HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

Wash Day. Used Pequi Oil with my Leave-In. Will apply Castor/Mega-Tek Mixture to Nape and Moisturize the rest with Purabody Naturals Murmuru Hair Lotion.

Oiled Up with Saravun Castor Oil Hair Dressing Mixed with Mega-Tek. Applied to Nape Area.

Moisturized the rest with Saravun Broccoli Seed Hair Cream

Rubbed some Claudie's Grandma Louise Pomade mixed with hemp oil on my naked, wet hair. It feels so soft and luscious right now. :lick:

Sooo,I am intrigued by NappyNelle's sulfur + oyin pomade hybrid,and i will be trying that.:look:
Especially since I am braiding my hair back up,and the sulfur dries my hair out. That scares me since it can get under that knot and cause breakage,so a pomade applied directly to the scalp would be so much better.
Thanks for sharing that trick lady!!

I just put some Camille Rose serum on my scalp and massaged it in. I have JBCO and Hydratherma Naturals on my hair.

JerriBlank

What will you add to your Mix if you decide to make?

IDareT'sHair,see I don't know. And I am definitely making it.:look:
Awesome idea. I fux with you ladies! Lol.
I don't have any good smelling oils like NappyNelle does,so I'm gonna go visit my health stores and see if one of them has anything I can use. They always have nice smelling oils,and I hope to find one with good ingredients too. Any recs?

I'm using safflower oil, olive oil and jojoba oil. I add lime essential oil for a fresh smell. It smells wonderful. Sorta like something from Origins.

Last edited:
On my last wash day (monday) I oiled my scalp and sealed my ends with my castor/neem/teatree/peppermint oil mix. I used my hempseed/avocado/grapeseed oil mix.

I don't apply my oils again for the week. Once I make my twists for the week that's it. This last time around out of braids I have found a nice way of doing my twists, such that they don't feel OR look dry. Also my scalp doesn't dry and flake with this lastest scalp oil mix. I haven't felt the NEED to remoisturise daily like I did before.....twists are still springy, soft and mosturised.

Last edited:
I applied my MoeGro oil last night. I added some EO's: lavendar, rosemary, thyme, and cedarwood before applying

On a bad note: I broke my bottle of sage on my counter and take it from me, that mess is super strong.

I really want to do a scalp massage but its hard to do in twist. And I'm not taking my twist out for another week so I will have to wait :sad: But I am glad that I am appreciating my oils and my scalp massages more. :yep:

Oil rinsed with sunflower and castor oil. Added Sea Buckthorn and meadow foam to my HV Sitrinullah. MT and hairdrenaline potion on scalp.

JerriBlank. Lol @ you 'fux' with us! I'm on my phone, so I can't be as thorough as I would like, but if I didn't have the oyin pomade to doctor up, I would:

Find Kemi Oyl at a local BSS. (This stuff smells great, but there are no ingredients listed. All I know is that it is NOT mineral oil because of the texture and consistency.)
Melt down 4oz of coconut oil. Mix in 1oz each of castor and grapeseed oils vigourously. Add 1tsp sulfur by mixing vigourously. Add 1oz Kemi Oyl. Test scent. If it smells good, add one more oz grapeseed oil. If it still smells funky, add another oz of Kemi Oyl. Mix vigorously a final time. All mix to solidify at room temperature.

I hope that helps/makes sense. My phone is wonky with LHCF.

ETA: Just moisturized with Oyin's Juices & Berries; did a scalp massage with sulfur pomade and sealed ends with pomade. Making herbal oil infusions is a bit more work than mixing sulfur into a ceramides based pomade, but I do wonder if I'm losing out on my burdock and nettles. :ohwell: The pomade smells a billion times better and will last twice as long because it doesn't run down my ears and neck when I'm rushing. Plus the sulfur is suspended instead of settling at the bottom.

Wash Day. Used Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Exlir with my Leave-In. Will Moisturize with something and use JBCO for a massage & to seal.

I soaked my hair in my stinky mix of JBCO, garlic, amla, brahmi, etc. under a plastic cap overnight. Then I did my wash routine. Sealed up with Hydratherma Naturals.

I have been going a little thicker lately for my sealing. It is probably because I feel bad that I only seal my hair max 2 times a week. Today I used WG pomade(homemade) to seal my ends over GVP The Conditioner Leave In before doing a curlformer set:) with long extra wide

Back