Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
doesn't wheatgrass have a lot of chlorella in it????

Hey Kuwait! Chlorella and wheatgrass are two different plants. I use the term "plant" loosely, because chlorella is actually a single celled organism. Wheat Grass is an alkaline green leafy vegetable. Chlorella is a single-celled freshwater algae. Both have chlorophyll in them but Chlorella has the most of any.

Definitely take a gander at the first two posts in this thread to learn more about the benefits. There are many for some and we all hope that one of them is increased hair growth! :blush2:

:arrowup: I just got some barley grass powder to throw into my morning shake for good measure. :up:

I working to go towards more raw. I would love to juice one day...when my life is less hectic.

:arrowup: I just got some barley grass powder to throw into my morning shake for good measure. :up:

I working to go towards more raw. I would love to juice one day...when my life is less hectic.

What are the benefits of barley powder?

I was adding organic spinach to my shake. Just wondering if there was another "green" that was more beneficial. My body is tired of trying to break down undigestable foods. I need to really get back to my shake for breakfast and dinner.

Last edited:
What are the benefits of barley powder?

I was adding organic spinach to my shake. Just wondering if there was another "green" that was more beneficial. My body is tired of trying to break down undigestable foods. I need to really get back to my shake for breakfast and dinner.
It's another form of green and it helps fight cancer, gives energy keeps the body balanced similar to CHL. It's good for keeping hunger at bay and it's good for athletes. I'm always looking for ways to sneak in aminos...

It's just something I want to try to complement my healthy eating habits.

Here's a link.

http://www.lovelyhealth.com/barley_grass.htm
http://www.healingcancernaturally.co...-medicine.html

Trust me, you did the right thing. I work in Customer Service and once they confirmed delivery of the merch...they may have "flagged" your account. Go ahead and call corporate to resolve the matter. Be sure to get names of people you speak with too. HTH.

Thanks for the advice.

It's another form of green and it helps fight cancer, gives energy keeps the body balanced similar to CHL. It's good for keeping hunger at bay and it's good for athletes. I'm always looking for ways to sneak in aminos...

I know what you mean about wanting the extra Greens. I have been taking the Earthrise Green Blends along with CHL/SPIR. In their blend they have: spirulina-1000mg, wheat grass-400mg, chlorella-400mg, alfalfa herb-150mg, Barley Grass-400mg and Broccoli Floret-150mg. I also just added Kelp-660mg this past week. I am oh so GREEN, and Lovin It!

I know what you mean about wanting the extra Greens. I have been taking the Earthrise Green Blends along with CHL/SPIR. In their blend they have: spirulina-1000mg, wheat grass-400mg, chlorella-400mg, alfalfa herb-150mg, Barley Grass-400mg and Broccoli Floret-150mg. I also just added Kelp-660mg this past week. I am oh so GREEN, and Lovin It!

Sounds good. I definitely want to add another green powder to my diet. Maybe I'll try the Earthrise brand.

I just went to wash the makeup off my face and OMG, is my skin smooth. I put some olive oil on my face and my hands just glided straight across. I am in awe right now. The oil literally had no where to go and I could feel it just sitting there.

Truly, truly amazed is what I am right now.

Thank goodness for this thread and the people who add to it daily. You guys are a godsend.

Talk about hair and nail growth, CHLORELLA is the truth! My daughter wears cornrows one week off the next, and so on. Well her braids look like they have been in 3wks or more, they are so lifted due to new growth!

Her nails I have to cut weekly because they grow so fast! The kiddos have no complaints, they are happy to be GREEN!

I am trying to get my 18yo son on board, he is so skeptical about everything! He needs it for his skin, but he just won't do it, so far for him its the smell. I will keep trying. GREEN is Good.

I tried to read this whole thread and I got up to page 35 and gave up. Just bought my source naturals pwder and I can't ait to start seeing results. I'm more interested in the detoxing properties, but hair and nair growth are always a plus

I tried to read this whole thread and I got up to page 35 and gave up. Just bought my source naturals pwder and I can't ait to start seeing results. I'm more interested in the detoxing properties, but hair and nair growth are always a plus

Welcome! You have chosen an excellent brand of Chlorella. You will be well pleased once you start seeing results. Much success to you as you begin your GREEN journey!

OK, I notice when i go to a restaraunt (twice now)i feel very very full then when i get
home,
i have atleast three bowel movements but still feel full...lol

my sisters and mom reported the same thing.

