His Birthday is coming up this weekend,What should I do?

If you knew his love language this would be easy. If he is a words of affirmation guy then he would appreciate a thoughtful card. If he is a physical touch person then he would enjoy tons of hugs and affection more than the card. If he is quality time, you just being with him all day would mean the world without a card or anything. You get the idea.....

Does he drink coffee or tea every morning?

How about a cute (yet manly) coffee mug. That way, he'll think about you every day when he drinks out of it!

It's only been 3 weeks and everything is fresh. You are the biggest prize and present there is in the dating process. At this point he's going to be more excited about you showing up to his birthday than anything you buy. The card, or cute gift is like the cherry on top of you lol. Go small and don't over think it imo.

^^^ this!
Especially since he asked to take YOU out on HIS bday

Have u known him much longer than the three wks youve been datg? If not keep it really simple. U may set the bar higher than necessary for the next gift givg event

Last edited:
I got him a GNC gift card, $50. We're going to an Ethiopian spot for dinner, he made all the plans.

I'll post an update later, lol.

What? :look::look: I don't like giving gift cards less than that amount.

FemmeFatale

I don't think she was responding specifically to the dollar amount. lol

It was just totally unexpected is all. This thread had +40 posts discussing cupcakes, cards, breakfast and clothing.....Then all of a sudden here you come way out of left field outa nowhere with "I got him a GNC gift card, $50." End of statement.. Then rolled out. :lachen:

No one saw that one coming. huh? why? where did that come from? he likes GNC?..... so many questions....:spinning::lol:

Anyway, hopefully he appreciated your effort and consideration to celebrate his birthday. After 3 weeks you didnt have to get him anything. It was sweet of you. Hope he had a happy birthday and you two had a good time.

^lol she mentioned that he's very health conscious.

gotcha.

well good grief......

Christmas is coming. Write a note inside an xmas card and tape a candy candy to the envelope. wear a santa hat and fishnets if you insist on adding extra.

unless you're picking up coffee for both of you on your way to work or a stopping for a bottle of wine on your way to get some don't you buy that man another thing til his next birthday lol:lol:

I just realized....so this man is a Sagittarius and the baby?!

He's an arsehole. :lachen:

Might be perfect for you tho. lol

the last Aquarius woman + Sagittarius man couple I know ended up getting married. Then decided to stay married for 53 more years until he passed away from cancer a few years ago.:hug2:

the even creepier part is that she's a middle child and he was the youngest.

eery coincidence.

it's too soon to think about all of that, just a random thought that came to mind.lol but you neva know. Good luck!

Last edited:
Nah it was the amount for me. :lol: the gift card was cute and thoughtful but I personally think the amount was too much.

Lmao. It was both the amount and everything Barbie said. Like, you didn't take our advice at all, girl :lol: that's cool-your gift was thoughtful and I hope he enjoyed it. I cosign Barbie's comments about Christmas gifting but don't mind us :look:

I agree with what everyone is saying, and wanted to say something similar, but I also wanted to support the OP. In the end it's her life and her money. I personally would not spend $50 on someone I was dating for such a short period of time, but I have done other things early on that someone else might not do either. I just hope everything works out and she gets everything she's hoping for.

I agree with what everyone is saying, and wanted to say something similar, but I also wanted to support the OP. In the end it's her life and her money. I personally would not spend $50 on someone I was dating for such a short period of time, but I have done other things early on that someone else might not do either. I just hope everything works out and she gets everything she's hoping for.

ITA. I just always warn women about spending too much too soon on a man (even if you have it). Sometimes it can give them the wrong impression and if he's a bad guy he will see that as a sign and try to take advantage. Been there done that. :lol: I do hope everything goes well for op, though. Like I said it was a very thoughtful gift. :yep:

Last edited:
Adding to the chorus, thought the gift card lost the cute factor. And also lost the feeling of deliberately doing something small for an early birthday, which seemed the tune of all the messages.

But it was still very thoughtful. How did it go? Did he like it?

ITA. I just always warn women about spending too much too soon on a man (even if you have it). Sometimes it can give them the wrong impression and if he's a bad guy he will see that as a sign and try to take advantage. Been there done that. :lol: I do hope everything goes well for op, though. Like I said it was a very thoughtful gift. :yep:

I'm too bratty for all that now, lol. I mean I get it, I just have this thing with gc where they should be at least $50 for an adult. Also if I had paid for the dinner/drinks I would've spent way more.

If I really had time, I would've gotten him a book but I didn't.

FemmeFatale

I don't think she was responding specifically to the dollar amount. lol

It was just totally unexpected is all. This thread had +40 posts discussing cupcakes, cards, breakfast and clothing.....Then all of a sudden here you come way out of left field outa nowhere with "I got him a GNC gift card, $50." End of statement.. Then rolled out. :lachen:

No one saw that one coming. huh? why? where did that come from? he likes GNC?..... so many questions....:spinning::lol:

Anyway, hopefully he appreciated your effort and consideration to celebrate his birthday. After 3 weeks you didnt have to get him anything. It was sweet of you. Hope he had a happy birthday and you two had a good time.

barbiesocialite I was tired of racking my brain and I was running out of time, GNC just happened to be right in the area I was in and it worked since he's really into fitness and bodybuilding :lol:

He was surprised and loved it.

i actually think the $50 gift card was fine lol

i prob wouldve done the same thing--im queen of a giftcard...

he likes fitness..you picked it up on the way to his bday--its actually a dual meaning gift personal yet impersonal:look:..but checks all boxes given the earliness of the relationship....

not that deep...he happy..you happy..all went well!...great gift for new boo:yep:

barbiesocialite I was tired of racking my brain and I was running out of time, GNC just happened to be right in the area I was in and it worked since he's really into fitness and bodybuilding :lol:

He was surprised and loved it.

i actually think the $50 gift card was fine lol

i prob wouldve done the same thing--im queen of a giftcard...

he likes fitness..you picked it up on the way to his bday--its actually a dual meaning gift personal yet impersonal:look:..but checks all boxes given the earliness of the relationship....

not that deep...he happy..you happy..all went well!...great gift for new boo:yep:

I think so too. I think the gift was practical and would be appreciated. I get the comments here. But I'm sure OP is not a doormat, so I really don't see anything wrong w/ the gift and the amount.

I think so too. I think the gift was practical and would be appreciated. I get the comments here. But I'm sure OP is not a doormat, so I really don't see anything wrong w/ the gift and the amount.

Right. I'm sure she won't be co-signing loans, paying bills, or going dutch.

So this man wants me to meet his family this Christmas. He asked me last night.

My head is aching from anxiety, I was not anticipating this, maybe next year but not this year.

So this man wants me to meet his family this Christmas. He asked me last night.

My head is aching from anxiety, I was not anticipating this, maybe next year but not this year.

Isnt that too soon/ i'd be annoyed he'd put me in such a situation already

FF where is this man from? :lol:

Back