meat and eggs). Whereas other saturated fats are stored in the body's cells, the medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil are sent directly to the liver where they are immediately converted into energy. Coconut oil will actually speed up metabolism so your body will burn more calories in a day which will contribute to weight loss. Coconut oil supports healthy metabolic function and is a revered anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal agent. Pacific islanders deem coconut oil to be the cure-all gift from nature for all illness.

Noni - This fruit has been used by Polynesian islanders as a regenerative medicine for more than 1500 years. Research documents that the noni fruit has astounding anti-bacterial properties, even against E-coli. It has anti-tumor activity, anti-inflammatory properties, is effective as a pain reliever, generates cell repair and strengthens the immune system. Noni contains a multitude of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients. Many believe that the synergistic effect of the multi-spectrum nutrients is what gives it its potency. It has been proven beneficial for colds and flu's, digestive disorders, skin disorders, pain relief, headaches, infections and more. For best results look for a freeze-dried product that uses only the whole fruit or when buying the juice look for a brand that does not use pasteurizing.

Last edited:
Update:

Several pages back I reported that I recruited one of my patients, and got him on this fantastic journey of ours! Well I treated this same patient again last night, he happily reported that he has gone GREEN! He was so excited about how he is feeling after only 2 weeks! Yes! He is taking the Earthrise tablets of both Spirulina and Chlorella.

He is now getting his family and friends in on it. :yep:

Okay so I went out and got the Source Natural tablets during lunch...I took four...OH MY GOODNESS, I feel like I'm off the chain in the office. lol I have so much energy! I will look forward to taking this in the morning. Bye-bye coffee! This is great. I sure hope that I'm able to lower my BP in the long run. Thanks for such a helpful thread, ladies!

I finally got my Chlorella!! I had some in apple juice and that was okay, but I added some to my green smoothie this morning, and that is the way to go!! I will report back with any changes I notice, but it has only been 2 days. I took a tsp, and I guess that is 3g.

003-12.jpg
:lick:

My nails have gotten rediculously strong. They kind of remind me of a canine, but not as thick. Because of this, my bf has begun calling me wolverine. :look:

They're pretty, but I have to be really careful not to hurt anyone with them. lol

I finally got my Chlorella!! I had some in apple juice and that was okay, but I added some to my green smoothie this morning, and that is the way to go!! I will report back with any changes I notice, but it has only been 2 days. I took a tsp, and I guess that is 3g.

003-12.jpg
:lick:

Welcome mom23!:yay:

Okay so I went out and got the Source Natural tablets during lunch...I took four...OH MY GOODNESS, I feel like I'm off the chain in the office. lol I have so much energy! I will look forward to taking this in the morning. Bye-bye coffee! This is great. I sure hope that I'm able to lower my BP in the long run. Thanks for such a helpful thread, ladies!
Welcome mo96:band2:

Here's the thing about nettle:

#1)If you have an allergy please don't use.

#2)Otherwise here's what may be happening with the vaginal area. This is just to keep in mind if you have a problem with it. You may also just drink the tea instead of taking pills, and only take one a day or every other if it is strong contractions until they subside. Just lower your dose or just use it topically as a rinse for hair growth.:
Nettle really works on circulation and other parts of the body to. In regards to the vagina. It helps to circulate the area, and is a vaginal expectorant which is why you probably feel contractions if it is working on something. In addition it helps fibroids and other issues. I could go on and on and list other vaginal problems it helps with but I'm only going to provide a few posts. The point is there may be something going on that it is working on from yeast infection to endometriosis to fibroids amongst other things. :

http://www.herbalextractsplus.com/stinging-nettle.cfm

With regard to women's health issues, Stinging Nettle is believed to be effective against vaginal infections, such as Candida, a yeast infection. In cases where there is excessive menstrual flow, the herb helps to control uterine hemorrhage and also treat anemic conditions that result from excessive blood loss. Moreover, Stinging Nettle is supposed to be good for expectant mothers as both a nutritive and by guarding against bleeding, and it is also believed to promote milk production in nursing mothers

-----------
http://www.how-to-avoid-hysterectomy.com/herbal-remedies-for-uterine-fibroids.html

Special Mixture of Herbal Remedies for Uterine Fibroids, Part I

Here's a treatment directly for the fibroids. The patient has both to drink the teas and to irrigate vagina. For the first part of the treatment, you will need.....
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]one spoon of stinging nettle (Urtica dioica)

-------------
Nettle works on many things also including asthma and allergies, and just all parts of the body stimulating circulation and healing. It is a great but powerful herb.
-----------

That being said, not everything works for everyone. If the contractions are too much please discontinue use as I want everyone to be safe! If you're just using it to stimulate hair growth just use it as a rinse. That way you can still stimulate the growth but not drink it, and still get some of the hair growth effects.

OMG, I missed this post. I have family members with fibroids that really need this tea.

Forgot to add I've been using that brand consistently since Sept w/o any problems and have noticed lots of hair growth and benefits. So I haven't changed because I don't like to mess with stuff if it's good. So I'll continue to use the NOW brand of organic Nettle leaf tea.

I think I'll buy the NOW brand tomorrow if the health food store close to me has it. :yep:

Hey Girls,
Got my Source Naturals Powder today, yay! I've been on the the tabs for exactly 2 weeks now and I'm up to 9 grams. Only slightly green bm though. :ohwell: But my nails are so hard and strong, my eyelashes look longer and my newgrowth is smoother and softer.

My question for those on the powder and taking 12 grams or more, I plan to work my up to 12 grams that would be about 4 teaspoons. So are you guys taking all 4 tsps at once or do you split it up through out the day? Would it be a problem if I did it all at once?

