Hide Your Hair For 6 Months 12-16-09 REVEAL

Thank you ladies for the pictures. Very inspiring and I now know what I must do...
Hide my hair for 6 months!!!!!! :)

Two more pic of straight hair no holding

Before trim while straightening
IMG_0916.jpg

After Trim and style. Sorry I cut the bottom of the picture off
IMG_0921.jpg

Last edited:
My goodness!! I've never seen goals met with such speed and efficiency! Making me want to join an HYH challenge. Hmm...:rolleyes:.

First I must say Congratulations ladies and great progress!!!!! Ok second I have to apologize for my delay in posting my reveal, but here it is now. When I posted my starting pic I didn't have any straightened or stretched pics of my hair but I did state, "[...] that when stretched the front comes to the tip of my nose. Sides about a centimeter pass my jaw bone. and the back pulled toward the front comes to my collar bone"

Now when stretched the front of my hair falls below my bottom lip. My sides now come to my collar bone and the back is now apl. In my siggy are my pics the first being my bc in April, the second being my starting pic in June, and the last being the pic I took yesterday morning. As you can see my hair no longer wants to stand up its beginning to fall. I'm so excited and I cant wait for the next HYH challenge.

That is GREAT progress Naturalepiphany! :grin:

Also, MsTwana, your siggie is gorgeous! You did really well on this challenge!

Last edited:
heres my current hair pics.. sorry they are so small, i dont know how to make them any bigger..
To view progress, I just created a fotki album, heres the link

http://public.fotki.com/ljamie4

I'm not good at taking photos yet, still practicing, but I do see a big difference from September to now.. I dont have pics from June but here's Sept to December..:ohwell:

Attachments

• hairpic1.jpg
    hairpic1.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 504
  • hairpic2.jpg
    hairpic2.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 501
Congratulations to all the ladies that participated in this challenge. Everyone did so great!!! I'm going to post my reveal tomorrow. Sorry it's taking so long, but I wanted to complete my BKT treatment before I revealed & flatirnoned my hair. I'm puttig my treatment in now.

First I must say Congratulations ladies and great progress!!!!! Ok second I have to apologize for my delay in posting my reveal, but here it is now. When I posted my starting pic I didn't have any straightened or stretched pics of my hair but I did state, "[...] that when stretched the front comes to the tip of my nose. Sides about a centimeter pass my jaw bone. and the back pulled toward the front comes to my collar bone"

Now when stretched the front of my hair falls below my bottom lip. My sides now come to my collar bone and the back is now apl. In my siggy are my pics the first being my bc in April, the second being my starting pic in June, and the last being the pic I took yesterday morning. As you can see my hair no longer wants to stand up its beginning to fall. I'm so excited and I cant wait for the next HYH challenge.

You had great progress!!!! You retained a good amount of length!! :yep:

That is GREAT progress Naturalepiphany! :grin:

Also, MsTwana, your siggie is gorgeous! You did really well on this challenge!

Awww...thanks Qurly. That's SUCH a compliment coming from you!!! :yep: :grin:

Ok I'm done with vacation and made it to salon yesterday for the blow dry and press for my progress pics...I am really disappointed because I was hoping to get to the 8 and I am no where near it...well on the positive it looked like my hair may have gotten thicker...this is where I think I went wrong: 1-not washing, conditioning, and moisturizing my scalp under my wigs enough, 2-maybe not taking wig off enough, 3-going to salons for my cornrows-when they comb my hair and detangled it hurt like hair and I would lose lots of hair-I thought that was normal shedding now I think it may have been breakage...IDK but I have got to learn how to take care of my own hair!! I have found my hair idol so I know it can be done...I guess I'm back to the drawing board...the top two are pre and post trim in June the bottom are the same in December (I asked her not to necessarily cut it evenly in December but to just get rid of the split ends; if she had cut it evenly I think I would be back to starting point)

