• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Thank you for that word Sheba girl,

I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and not a train! I will definitely take your advice and try to keep meals light and drink the water. I am at about 5.5 to 6g now as I am slowly increasing every other day so I have a ways to go but I know I will get to the mountaintop...you might not get there with me brothers and sistas...oh, wrong audience. Let me quit playing, I feel good you all, so good I get downright silly! :lachen:

Please be careful drinking this if you are experiencing uterine pain. If you are not having any adverse effects then please disregard this warning.

I stopped drinking nettle tea a while back for the same reason. The first time I thought it was just that time of the month and I was having cramps. A few times after there was a time where the uterine contractions became so intense for me that I had hot flashes, chills, vomiting and weakness. It happened very quickly and lasted for about 20 mins. The last time I was close to calling 911 because I though I was going to pass out.

If it works for you then keep reaping the benefits of the tea, but if you have cramping and contractions then please reconsider drinking it.

Here's the thing about nettle:

#1)If you have an allergy please don't use.

#2)Otherwise here's what may be happening with the vaginal area. This is just to keep in mind if you have a problem with it. You may also just drink the tea instead of taking pills, and only take one a day or every other if it is strong contractions until they subside. Just lower your dose or just use it topically as a rinse for hair growth.:
Nettle really works on circulation and other parts of the body to. In regards to the vagina. It helps to circulate the area, and is a vaginal expectorant which is why you probably feel contractions if it is working on something. In addition it helps fibroids and other issues. I could go on and on and list other vaginal problems it helps with but I'm only going to provide a few posts. The point is there may be something going on that it is working on from yeast infection to endometriosis to fibroids amongst other things. :

http://www.herbalextractsplus.com/stinging-nettle.cfm

With regard to women's health issues, Stinging Nettle is believed to be effective against vaginal infections, such as Candida, a yeast infection. In cases where there is excessive menstrual flow, the herb helps to control uterine hemorrhage and also treat anemic conditions that result from excessive blood loss. Moreover, Stinging Nettle is supposed to be good for expectant mothers as both a nutritive and by guarding against bleeding, and it is also believed to promote milk production in nursing mothers

-----------
http://www.how-to-avoid-hysterectomy.com/herbal-remedies-for-uterine-fibroids.html

Special Mixture of Herbal Remedies for Uterine Fibroids, Part I

Here's a treatment directly for the fibroids. The patient has both to drink the teas and to irrigate vagina. For the first part of the treatment, you will need.....
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]one spoon of stinging nettle (Urtica dioica)

-------------
Nettle works on many things also including asthma and allergies, and just all parts of the body stimulating circulation and healing. It is a great but powerful herb.
-----------

That being said, not everything works for everyone. If the contractions are too much please discontinue use as I want everyone to be safe! If you're just using it to stimulate hair growth just use it as a rinse. That way you can still stimulate the growth but not drink it, and still get some of the hair growth effects.

Last edited:
I'm just browsing the pages, b/c its so much info so I'm sure I missed it, but can someone tell me the benefits of Spirulina? Is it just a good energy source?

TIA!
Very soon to be "Geauxing Green"

Maybe Mariofmagdal can chime in as she's the spirulina expert.

Anyone else taking it that can help?

I envy those of you that have had late menstrual cycle. Mine came today-10 days early!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::cry:

I started taking liquid Chlorophyll this week. I'm sure it's probably not necessary but I wanted to see if it would add a "boost". I plan to increase my dosage to 6 grams of Chlorella now. I noticed that my skin is really clearing up and my nails are stronger. I still haven't taken out my braids so I'm not sure if it has done anything for my hair.

I envy those of you that have had late menstrual cycle. Mine came today-10 days early!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::cry:

I started taking liquid Chlorophyll this week. I'm sure it's probably not necessary but I wanted to see if it would add a "boost". I plan to increase my dosage to 6 grams of Chlorella now. I noticed that my skin is really clearing up and my nails are stronger. I still haven't taken out my braids so I'm not sure if it has done anything for my hair.

Oh no! Mine is still MIA. This is day#4. DH is like, where she at?(Aunt Flo):lachen:

Here's the thing about nettle:

#1)If you have an allergy please don't use.

