Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
OK, I introduced an alcoholic friend of the family to Chlorella,three weeks ago :ohwell:

she has been taking the powder with water twice daily.
I saw her today and she says for the first time in years she has been having normal stools/BM's. She usually has very watery stools because of the alcohol intake.

She says her bones are usually very bad, when she sits on buses she usually cannot stand back up to get off the bus as her back and legs ache.

since she has been taking chlorella, her joints are not so painful..

She also has cut down dramatically on the alcohol as she feels full all the time,and does not have the desire to drink as much.her belly usually always looks 7months pregnant but it has trimmed down enormously.

she calls it her magic milkshake :giggle:she has asked me if it can help with weight gain,as her brother is desperate to gain weight,does anyone know??

i'm happy i've helped changed her life for the best, as a very horrible experience made her turn to alcohol for comfort!:(

OK, I introduced an alcoholic friend of the family to Chlorella,three weeks ago :ohwell:

I saw her today and she says for the first time in years she has been having normal stools/BM's. She usually has very watery stools because of the alcohol intake.

She says her bones are usually very bad, when she sits on buses she usually cannot stand back up to get off the bus as her back and legs ache.

She also has cut down dramatically on the alcohol as she feels full all the time,and does not have the desire to drink as much.her belly usually always looks 7months pregnant but it has trimmed down enormously.

she calls it her magic milkshake :giggle:she has asked me if it can help with weight gain,as her brother is desperate to gain weight,does anyone know??

i'm happy i've helped changed her life for the best, as a very horrible experience made her turn to alcohol for comfort!:(
What brand does she take?

Come on, AtlantaJJ, YEAH!!!:yay:That's what I'm talkin about!

I had masses of energy this morning ladies. Tidied house, worked out, all before work this morning, I was like "is this me??" Before chlorella I could barely pull myself out of bed, and would just about get to work on time!:lachen:

I'm upping to 10g today!:headspin:

Hey pookiwah!

I just love hearing stories about energy. I like that chlorella helps quality of life too.:yep:

Ive been stalking this thread for a few weeks now and i really want to join this litlle family!! I live in the uk and i dont think i can get source naturals over here. My local health food store sells the chinese chlorella is that any good? Il try searching online to find other brands. I really want to start taking it for the skin and health benefits your all having....oh and the extra hair growth obviously!!

DELETED---
Noticed pookiwah already answered. Thanks pookiwah!

Last edited:
Ive been stalking this thread for a few weeks now and i really want to join this litlle family!! I live in the uk and i dont think i can get source naturals over here. My local health food store sells the chinese chlorella is that any good? Il try searching online to find other brands. I really want to start taking it for the skin and health benefits your all having....oh and the extra hair growth obviously!!
pm jaxhair and see what she's using. I know she's in the UK. I hope it's okay with her!:yep:

Any other UK ladies, can you chime in on what brand you're using?

If you cant take more than 5 of the source natural tabs is it worth taking?How long before you see effects for CHL? Thanks
Rain 20

5 tab are about one gram. Any amount can help. It's a whole food with all the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids your body needs.

Wow that's powerful!! Now recommend AA meetings and she'll have the support she needs to handle life without booze. She may be open to going to meetings now that her thought processes may have cleared up some along with the other benefits!

Bless you for doing that for a friend! :angel:

It's another form of green and it helps fight cancer, gives energy keeps the body balanced similar to CHL. It's good for keeping hunger at bay and it's good for athletes. I'm always looking for ways to sneak in aminos...

I know what you mean about wanting the extra Greens. I have been taking the Earthrise Green Blends along with CHL/SPIR. In their blend they have: spirulina-1000mg, wheat grass-400mg, chlorella-400mg, alfalfa herb-150mg, Barley Grass-400mg and Broccoli Floret-150mg. I also just added Kelp-660mg this past week. I am oh so GREEN, and Lovin It!

