His Birthday is coming up this weekend,What should I do?

Isnt that too soon/ i'd be annoyed he'd put me in such a situation already FF where is this man from? :lol:

Lol.. AA and Bahamian. His intentions are sweet (he knows my fam doesn't celebrate Christmas and how it used to bother me) but still.. Too much stress.

I even get anxious when I see that commercial with the new black couple visiting family for the first time. My heart bleeds for the girl, lol.

I would go. Eat and be merry. This is a good insight on who he is and what type of people he comes from.

Last edited:
You've been dating a month now though, right? :giggle: Do you think he invited you because of your family not celebrating Christmas and thought that would make you happy? More than thinking it was "time"? I look forward to seeing what you decide to do and how it goes. A part of me wouldn't go because it does sound stressful. But another part thinks it's a very sweet idea and everything might turn out wonderfully. And it does say something about how he feels about you and his family -- like he's proud of you and them. Maybe you two can go but set it up so you aren't stuck there for hours? Idk but good luck FF.

I know my DH doesn't necessarily like a card, but he loves the handwritten message I write in them. You could save money and write it on a piece of paper. :lol:

A cupcake would not be a thoughtful gift if he is into bodybuilding and strict about his diet.

My SO loves hand written letters - especially when they show up in his mailbox. I have a special cute letter head that I reserve just for him.

I gave him something like that when we were fairly new and we were celebrating his birthday together for the first time.

He never wants me to buy anything for him.

OP I wouldn't go and meet his family. What if he's always introducing women to his family? I suspect that he's very liberal about that sort of thing since he's already trying to do family introductions without being official and only being 3 weeks into the relationship. I'd tell him to wait until next Christmas.

OP I wouldn't go and meet his family. What if he's always introducing women to his family? I suspect that he's very liberal about that sort of thing since he's already trying to do family introductions without being official and only being 3 weeks into the relationship. I'd tell him to wait until next Christmas.

My personal experience has shown me that this is usually the case.

@FemmeFatale

Is he a mama's boy OR the type that has his mama on speed dial to call for advice or seek approval?

The latter isn't a mama's boy per say but the rules and method of operation for mothers and female family members pretty much run the same.

Based on the very little you've shared, he likely fits the profile.

But if yes to either one of those categories DON'T GO.

It's not a compliment, it's more like a test. In other words, this is not an attempt for you to get to know his family---IT'S YOUR JUDGEMENT DAY. An attempt to get everybody's two cents to formulate opinion he needs to do by himself.

you'll be yourself a favor and you'll be doing him a favor in the long run by setting boundaries that this is a UMBILICAL CORD-FREE ZONE.

OAN: Besides it's too soon to see how his mama and the other women in his family treat him for any of that to seep into your subconscious. As of right now the only thing that should be directing your interactions with him and your understanding of him is HIM and his behavior directly. Because if the women in his family treat him the way I treat my male relatives it'll only serve as an early trap. A baited trap for you to do too much unnecessary foolishness or give too much consideration most likely leading down a dark slow path toward: EVERYTHING is all about him (or too many things). He may or may not be the way I think he is, I'm only speaking from experience--- I know I can be a bossy ***** but take it from me my closest male relatives are emotionally spoiled and somewhat catered too/ego-stroked. I'm their perceived prototype. I am nice. But that's because they ain't f*ckin me.:lol:

Also, just like their mama & sister(s) I meet all the random females or hear about them. Doesn't mean ish. I swear men are emotionally unstable they fall in and out of love as the wind blows. Just last month my closest male relative's sister told me about all this time she's been spending with him and his new-girlfriend but when I asked him about it he said he didn't have a girlfriend.:rolleyes: Then he proceeded to add in some wordy bs disclaimer that was entirely f*cked up. I asked him if she knew she wasnt his gf, this fool said 'yea' like it was a given. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: That said, if any of my male relatives' SOs or little girlfriends were to consider meeting me as a sign of flattery or utilize any of my behavior with my male relatives as expected standard would be doing themselves a disservice. Those arent brownie points to be achieved toward cementing his affection, those are deductions bout to place you on the losing team in the longrun. Don't get played. lol And yes, you can still be a fall victim to being played even if you get married. Families pull subtle okey-dokes on new relatives all the time. :lol:

So yea, do yourself a favor. Meet up with him xmas morning, give your well wishes to his family that you anticipate meeting them. But tell him he's too late, maybe next year. You already have plans that can't be changed.