#2)Otherwise here's what may be happening with the vaginal area. This is just to keep in mind if you have a problem with it. You may also just drink the tea instead of taking pills, and only take one a day or every other if it is strong contractions until they subside. Just lower your dose or just use it topically as a rinse for hair growth.:
Nettle really works on circulation and other parts of the body to. In regards to the vagina. It helps to circulate the area, and is a vaginal expectorant which is why you probably feel contractions if it is working on something. In addition it helps fibroids and other issues. I could go on and on and list other vaginal problems it helps with but I'm only going to provide a few posts. The point is there may be something going on that it is working on from yeast infection to endometriosis to fibroids amongst other things. :

http://www.herbalextractsplus.com/stinging-nettle.cfm

With regard to women's health issues, Stinging Nettle is believed to be effective against vaginal infections, such as Candida, a yeast infection. In cases where there is excessive menstrual flow, the herb helps to control uterine hemorrhage and also treat anemic conditions that result from excessive blood loss. Moreover, Stinging Nettle is supposed to be good for expectant mothers as both a nutritive and by guarding against bleeding, and it is also believed to promote milk production in nursing mothers

-----------
http://www.how-to-avoid-hysterectomy.com/herbal-remedies-for-uterine-fibroids.html

Special Mixture of Herbal Remedies for Uterine Fibroids, Part I

Here's a treatment directly for the fibroids. The patient has both to drink the teas and to irrigate vagina. For the first part of the treatment, you will need.....
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]one spoon of stinging nettle (Urtica dioica)

-------------
Nettle works on many things also including asthma and allergies, and just all parts of the body stimulating circulation and healing. It is a great but powerful herb.
-----------

That being said, not everything works for everyone. If the contractions are too much please discontinue use as I want everyone to be safe! If you're just using it to stimulate hair growth just use it as a rinse. That way you can still stimulate the growth but not drink it, and still get some of the hair growth effects.

I agree that it works well on candida, makes hair soft and stimulates growth. I think the rinse in addition to chlorella has increased my growth rate. The first time around I used the pills. I stopped using them because of the uterine contractions and waking up to cramped legs. The second time around I used one tea bag for a cup of tea every other night. I thought the tea would not be as strong as the pills, but that is when I had the worst effects. I still use the tea bags when I wash my hair as a final rinse.

Here is why I had the contractions and the cramps:

"...Because of its exceptional diuretic properties, Nettle may cause potassium loss if taken on a regular basis, and supplemental potassium or high potassium foods, such as bananas and fresh vegetables, should be included in the diet."

http://viableherbalsupplements.com/singles/herbs/s440.htm

Lack of potassium causes cramping:

"One of the first symptoms of potassium deficiency is weakness. When there is not enough potassium in your system, you will feel weak or tired. You will also experience cramping in your arms or legs. Sometimes, this cramping will be so severe that you can hardly move around. Cramping may also occur in the abdominal area and cause bloating. Besides weakness and cramping, heart palpitations may also be ones of the symptoms of low potassium."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/341478/symptoms_of_potassium_deficiency.html?cat=5

I know that for most Nettle is great and is doing great things. I just wanted to give a heads up to the few, like me, who are not in the majority.

I love it as a hair rinse though. It really makes the new growth soft and I like the tingling sensation I get as my hair dries. I know its stimulating my growth.

Now I take neem capsules or a tablespoon of ev coconut oil to control candida.

I agree that it works well on candida, makes hair soft and stimulates growth. I think the rinse in addition to chlorella has increased my growth rate. The first time around I used the pills. I stopped using them because of the uterine contractions and waking up to cramped legs. The second time around I used one tea bag for a cup of tea every other night. I thought the tea would not be as strong as the pills, but that is when I had the worst effects. I still use the tea bags when I wash my hair as a final rinse.

Here is why I had the contractions and the cramps:

"...Because of its exceptional diuretic properties, Nettle may cause potassium loss if taken on a regular basis, and supplemental potassium or high potassium foods, such as bananas and fresh vegetables, should be included in the diet."

http://viableherbalsupplements.com/singles/herbs/s440.htm

Lack of potassium causes cramping:

"One of the first symptoms of potassium deficiency is weakness. When there is not enough potassium in your system, you will feel weak or tired. You will also experience cramping in your arms or legs. Sometimes, this cramping will be so severe that you can hardly move around. Cramping may also occur in the abdominal area and cause bloating. Besides weakness and cramping, heart palpitations may also be ones of the symptoms of low potassium."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/341478/symptoms_of_potassium_deficiency.html?cat=5

I know that for most Nettle is great and is doing great things. I just wanted to give a heads up to the few, like me, who are not in the majority.