Green is where's its at!! I mean, I don't even need naps now like I did in the past, even after a hard workout. I tried to take one Saturday just because I could, and because I thought I needed the rest. I just laid there and rested for a bit, I didn't pass out like I used to! :reddancer: There was a time when I would go to sleep anytime I sat still! :lol:
Come on, AtlantaJJ, YEAH!!!:yay:That's what I'm talkin about!

I had masses of energy this morning ladies. Tidied house, worked out, all before work this morning, I was like "is this me??" Before chlorella I could barely pull myself out of bed, and would just about get to work on time!:lachen:

I'm upping to 10g today!:headspin:
Come on over here Pookiwah and do some cleaning!! I am going to start my spring cleaning next weekend.

Hello chlorella bellas. I haven't posted anything in the past couple of days because I was busy getting ready to see my SO who was coming from Boston, but tell me why he had a flat tire and wasn't able to come...:sad:
My skin is doing better, taking it one step at a time, literally. Marks are fading out little by little but I'm still getting pimples. I have some which I know are related to the detoxing and a few cysts which are a monthly reoccurence. However, there are two times less cysts than last month! :yay:
I'm going to increase my dosage to 6g and hopefully I'll be able to increase again the following week. I'm still going green and lovin' it! :giggle:
Oh, as for my hair growth, I will see how much it has grown after taking off my kinky twists. I did them about a week ago and my roots already look like they're growing...may be my imagination but my temples are also filling up a little.
How long have you been taking the CHL? My skin cleared up right at about the 6 - 7 week mark. LD was right too about our diets. Take a look at what you are eating. I added some more raw foods (veggies) to my diet and that helped a great deal. Also PM me, I have another herbal remedy's that I'm using for my acne prone skin. The CHL will help you heal faster than anything however so stick with it!

My temples are definately filling in after years of wearing micro braids :shocked:

Thanks, Sheba. Wow, this was some good information! Are you a pharmacist?

Ladies, I am happy to report that I bought Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness to take with my Chlorella. OMG, this stuff is soooo good! I can't taste the powder at all. The drink has Chlorella and Spirulina as well. I can overdose on this stuff. Yummy! Thanks, girls.

f.jpeg

Sure you can! You could get the compressed tablets like these: http://www.vitacost.com/Source-Naturals-Organic-Chlorella-200-mg-600-Tablets

There are 10 tablets in a serving but the tablets are really tiny. I can easily pop several at a time when downing with water. Not as cost effective as the powder but, as Yodie pointed out, if you add in the costs of the juices to down the powder, it probably evens out.

If you decide your just crazy about the chlorella, want the cost benefits and don't have a problem with capsules, you could make your own by buying these: http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Empty-00-Gelatin-Capsules

You'd need a tool like cap-m-quick to fill the capsules: http://www.cap-m-quik.com/ProductList.asp?CID=106

With Jarrow powder, 5 capsules would hold 5 grams of chlorella with each capsule holding 1 gram. At 5 capsules per day, the empty gel caps would last 200 days. That's only about 12 cents per day incuding the cost of the cap-m-quick and the capsules. It's actually better than that, though, because your one cap-m-quick machine would not need replacement at the end of the 6+ months.

This would be great for spirulina users, too. :yep:

Last edited:
This is my 2nd day of taking my Earthwise.
I've been taking all 6 tablets at once. I don't want to forget to take them.

I urinated more frequently than usual today and drank my usual amount. No additional BMs - just my daily, morning elimination.

I can't wait to see how I feel and look after 3 months into this routine. :yay:

Ladies, I am happy to report that I bought Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness to take with my Chlorella. OMG, this stuff is soooo good! I can't taste the powder at all. The drink has Chlorella and Spirinulla as well. I can overdose on this stuff. Yummy! Thanks, girls.

f.jpeg

Yes, it is! My SO turned me on to this drink last year. Between Green Goodness and the Bolthouse Carrot Juice, I gained a ton of weight.

