HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

I oiled my scalp and gave myself a scalp massage before applying my DC. I will continue to do this. But I have also decided to oil my scalp as the first step after rinsing out my DC. I want to incorporate oil rinses as well but need to figure out the best way to do this.

I really liked placing the oil in a sink of water but I really need to decide if I am committed to doing that with every wash. My initial feeling is that it will be the only way that satisfieds me. Will try it next weekend and see.

Rinse hair saturated with Ojon restorative oil
Giovanni 50:50 shampoo
Rinse for several minutes
Apply mix of oils to soaking wet hair (brahmi, hibiscus, shikakai) and detangle with shower comb
Apply henna gloss (Dulhan henna mixed with conditioner & olive oil)
Cover hair with plastic cap

Rinse hair saturated with Ojon restorative oil
Giovanni 50:50 shampoo
Rinse for several minutes
Apply mix of oils to soaking wet hair (brahmi, hibiscus, shikakai) and detangle with shower comb
Apply henna gloss (Dulhan henna mixed with conditioner & olive oil)
Cover hair with plastic cap

choctaw Is the Ojon good for pre-pooing only, or can it be used as a sealant? Thanks...

Happy Hair Growing!

choctaw Is the Ojon good for pre-pooing only, or can it be used as a sealant? Thanks...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita,

It is great for sealing but I don't like the "ash tray" smell so I switched to using it as a pre-poo; it was not too bad under a plastic cap. Please note that not every one finds the smell offensive.

Lita,

It is great for sealing but I don't like the "ash tray" smell so I switched to using it as a pre-poo; it was not too bad under a plastic cap. Please note that not every one finds the smell offensive.

choctaw Thank you...I just put this & the ojon mask on my Christmas wish list...

Happy Hair Growing!

I oil rinsed with castor/sunflower/red palm oils last night...used castor/argan on top of aubrey organics hsr to seal for braids

Last edited:
Rinsed out henna gloss in shower
Applied hibiscus infused olive oil to soaking wet hair
detangled with shower comb under running water
Applied Joico moisture recovery conditioner and combed through hair under running water
Rinsed hair with water, rinsed with diluted catnip fenugreek tea
Applied hibiscus infused olive oil to soaking wet hair
Massage scalp, remove shed hairs and distribute oil with denman brush
Made 3 celie braids to dry

Mist hair with warm water/Moisturize with Darcy's (sweet cocoa bean) curl smoothing cream/ applied Sevenfold hair butter on ends/Sealed with rice bran..Lightly oiled my scalp with HT..Oiled edges with peppermint pomade...

Happy Hair Growing!

Haven't posted in awhile. My hair has been in 4 twists-but wetting and sealing hair every few days with water and castor oil. Oiling scalp with castor oil as well. Need to step it up for the winter.

These dayum phone apps-can't thank, can't see animated gifs and often can't see avatars.

Oiled my scalp with a castor oil blend, and massaged it in especially in my problem sections. I will try to oil my problem sections nightly. My hair doesn't like the extra oil but my scalp does.

Oiled my scalp with my castor oil mix and gave myself a quick gentle massage. I probably should seal my ends but I've put my hair up already. Will try to make sure I do it in the morning.

Used ceramide oil blend to seal yesterday after coWashing and applying leave in. My hair feels so lovely:) So soft, non greasy and blingin out of control:)

Monday I massaged my scalp with CR growth serum and M&S with Claudie's satin and hemp oil.

Today I oil rinsed and M&S with hair dew and cocasta oil

I haven't posted in a while but I am still oiling. I misted my hair today with water and oiled my scalp with jojoba and avocado oil mixed with peppermint EO.

Back