I love it as a hair rinse though. It really makes the new growth soft and I like the tingling sensation I get as my hair dries. I know its stimulating my growth.

Now I take neem capsules or a tablespoon of ev coconut oil to control candida.

Probably because I eat so many vegetables and fruits I didn't have potassium loss. Thanks for the info! That should be kept in mind for those taking nettle. I'm glad the rinse works for you.

:notworthy thanks for dropping the knowledge in this thread ! :yep:

I love the Nettle because it helps my hayfever!!

ETA:

Summary

Nettle's purported anti-inflammatory effects have been repeatedly confirmed by modern research over the past ten years. It is particularly effective in treating allergic rhinitis, relieving nearly all the symptoms of itchy, watery eyes, sneezing and runny nose. It also has performed better than the prescription drug furosemide in reducing blood pressure, increasing urine output as a diuretic and increasing salt excretion. It also seems to be effective in reducing pain and producing a sedative effect.

It is important to keep in mind that the medicinal effects of the leaf and root of the nettle are markedly different. Nettle root, for instance, shows exceptional efficacy in treating prostate complaints in men. Nettle leaf has some of the same effects, but not to the same extent. The leaf, on the other hand, shows some promise in boosting immune system function and is an effective treatment for many skin conditions.

One final use should be noted and that is nettle leaf has been used as a hair and scalp treatment for centuries, and again, those uses are being supported by research as well. Nettle leaf extract seems to promote hair regrowth and thicken hair, as well as reducing dandruff and scalp conditions when used as a rinse.
Precautions:

Because of its diuretic and hypotensive actions, nettle leaf may lower blood pressure. If you are taking diuretics or other drugs meant to lower blood pressure, consult your doctor before using nettle leaf. Its long term, extended use is not recommended.

Last edited:
Hey Chlorella party? What's going on? How's it going for the long termers? Short termers please don't be shy. I'm still locked in at 12 grams and loving it. Hair is a lot softer and growing in what seems a little looser IDK why?

Today I feel a little run down but w/ NY's weather switching from Hotter back to freezing...I think that's why. My throat is tight, and I think I'm getting a cold. I'm not thinking it's a chlorella thing because of the weather changes and my not being prepared. One day no coat because it was hotter, the next a coat, but I forgot my scarf and then later in the day it's super cold and I have on no gloves because I wasn't prepared for it. Oh well.:sad:

I think if I stay bundled up I'll recover. One thing I notice since eating better and taking chlorella is that I rebound from things a lot faster. Here's hoping that happens again. I still took my chlorella today.

Checking in after a few days...

Still green and loving it. I'm sticking to 8-10g chlorella and 3.2-4g spirulina just because, lol. DH is on 3.2-4g of both.... I think i'll leave him on that, lol - I don't wanna go through them too fast, especially as that man gets through the fruit so fast! I mean, he can go through 4 bananas, 2 avocadoes, 4 pears, 2 apples and some more in a day! Never thinks about tomorrow! And he seems to be losing weight easier than I am too :wallbash: I'm now taking to putting some fruit aside for me otherwise there's none when I think there's some for tomorrow :sad:.

Interesting reading about the nettle.... I too have a history of fibroids.... had a myomectomy which got rid of 5 big ones and still have 2 small ones in situ :sad:. Plus we've been trying for babies a while now.... I hope nettle does us proud, lol!

Keep it going peeps, loving being a greenie! And all the extra info is a Godsend - whoever said ignorance is bliss missed the point completely!

Checking in after a few days...

Still green and loving it. I'm sticking to 8-10g chlorella and 3.2-4g spirulina just because, lol. DH is on 3.2-4g of both.... I think i'll leave him on that, lol - I don't wanna go through them too fast, especially as that man gets through the fruit so fast! I mean, he can go through 4 bananas, 2 avocadoes, 4 pears, 2 apples and some more in a day! Never thinks about tomorrow! And he seems to be losing weight easier than I am too :wallbash: I'm now taking to putting some fruit aside for me otherwise there's none when I think there's some for tomorrow :sad:.

