His Birthday is coming up this weekend,What should I do?

FemmeFatale

We've only been dating for 3 weeks and his birthday is this Sat. He already asked to take me out that day and I'm excited as hayle because I really like him.

What should I do that's thoughtful, sweet, yet not too much? I've never has a new man's bday pop up so soon, at least not one that I really like :look:

Last edited:
I would just pay for dinner or buy him s nice drink. It's only been a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

I agree with the other posters...whatever you do, make sure it's minimal. Buy him a drink or dessert at the restaurant.

Would you have an opportunity to bring him breakfast (bagel and coffee) or something small like that?

I'm team drink/dessert and keep it going. Especially if you're busy and the relationship is so new.

I like this thread. I'm always interested in gifting SO threads. Thanks, OP.

I'm team drink/dessert and keep it going. Especially if you're busy and the relationship is so new.

I like this thread. I'm always interested in gifting SO threads. Thanks, OP.

It's not that easy, he doesn't drink and he watches his diet heavy (he's shredded :blush:).

Since he works out heavy, maybe a sweat towel with his name on it? We have a little shop here that will make and put iron transfers on anything. You could find out his favorite color, buy a little towel in that color and get his name put on it for about 15 bucks.

Or you could get him a ShakeWeight as a cute little joke. :lol:

he would get a "happy birthday" and a smile from me but i don't think buying dinner would be inappropriate.

tiffers that pic is creeping me the hell out but i can't stop looking at it and laughing.:rofl:

I would just get him a nice card then, something cute and a little flirty.

ETA: I didn't see Bublin's post when I posted. But yeah, I agree with her.

It's only been 3 weeks and everything is fresh. You are the biggest prize and present there is in the dating process. At this point he's going to be more excited about you showing up to his birthday than anything you buy.

The card, or cute gift is like the cherry on top of you lol. Go small and don't over think it imo.

Last edited:
It's only been 3 weeks and everything is fresh. You are the biggest prize and present there is in the dating process. At this point he's going to be more excited about you showing up to his birthday than anything you buy. The card, or cute gift is like the cherry on top of you lol. Go small and don't over think it imo.

Thank you for putting that into perspective for me.

Do men like cards? My dude hates them and always "misplace them" even my brothers get rid of cards.

I agree with InchHighPrivateEye a cupcake is a nice gesture.

If he doesn't like sweets how about:
a bamboo plant
a book- rich dad/poor dad ( Robert Kiyosaki) or My Song (Harry Belafonte)
a dvd of a show he's mentioned- I got someone the first season of Martin

Do men like cards? My dude hates them and always "misplace them" even my brothers get rid of cards.

I agree with InchHighPrivateEye a cupcake is a nice gesture.

If he doesn't like sweets how about:
a bamboo plant
a book- rich dad/poor dad ( Robert Kiyosaki) or My Song (Harry Belafonte)
a dvd of a show he's mentioned- I got someone the first season of Martin

I know my DH doesn't necessarily like a card, but he loves the handwritten message I write in them. You could save money and write it on a piece of paper. :lol:

A cupcake would not be a thoughtful gift if he is into bodybuilding and strict about his diet.

Since he works out heavy, maybe a sweat towel with his name on it? We have a little shop here that will make and put iron transfers on anything. You could find out his favorite color, buy a little towel in that color and get his name put on it for about 15 bucks.

Or you could get him a ShakeWeight as a cute little joke. :lol:

I like this idea!!

I would get him nothing tangible. Personally, I don't like giving tangible gifts unless I'm in a committed relationship.

With that said, what about a movie, show, or walk along the beach or something like that since he's not into sweets.

I know my DH doesn't necessarily like a card, but he loves the handwritten message I write in them. You could save money and write it on a piece of paper. :lol:

A cupcake would not be a thoughtful gift if he is into bodybuilding and strict about his diet.

I'm still salty about SO throwing away the cards I gave him. I have nice penmanship and I know calligraphy, dude doesn't care :nono:

Yeah, the cupcake isn't "thoughtful" and wouldn't be the best choice for her guy but cupcakes in general are "cute" gifts. They fall into the "I want you to know I know it's your birthday and I want to give you something but I don't want to do too much" kind of gift.

I think the card idea sounds nice, but what kind of message does one write for someone they've only known/ been dating for 3 weeks? I wouldn't know what to say.

Though I DID see a card months ago where the front message said: You are not bad:giggle: I thought that was cute and says "I like you" in a tongue-in-cheek way.

Otherwise, I'm pro cupcake (or other small gift) and looking cute. The idea of doing something elaborate for a man causes me a lot of anxiety:lol: so that would be the easiest for me and still thoughtful.

I like the breakfast and cupcake ideas. Esp the cup cake. Make it from scratch, dress it up n make it look cute, put it in a box with a bow and a card stating you made it bc he's special, superman, whatever floats the ego yada yada. Hand it to him dressed in slutty instagram couture lol

I think a card is more sentimental than a small tangible gift like a cupcake or something. What do you write to someone you've only known for such a short time that doesn't sound cheesy and over the top?

I say keep it light and playful... say first round of drinks is on me and toast to his birthday :yep:

Back