HIDE THE HEAT: SUMMER 2013 CHALLENGE

Hello ladies :)

I don't have a very solid regimen as I am very new to this. I started my hair journey this month. I try to cowash a couple of times a week, with each cowash a deep condition. But I think I might need a protein treatment right now. But I do try to keep up with the moisturing.

When I want to wear my hair straight, I'll probably just wear a rollerset after washing. I used to do that all the time in high school, and it always looked good. I've also seen a lot of heat free curl tutorials on FB, so when going out, I'll try some of those. But for work, I usually wear just a pony tail or bun (even though there isn't much to bun lol.)

Here is a picture of my bun. My hair is very short, it's not even shoulder length yet so I had to pull each strand hair over the doughnut lol

Tatilove

Doesnt matter. Ur bun looks beautiful hun! Ur well on ur way!

Wash day :yay:
Pre-poo'd/protein treatment with ORS Hair Mayo mixed with grapeseed+JBCO+jojoba+vitamin E oils. My hair came out feeling strong and soft at the roots :) currently following up the protein with a purely moisturizing DC under a Mastex heating cap (Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner... I purchased a 5lb tub of the stuff a while back :lick:).

After I rinse this out, will apply leave-ins and air dry.

Need to get my protein/moisture balance in check this month...
Week 1 - Protein treatment on dry hair, clarify, moisturizing DC (done!)
Week 2 - Moisturizing DC
Week 3 - DC that contains some protein (i.e. Silicon Mix)
Week 4 - Hot oil treatment

Welcome ladies @perfectlyImperfect @NJoy @AgeinATL.

@jprayze love the roller set. This is a great way to stay away from the heat.
@NJoy why you hiding your beautiful mane. You gonna join the challenge and not post a picture, lol. I got the oil by the way and I have been taking pictures of my thinning edges. Crossing my fingers cause I have not experienced the dreaded shedding, and it's been at least 3 weeks. To be honest I think the follicles in that area are just dead and nothing can help it, but after reading about your daughter s widow peak, I decided to take on the fight... AGAIN.

ronie Girl, you can do it. And, I'm not hiding my hair...per se. Just too lazy to do anything fancy with it. Now, I'm happy to dazzle you with my Celie braids. :lol: Hoping henna and indigo tonight or tomorrow and do a length check. Then back into these Celies pulled up into a bun.

@ronie Girl, you can do it. And, I'm not hiding my hair...per se. Just too lazy to do anything fancy with it. Now, I'm happy to dazzle you with my Celie braids. :lol: Hoping henna and indigo tonight or tomorrow and do a length check. Then back into these Celies pulled up into a bun.
NJoy I feel you on the lazy tip :lol: but it's working. Are you doing anything to maintain the moisture in your Celies between washes?

I love being able to spray some moisturizer into my hair and being done with it. Although, I can't wait until this week is over so that I can start pulling my braids into a bun if I want to...

@NJoy I feel you on the lazy tip :lol: but it's working. Are you doing anything to maintain the moisture in your Celies between washes?

I can't keep Celies in for more than 2 days without remoisturizing them. Otherwise, I find that the ends like to tangle with any sheds that might be hanging around.

Flat ironed my wig last night using It's a 10 Miracle Shine Spray. FlowerPush (sp?) on yt swears by this stuff and she has awesome hair/progress. My first impression on the spray is - extremely light heat protectant (among other things). It really brought my wig back to life, tons of shine and movement (before it was getting a little stiff). No shedding or tangling at the nape yet :)

I have no desire to straighten my actual hair lol

Worked out last night so this morning I cowashed my hair with Nexus Humectress and put my hair into a wet bun. Great quick do for a summer's day.

I had so many single strand knots, yall. I did a trim search and destroy style. I purchased a wig of synthetic hair...its okay. I think im going to invest in a nice human hair wig

How is everyone doing? I am loving all the pictures. Lovely buns, roller sets and twists. My hair is really enjoying the humid weather lately. Even if i wanted to blow dry my hair, it would be a waste of time. First 3 pictures are my twistout from friday night. Then i put it in a puff with a little front section on sunday for work. The last picture is me today; up in 2 puffs for workout. Will wash tomorrow and braid for a braid out to party 4th of july.

image-156511988.jpg

image-1499412126.jpg

image-3877378223.jpg

image-211272338.jpg

image-2211865105.jpg

image-156511988.jpg

Attachments

• image-3376319268.jpg
    image-3376319268.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 9
  • image-1166277492.jpg
    image-1166277492.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image-3855205191.jpg
    image-3855205191.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image-3067575303.jpg
    image-3067575303.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image-532054681.jpg
    image-532054681.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
My braidout got wet and messed up yesterday, it's now in my "minnie mouse" bun (as I call it :lol:)

Attachments

• 20130612_150911.jpg
    20130612_150911.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 35
I had so many single strand knots, yall. I did a trim search and destroy style. I purchased a wig of synthetic hair...its okay. I think im going to invest in a nice human hair wig

kaykari Before you buy a human hair wig, do a youtube search for how to make your own U-part wig (lover4Fashion has a good one). It's basically just sewing or gluing your choice of hair onto a wig cap. Super easy

Currently I'm obsessed with supplements after discovering this "Mineral Rich" drink that people are taking for hair growth. I couldn't find it and not trying to order online so decided on the next best thing -- purchase the individual vitamins/minerals that make it effective. The three key ingredients are silica, biotin and b12. I've been taking biotin already but my skin has been breaking out lately -- pretty sure it's due to taking 5000mcg's and not getting enough water. So nixing it for a while and just going to take silica, b12 and a multi for the month of July.

I purchased a bottle of Silica yesterday (brand: Hubner Silicea). It's a thick, tasteless, grainy gel that you're supposed to take straight or mix with juice/water. I'm pretty good with taking supplements but this stuff is next level :nono: Definitely need to mix w/ juice or somehow acquire a taste for it straight.

Anyone else taking vitamins?

^^^I am! Been drinking bamboo leaf tea for about a month for the silica. Also taking a multi vitamin, vitamin D/cal, MSM and maca root (not for hair growth :-))

Back