Interesting reading about the nettle.... I too have a history of fibroids.... had a myomectomy which got rid of 5 big ones and still have 2 small ones in situ :sad:. Plus we've been trying for babies a while now.... I hope nettle does us proud, lol!

Keep it going peeps, loving being a greenie! And all the extra info is a Godsend - whoever said ignorance is bliss missed the point completely!

Hope the netle helps with that and that you get a bundle of joy just likeyou want!

As for chlorella I'm really happy that everyone has been so consistent.

A trend I've notice on lhcf is bandwagon jumping and that doesn't seem to be happening with chlorella. Everyone is pretty consistent and in it for the long run! I just love this stuff!

Green for life!

Today is my 2nd day of my cycle and the flow is much lighter than normal. I'm not sure if it's Chlorella or stress. If Chlorella has anything to do with it, I won't complain.:grin:

Today is my 2nd day of my cycle and the flow is much lighter than normal. I'm not sure if it's Chlorella or stress. If Chlorella has anything to do with it, I won't complain.:grin:

I find my time of the month is lighter. I think it is the chlorella. Anyone else notice this? Less cramping, lighter flow? I know I'm getting detailed but I think we're all family now w/ our bm talks and stuff!:grin:

Ok family I think I need to go back to the tabs. I've not been taking my chlorella like I'm supposed to and I need some talking to.

I will be travelling next week so I need to get the tabs anyway. I might do the Earthrise brand since I'm used to taking large pills. But my nails are growing nicely but no weight loss yet.

I want the nettle leaves because it lowers BP, where is everybody getting theres?

I get my nettle locally from a health food store but I have gotten some herbs in the past from mountainroseherbs.com. They are great. I have no issues at all with their service and their products. I get my nettle as loose herb however, I've read on here that some women are going to places like iherb or some other vendors and getting the nettle tea bags and using it that way.
I actually make my own tea bags using the loose nettle.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions and maybe I can help you out.

Forgot to add I've been using that brand consistently since Sept w/o any problems and have noticed lots of hair growth and benefits. So I haven't changed because I don't like to mess with stuff if it's good. So I'll continue to use the NOW brand of organic Nettle leaf tea.

I've been drinking one cup of nettle tea at lunchtime, and I love the taste. I haven't noticed any negative side effects so far. And I rinsed my hair with the nettle tea and air dried my hair. I used alot of moisture after (nairobi leave in conditioner and vatika oil). It dried nicely and by this morning, my edges weren't sticking up even though I only used a bonnet and didn't tie it down.

Okay, so it looks like on my lunch break run to Whole Foods, I'll be adding Spirulina to my list with Chlorella. This may have already been posted a few hundred pages ago, but I found this benefits summary very helpful.

Spirulina Benefits

Latin Names: Arthrospira platensis

Common Names: Macroalgae, Phytoplankton, Spirulina

Uses:
AIDS/HIV, arthritis, athletic nutrition, enhancing natural cleansing and detoxification, supporting cardiovascular function and healthy cholesterol, strengthening the immune system, improving gastrointestinal and digestive health, reducing cancer risks with antioxidant protection, general and long term health.

Spirulina is the richest beta carotene food, with a full spectrum of ten mixed carotenoids. About half are orange carotenes: alpha, beta and gamma and half are yellow xanthophylls. They work synergistically at different sites in our body to enhance antioxidant protection. Twenty years of research proves eating beta carotene rich fruits and vegetables gives us real anti-cancer protection.

Spirulina is an ideal anti-aging food; concentrated nutrient value, easily digested and loaded with antioxidants. Beta carotene is good for healthy eyes and vision. This all vegetable, low fat protein means we can lighten up on a meat centered diet that can aggravate arthritis and raise cholesterol. When we choose to eat less meat, vegetables like spirulina are good sources of more iron and essential minerals.

World's highest beta carotene food reduces long term health risks

A rare essential fatty acid is a key to health

Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) in mother's milk helps develop healthy babies. Studies show nutritional deficiencies can block GLA production in your body, so a good dietary source of GLA can be important. Spirulina is the only other whole food with GLA.

