Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
A bit of background: I exercise regularly, which includes cardio and weight-lifting. I am a size 4/6 but no amount of squats or lunges would rid me of the cellulite on my lower body.

For months, I have been on the fence about adding chlorella to my vitamin regimen. Since I was already taking MSM, Spirulina, a multi and several other vitamins, I didn't want to add anything else.

Anyway, I am so grateful for this thread. Because of it, I started taking 3 grams/day of NOW Chlorella tablets (purchased from iherb). After only 5 days, I see a decrease in cellulite on my hips and thighs...this is amazing!

I just had to share my good news; thanks to OP and all the ladies whose input made this such a wonderfully informative thread.

Yodie, I am 5'3, 146 and I am trying to lose like 10 pounds. I guess I was kind of expecting the weight to just fall off, but I guess not.

Our size and height sound the same. Hmm... maybe we're in better shape than we think. Could that be it? I'd LOVE to lose 10 pounds of pure fat. :lachen:

Ok. There's no way that I can read this whole thread but I have a few questions:

Did anyone experience a very late menstrual cycle?
If you did and when it did come, was it shorter and a bit lighter?

Mine was a little late by a few days and shorter and lighter. I also did not experience much pain.

I have a question about the people drinking nettle tea and using the rinses. I noticed my head is itching a lot! I just hennaed but I never got the itchies in the past. Could the nettle be causing a growth spurt which is leading to the itchies?

ETA:

For the ladies with late cycles I just found this about nettle:

<<Nettle taken internally MAY alter the normal menstrual cycle in some women. Therefore, it may not be a safe herbal formula for women that are attempting to become pregnant, are already pregnant or are nursing. >>

My head itches. It's probably a growth signal unless it's allergies. And I noticed you didn't say bumps or anything so it's growth related IMO.

I've had itchies since Sept when I first started using it. Heck now I pay it no mind and move on.

I've been lurkin' since the beginning, but have taken CHL since the second week. I'm so glad to see my being late can be attributed to the CHL. I was lookin' at my husband real strange upside his head.:lachen:
Whew! That's a load off.

So, it seems like a few of us ladies are late with our cycle. Maybe mine is just extra late.

For the late ladies, did your cycle actually start or are you still waiting on it? I understand if this is too personal.

Thanks for that suggestion LD. I'll wait another two weeks and see what happens after that.

Guess chl is the culprit then. Nettle tea stimulates hair growth.

I'm 5'3" and I wear size 8. I weigh 148. I definitely need to lose (number wise)

Yodie,
noticed you were saying you haven't lost weight, but you exercise a lot. Do you think that you're gaining muscle right now? Just a thought.

Another question...how high is your dose of chlorella and are you more regular yet?

Sorry to be all up in your biz but I'm just trying to brain storm..:look:

Yodie,
noticed you were saying you haven't lost weight, but you exercise a lot. Do you think that you're gaining muscle right now? Just a thought.

Another question...how high is your dose of chlorella and are you more regular yet?

Sorry to be all up in your biz but I'm just trying to brain storm..:look:

You can stumble into my biz anytime (smile).

I do work out several times a week. I Hadn't considered if I was gaining muscle because I'm not lifting weights. I generally speed walk or jog around my house between 2-4 miles.

I usually have one and sometimes two BM's per day, but I still take aloe. No aloe, no movement. I'm at 10 g's and today is my second day without CHL. Waiting for my shipment to arrive. I'm already going brown again.

Any advice?

:lachen: Thank goodness I read that here last week. I was expecting Aunt Flo to be late because of that. I'm only 2 days late but I would be freaking out since I'm pretty regular.

I'm starting to understand why everyone is freaked except Yodie and I. Mine came late, and actually I said a few days but it was more like a week now that I think about it. However I didn't care because even though I have a SO, I'm abstinent (much to his detriment:lachen:and annoyance, even though he's trying to understand my religious views and be patient), so I didn't freak out. So even though I have a boyfriend and all my friends were like hmmm where's your period?, I was like unless something miraculous happens put those quizzical eyebrows down people!

With that said, I do think if it's over a couple weeks, just getting checked (for anyone who is that late) for other stuff is a good thing. That way you won't worry and can settle your mind. Then you just know chlorella is working in it's own way.

