Hide Your Hair For 6 Months 12-16-09 REVEAL

Alright ladies. Here are mine. I went to a salon and got my hair blow dried and flat ironed. Won't be doing that again for a while. Anyway, I'm gonna tease you with the bling (shine) that my hair had first.

CIMG2892.jpg

CIMG2893.jpg

When I saw my length, I was dissappointed but happy at the same time. That's because I was REALLY hoping to be BSL after this challenge. I didn't make it, but I am soooo close I could taste it.

CIMG2894.jpg

Now here are my starting (top) and reveal (bottom) pics. I'll make this one big so you can see the numbers on the progress shirt. Tips from 5.5 to 8.5. Three inches is pretty good. :yep:

HYHbeforeafter-1.png

Where can I find one of those progress tee shirts? I'd love to have one!

Hey ladies for some reason my comp has been acting like a butt and not waiting to upload the pics on here so just look in my fotki and it has the pics I took Tuesday and the 6 months before pics......

Thanks and I hope I am not asking for too much.:rolleyes:

Hey ladies for some reason my comp has been acting like a butt and not waiting to upload the pics on here so just look in my fotki and it has the pics I took Tuesday and the 6 months before pics......

Thanks and I hope I am not asking for too much.:rolleyes:

Excellent progress!!!!!:bouncy:

Everyone's hair looks great! Excellent progress:)!

I'll be taking my twists out tomorrow evening and I plan to post my results afterwards.

I almost forgot to post! But I'm transitioning since last
year and I notice during this challenge I retained alot
of my new growth. My NG was noticeably shorter in June a
and drier:perplexed..Well I'm happy
with my results!
:yep:

Dec 2009 Sept 2009
June 2009

Last edited:
Here are my results.

12/16/2009 (wash, dc, flatiron) I hadn't had a trim since 4/16/09 (8 months)
CIMG1177-1-1.jpg

CIMG1176-1.jpg

12/17/2009 After my trim
CIMG1182-2.jpg

CIMG1187-1.jpg

I love my results. I did lose a little length, but my ends look great.

Here are my results.

12/16/2009 (wash, dc, flatiron) I hadn't had a trim since 4/16/09 (8 months)
CIMG1177-1-1.jpg

CIMG1176-1.jpg

12/17/2009 After my trim
CIMG1182-2.jpg

CIMG1187-1.jpg

I love my results. I did lose a little length, but my ends look great.

Kellum, did you do your own trim? Your hair looks great!!!

Kellum, did you do your own trim? Your hair looks great!!!

Thanks :), and no I don't do my own trims at the moment. I got to the salon for that. I have a couple of people that I trust enough for that and they never mess me up or take too much off.

Great pics fellow challengers! Everyone's hair looks awesome - healthy, thick, and longer (bonus). Congrats to all of you who hung in there 'til the end. :cheers:

Now as for me... I shared my before/after pic with the hubs and told him that I was disappointed that there wasn't more growth. He said, "You SHOULD be... now where's a "Straightening Challenge?" Grrrrrrrrrrrr, that's why I don't tell him stuff about my hair!!!

Anyway, this challenge was my first challenge and I'm proud that I didn't quit. Surprisingly, it was really easy for me... except when I burned myself out on the bun. :ohwell: Thanks Twana for starting the challenge and encouraging me along the way! Here's my pic...
HYHChallenge-vi.jpg

Great pics fellow challengers! Everyone's hair looks awesome - healthy, thick, and longer (bonus). Congrats to all of you who hung in there 'til the end. :cheers:

Now as for me... I shared my before/after pic with the hubs and told him that I was disappointed that there wasn't more growth. He said, "You SHOULD be... now where's a "Straightening Challenge?" Grrrrrrrrrrrr, that's why I don't tell him stuff about my hair!!!

Anyway, this challenge was my first challenge and I'm proud that I didn't quit. Surprisingly, it was really easy for me... except when I burned myself out on the bun. :ohwell: Thanks Twana for starting the challenge and encouraging me along the way! Here's my pic...
HYHChallenge-vi.jpg

Girl you got some great progress. You made APL and don't have much until you are BSB either.

Ok. I finally found some pics that I had taken.

Like I said, I BC'd after I started this challenge. There's not a lot of progress, but there's progress.

The first pic was taken around 3 months ago right after I bc'd. The 2nd pic was taken a few days ago.

(pic removed)

Last edited:
Alright ladies. Here are mine. I went to a salon and got my hair blow dried and flat ironed. Won't be doing that again for a while. Anyway, I'm gonna tease you with the bling (shine) that my hair had first.

CIMG2892.jpg

CIMG2893.jpg

When I saw my length, I was dissappointed but happy at the same time. That's because I was REALLY hoping to be BSL after this challenge. I didn't make it, but I am soooo close I could taste it.

CIMG2894.jpg

Now here are my starting (top) and reveal (bottom) pics. I'll make this one big so you can see the numbers on the progress shirt. Tips from 5.5 to 8.5. Three inches is pretty good. :yep:

HYHbeforeafter-1.png

That is some jaw dropping eye poppin bling!

Back