Iron for women and children's health

Iron is essential to build a strong system, yet is the most common mineral deficiency. Spirulina is rich in iron, magnesium and trace minerals, and is easier to absorb than iron supplements.

High in Vitamin B-12 and B Complex.

Spirulina is the highest source of B-12, essential for healthy nerves and tissue, especially for vegetarians.

Strengthens the immune system

Over the years I've heard from so many people that they have fewer colds and flu, or if they get a cold, they escape more chronic symptoms. They say wounds heal faster and they recover more quickly from illness. They have more energy. Spirulina is a powerful tonic for the immune system.

Because spirulina increases disease resistance in animals, even in very small doses, the animal feed industry is studying its use as an new probiotic to help replace overused antibiotic drugs in animal feeds. Scientists in Japan have published new studies showing a purified extract unique to spirulina inhibits replication of HIV-1, Herpes, Influenza, Mumps and Measles virus in-vitro yet is very safe for human cells.

The National Cancer Institute found sulfolipids in blue-green algae were 'remarkably active' against the AIDS virus in vitro. Spirulina contains 5-8% lipids, and 40% of these are glycolipids and sulfolipids. These compounds seem to prevent viruses from either attaching to or penetrating cells, preventing viral infection. Meanwhile, the virus can be eliminated by the body's defenses. Exciting new research in Japan and the USA has confirmed spirulina extracts in vitro can inhibit replication of the HIV virus.

Supports cardiovascular function and healthy cholesterol

Many people are taking dietary supplements to support a healthy heart and lower cholesterol. One of these people, my father, was prescribed drugs to lower his cholesterol ten years ago. Instead he began taking spirulina and niacin. Now he's a vibrant 82, and his cholesterol level is still safe and under control.

Improves gastrointestinal and digestive health

When people take spirulina they often notice immediate change in regularity and elimination. Research confirms it does promote digestion and bowel function. It suppresses bad bacteria like e-coli and Candida yeast and stimulates beneficial flora like lactobacillus and bifidobacteria. Healthy flora is the foundation of good health and it increases absorption of nutrients from the foods we eat, and helps protect against infection.

As people age, many who don't eat enough, have restricted diets or poor digestion may experience low energy from being undernourished. Spirulina builds healthy lactobacillus, aiding assimilation and elimination and relieving constipation.

It's a great food for malnourished people precisely because it helps rebuild healthy intestinal flora, which are essential for the utilization of more complex foods. Because in AIDS patients, nutrient malabsorption associated with opportunistic infections can initiate full blown AIDS, we've been donating spirulina to health clinics for HIV positive people.

Enhances natural cleansing and detoxification

When spirulina was first introduced 20 years ago, people quickly discovered it accelerated detoxification during fasting and cleansing. Later, in Japan, researchers found spirulina significantly reduced kidney toxicity caused by the heavy metal mercury and three pharmaceutical drugs. This suggested it's beneficial for humans suffering from heavy metal poisoning. Other researchers found rats consuming spirulina or chlorella algae eliminated 7 times the dangerous chemical dioxin compared to a control diet.

In 1994, a Russian Patent was awarded for spirulina as a medical food to reduce allergic reactions from radiation sickness. 270 Children of Chernobyl consuming 5 grams a day for 45 days (donated by Earthrise Farms), lowered radionucleides by 50%, and normalized allergic sensitivities.

Today we are subject to an onslaught of toxic chemicals in our air, water, food and drugs. Our bodies need to continually eliminate these accumulated toxins. Spirulina has a completely unique combination of phytonutrients - including chlorophyll, phycocyanin and polysaccharides, that can help cleanse our bodies.

Reduces cancer risks with antioxidant protection

Free radical molecules damage our body's cells. They are caused by pollution, poor diet, stress and injury. Antioxidant nutrients fight these dangerous oxidizing free radicals. They also stimulate our immune system to guard against cancer and other diseases and even slow the aging process. Major antioxidant vitamins are beta carotene (provitamin A) C, and E. Antioxidant minerals selenium, maganese, zinc, copper, iron and chromium form our bodies antioxidant enzymes. Spirulina contains all these nutrients, and exceptionally high levels of beta carotene and iron, and zinc in super spirulina.

