HIDE THE HEAT: SUMMER 2013 CHALLENGE

[USER][/USER]
Welcome @Tatilove. How are you planning to heat free style your hair?
BTW 85 days left ladies. We re doing great.[/QUOTE

ronie....there you go again.....reminding me how loooooooongggg we have left......:perplexed

I kid....:lachen:

Anyway...I haven't cracked yet, planning on cowashing today before work, airdrying to about 70% dry, then putting up in a bun.

:lachen::lachen:. 85 is better than 90. Think about it this way you will never see 85 again. Tomorrow is 84:lol:

Added flexi curls to my wig last night. and I don't like it. Definitely letting the curls fall during the week then back to straight next week. Typical case of "if it aint broke, don't fix it" :drunk:

ETA: still getting compliments @ work. Maybe it's not so bad :look:

How are you ladies wearing your hair these days?

Last edited:
KInda boring today with it pulled back in a one twist held in place with a hair clip. But I like that is out of site and off my neck.

My hair is still in a bun, day two-ends damp with conditioner/water/alma oil mixture . I decided I'm just going to wet bun on the morning wash days because I'm unsure if daily wet bunning is causing mild breakage. It could also be because I'm too lazy to detangle my hair daily. Going to henna in two weeks to strengthen my hair.

My hair is still in a bun, day two-ends damp with conditioner/water/alma oil mixture . I decided I'm just going to wet bun on the morning wash days because I'm unsure if daily wet bunning is causing mild breakage. It could also be because I'm too lazy to detangle my hair daily. Going to henna in two weeks to strengthen my hair.

jerseyhaircare what kind of henna do you use and does it change your hair color? I've been thinking about trying this

I use the Dulhan brand. It makes my hair a dark red like a rinse but I actually like the color. :lick:The only problem I don't like is the application process. This is my first time doing it with my daughter (3m) so let's see how it turns out. She not a very patient individual.:look:

I got a new set of twists yesterday. I am getting better at it. Those look decent enough to leave the house with. I put on a small headband and out of the house I am.

image-712666428.jpg

image-1477436276.jpg

image-842541036.jpg

Napp where art thou.. are you in :grin:

AlliCat I think i can make it! i havent used the blowdryer in a few days.

it turns out that i cant use gels or rinse out conditioners as a leave in if i want my hair to dry quickly with no heat. i have been using leave ins specifically and my hair dries much quicker!:yep:

Added flexi curls to my wig last night. and I don't like it. Definitely letting the curls fall during the week then back to straight next week. Typical case of "if it aint broke, don't fix it" :drunk:

ETA: still getting compliments @ work. Maybe it's not so bad :look:

How are you ladies wearing your hair these days?

I think you should try big rollers. I think this wig would look great with big curls, if you don't mind them.

Ok so my hair is pretty much the same length, however my right side (aka my dis-respekful side). Is tighter and shrinks more than my left side. Another reason why I hate NOT using heat...but I am still sticking with it....@ronie.....how many days left? 'Cause I know ur gonna tell me. Lmbo!!!! Pic of me and my baby lookin like cousin "IT" thrown in for good measure! Lol

Attachments

• image-1544368283.jpg
    image-1544368283.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 24
  • image-2000895940.jpg
    image-2000895940.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
So I have been doing chunky twists into a bun and baggying. Then I tried something different today because I was going out for dinner. So I wore a lose ponytail. Mind you I wear my hair lose once every three months or so. So it was a real treat,lol.

I know we want to use some heat, but who can in this weather?:nono:

Ok so my hair is pretty much the same length, however my right side (aka my dis-respekful side). Is tighter and shrinks more than my left side. Another reason why I hate NOT using heat...but I am still sticking with it....@ronie.....how many days left? 'Cause I know ur gonna tell me. Lmbo!!!! Pic of me and my baby lookin like cousin "IT" thrown in for good measure! Lol
:lachen:. Don't we all have one of those disrespectful areas.
Your baby's hair is just magnificent.
And yes 83 days baby. By the end of the weekend we'll be in the 70's. Times fly when we're having fun:lol:.

Hi I'm a little late but I wanna join! I haven't used direct heat since May. I gave myself 6 heat passes for the year and I already used 4! So I need this challenge to help me budget better :-). I can save those 2 for the fall and end of the year.