Be careful! :lachen:

I have a bottle in the fridge rat nah!

Just checking in!

This week I'll up my intake at 11g. I take 1/2 in the morning with my green powder and some fruit juice. I take the other 1/2 in the evening with juice, but I end up taking it too late, around 8-9pm and I think it's keeping up at night.

I had my periods, very painful, a bit more than usual, but usually I feel it coming the day of. This time around, I started feeling discomfort at least 3 days before. On a positive note, I did not breakout at all this month!!! That means no dark spots when the pimples leave! My skin is so smooth, almost like I have foundation on. The existing dark spots are also fading really fast. I'm so happy!

I got my dad, stepmom, 1 sister and my brother-in-law going green. My brother-in-law says he's already green after only 2 weeks. None of them are experimenting detox symptoms yet. I warned them to start very low.

That's it for now!

Oh, I ordered Source Naturals powder from iHerb.com. It was getting too expansive here in Canada. I ordered two 8oz. I save about $56 Cnd even when I took into account the exchange rate and shipping fees!!!:yep:

JN

Yes, I am re reading the guide on ways to thin it out . I only had 8oz of my 32oz today.

Gurrrl, one bottle lasts me almost two weeks! I drink it like LD with mostly water. I add only a quarter cup bolthouse to 1/2 cup water and shake it up in a bottle. I add two teaspoons to this mixture and sip away every morning. It's delicious to me, now!

I've been taking 3 grams a day but I'm going to increase my dosage this week. It's only been a few weeks for me but I notice that my skin's glowing. I'm having green BMs :blush: too. I'm going to talk to my parents about Chlorella. Both are diabetics. My Mom has severe allergies, high blood pressure and arthitis so I'm wondering if her doctor will give her the "Okay" to try it.

This is my 2nd day of taking my Earthwise.
I've been taking all 6 tablets at once. I don't want to forget to take them.

I urinated more frequently than usual today and drank my usual amount. No additional BMs - just my daily, morning elimination.

I can't wait to see how I feel and look after 3 months into this routine. :yay:
I thought I was trippin today when I kept running to the restroom at work I almost peed on myself one time:lachen:.

Ok ladies, I have been taking CHL & Spirulina for 6 weeks now and I need to know what I am doing wrong? (Yay for me for being consistent!!!)
In the beginning I didn't notice any major detox symptoms. I had eye boogers and that was it. I had a great energy surge on the 3rd or 4th day. My BM's have been regular, 1-2 sometimes 3 a day. My problem is, as I read through the posts, there are many women who have had weight lost (I am working out, eating well and still the same weight with CHL & Spirulina), no significant detox symptoms (no colds, achy body, headaches), nails are white & hard but haven't gained any length (ladies are cutting their nails every week), hair is filling in, growing or getting thicker (haven't noticed a change in growth or thickness or filling in), boost of energy (sometimes)...:wallbash:
There are probably a few more but I can't recall at the moment and I don't want to sound like a party pooper. I am taking 7-9 grams of CHL & 5-6 gr of Spirulina in a green shake in the am. I blend spinach, alfalfa, kale, cilantro & banana or apple with honey & coconut oil. Of course my shake varies depending on what I run out of. I work out 3-5 days a week and I have 4-6 small meals a day although the weekend I may cheat, but I don't over do it. How come I am not benefitting like you ladies????:perplexed