Research shows spirulina helps protect Vitamin C from potency loss. In the past 20 years, many studies have shown natural beta carotene from fruits and vegetables reduces the risk of many cancers. Spirulina's beta carotene has been widely studied in India with thousands of people. Just one gram a day for a year given to 5000 pre school children, significantly reduced the incidence of eye disease. One gram a day caused total regression of mouth cancer lesions in 44% of male tobacco chewers.

This reinforced an earlier Harvard study that showed a spirulina extract used topically, reversed oral cancer tumors in hamsters. Chinese scientists found the unique polysaccharides also have antioxidant properties. No doubt, spirulina is one of the most powerful antioxidant whole foods.

What will spirulina do for athletes?

Athletes need extra nutrition. Spirulina is a high intensity superfood for a high intensity workout. Taken before jogging or competition, it delivers energy and improves stamina. Bikers, backpackers and mountain climbers will appreciate this lightweight survival food. For bodybuilders, it offers 60% protein and amino acids, low in fat. It's helpful for reducing caloric intake, essential for maintaining competitive weight.

World Class athletes use spirulina to improve performance. The Cuban Ministry of Sports gave it to their athletes to intensify training before the 1996 Olympic games. Cuban track stars have consumed it for many years. They say it helps create and mend muscle mass and helps iron retention. It improves endurance and wards off cramping for marathoners. When training increases appetite, spirulina curbs hunger.

When I was invited to the largest Chinese training center for 2000 athletes, I thought I was going to introduce them to spirulina. But, I soon found out it was their secret ingredient they'd been using for five years. The trainers said they prescribed it for athletes for all sports. It boosts the immune system and improves recovery, so their athletes can intensify training, for which they are famous. Where does their spirulina come from? I found out this Chinese training center has its own, private and exclusive spirulina farm.

Can a person lose weight taking spirulina?

It's not an appetite suppressant. It contains no drugs that trick the body. Yet, many people find taking a few tablets or a spirulina drink an hour before mealtime can help satisfy appetite, so they eat less. We know when we're going to be hungry, so just plan ahead. Because it's rich in iron, often deficient in women on low calorie diets, spirulina is ideal support for any diet. Best of all, it helps us to lighten up and make the switch from a bulky diet to lighter, more powerful foods.

Taken from an interview with Robert Henrikson, author of the book "Earth Food Spirulina: How this remarkable blue-green algae can transform your life and our planet", in May 1998, featured on http://www.spirulina.com/

I had to alter it some, the article was a little lengthy.

Okay, so it looks like on my lunch break run to Whole Foods, I'll be adding Spirulina to my list with Chlorella. This may have already been posted a few hundred pages ago, but I found this benefits summary very helpful.

Spirulina Benefits

Latin Names: Arthrospira platensis

Common Names: Macroalgae, Phytoplankton, Spirulina

Uses:
AIDS/HIV, arthritis, athletic nutrition, enhancing natural cleansing and detoxification, supporting cardiovascular function and healthy cholesterol, strengthening the immune system, improving gastrointestinal and digestive health, reducing cancer risks with antioxidant protection, general and long term health.

Spirulina is the richest beta carotene food, with a full spectrum of ten mixed carotenoids. About half are orange carotenes: alpha, beta and gamma and half are yellow xanthophylls. They work synergistically at different sites in our body to enhance antioxidant protection. Twenty years of research proves eating beta carotene rich fruits and vegetables gives us real anti-cancer protection.

Very informative! I have been taking 3 g of spirulina for 2 wks now and I know that something either the spirulina or the CHL has made all the cellulite on the back of my thighs go away...now how is that for a darn miracle! I had liposuction done on my legs in Sept and the skin would not tighten up properly and it looked so rigid but now things are smoothing out and I am very happy about that. To God be the Glory because he made all things that are good and messengers to bring news of this goodness for everyone!!! Thanks again to LD and all you ladies who are pioneering CHL/SPRL:yep:

I get my nettle locally from a health food store but I have gotten some herbs in the past from mountainroseherbs.com. They are great. I have no issues at all with their service and their products. I get my nettle as loose herb however, I've read on here that some women are going to places like iherb or some other vendors and getting the nettle tea bags and using it that way.
I actually make my own tea bags using the loose nettle.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions and maybe I can help you out.