Wow you ladies with light period are lucky! I have fibroids and am having to go to the hospital.But I am happy with chlorella. It cant do everything. But my skin looks so nice my cousin bought some!!! I am on my second bottle of Chlorella!!
+

I keep asking y'all to dilute for more than one reason:
1. It's more economical
2. It helps with weight issues. Too much juice=too much fruit. You want to have a balance and there's tons of fruit in an 8 oz glass.

So if you add water, it tastes just as good :lick:(and it really does. I wouldn't say it otherwise. I hate it when someone says something and it doesn't work out! You can adjust the taste by adding more juice as needed for it) and it also lowers the sugar content. Instead of the consistency of a smoothie, it'll have the consistency of juice. HTH!

I diluted today, and LD you're right, just as yummy, but more like juice than a smoothie!

You can stumble into my biz anytime (smile).

I do work out several times a week. I Hadn't considered if I was gaining muscle because I'm not lifting weights. I generally speed walk or jog around my house between 2-4 miles.

I usually have one and sometimes two BM's per day, but I still take aloe. No aloe, no movement. I'm at 10 g's and today is my second day without CHL. Waiting for my shipment to arrive. I'm already going brown again.

Any advice?

I'm thinking you're building muscle. Especially if you're alternating between speed walking and jogging. It's almost equivalent to sprints (albeit lighter) because you're working on short burts of movements which will develop your muscle fibers. I used to run cross country (ah the days!) and believe me I had ridiculous hamstrings in those days and could eat anything, so I know I wasn't burning through muscle.

Here's an article it only talks about sprints but its the same general idea.
Now it says slow running doesn't. but if you're speed walking and running you're doing something different because you're giving your body short bursts.

So I think you're developing muscle first. You'll get there and the weight will come off.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_5_18/ai_85011013
Sprinters carry a huge amount of muscle in their quads and hamstrings. "Look at Michael Johnson or Carl Lewis," says Tom Seabourne, who has a doctorate in exercise science. "They're all muscle from sprinting, using ATP [adenosine triphosphate] as their energy source." ...Sprinting recruits fast-twitch muscle fiber... If your goal is to increase the muscle mass in your legs, then include a day or two of sprint training each week.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_running_make_you_lose_weight_and_gain_muscle_in_the_legs
[Edit]
abar_a.gif

#healthonationBox {width:218px;position:relative;float:right;padding-left:15px;}#hn_white_body1 {background-color: #F6F6F6; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px; width:218px; margin: 0 auto; padding: 0px; font-family: 'Arial'; height: auto; font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; text-align: center;border:1px solid #c9c9c9;margin-bottom:10px;} #hnhead {text-align: center; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; margin-bottom: 13px; color: #878787;} #hn_white_inner {margin: 0px auto; width: 190px;} From our video partners

Answer

Running will certainly tone up your muscles, but don't forget ... muscle weighs more than fat.

http://training.fitness.com/running-cycling/does-cardio-workout-build-muscle-25503.htmlYes. Running will build leg muscle, but as stated above you will hit a platue unless you change your routine regularly.

With that said, I do think if it's over a couple weeks, just getting checked (for anyone who is that late) for other stuff is a good thing. That way you won't worry and can settle your mind. Then you just know chlorella is working in it's own way.[/quote]

I'm sure the Dr. will tell me to stop taking it because most of them know nothing about superfoods as medication vs. their cut it off or out type of treatment. I definitely don't want to stop taking CHL.

With that said, I do think if it's over a couple weeks, just getting checked (for anyone who is that late) for other stuff is a good thing. That way you won't worry and can settle your mind. Then you just know chlorella is working in it's own way.

I'm sure the Dr. will tell me to stop taking it because most of them know nothing about superfoods as medication vs. their cut it off or out type of treatment. I definitely don't want to stop taking CHL.[/quote]

I hope not!

BTW check earlier in the thread, like a page up, you prob missed the post. I just placed about your weight issue.

I'm sure the Dr. will tell me to stop taking it because most of them know nothing about superfoods as medication vs. their cut it off or out type of treatment. I definitely don't want to stop taking CHL.

I hope not!

BTW check earlier in the thread, like a page up, you prob missed the post. I just placed about your weight issue.[/quote]

Just read through them. Thanks LD. I'm very dense. There's nothing light about my body. Takes alot for me to whittle down to nothing. I'm solid and I build muscle very easy. Maybe that's what's going on for me OR, I'm just finding an excuse to make myself happy. IDK.

