HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

Got my oils list for the fall.

Scalp oils: Pomegranate, Red Raspberry, Pumpkin, Castor mix
Hair: Avocado, Pequi, Argan, Camellia, Sunflower
Butter: my butters mix, Mango Butter, Cupuacu

My goal is to use these up by the end of year before my next haul. I'm going back to a 2x week hair schedule.

Got my oils list for the fall.

Scalp oils: Pomegranate, Red Raspberry, Pumpkin, Castor mix
Hair: Avocado, Pequi, Argan, Camellia, Sunflower
Butter: my butters mix, Mango Butter, Cupuacu

My goal is to use these up by the end of year before my next haul. I'm going back to a 2x week hair schedule.

Minty So are you using these up my 12/31? Or are you buying these? What is your plan?:look:

Please explain?

Did an oil treatment today: WGO, Coconut, avocado, hemp, olive & amla...I topped it off with a Delightful DC and steam and wowzers...I have to do this process more often:yep: My hair feels great and there was hardly any hair in the shower-hair-catcher:look:

Scalp massage with mix of coconut, lavender, eucalyptus, tea tree, and vitamin E oils.

My SD is staying under control. This mix is in my life to stay. :yep:

I plan to restock on coconut, grapeseed :lick:, and jojoba oil towards the end of the month, and purchase some peppermint oil. I've been dying to try it for weeks.

IDareT'sHair They are on my rotation to use till 12/31.

Its just my way of keeping up with my oils inventory, and make sure they get used up before the expiration date. Those high nutrient oils don't last long, so I try to use them within a year's time.

The new year will get a new list in rotation, and the oils used up will probably get repurchased.

Today I used Bonner brothers pine tar grease with potion for pre poo, co washed with the mix I am trying to use up and move on. Oil rinsed with caster oil, too shea, and my shea butter mix. Finished the whole thing with my home made accidental wash and go lotion, was trying to make a gel.

That castor oil did me a world of good, balancing out protein overload. My hair feels strong and somewhat soft, just the way I like it. I think I am going to use castor oil whenever I do a protein from now on.

I filtered last few ounces of castor, mustard and sesame oils infused with amla, brahmi, henna and maka. I put the oil soaked herbs into a bowl, added amla powder, ayurvedic tea and honey and let it marinate for an hour. The paste was uber thick. I applied it to hair freshly washed with raw African black soap and conditioned for 4 hours. The paste washed out easily with water and left my hair feeling very strong, without dryness. I conditioner washed with Giovanni Route 66 and detangled with Joico Moisture Recovery. I applied coconut oil to edges, sectioned hair, applied Ojon restorative treatment from root to tip and made braid twists.

Well what I've read so far is oils high in oleic acid should not be used on the scalp. Plum is very high in oleic acid. It will use it as a hair oil sealant only.

I hope it gets here this soon. I got the shipping notice....That will have to be put on rotation too. Thanks for reminding me!

uh I know I just got a relaxer this morning but I am going to sleep with EVOO on my hair before I dye it with henna+indigo tomorrow.

Oil rinsed with castor oil after a heavy protein tx. My hair felt instantly soft, that never happens after the Aohogee 2 step treatment. Then cowashed with Natures Gate Aloe Vera which made my hair even softer. I guess I didn't really need a DC, but I am doing one now.

Yesterday I oil rinsed with hemp oil, added it to my ayurvedic paste and sealed with it also. Massaged scalp with Claudie's Elixir. I promised my mama a bottle of Claudie's Elixir and why she getting all demanding now. I better give mama her stuff this week :giggle:.

Yesterday I oil rinsed with hemp oil, added it to my ayurvedic paste and sealed with it also. Massaged scalp with Claudie's Elixir. I promised my mama a bottle of Claudie's Elixir and why she getting all demanding now. I better give mama her stuff this week :giggle:.

Shay72 You Know You Need to stop Playin'. :lol:

Angelicus

I did the Olive Oil Soak last Relaxer. A friend of mine in NY swears by doing an Olive Oil soak after a relaxer, so I tried it this time.:yep:

I really liked it and will incorporate this step into my Relaxer Regi.

I only kept the Olive Oil on for about an hour tho'.

Ladies, I have a quick question. Whats the best finishing oil for blinging hair? I mean, if you were about to walk out the door to go out, and you noticed your hair looking a tad bit dull, what oil would you reach for to add a high gloss finish without messing up your style?

Ladies, I have a quick question. Whats the best finishing oil for blinging hair? I mean, if you were about to walk out the door to go out, and you noticed your hair looking a tad bit dull, what oil would you reach for to add a high gloss finish without messing up your style?

@LaidBak

I'd reach for Darcy's Botanicals Cherry, Peach, Watermelon, Apricot Oil Spritz OR....

more easily available Shea Moisture Restorative Exlir with is also an Oil Spritz that smells really good.:grin:

All just a very light Oil Mist.:lick:

*GOOD QUESTION*:yep:

Moisturized with nbd cosmetics Creamy Mango Hair Balm w/Green Tea Extract.

Sealed it Off with Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil:lick:

Did an overnight prepoo with Neem oil mix. OMG that stuff stank but I was exhausted. My hair felt so soft after washing today and my scalp looks so good:)

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];14165641]winona

Hey Lady! :hiya:

Hope things are going well!

Hola:) Classes are off the chain but I am so excited. I love pharmocology:) Nursing School won't be easy but it will be well worth it in the end.

My hair after a twist and curl is SOFT and BLINGING!!!! I LOVE castor oil! Sealed with it (on top of SM curl enhancing Smoothie) and it never fails me! Seals in all that goodness! I can even see my reddish brown color from my henna tx. I love my hair today! I was even inspired to purchase more hair accessories. :)

washed, dc'd and shea butter'd up my hair yesterday and put it in 4 braids before i went to bed. today i oiled it up with some wonder 8 oil:look: i'm trying to use up..my naps are shiny and soft:lick:

slathered my twists in some oyin burnt sugar pomade that i stretched with some castor oil & cocoa butter. along with my hair being happier because of the protection & lubrication, i think this is what helped my last twist takedown/detangle session be so successful.

I haven't been checking in, but I'm still using my oils faithfully. I pre-poo with just AVJ + coconut oil now. I mix rice bran, flax seed, and safflower oils into my shampoo when I use liquid shampoo. I add argan, castor, grapeseed, coconut, and jojoba oils to my homemade DCs. And I seal 3-4x/wk with castor oil. I'm using up all of my oils before I buy anymore, but next on my list is avocado oil and wheat germ oil.

Oooh I want in :) I use a mixture of jojoba, coconut, and almond oil on my scalp. A few drops of peppermint essential oil is nice too. Once in a while, I'll mix in Neem oil (but I do not like the smell - ugh). When I oil my hair prior to shampooing, I use coconut oil.

Back