How are you using your nettle? Does it make you itch?

So my Chlorella arrived yesterday, but the stupid UPS person left it at my apartment's office even though I was at home. This pissses me off becuase no one is ever in the office when I go down there, even though they are suppose to be open until six:perplexed. Hopefully I can pick it up today

Wow, I can't believe I'm just now coming into this thread. It's been around for a couple of months and I'm just on page 20! lol I'm about to head out to Whole Foods right now to pick up some. I'm so excited!

I received my jarrow powder today and am taking 2mg along with my now brand pills which are 3mg so together i'm getting about 5mg and I have been taking the pills for a week now. I have noticed more energy and I love it and I also notice that If I eat a good meal in the morining I will be full the rest of the day. no green bm yet though.

I find my time of the month is lighter. I think it is the chlorella. Anyone else notice this? Less cramping, lighter flow? I know I'm getting detailed but I think we're all family now w/ our bm talks and stuff!:grin:

Yep, me! Less cramps, lighter, shorter! CHL strikes again!!! :clap:

Informative Post

Why Superfoods?

Superfoods are a category of foods found in nature, they are superior sources of essential nutrients - nutrients we need but can't make ourselves. We all may be adding more salads and vegetables to our diets, but concern for the quality of foods grown on mineral depleted soils makes superfoods popular. They are nutritionally more potent then regular foods and are wonderful food sources of anti-oxidants for healthy healing. Superfoods are nutrient dense and calorie sparse.

Superfoods can be divided into 5 main groups

Green Superfoods
Bee Superfoods
Seaweed Superfoods
Herb Superfoods
Fruit and Nut Superfoods

GREEN SUPERFOODS
Greens are good, Green Superfoods are even better! Green superfoods have the highest concentrations of easily digestible nutrients, fat burning compounds, vitamins and minerals to protect and heal the body. They contain a wide array of beneficial substances including proteins, protective photo-chemicals and healthy bacteria helping you to build cleaner muscles and tissues, aid your digestive system function and more effectively protect you against disease and illness.

Green superfoods are extremely rich in chlorophyll - the pigment that gives plants their green color. The molecular structure of chlorophyll is very similar to that of human blood and studies show that when this is consumed, the production of hemoglobin in blood is increased. Higher amounts of hemoglobin in the bloodstream means more oxygen-rich blood, the first and most important element that cells need to thrive.

Wheat grass - Wheat grass is the sprouted grass of a wheat seed. Unlike the whole grain, because it has been sprouted, it no longer contains gluten or other common allergic agents. Wheat grass is super alkalizing and is excellent for promoting healthy blood. It normalizes the thyroid gland to stimulate metabolism thus assisting digestion and promoting weight loss due also to its high enzyme content and cleansing effect.

Barley grass - Barley grass has 11 times more calcium than cows milk, 5 times more iron than spinach and 7 times more Vitamin C and bio-flavonoids than orange juice. It contains significant amounts of Vitamin B12 which is very important in a vegetarian diet. Barley grass juice has anti-viral activities and neutralizes heavy metals such as mercury in the blood.

Wild blue-green algae - Algae was the first form of life on Earth and its power is immense. Wild blue-green algae is a phyto-plankton and contains virtually every nutrient. With a 60% protein content and a more complete amino acid profile than beef or soy beans. It contains one of the best known food sources of beta carotene, B vitamins and chlorophyll. It has been shown to improve brain function and memory, strengthen the immune system and help with viruses, colds and flu.

Spirulina - Spirulina is a cultivated micro-algae which has been consumed for thousands of years by the indigenous peoples in Mexico and Africa. It is one of the highest know protein sources on Earth and contains 70% complete protein, towering over steak which consists of only 25% protein once cooked. Studies have shown that spirulina can help control blood sugar levels and cravings thus making it a key food for diabetics, and can be used to assist in weight loss and as a general nutritional supplement.

Chlorella - Chlorella is a fresh water algae and like its other algae cousins contains a complete protein profile, all the B vitamins, vitamin C and E and many minerals. It is amazing for the immune system and for reducing cholesterol and preventing the hardening of the arteries, a precursor to heart attacks and strokes.