My cycle... well, that's another story. I'm sure it'll arrive someday soon. I'll give it another two weeks. If nothing, then I'll make a trip to the doctor's office. I'm sure they'll ask me about my sex life over and over. I'll say "celibate" and they won't believe me.

I hope not!

BTW check earlier in the thread, like a page up, you prob missed the post. I just placed about your weight issue.

Just read through them. Thanks LD. I'm very dense. There's nothing light about my body. Takes alot for me to whittle down to nothing. I'm solid and I build muscle very easy. Maybe that's what's going on for me OR, I'm just finding an excuse to make myself happy. IDK.

My cycle... well, that's another story. I'm sure it'll arrive someday soon. I'll give it another two weeks. If nothing, then I'll make a trip to the doctor's office. I'm sure they'll ask me about my sex life over and over. I'll say "celibate" and they won't believe me.[/quote]

Me and the conversation I have with my gynecologist EVERYTIME:

THEM: "Are you having intercourse?"

ME: "No"

THEM:"Having Sex?"

THEM: "Sexually Active?"

ME:"NO"

THEM: And you're in a relationship?

ME: Yes.

THEM:"What's the word you kids use...making love, getting it on? hookin up?"

ME: "No, NO, and NO"

THEM "WHY?"

ME "Why not? It's my beliefs. I'm waiting."

They still do tests like for stds and pregnancy along with the standard tests.

THEM "Good news you're not pregnant and you don't have any stds"

ME : NO S%$t

THEM: Uh...It's just standard that we perform these tests on younger people...

(I have a flaw of a potty mouth when I'm mad. Been working on that!)

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
First congrats on eating healthy. Second, you need to give it time. Chlorella works in everyone's bodys in different ways depending on what's needed.

Another possiblity to consider: It seems to me like your shake is a meal replacement with the banana and apple. You need to see it as that, and maybe take one of your other meals out. HTH

Thank you LD, that makes total sense!!!! Ok I will be patient and skip one of the meals. I read the info that you left for Yodie, and although I don't see any weight loss nor do I see a difference in inches, I may be gaining muscle mass, and although I knew this, I became obsessed with the checking myself on the scale. I am such a dork. LOL. :lachen:Thank you again.

Thank you LD, that makes total sense!!!! Ok I will be patient and skip one of the meals. I read the info that you left for Yodie, and although I don't see any weight loss nor do I see a difference in inches, I may be gaining muscle mass, and although I knew this, I became obsessed with the checking myself on the scale. I am such a dork. LOL. :lachen:Thank you again.

Glad I could help.

My cycle... well, that's another story. I'm sure it'll arrive someday soon. I'll give it another two weeks. If nothing, then I'll make a trip to the doctor's office. I'm sure they'll ask me about my sex life over and over. I'll say "celibate" and they won't believe me.

THEM "WHY?"

(I'm celibate but I still have a flaw of a potty mouth when I'm mad)

:lachen::lachen::lachen:[/quote]

:rofl: Did u say that for real!? I would love to see the looks on their faces! :rofl:

On a more serious note...I think I'm lactose intolerant or something because I've had some itchy pimples and more breakouts over the past 7 days and I was wondering why, oh, why I wasn't getting any better. I've had corn chowder/clam chowder soup from Whole Paycheck and it contains MILK/CREAM!!! Now, I trust their food better because it is fresh and it shouldn't have any additives.
This morning I had a few dried pimples and a couple which were starting to recede. I had some NE clam chowder soup today for lunch. Then I check myself in the restroom and I see THREE whiteheads! (sorry TMI) :wallbash::wallbash: I did the connection because I haven't eaten anything different. I only drink soymilk, but I guess now I'm gonna have to switch to soy cheese and all...have any of you tried soy cheese or vegan cheese? I tried the soy yogurts from Stonyfield Farms and they didn't taste as good as the regular ones. I'm gonna die if I have to give up my yogurts!
Hoping chlorella is going to help with that :pray:

Last edited:
I just had my first cup of nettle leaf tea. That stuff is strong! I immediately felt a sharp cramp/contraction go through my uterus after I drank it and I'm not scheduled to get that visitor until next Wednesday. I read that it is also good for fertility so maybe it's working down there too. It sure felt like it was. Anyhow, I'm hoping that it will give me a good hair growth spurt. I am going to apply is to my scalp as well.