I've been fully natural for a year after transitioning for almost 2 years. I have some heat damaged ends that I'm slowly getting rid of. I have to hid them for my wash n gos...they are so straight :-(

My heat free styles
Wash n gos
Roller sets (I love getting these at the beauty school for $12...I say why bother to try at home :-))
Buns, of course! Wet buns or styled on air dryed hair
I could give my flexirods a whirl...they take so long to roll!
Hoping to get tree braids twice this summer so that will probably take me through the end of the challenge

I will post pics of today's wash n go later today. I currently just shy of APL and hoping this challenge along with summer growth spurt will help me get beyond there. I want to be BSL by the end of the year.

Last edited:
Hi I'm a little late but I wanna join! I haven't used direct heat since May. I gave myself 6 heat passes for the year and I already used 4! So I need this challenge to help me budget better :-). I can save those 2 for the fall and end of the year.

I've been fully natural for a year after transitioning for almost 2 years. I have some heat damaged ends that I'm slowly getting rid of. I have to hid them for my wash n gos...they are so straight :-(

My heat free styles
Wash n gos
Roller sets (I love getting these at the beauty school for $12...I say why bother to try at home :-))
Buns, of course! Wet buns or styled on air dryed hair
I could give my flexirods a whirl...they take so long to roll!
Hoping to get tree braids twice this summer so that will probably take me through the end of the challenge

I will post pics of today's wash n go later today. I currently just shy of APL and hoping this challenge along with summer growth spurt will help me get beyond there. I want to be BSL by the end of the year.

Welcome jprayze. You can do it.

i may join if my roller sets turns out nice today. there is no sense in wearing my hair straight in this muggy heat. i plan on wearing it curly and maintaining the curls with my satin rollers.

I like my heat free hair today, lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130627_104804.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130627_104804.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 30
  • ForumRunner_20130627_104835.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130627_104835.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Lmao :lachen:My left side is the dis-respekful side. It neeeeeds to catch up

i just did a wash n go today. i feel like wash n going daily is helping my hair not to get so tangled. i wonder if i can keep it up as my hair gets longer. its the easiest style ever!

i think this will end up being my first official post here. But id love to join if i still can.

I havent used heat in about amonth and i plan on being in mini twists for the summer. wearing them for four weeks at a time and washing them as needed. (essentially when my scalp starts yelling bad things at me:nono:).

when i take them down i will probably do a henna treatment the throw these bad boys back up. i where the twists in various styles. mostly pinned up at work and all over my head at home. i spritz the twists daily.

i think this will end up being my first official post here. But id love to join if i still can.

I havent used heat in about amonth and i plan on being in mini twists for the summer. wearing them for four weeks at a time and washing them as needed. (essentially when my scalp starts yelling bad things at me:nono:).

when i take them down i will probably do a henna treatment the throw these bad boys back up. i where the twists in various styles. mostly pinned up at work and all over my head at home. i spritz the twists daily.

Pics! Lol.

Lol i knew that was comng. im currently at work. obviously NOT doing what im supposed to be doing so i will post them when i get home!

ETA: mini twist after one wash and braided to add some wave.

Attachments

• IMAG0577.jpg
    IMAG0577.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Is it too late to join?

This will be too easy for me because I don't use heat. And it's really not just for the health of my hair but I'm usually too lazy to go through all the work it takes to flat iron my hair. *whew*

So I look forward to being in this challenge for no-heat styling ideas. :lick:

My typical regi:

I cleanse my hair 2x/week -midweek I use a detoxing cowash to purify my scalp and hair and then I deep condition with steam on the weekends.

I oil pre-poo overnight and oil rinse in the morning on cowash days.

LOC and wear my hair in Celie-type braids or twists mostly.

I'm loving the texture of my hair, which seems transformed lately. No way do I want to mess that up with heat. Not right now, anyway. :rolleyes:

@rririla When i use mesh rollers and a creamy leave in i get very straight results at the roots

straight+n+stuff+010.jpg

straight+n+sexy+roots+015.jpg

I also have some tips on getting smooth results with no heat using magnetic rollers.

Im thinking about joining. I want to reunite with my natural hair for a while before i go back to straightening

Napp

Girl, those are fabulous results. You're natural, right?

Is it too late to join?

This will be too easy for me because I don't use heat. And it's really not just for the health of my hair but I'm usually too lazy to go through all the work it takes to flat iron my hair. *whew*

So I look forward to being in this challenge for no-heat styling ideas. :lick:

My typical regi:

I cleanse my hair 2x/week -midweek I use a detoxing cowash to purify my scalp and hair and then I deep condition with steam on the weekends.

I oil pre-poo overnight and oil rinse in the morning on cowash days.

LOC and wear my hair in Celie-type braids or twists mostly.

I'm loving the texture of my hair, which seems transformed lately. No way do I want to mess that up with heat. Not right now, anyway. :rolleyes:

NJoy :welcome:

Back