Ok ladies, I have been taking CHL & Spirulina for 6 weeks now and I need to know what I am doing wrong? (Yay for me for being consistent!!!)
In the beginning I didn't notice any major detox symptoms. I had eye boogers and that was it. I had a great energy surge on the 3rd or 4th day. My BM's have been regular, 1-2 sometimes 3 a day. My problem is, as I read through the posts, there are many women who have had weight lost (I am working out, eating well and still the same weight with CHL & Spirulina), no significant detox symptoms (no colds, achy body, headaches), nails are white & hard but haven't gained any length (ladies are cutting their nails every week), hair is filling in, growing or getting thicker (haven't noticed a change in growth or thickness or filling in), boost of energy (sometimes)...:wallbash:
There are probably a few more but I can't recall at the moment and I don't want to sound like a party pooper. I am taking 7-9 grams of CHL & 5-6 gr of Spirulina in a green shake in the am. I blend spinach, alfalfa, kale, cilantro & banana or apple with honey & coconut oil. Of course my shake varies depending on what I run out of. I work out 3-5 days a week and I have 4-6 small meals a day although the weekend I may cheat, but I don't over do it. How come I am not benefitting like you ladies????:perplexed

It sounds like your health is already at optimum level. Be happy!!!!

Yes, it is! My SO turned me on to this drink last year. Between Green Goodness and the Bolthouse Carrot Juice, I gained a ton of weight.

Be careful! :lachen:

I have a bottle in the fridge rat nah!

Just please make sure to add water. That's what I do and it still tastes good. Just not as thick.

Wow that's powerful!! Now recommend AA meetings and she'll have the support she needs to handle life without booze. She may be open to going to meetings now that her thought processes may have cleared up some along with the other benefits!

Bless you for doing that for a friend! :angel:

Thank you, I felt proud yesterday seeing the excitement in her eyes and her tone of voice was more positive :)

Her confidence is very low, so i doubt she'll go to AA meetings,My family have tried to help her in a number of ways.But I'll try and encourage her,even offer to follow her.

Thanks, Sheba. Wow, this was some good information! Are you a pharmacist?

Ladies, I am happy to report that I bought Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness to take with my Chlorella. OMG, this stuff is soooo good! I can't taste the powder at all. The drink has Chlorella and Spirulina as well. I can overdose on this stuff. Yummy! Thanks, girls.

f.jpeg

I was loving these when I spent some time in FL last year! Now I'm stuck on the Naked Green Machines, but they're pretty expensive. They're just so yummy. I'm gonna dilute to stretch as alot of the other ladies have done.

Another mini update:
My TOM came around with barely any warning, no pre-cramps, just mild breast tenderness, results comparable to consistent intake of EPO (evening primrose oil) to combat PMS symptoms. Anyway, my first day is usually murder, but my cramps were alot less severe!

On the hair front, I have a small area in the front on both sides where my hair is very thin, in fact almost as though my hairline was receding at those two points (many years of wearing my ponies and puffs too tight :perplexed). I checked my hairline this morning, and in one of those little spots is an inch of very fine NG!! I didn't really notice it because the front of my hair is in canerows and I just thought my hair was getting messy, but I pulled the little fuzzy area today, and was pleasantly surprised!

Go CHL/nettle/EOs!!! :grin:

How long have you been taking the CHL? My skin cleared up right at about the 6 - 7 week mark. LD was right too about our diets. Take a look at what you are eating. I added some more raw foods (veggies) to my diet and that helped a great deal. Also PM me, I have another herbal remedy's that I'm using for my acne prone skin. The CHL will help you heal faster than anything however so stick with it!

My temples are definately filling in after years of wearing micro braids :shocked:
Well, I've only been taking CHL for 3 weeks so I guess it's too early to see any more change in my skin appearance...I'm SO IMPATIENT!!! :look: I want to be able to wear light to no makeup at all by June, so I'm literally scrutinizing my skin for any sign of improvement.
As for my diet, I don't think I can do more about. I eat fresh fruits and/or veggies at every meal, my sweet tooth has quieted down so sugar isn't the issue anymore, I don't eat a lot of carbs either, I limit my consumption of red meat to a bare minimun (only when my momma cooks it...:lick:), I eat mostly chicken, eggs (no more than twice a week) and fish, in other words, my diet is as balanced as it's ever been! I'm gonna have to be more patient I guess :ohwell:...I think my body and my skin in particular take a while to metabolize anything but the wrong stuff.
I'll PM you in a while!

Back