Now back to Chlorella...I started my 12g dosage this week. On Sunday I bought the Sun Chlorella powder ($32.00 for 20 packets). I have to take four of the packets per day. I also ordered the Source Naturals powder online since that's more economical. I followed the advice of Yodie and LD and bought a green drink to mix it with and I am also using the water to dilute it. This makes taking it really easy. Thanks for the suggestions.

I posted progress earlier on the egg shake board since I've been using that for 24 days now. This is my first week on the super dosage of chlorella so I'll be looking for the benefits. I know that I will get some soon. I've been on chlorella for over a year, but only on a small dose and not as consistent.

:rofl: Did u say that for real!? I would love to see the looks on their faces! :rofl:

On a more serious note...I think I'm lactose intolerant or something because I've had some itchy pimples and more breakouts over the past 7 days and I was wondering why, oh, why I wasn't getting any better. I've had corn chowder/clam chowder soup from Whole Paycheck and it contains MILK/CREAM!!! Now, I trust their food better because it is fresh and it shouldn't have any additives.
This morning I had a few dried pimples and a couple which were starting to recede. I had some NE clam chowder soup today for lunch. Then I check myself in the restroom and I see THREE whiteheads! (sorry TMI) :wallbash::wallbash: I did the connection because I haven't eaten anything different. I only drink soymilk, but I guess now I'm gonna have to switch to soy cheese and all...have any of you tried soy cheese or vegan cheese? I tried the soy yogurts from Stonyfield Farms and they didn't taste as good as the regular ones. I'm gonna die if I have to give up my yogurts!
Hoping chlorella is going to help with that :pray:

doesn't sound like lactose intolerance to me--lactose intolerance affects the digestive system; milk allergy or sensitivity is what could cause breakouts though. How long have you been using soy milk? It could possibly be the soy milk. Have you ever experienced this reaction to milk before in your life or is this new? Are you using a new product on your face?

Last edited:

THEM "WHY?"

(I'm celibate but I still have a flaw of a potty mouth when I'm mad)

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

[/quote]

Uh. Yeah... I have a quick sharp mouth when I'm annoyed. Usually I'm really nice and helpful, and sweet but if I get annoyed it's another story:grin:.

I just had my first cup of nettle leaf tea. That stuff is strong! I immediately felt a sharp cramp/contraction go through my uterus after I drank it and I'm not scheduled to get that visitor until next Wednesday. I read that it is also good for fertility so maybe it's working down there too. It sure felt like it was. Anyhow, I'm hoping that it will give me a good hair growth spurt. I am going to apply is to my scalp as well.

Now back to Chlorella...I started my 12g dosage this week. On Sunday I bought the Sun Chlorella powder ($32.00 for 20 packets). I have to take four of the packets per day. I also ordered the Source Naturals powder online since that's more economical. I followed the advice of Yodie and LD and bought a green drink to mix it with and I am also using the water to dilute it. This makes taking it really easy. Thanks for the suggestions.

I posted progress earlier on the egg shake board since I've been using that for 24 days now. This is my first week on the super dosage of chlorella so I'll be looking for the benefits. I know that I will get some soon. I've been on chlorella for over a year, but only on a small dose and not as consistent.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with the increased dosage...you did increase in increments or did you make a big leap all at once to the 12 ?

doesn't sound like lactose intolerance to me--lactose intolerance affects the digestive system; milk allergy or sensitivity is what could cause breakouts though. How long have you been using soy milk? It could possibly be the soy milk. Have you ever experienced this reaction to milk before in your life or is this new? Are you using a new product on your face?

You know soy is not my friend either. I have horrible reactions to it. Only the fermented kind I'm okay with in small doses. So that's a good observation...possibility. I take almond milk instead of soy if anyone is avoiding milk give it a try.

HELP!!!!

I have an issue, my mother has been taking CHL and she is very sick. Vomiting, runny bowels, headaches and bloating within the last few days. She is taking 2 tsps a day. I thought it may be her diet besides CHL but I can't get a straight answer as to what else she's been eating. She doesn't want Chlorella anymore. :sad: She has high blood pressure, inactive thyroid and possibly high chloresterol.

She did say she had a loss of apetite and couldn't enjoy her coffee. Some days she was eating egg sandwiches and grits. Then she didn't want grits and just wanted eggs. Then she was eating coffee, CHL and smothered potatos and oxtail soup recently.

What should she do? I really want this to work for her. :perplexed

HELP!!!!

