HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

@IDareT'sHair :yay: Thanks, T!

So yeah, I think Imma be gettin me some pequi verrah, verrah soon.

tiffers Did you look at all those Oils FNWL has on Sale for Summa'? They have some nice ones.:lick: I was lookin' at that Rice Bran and another one, but I said I wasn't buyin' any more oils until next year.

But check out that Sale on those Oils. They all sound good.:grin:

Pequi Oil - SAVE 30%

Pequi Oil, Caryocar braziliensis, possesses a unique combination of essential fatty acids and is highly emollient, making it an effective moisturizer for products intended to heal dry and cracked skin, eczema and psoriasis. It can also be used in the production of specialty soaps intended to aid skin conditions. When used in hair care formulations, Pequi Oil helps smooth the hair cuticle to increase smoothness and shine and decrease frizziness.

Virgin Plum Kernel Oil, also known as Prune Kernel Oil, is gaining worldwide attention for its nutritive role within both cosmeceutical and culinary applications.

Plum Kernel Oil demonstrates the dramatic ability to nourish, moisturize and improve skin elasticity and restore the health of damaged hair. Its light texture, quick absorption and delicate fruity/almond-like aroma complements the finest specialty cosmeceutical products.

Our Virgin Plum Kernel Oil is pressed from fresh, flavorful non-genetically modified kernels of the Prunus Domestica (Plum) tree. It is 100% pure with no solvents or additives used in its manufacture.

Info from FNWL for those wondering...

ETA: I HATE THE FNWL SITE. I always go there to look at one thing and then I close the tab with a long list of things to try. SMH. I should know better... I'm still a recovering PJ and IJ (Ingredient Junkie). :ohwell:

Last edited:
If its not too late, I would like to join this leg.

I will be using
Castor Oil-scalp massage 1x weekly.

Coconut Oil-daily sealing.

Hot Six Oil-weekly pre-poo w/ heat.

Received my 2 bottles of jojoba oil today from Judy4all. So ready for my oil rinse this weekend. She also sent me an oil combo which will be great for some hots.

Did a simple wash tonight with no extras but did put a little of my oil blend on my crown. My crown hair is much better but I need to get to work on it for the fall and see if I can get a complete healing by December :yep:

Oil rinsed with castor oil, CW w/TJ Tea Tree Tingle and layered in my leave in (aloe vera gelly, KCKT, evoo/wheat germ oil). Did 2 strand twists with SM Smoothie, sealed with a little more castor oil/hemp seed oil. Now I am letting it airdry a little then I will put the ends on satin rollers. You would think my hair would be an oily mess, but I know in the morning my hair will be soft and shiny. Also oiled my scalp w/castor oil.

Hey everyone! Used vatika frosting to prepoo the other day. I forgot how much I loved prepooing!

I have purchased some oils (on a whim) and I really like how my hair feel and the shine.

monoi de tahiti oil
argan oil
wheat germ oil
castor oil
almond oil
hairveda cocasta shikakai oil
jojoba oil
shea butter oil
coconut oil
red pimento oil

I am going to try these for the next few months.

I sealed with my mix of avocado oil/hempseed oil/grapeseed oil last night. Tonight will do a scalp massage with castor.

Yesterday I was in my local indian market when I came across some red palm oil. I was so tempted to buy it, but I wasn't sure if it would be good for my hair. Has anyone ever tried it?

Moisturized this a.m. with PuraBody Naturals Sapote Hair Lotion.

Moisturized this evening with Marie Dean Amala Hair Cream.

Sealed with Hydratherma Naturals Oil

Yesterday I was in my local indian market when I came across some red palm oil. I was so tempted to buy it, but I wasn't sure if it would be good for my hair. Has anyone ever tried it?

Ms_CoCo37 I had a Manufactured Pre-Poo Treatment that Was Red Palm Butter and I really liked it.

Never tried the Oil. Check For Nature With Love. I think they have a write up on Palm Oil. :yep:

JerriBlank Don't Be Runnin' Up in here doing No Booty Pops!:lol:

Where You Been?:wave:

*pops it all up thru this thread*
:lachen:
Hey guys!:wave: . I've been working two jobs,so I slowed up on posting for a bit,but i am way more comfortable with my schedule now,so I'm tryna be all up in this!:grin:

I've been in braids all summer, and tried to keep up with oil rinsing simultaneously. That was a NO GO! Also,I cannot find a bomb diggity braid spray since my staple has been "new and improved," see; shot to hayle. Companies suck with all of that reformulating mess!
Anyhoo,I decided to make my own. I mixed some aloe juice in some organic sapote oil(my current staple oil), added a healthy amount of that Tiiva growth oil(I tried to make sure the sulfur didn't make it into my spray though), some argan oil,left over sapote castor oil from Anita Grant, some glycerin,and purified water. I have been using this,and I almost absolutely love it! I'm gonna mess with it some more,but I'm using it everyday,and for thw demainder of the time I'm braided up.
This is how I will be incorporating my oils into my braid reggie. My hair never feels dry to thw touch,and I can add as much of the good stuff as I want. I am loving that Pura Body Organic Sapote oil,by the way! Anyone else try it?

Last edited:
Just ran thru my hair with a mix of JBCO, Emu, and hemp seed. That seems like a weird mix but I love it!

Back