Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

BOL!!! @ALL YOU LADIES!

Soooorry but I have nooooo idea who that long haired chick is. I stole the pic from the hairfinity fb page. It didn't have a name.

Love how your hair looks in the pic, ShawnC! To me you're at WL grazing WHIP, maybe an inch or less more until you're full WHIP. You'd know better than me though since you said you're actually an inch away from HL.

Love how your hair looks in the pic, ShawnC! To me you're at WL grazing WHIP, maybe an inch or less more until you're full WHIP. You'd know better than me though since you said you're actually an inch away from HL.

Yes I think I am about 1.5 to 2" away from HL. I guess that is what I get for letting my husband do a length check!

I added a better photo to show the length. The longest layer is 1" from HL where my hands are. So I guess the longest layer is W'HIP length. Is it okay to claim it? Maybe in one more month I will claim W'HIP.

image-2287976912.jpg

I had my DD take this picture today. I did my own hair so I'll have to get it professionally done at some point to see if its longer. My stylist gets it slick straight. I usually straighten it but leave some body.

Any way here is my hair. I'm about an inch from hip length. No more cutting my hair this year. Hopefully I'll hit full HL by Christmas. I don't want it longer than that.

image-290210703.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

There's so much beautiful hair in here :drool:. I hope to be half-way to where you ladies are by the end of the year :pray: .

I had my DD take this picture today. I did my own hair so I'll have to get it professionally done at some point to see if its longer. My stylist gets it slick straight. I usually straighten it but leave some body.

Any way here is my hair. I'm about an inch from hip length. No more cutting my hair this year. Hopefully I'll hit full HL by Christmas. I don't want it longer than that.

I did my hair too and feel like it did not get that sleek straight look. Your hair is lovely though.

Okay soooo ApHogee gave me some protein overloaded hair. It's a good thing I used to contribute to the protein overload threads before so I know what to do. After my regular softening conditioners weren't working, I slept in some Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment and my hair felt softer this morning. Sprayed a bit of Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil and blow-dried. My hair feels thicker, smoother and strengthened. I'm going to be relying on moisture-rich conditioners until this stretch is done most likely. I don't remember ApHogee leaving my hair this stiff at all back when I used it regularly, I don't know if it's because of the small bottle being extra concentrated or what. Oh well, at least I acted quickly so there's no setback. :grin: Sorry ladies, I may postpone pictures until my hair is a little more balanced.

Last edited:

Yes! Gorgeous lady! Thanks for posting. I love straight hair with body. Looks so healthy.

Yes! Gorgeous lady! Thanks for posting. I love straight hair with body. Looks so healthy.

I did my hair too and feel like it did not get that sleek straight look. Your hair is lovely though.

Thank you! I should probably hurry up and get it done at the salon before it gets too hot out. One time I made the mistake of getting my hair done on a hot summer day. That hair style lasted a good 15 minutes before went POOF LOL :lol:

Im always laughing to myself when I'm thinking about growing to HL. I absolutely do not see myself wearing HL hair out at all. I don't even wear my WL hair out w/o complaining. And yet, I'm still going to grow it to HL. Lol smh

Im always laughing to myself when I'm thinking about growing to HL. I absolutely do not see myself wearing HL hair out at all. I don't even wear my WL hair out w/o complaining. And yet, I'm still going to grow it to HL. Lol smh

Haha! I'm the same way. I have yet to wear my hair out at WL, but I'm still going for HL. I just want to see if I can. I'll probably cut back to WL after I'm done.

I know I wasn't crazy when I thought this challenge use to be called hl challenge 2014.

Well still trying to work my way to wl this yr to be on my way to hl next yr.
I am still using bantu knots.

I am working to hit HL by Dec 2013...I am deep conditioning weekly with SoVAiN Deep Moisture Repair and moisturizing and sealing daily. I'll be limiting heat use to twice for the remainder of the year. I will also be adding henna, brahmi powder, and honey to my regimen at least twice a month. Whew! Let's see how this works!

I am so revitalized and ready to hit HL and then on to HL-TBL. I was getting bored with thinking and talking about growing my hair, but this thread has brought me life! You ladies are inspirational sweeties;)

ok I just washed my hair with giovanni shampoo and conditioner and then I put shea moisture hair growth milk on and sealed with olive oil. I put my hair back up in the 4 bantu knots.

So next month will be one year since I have trimmed and I think I may carry on until the end of the year. Who would've known I could do this.

Back