HIDE THE HEAT: SUMMER 2013 CHALLENGE

I'm in my box braids. I straightened on the 17th & was done with my straight hair after about 2 days lol!

I had a few rough ends, so I trimmed about 1inch overall. Bring on the retention!!

:lachen:. Don't we all have one of those disrespectful areas.
Your baby's hair is just magnificent.
And yes 83 days baby. By the end of the weekend we'll be in the 70's. Times fly when we're having fun:lol:.

ronie
Yes we do. There was a whole thread about it called the "wack patch" lmbo. So apparently its rampant!
Thank you for the compliment on my babies hair, shes lucky bc it curls withOUT product! Mine turns to cotten candy without anything in it. Smh

And YAAAASSSSS I am ready to be in the 70s girly. But September is the perfect tome to straighten. Not too much humidity!

Lmao :lachen:My left side is the dis-respekful side. It neeeeeds to catch up

AlliCat. Lol. I guess we all have these issues. But lemme tellll u! I canNOT do wash n goes anymore. My hair literally turned into a giant tangled mess! I either have to wash and braid immediately to air dry or rollerset. I had so mych breakage today from detangling, it was a shame! At least I have a game plan now! Whew!!!

I'm in the hair school getting a roller set. Once I have more time I will experiment at home. Pics to come :-)

This weekend planning to do the most to my hair in terms of washing, conditioning etc.

Gonna cornrow after my hair air dries, so that I can't flat iron my hair even if I wanted to. Leaving them in for the month of July.

very pretty!! How long were you there?

2 hours which wasn't bad. It took her an hour to wash and roll...it seemed my 3b/c APLish hair was getting the best of hair at times lol and then almost an hour under the dryer. My hair usually doesn't usually take that long to dry. So Im hoping a larger roller will speed up the process a bit.

I am a bit late, but I would like to join! I haven't used heat since February and I don't plan to until the end of summer. I am transitioning BTW..

I cowash twice a week and shampoo wash twice a month. I DC after every wash. I damp bun during the week and wear twist outs/braid outs on the weekend.

Attachments

• Fotor0624173057.jpg
    Fotor0624173057.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 24
Welcome ladies perfectlyImperfect NJoy AgeinATL.

jprayze love the roller set. This is a great way to stay away from the heat.
NJoy why you hiding your beautiful mane. You gonna join the challenge and not post a picture, lol. I got the oil by the way and I have been taking pictures of my thinning edges. Crossing my fingers cause I have not experienced the dreaded shedding, and it's been at least 3 weeks. To be honest I think the follicles in that area are just dead and nothing can help it, but after reading about your daughter s widow peak, I decided to take on the fight... AGAIN.

I am a bit late, but I would like to join! I haven't used heat since February and I don't plan to until the end of summer. I am transitioning BTW..

I cowash twice a week and shampoo wash twice a month. I DC after every wash. I damp bun during the week and wear twist outs/braid outs on the weekend.

AgeinATL :welcome:

what products do you use?

So yeah..I had to blow dry my hair so that the whole braiding process tomorrow will be easy sailing....

....but I'll be back on the no heat bandwagon tomorrow though :yep:

So yeah..I had to blow dry my hair so that the whole braiding process tomorrow will be easy sailing....

....but I'll be back on the no heat bandwagon tomorrow though :yep:

I'm getting braids soon and I'm going to try detangle and stretch my hair but more than likely the braider is going to pull out the blow dryer. Probably better if I do it than her...so I know exactly what you mean!

I don't need it, but I would love to do a blowout right about now:look: Sigh.

I washed and DC'd my hair and was bored. I was uber tempted to drag out that comb attached blowdryer and rock some bantu knot outs:nono:

What did u end up doing to your hair?

@AgeinATL :welcome:

what products do you use?

Hi!!

Product Listing
Shampoo-I actually use Shea Moisture's Purification Mask. It actually cleans my hair. I have yet to find a shampoo that I love. I clarify with ORS Creamy Aloe.
Cowash Conditioner-As I Am Coconut Cowash
Moisture DC-Silk Dreams Chocolate Bliss or Bee Mine Bee-u-ti-ful Deep Conditioner
Protein DC-BASK Vanilla Whiskey Repairative Hair Soak
Leave in-Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-in
Moisturizer-Camille Rose Hair Milk
Oil-EVCO
Styler-Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Butter Gel or Bee Mine Curly Butter
Daily Spritz-Distilled Water, EVCO, a squirt of my moisturizer and a squirt of my leave in.

I'm getting braids soon and I'm going to try detangle and stretch my hair but more than likely the braider is going to pull out the blow dryer. Probably better if I do it than her...so I know exactly what you mean!

Yes! I'm just trying to prevent for any situation where someone has to rip through my hair with a comb! Some folks act like just because they're putting your hair in braids they can be just as reckless as they want to be with it.

Tatilove :welcome: what's your regimen?

Welcome Tatilove. How are you planning to heat free style your hair?
BTW 85 days left ladies. We re doing great.

Hello ladies :)

I don't have a very solid regimen as I am very new to this. I started my hair journey this month. I try to cowash a couple of times a week, with each cowash a deep condition. But I think I might need a protein treatment right now. But I do try to keep up with the moisturing.

When I want to wear my hair straight, I'll probably just wear a rollerset after washing. I used to do that all the time in high school, and it always looked good. I've also seen a lot of heat free curl tutorials on YT, so when going out, I'll try some of those. But for work, I usually wear just a pony tail or bun (even though there isn't much to bun lol.)

Here is a picture of my bun. My hair is very short, it's not even shoulder length yet so I had to pull each strand hair over the doughnut lol

Attachments

• 2013-06-29 15.13.49.jpg
    2013-06-29 15.13.49.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Back