Also, we have all noticed if you dont have much water in the day, the very next day you get a pimple that dissapears after 24 hours!!!

They have all "gne green"this week :)

ok, when using the chlorella mask, avoid the eye area or you will getan extreme case of boogers in the morning!! :yep:

I like to report that I have new growth all over my head at the roots about 1 inch worth, even around my edges, at the temples. and they are coming in as perfect little coils :shocked: I noticed last night after doing my henna! :thud:

ETA:
I mean new hairs, I am natural so I don't mean post relaxer new growth

Come on, AtlantaJJ, YEAH!!!:yay:That's what I'm talkin about!

I had masses of energy this morning ladies. Tidied house, worked out, all before work this morning, I was like "is this me??" Before chlorella I could barely pull myself out of bed, and would just about get to work on time!:lachen:

I'm upping to 10g today!:headspin:

Last edited:
Ive been stalking this thread for a few weeks now and i really want to join this litlle family!! I live in the uk and i dont think i can get source naturals over here. My local health food store sells the chinese chlorella is that any good? Il try searching online to find other brands. I really want to start taking it for the skin and health benefits your all having....oh and the extra hair growth obviously!!

Ive been stalking this thread for a few weeks now and i really want to join this litlle family!! I live in the uk and i dont think i can get source naturals over here. My local health food store sells the chinese chlorella is that any good? Il try searching online to find other brands. I really want to start taking it for the skin and health benefits your all having....oh and the extra hair growth obviously!!

Hey, another UK chica! Welcome to the chlorella parteeeeeee!

I bought the Sun Chlorella tablets - quite expensive but I have been seeing the results so far (taking for 1 month). LD advises against using Chinese chlorella as they have different standards of production there and the chlorella can be corrupted. Best to look for a Japanese Yaeyama. If you do find the Source Naturals anywhere, pls let me know!

I bought the Sun Chlorella tablets - quite expensive but I have been seeing the results so far (taking for 1 month). LD advises against using Chinese chlorella as they have different standards of production there and the chlorella can be corrupted. Best to look for a Japanese Yaeyama. If you do find the Source Naturals anywhere, pls let me know!

hey pookiwah! also nice to see a uk lady! can i ask what benefits you've seen from taking the tablets and side effects?

Sorry for the delay in reply, had to do some actual work! :lachen:

My journey with chlorella so far:
-Have 'gone green' in the BM department
-Clearer smoother skin, dark spots lightening up (waiting for it to get better and better with more time!)
-Mad amounts of energy
-General feeling of wellbeing
-Significant decrease in sweating
-Change in body odour (including BMs) no bad smells
-Nails becoming whiter and tougher
-Hair growth has been boosted, but can't all be attributed to CHL as I'm doing other things (scalp massages with EOs, drinking nettle tea daily)
-Gassy with initial doses and everytime I upped my intake

Last edited:
Hello chlorella bellas. I haven't posted anything in the past couple of days because I was busy getting ready to see my SO who was coming from Boston, but tell me why he had a flat tire and wasn't able to come...:sad:
My skin is doing better, taking it one step at a time, literally. Marks are fading out little by little but I'm still getting pimples. I have some which I know are related to the detoxing and a few cysts which are a monthly reoccurence. However, there are two times less cysts than last month! :yay:
I'm going to increase my dosage to 6g and hopefully I'll be able to increase again the following week. I'm still going green and lovin' it! :giggle:
Oh, as for my hair growth, I will see how much it has grown after taking off my kinky twists. I did them about a week ago and my roots already look like they're growing...may be my imagination but my temples are also filling up a little.

welcome :wave: http://www.iherb.com delivers to the UK in 3 days:yep:
chinese chlorella is no good!!

Hey..im in London I found Source Naturals tabs on Ebay. I also found the powder on another site- but i cant remember which one it was. I think i just googled it. HTH:yep:

Hey..im in London I found Source Naturals tabs on Ebay. I also found the powder on another site- but i cant remember which one it was. I think i just googled it. HTH:yep:

Another green UK lady! :hiya3: Thanks for this, will come in handy when I run out of Sun tablets, but I bought a whole lot so it will be a while from now....

OK - I am still taking about 4-6 grams a day. i'm regular, appetite is not out of control, but am not achieving any hair growth. I generally get about a lil under a half inch a month. i'm still at that rate of growth.

If you cant take more than 5 of the source natural tabs is it worth taking?How long before you see effects for CHL? Thanks
Rain 20

Back