Green leafy vegetables - Green leafy vegetables are so readily available and so highly nutritious, however most people do not eat enough of them. Studies continuously confirm that populations that eat a diet high in green leafy vegetables run a far lower risk of heart disease and cancer. Fresh raw green leafy vegetables contain high doses of chlorophyll, easily digestible proteins, enzymes and a wide range of vitamins and minerals. These particular vegetables act as mini-transfusions for the blood, a health tonic for the brain and immune system and a cleanser of the kidneys. Try any of the following: rocket, spinach, dandelion greens, kale, watercress, parsley, lettuce, endive, chicory, broccoli sprouts and mustard sprouts.

BEE SUPERFOODS
The Egyptians wrote about it back in 5500 B.C., the Indians used it for their religious ceremonies in 1000 B.C. and even the Babylonians have been noted to use it in their medicinal practices. The western world actually discovered the benefits of bee superfoods by accident during an investigation of native Russian Beekeepers who regularly lived past 100 years of age who ate raw honey, rich in bee pollen, every day.

Royal Jelly - Royal Jelly is a milk like secretion from the head glands of the worker bees. The queen bee lives almost exclusively on royal jelly and she lives around 40 times longer than the rest of the bees. Royal Jelly is a powerhouse of nutrients containing every nutrient necessary to support life. It is the worlds richest source of pantothenic acid (also known as Vitamin B5), which is known to combat stress, fatigue and insomnia and is a vital nutrient for healthy skin and hair.

Bee Pollen - Bee pollen is collected by bees from flowering plants and formed into granules. Bee pollen is the most complete food found in nature and has five to seven times more protein than beef. It is especially beneficial for the extra nutritional and energy needs of athletes and those recovering from illness. It is a natural antidote for fighting allergies particulary hayfever and sinusitus. Research shows that pollen counteracts the signs of aging and increases both mental and physical capability.

Propolis - Propolis is the substance that bees coat the walls of their hives with and bee hives have often been referred to as the most antiseptic places in nature. The powerful antibiotic properties of propolis can help protect humans from bacteria and can strengthen our immune system. Propolis works against viruses, something that antibiotics cannot do. Research shows that taking propolis during the high risk 'cold and flu' season reduces colds, coughing and inflammation of the mouth, tonsils and throat.

SEAWEED SUPERFOODS
Seaweeds are the most nutritionally dense plants on the planet as they have access to all the nutrients in the ocean. They can contain up to 10 times more calcium than milk and eight times as much as beef. The chemical composition of seaweeds is so close to human blood plasma, that perhaps their greatest benefit is regulating and purifying our blood system. They help to alkalize our blood, neutralizing the over-acid effects of our modern diet and protect us from a wide array of toxic elements in the environment, including heavy metals, pollutants and radiation by-products converting them to harmless salts that the body can eliminate.

But the most remarkable results with seaweeds we see is boosting weight loss and deterring cellulite build-up. The high concentration of natural iodine helps to stimulate the thyroid gland so that food fuels are used before they can be turned into fatty deposits. At the same time, the minerals act like electrolytes to break the chemical bond that seals the fat cells allowing trapped wastes to escape. Both by eating sea vegetables or bathing in them helps reduce cellulite and stimulates lymphatic drainage.

Nori - is best known for the seaweed used to make sushi rolls. You can make your own at home, make sure you use the untoasted nori sheets for maximum nutrient content.

Kelp - kelp is available in powder or capsule form for those who feel awkward eating seaweed. It is also the most common seaweed found along the ocean shores. Due to their thick leaves they are perfect for a hot seaweed bath.

Dulse - a red seaweed, available in flakes. There is no need to cook dulse. It is great to use as seasoning on salads, vegetables and soups.

Arame - consists of brown stringy seaweed. Soak in hot water for 5 minutes and it is ready to use.

Wakame - With a sweet flavor makes a great compliment to sandwiches. Soak for 5 minutes in hot water.

Kombu - Used in Japan for centuries as a mineral rich flavour enhancer. Add a strip of kombu when cooking beans making them more digestible and reducing gas. Add a strip of kombu to your sprouts when soaking them to allow them to soak up the minerals.

Last edited:
Back