I break my grams up throughout the day. I find that I feel very stuffed if I take all
12 g's at once.

I'm not sure what's going on with the scale, but my jeans are fitting looser. YAY!!

Hey Girls,
Got my Source Naturals Powder today, yay! I've been on the the tabs for exactly 2 weeks now and I'm up to 9 grams. Only slightly green bm though. :ohwell: But my nails are so hard and strong, my eyelashes look longer and my newgrowth is smoother and softer.

My question for those on the powder and taking 12 grams or more, I plan to work my up to 12 grams that would be about 4 teaspoons. So are you guys taking all 4 tsps at once or do you split it up through out the day? Would it be a problem if I did it all at once?

Hey there, Silkii_locks

I think you'll be fine taking it all at once. I think LD does and some others, as well. You may find benefit splitting it up, as well. AtlantaJJ does and I did in the beginning. I found that I often times missed my second dose, though, so now I take it all together, first thing in the morning, with my juice and fish oils. Better to get it all in, if you're like me and would miss the rest of your dose consistently.

My nails have gotten rediculously strong. They kind of remind me of a canine, but not as thick. Because of this, my bf has begun calling me wolverine. :look:

They're pretty, but I have to be really careful not to hurt anyone with them. lol

What she said!:yep::yep:

Hey Girls,

I'm not quite up to 12 grams but I want to get there starting this weekend. I would definitely split it out through the day. At last 6 grams in the morning and 6 grams in the PM.

I make a powder shake in the morning and take the tabs at night but I have a feeling the powder if more effective for me. That's what I'm experiencing so I think I am going to find a way to make a shake in the evening (a lower calorie one) :drunk:

I am going to say a prayer asking that I can get back into my workout routine now that my job ad just settled down a bit. My project has been implemented successfully into production so my manager has asked that I move on to a new more calm research / writing project were I'll be writing a new procedure for our department rather than trying to manage a bunch of unmanageable people :spinning:

This will be a good time for me to shift out of chaos mode...

ummmmm......i might have to jump on this brandwagon, cuz I'm lovely the results with the weight lost and nails growing.....going to pick some up next week, and I need to start taking my nettle.......thank for the information.....

ummmmm......i might have to jump on this brandwagon, cuz I'm lovely the results with the weight lost and nails growing.....going to pick some up next week, and I need to start taking my nettle.......thank for the information.....

You mean greenwagon! LOL! Welcome!!!! :dance7:It's a party in here...

I break my grams up throughout the day. I find that I feel very stuffed if I take all
12 g's at once.

I'm not sure what's going on with the scale, but my jeans are fitting looser. YAY!!

Congratulations Yodie. I knew those inches would be coming off. Inches first pounds later as you're building muscle.

Hey there, Silkii_locks

I think you'll be fine taking it all at once. I think LD does and some others, as well. You may find benefit splitting it up, as well. AtlantaJJ does and I did in the beginning. I found that I often times missed my second dose, though, so now I take it all together, first thing in the morning, with my juice and fish oils. Better to get it all in, if you're like me and would miss the rest of your dose consistently.

Yeah I do at once. Only because I'd probably forget otherwise and like sheba1 said, it's better to be consistent then miss your dose. I have still noticed wonderful changes: weight loss, gorgeous skin, silky strong longer hair, white nails, really white eyes, more energy than usual, less celulite, less scar (less visible stretch marks, etc). So I think that which ever way you take it just be consistent.

I'm not quite up to 12 grams but I want to get there starting this weekend. I would definitely split it out through the day. At last 6 grams in the morning and 6 grams in the PM.

I make a powder shake in the morning and take the tabs at night but I have a feeling the powder if more effective for me. That's what I'm experiencing so I think I am going to find a way to make a shake in the evening (a lower calorie one) :drunk:

I am going to say a prayer asking that I can get back into my workout routine now that my job ad just settled down a bit. My project has been implemented successfully into production so my manager has asked that I move on to a new more calm research / writing project were I'll be writing a new procedure for our department rather than trying to manage a bunch of unmanageable people :spinning:

This will be a good time for me to shift out of chaos mode...

That sounds wonderful. I love writing and research! I'm glad you'll have time to be in a calm place so that you can re group.

Just wanted to update; I'm back on Earthrise pills and up at 8 grams. Today I woke up and I'm feeling a little sick....my throat is a little sore and I don't feel very great. I'm still green, my skin is still bright, nails still long and strong, and my hair is def growing! I've been bunning my hair for the past two months now straight and taking chlorella so I think it's a combination of both. I am hoping to lose about 10-15 lbs and so far I don't think I have. I still have some cellulite in my thighs as well. :ohwell: Hopefully I will see the other changes like you all have.

Hey all, I am checking in. I washed and conditioned my hair today. I have tons of new growth right now. Normally, I would be looking to schedule my relaxer retouch right about now, but I am actually thinking that I can wait just a little bit longer because my newgrowth seems to be softer and a little bit more manageable.

I have broken quite a few nails because they are so hard. They are usually paper thin and they just bend and curl over. I was playing with my nails out of habit and instead of bending like normal they broke. I was sad but had to laugh at myself because I was happy they were that strong.

My skin on the other hand is not improving as much as I would like it too. It seems like it is going back to normal. I am having breakouts again. I am eating healthier so I just don't know what the culprit is...

AtlantaJJ,

How can you tell the powder is more effective?
On the days I can't make my shakes I take a bunch of tablets. I don't have quite as much energy on those days as I do with the shakes it seems... I had this happen over a few days, I think my body absorbs it better or perhaps its the combo of the fruit and the CHL that gives me more energy :scratchch

Back