Last edited:
barbiesocialite that's the thing, in my mind this is a big ole test, one that I'm certainly not ready for as I'm still studying the subject, lol. I already know what to expect from sisters and mothers, I have 2 brothers and I observe the new women all the time, lol.

He has 3 sisters and a brother :nono: that's a lot of women.

Last edited:
barbiesocialite that's the thing, in my mind this is a big ole test, one that I'm certainly not ready for as I'm still studying the subject, lol. I already know what to expect from sisters and mothers, I have 2 brothers and I observe the new women all the time, lol.

He has 3 sisters and a brother :nono: that's a lot of women.

just like clockwork.:lol:

call me Charles Xavier bc I read this one with the quickness. :lachen:

Had dude pegged since that first post in the birth order thread. No shock he has a bunch of sisters. I figured the family setup went something like this before you told us that he even had a birthday.lol .....

Don't need to meet this man a day in my life. Hell I'll don't even know his name or what he looks like. lmao Doesnt matter. I know enough to know to identify his kind type and how they operate to point his kind when I see em. Every new post further confirms that he fits the bill......

uh huh. :scratchch

I see you dude.

FemmeFatale Don't go. :look:

Keep this particularly discussion brief, matter of fact and direct straight to the point. Cute yet strictly business. Then change the topic, NEXT. But don't go kissing arse filling his head with sugary faux-sadness/grief like you're missing out or some ish because you'd rather have your holiday devoted to spending time with him at some's stranger's house meeting a bunch of miscellaneous randoms you're not even sure you want to know yet......

Boy bye. :lachen:

If it's important to share the day with you he has 2 options: Xmas morning before he leaves or Xmas night after he leaves. sounds like a plan. :up:

Last edited:
just like clockwork.:lol: call me Charles Xavier bc I read this one with the quickness. :lachen: Had dude pegged since that first post in the birth order thread. No shock he has a bunch of sisters. I figured the family setup went something like this before you told us that he even had a birthday.lol ..... Don't need to meet this man a day in my life. Hell I'll don't even know his name or what he looks like. lmao Doesnt matter. I know enough to know to identify his kind type and how they operate to point his kind when I see em. Every new post further confirms that he fits the bill...... uh huh. :scratchch I see you dude. FemmeFatale Don't go. :look: Keep this particularly discussion brief, matter of fact and direct straight to the point. Cute yet strictly business. Then change the topic, NEXT. But don't go kissing arse filling his head with sugary faux-sadness/grief like you're missing out or some ish because you'd rather have your holiday devoted to spending time with him at some's stranger's house meeting a bunch of miscellaneous randoms you're not even sure you want to know yet...... Boy bye. :lachen: If it's important to share the day with you he has 2 options: Xmas morning before he leaves or Xmas night after he leaves. sounds like a plan. :up:
yea this man is a last child with a gang of sisters and a sag. I'd probably feel differently if it were all brothers, lol. It's too early for all of that.

I think you should go.

I was in a similar situation this year. I thought I was going to collapse, literally. 3 sisters, youngest child plus the gathering included extended family - a bunch of aunts, female cousins and very few men.

However, I lived and it was nice seeing him interact with the women in his family and how they described him and interacted with him. It made me even more comfortable in the man I chose. Plus they loved me- like they expressed their love for me:look::lol::lol::lol:

It was much better than I expected. Plus our relationship sky-rocketed since the meeting.

Back