Hide Your Hair For 6 Months 12-16-09 REVEAL

Great pics fellow challengers! Everyone's hair looks awesome - healthy, thick, and longer (bonus). Congrats to all of you who hung in there 'til the end. :cheers:

Now as for me... I shared my before/after pic with the hubs and told him that I was disappointed that there wasn't more growth. He said, "You SHOULD be... now where's a "Straightening Challenge?" Grrrrrrrrrrrr, that's why I don't tell him stuff about my hair!!!

Anyway, this challenge was my first challenge and I'm proud that I didn't quit. Surprisingly, it was really easy for me... except when I burned myself out on the bun. :ohwell: Thanks Twana for starting the challenge and encouraging me along the way! Here's my pic...
HYHChallenge-vi.jpg
"Now as for me... I shared my before/after pic with the hubs and told him that I was disappointed that there wasn't more growth. He said, "You SHOULD be... now where's a "Straightening Challenge?" Grrrrrrrrrrrr, that's why I don't tell him stuff about my hair!!!"

Okay, why is my mother just like your hubby???!!! :lachen:WHAT IS THAT??? Prior to the reveal, I haven't worn my hair straight since July, and you better believe I've been catching it from her since:wallbash: I can't walk past her without her feeling the need to tell me that I needed to wear my hair straight.

..."Straightening Challenge" :lachen:

But on another note, you had a good bit of growth and your hair looks beautiful in all its natural glory.:yep:

Ms Coco,

You are SO right! Your mom DOES sound like my husband! See, I was going to straighten my hair this month but after his comment, I decided to join a Bun Challenge instead. :grin:

Ms Coco,

You are SO right! Your mom DOES sound like my husband! See, I was going to straighten my hair this month but after his comment, I decided to join a Bun Challenge instead. :grin:

LOL!!! Now YOU sound like ME! I'll wear my hair curly or in a bun just because I know it drives her crazy...and of course there are the growth benefits. The way I see it, it's a win win!;-)

I just took my hair out of twists when I took my pics. The following are my results:

reveal1.png
reveal1.jpg

reveal2.png

lhcfreveal2.jpg

lhcfreveal3.png
lhcfreveal3.jpg

Sorry, the pics aren't lined up perfectly here since the first pic was taken closer.

reveal4.jpg

I forgot to take a starting pic for the sides but I'll show this anyway since I took the pic.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm finally posting my results. The first pic is one that was actually taken in about Febuary when I got my last relaxer but it was the most recent pic that I could find at the time. The second pic was one that I was able to dig up that was closer to May a while after I had gotten my "V" cut and I was about to wash it. The last pic is one that I took about last week, after flat ironing. (It looks a little funny because I had my arm up to take the pic, my hair really isn't that uneven lol) I think that I would have retained more length if I was stricter with my self with hiding my hair because honestly I slacked off a couple days, but overall I'm pretty pleased with my results from my first challenge. :yep:

Attachments

• 0208090152.jpg
    0208090152.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 0416090520.jpg
    0416090520.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 33
  • cp1_1209091314.jpg
    cp1_1209091314.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 38
Ok, I'm finally posting my results. The first pic is one that was actually taken in about Febuary when I got my last relaxer but it was the most recent pic that I could find at the time. The second pic was one that I was able to dig up that was closer to May a while after I had gotten my "V" cut and I was about to wash it. The last pic is one that I took about last week, after flat ironing. (It looks a little funny because I had my arm up to take the pic, my hair really isn't that uneven lol) I think that I would have retained more length if I was stricter with my self with hiding my hair because honestly I slacked off a couple days, but overall I'm pretty pleased with my results from my first challenge. :yep:

Great job on the challenge!!!

I'm finally posting my reveal pictures! :grin:

The first one is from May 30th, and I just took the second one this morning. I'm really surprised by my results - I thought my hair grew really slow but it turns out I just wasn't retaining length. Go figure! I don't know if I'll do another HYH challenge, but after seeing this I may consider it.

results.jpg

The first one is from May 30th, and I just took the second one this morning. I'm really surprised by my results - I thought my hair grew really slow but it turns out I just wasn't retaining length. Go figure! I don't know if I'll do another HYH challenge, but after seeing this I may consider it.

results.jpg

Love it!!!:lick:

results.jpg

CONSIDER IT???? Girl you better go for it. You have great results. In another 6 months you"ll be below BS. CONGRATS

results.jpg

Girl, You're hair looks fabulous!!

My results are below. I'm a late bloomer:drunk:

I just took my hair out of twists when I took my pics. The following are my results:

reveal1.png
reveal1.jpg

reveal2.png

lhcfreveal2.jpg

lhcfreveal3.png
lhcfreveal3.jpg

Sorry, the pics aren't lined up perfectly here since the first pic was taken closer.

reveal4.jpg

I forgot to take a starting pic for the sides but I'll show this anyway since I took the pic.

Great pics fellow challengers! Everyone's hair looks awesome - healthy, thick, and longer (bonus). Congrats to all of you who hung in there 'til the end. :cheers:

Now as for me... I shared my before/after pic with the hubs and told him that I was disappointed that there wasn't more growth. He said, "You SHOULD be... now where's a "Straightening Challenge?" Grrrrrrrrrrrr, that's why I don't tell him stuff about my hair!!!

Anyway, this challenge was my first challenge and I'm proud that I didn't quit. Surprisingly, it was really easy for me... except when I burned myself out on the bun. :ohwell: Thanks Twana for starting the challenge and encouraging me along the way! Here's my pic...
HYHChallenge-vi.jpg

Here are my results.

12/16/2009 (wash, dc, flatiron) I hadn't had a trim since 4/16/09 (8 months)
CIMG1177-1-1.jpg

CIMG1176-1.jpg

12/17/2009 After my trim
CIMG1182-2.jpg

CIMG1187-1.jpg

I love my results. I did lose a little length, but my ends look great.

OMG :thud: Beautiful!just Beautiful!After seeing all this magnificent progress,hiding you hair should be a cardinal rule!:yep:

Way to go ladies! :woohoo:

results.jpg

Looks like you're grazing APL! congrats girlie!

Back