Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

I think that I'm going to have to trim my hair. . . again :nono:. I just trimmed earlier this month, but my hair was breaking and shedding excessively. The shedding seems to have stopped, but the last 2 times I did a wash n'go, my ends were webby and tangling up on each other :sad:.
Still, my wngs have been really nice thanks to adding curl activator gel :yep:. I just have to get the proportion right so that my hair is a bit firmer (even though I'm using 2 gels). I was somehow able to get second day hair even though I was lazy and simply threw my bonnet on.

Thanks @bebezazueta I'm scared to wash my hair I doused my hair in my oil and it soothed it. I think I will be fine.

Sorry that happened but I'm glad your scalp has been soothed. Was it a Dominican blowout? Those blowdryers are crazy hot. In any case, baby your scalp and stay away from that stylist.

Okay, so I feel like my hair hasn't een growing too much lately which means that it's time for another personal challenge

So I hereby promise to:

- Deep condition my hair EVERY wash day from now on. (probably with AOWC or AOGPB)

- Probably twist for a week and wear a twist-out on week 2

- Baggy my twists every night after applying coconu oil to ends

Until the 21st of June which will be the end of the SistaWithRealHair hair challenge on youtube

Wish me luck.... again

I think that I'm going to have to trim my hair. . . again :nono:. I just trimmed earlier this month, but my hair was breaking and shedding excessively. The shedding seems to have stopped, but the last 2 times I did a wash n'go, my ends were webby and tangling up on each other :sad:.
Still, my wngs have been really nice thanks to adding curl activator gel :yep:. I just have to get the proportion right so that my hair is a bit firmer (even though I'm using 2 gels). I was somehow able to get second day hair even though I was lazy and simply threw my bonnet on.

ckisland I think when your ends start doing that it is because there are knots on some of the hairs. what helps me is to make sure you loc method those ends so they will slip on each other.

Last edited:
well I finally got my curls back in order. I have been deep conditioning a lot and I have been making sure I seal and add olive oil and a little shea butter to my edges and nap before I style my hair.

I haven't been too active here due to school, but my regimen is consistent. Cleanse and dc weekly, moisturize with loc/grease method and spritz every other night. I'm still using NJoy's growth oil. Right now my hair is in cornrows in the front and one large pinned up braid in the back.

Liked how my DC turned out. I used a product both a friend and I picked up at the BSS, Motions Oil Moisturizing Silk Protein Conditioner. Now, I wouldn't generally follow hair advice from her because her hair's very damaged but I've wanted to try this product for a while now. Wow... this stuff is thick! Kind of like it's gel and cream mixed together. My hair generally prefers less viscous conditioners but this was nice, will use it for my next wash. :grin:

Liked how my DC turned out. I used a product both a friend and I picked up at the BSS, Motions Oil Moisturizing Silk Protein Conditioner. Now, I wouldn't generally follow hair advice from her because her hair's very damaged but I've wanted to try this product for a while now. Wow... this stuff is thick! Kind of like it's gel and cream mixed together. My hair generally prefers less viscous conditioners but this was nice, will use it for my next wash. :grin:

How long did you keep in? I'm looking for a DC to be used weekly...

How long did you keep in? I'm looking for a DC to be used weekly...
@Nyah22, probably 10-15 minutes. I showered while I let the DC sit and when done, I rinsed it out. This has mineral oil as the 2nd ingredient so if you're iffy about that or your hair is picky -- avoid it. Other than that it has really nice ingredients like hydrolyzed silk, hydrolyzed collagen, aloe, algae, and 1 cone lower on the list.

@Nyah22, probably 10-15 minutes. I showered while I let the DC sit and when done, I rinsed it out. This has mineral oil as the 2nd ingredient so if you're iffy about that or your hair is picky -- avoid it. Other than that it has really nice ingredients like hydrolyzed silk, hydrolyzed collagen, aloe, algae, and 1 cone lower on the list.

Ok... I am trying to avoid mineral oil especially since I'm in the process of building back my highly damaged hair. Thanks for the heads up

I've really been loving my wash n'gos lately. They're soft, big, and SL :grin: . But I'm giving it a break to PS for a couple of weeks (hopefully), while I turn my focus to other parts of my life, ie. school and my gut :lol:. The foreseeable plan is to either do big braids or braidouts and bun, DC once a week and have that be the only wash day. First I'm going to length check, and do a little dusting to get rid of some of the ssks I accumulated about 3 weeks ago.

Wow. This thread is titled tailbone length. Not sure if I noticed it before. Can't remember but I'm just trying to get thru 2013 & possibly bypass WL finally. Maybe get a little W'Hip action going on.

Wow. This thread is titled tailbone length. Not sure if I noticed it before. Can't remember but I'm just trying to get thru 2013 & possibly bypass WL finally. Maybe get a little W'Hip action going on.

You are fine. It was changed. I haven't made it to WL yet! Can't put the scissors down. We will all get there. TOGETHER even if not at the same time.

It was just to accommodate those that might want to grow to TBL since the space between HL and TBL isn't too far apart. It's still a HL challenge for those that want to only stay at that length. :yep:

Installed box braids (which I love) :lol: I plan on keeping these until the end of June maybe mid July .
attachment.php

attachment.php

checking in..
i did a length check today..im kinda disappointed. question: how much biotin/b12 do you guys recommend starting with?

first pic is april 24th-ish, salon straightened hair...second pic is today.

Last edited:
Have you been trimming your ends or having them trimmed when you go to the salon? Breakage chips off and keeps our length the same when our hair is actually growing, which sucks :/ I've been taking a regimen of hair,skin, & nails pills and a woman's multivitamin everyday.

Have you been trimming your ends or having them trimmed when you go to the salon? Breakage chips off and keeps our length the same when our hair is actually growing, which sucks :/ I've been taking a regimen of hair,skin, & nails pills and a woman's multivitamin everyday.

Yes i got a trim after i got it straightened in the first picture :/ its been barely a month

Back