I have an issue, my mother has been taking CHL and she is very sick. Vomiting, runny bowels, headaches and bloating within the last few days. She is taking 2 tsps a day. I thought it may be her diet besides CHL but I can't get a straight answer as to what else she's been eating. She doesn't want Chlorella anymore. :sad: She has high blood pressure, inactive thyroid and possibly high chloresterol.

She did say she had a loss of apetite and couldn't enjoy her coffee. Some days she was eating egg sandwiches and grits. Then she didn't want grits and just wanted eggs. Then she was eating coffee, CHL and smothered potatos and oxtail soup recently.

Hey Curly, if she's taking two teaspoons a day, she's at about 6 g I'm guessing. Did she start too high? Reduce it to the smallest amount possible. In her case 1/4 a teaspoon or even 1/8th. I really want her under a gram...just give her the smallest amount possible and see if that helps and let her only increase in a couple of weeks after she stabilizes. Is she's been eating it w/ food do the opposite. She could be really sensitive to chlorella and she also has the other issues. If she's doing it w/o food take it with food. Sounds weird but it works for some. Also make sure she has a japanese chlorella that is not corrupt.

If this does not work...then she needs to stop it because she may be one of the rare few who are truly allergic, but please try the stuff I mentioned here first because it really works.

Also make sure she drinks enough water.

HELP!!!!

I read caffeine should not be drank close to Chlorella (it should be drank hours apart,maybe this is the cause?)

Hey Curly, if she's taking two teaspoons a day, she's at about 6 g I'm guessing. Did she start too high? Reduce it to the smallest amount possible. In her case 1/4 a teaspoon or even 1/8th. I really want her under a gram...just give her the smallest amount possible and see if that helps and let her only increase in a couple of weeks after she stabilizes. Is she's been eating it w/ food do the opposite. She could be really sensitive to chlorella and she also has the other issues. If she's doing it w/o food take it with food. Sounds weird but it works for some. Also make sure she has a japanese chlorella that is not corrupt.

If this does not work...then she needs to stop it because she may be one of the rare few who are truly allergic, but please try the stuff I mentioned here first because it really works.

Also make sure she drinks enough water.

Thank you LD, I knew you would come through for me.

I have her on Sourch Naturals 16 oz powder. She was taking it with natural apple juice (very sweet) during her meals. So I will have her take it an hour after her meals at a much lower dosage and possilby some green and blue goodness smoothies or naked juice. So should it be 1/8 tsp once or twice a day?

She and my sister are sharing CHL powder. My sister experienced diziness and nausea around the same time my mother did but no vomiting. They were taking the same dosage too. My sister is now having normal symptoms so far, i.e. occasional headaches, nausea and fatigue.

Thank you Dr. LD, I will keep you posted.

I read caffeine should not be drank close to Chlorella (it should be drank hours apart,maybe this is the cause?)

Hmmm, I agree and she loves her coffee. She recently complained that CHL was destroying her enjoyment of it. That it tasted different. I will run this by her and let her know to drink coffee hours after CHL. Thanks.

Thank you LD, I knew you would come through for me.

I have her on Sourch Naturals 16 oz powder. She was taking it with natural apple juice (very sweet) during her meals. So I will have her take it an hour after her meals at a much lower dosage and possilby some green and blue goodness smoothies or naked juice. So should it be 1/8 tsp once or twice a day?

She and my sister are sharing CHL powder. My sister experienced diziness and nausea around the same time my mother did but no vomiting. They were taking the same dosage too. My sister is now having normal symptoms so far, i.e. occasional headaches, nausea and fatigue.

Thank you Dr. LD, I will keep you posted.

Just put her at 1/8th if you can and see how it works out for a week or so then increase to 1/4th a teaspoon. then after another week she can go up from there to 1/3 a teaspoon which will be like 1 gram. It doesn't matter if she gets there fast or slow as long as she gets there! She will have gotten to 1 gram in 3 weeks, and then you can increase in increments from there. Make sure she's at no more than 3 grams by the end of the second month, because she's probably super sensitive and her system should adjust slowly. I have suggested the slower method to others sensitive online and a friend of mine that I converted to chlorella who had the same problem. The goal is just to keep tiny amounts being intorduced in the body slowly. Once the safety time is over, she can go up as she feels she should until she gets to the dose she wants to take. Also again, if she's still having this reaction she needs to discontinue. Health and safety first. HTH!

Back