Ok I'm done with vacation and made it to salon yesterday for the blow dry and press for my progress pics...I am really disappointed because I was hoping to get to the 8 and I am no where near it...well on the positive it looked like my hair may have gotten thicker...this is where I think I went wrong: 1-not washing, conditioning, and moisturizing my scalp under my wigs enough, 2-maybe not taking wig off enough, 3-going to salons for my cornrows-when they comb my hair and detangled it hurt like hair and I would lose lots of hair-I thought that was normal shedding now I think it may have been breakage...IDK but I have got to learn how to take care of my own hair!! I have found my hair idol so I know it can be done...I guess I'm back to the drawing board...the top two are pre and post trim in June the bottom are the same in December (I asked her not to necessarily cut it evenly in December but to just get rid of the split ends; if she had cut it evenly I think I would be back to starting point)

Queen_Earth, your hair definitely looks thicker...... Your length is nice, also... I'm sure you're make it to 8 with the comments that you made about not having the salon do your cornrows for you.

Ms_Twana, thanks for the challenge! It was definitely worth it!! Here are my updates..

Attachments

• beginning 5-16-09.jpg
    beginning 5-16-09.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 92709.jpg
    92709.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Final Flatirnoned.jpg
    Final Flatirnoned.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 51
WOW!!!!!!! I'm inspired.

Here are my results..I don't have pics from the EXACT time frame but it is a 6 month span -- May thru November. Hopefully that's ok :) If you want to see more, my fotki is: http://public.fotki.com/malibu4590/hair-journey/

Here are my pics. My hair is growing in a V shape, so I've been trimming to even it off some.
ETA: Starting pic

May-Starter pic
010-Copy.jpg

July
100_1189.jpg

July
100_1184.jpg

july
100_1192-1.jpg

October
oct2.jpg

October
oct.jpg

Okay, my reveal is a little bit different. First of all, I started the challenge a little late, and then in August I BC'd. Here are my pics:

Right before BC:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Right After My BC:

picture.php

My Big Reveal (after 5 months of buns, twists, poofs, henna treatments, etc.):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Overall, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be a part of this challenge! Who knew my hair would grow back so quickly?:grin:

Alright ladies. Here are mine. I went to a salon and got my hair blow dried and flat ironed. Won't be doing that again for a while. Anyway, I'm gonna tease you with the bling (shine) that my hair had first.

CIMG2892.jpg

CIMG2893.jpg

When I saw my length, I was dissappointed but happy at the same time. That's because I was REALLY hoping to be BSL after this challenge. I didn't make it, but I am soooo close I could taste it.

CIMG2894.jpg

Now here are my starting (top) and reveal (bottom) pics. I'll make this one big so you can see the numbers on the progress shirt. Tips from 5.5 to 8.5. Three inches is pretty good. :yep:

HYHbeforeafter-1.png

Came back to save my pics (I lost them on my computer) and I'm actually inspired again. It's been 7 months since this challenge ended and I STILL haven't gotten the 3 inches that I got during this challenge. Hmmm...

Awwww! This was my very first challenge that I actually stuck to! I have such fond memories.:grin:

I think I need to hide my hair for six more months. Maybe then I'll actually reach MBL.:yep:

^^ i'm thinking the same thing. Not protective styling necessarily but nooo length checks lol I would love the surprise in 6 months :) is there a current challenge?

^^ nah lets go for a big 6 month one :trampolin: the results will be awesome!

hehe i'm kidding, i'll join any that's started as I can do it along side my BSL by Dec 2010 challenge

Awwww! This was my very first challenge that I actually stuck to! I have such fond memories.:grin:

I think I need to hide my hair for six more months. Maybe then I'll actually reach MBL.:yep:

Girl tell me about it. And I don't know what I did different during the challenge because my hair has been in a bun for the most part the past 7 months and I still didn't get that growth. Off the check the other threads to see what I was doing. :lol:

Girl tell me about it. And I don't know what I did different during the challenge because my hair has been in a bun for the most part the past 7 months and I still didn't get that growth. Off the check the other threads to see what I was doing. :lol:

Me too!!!! I had mad progress during this challenge! But here lately, I'm at a stand still. We need to get it going again!:yep: I know Sapphire would be down for it!:yep:

Back