HIDE THE HEAT: SUMMER 2013 CHALLENGE

Joining in on this. I am 4 weeks post and going for 24 weeks. Planning to install Havana twists for the summer. Since I can't seem to keep anything in for very long I'll keep them in for 3 weeks and bun on the 4th week. Rinse and repeat until I get tired of them. Right now I cowash 4-5 days per week after my workouts and damp bun. Will participate more when the challenge starts as I am preparing for exams on Thursday.

Kim0105 :welcome: best of luck on your exams!!

I tried blowing on cool and it took to long so I used low again. I don't dry my hair all of the way but just enough that the outside doesn't look soul glo like lol

@ronie

I have faith that YOU will do it....I need a lil more conviction...I am praying that I don't relapse, but I did see a video that Marcherie did about how to straighten roots WITHOUT HEAT, after a rollerset!...It's posted in the setting for success thread if u want to check it out!

I'm sure you will have a nice surprise in September...ur hair is lovely already!

Awwwwww thanks. Trying to get close to your level of lovely if you know what I mean, lol. I know you can do it too.
I love the setting thread: the pictures are so gorgeous. But my short 4b/c hair will laugh at me if I attempt this. I did try it to stretch hair once though: was ok, but I love braids better.
Lets stay positive, you will not relapse.

I tried blowing on cool and it took to long so I used low again. I don't dry my hair all of the way but just enough that the outside doesn't look soul glo like lol
Napp

Hmm... do you think we should tweak the challenge a bit to include using the dryer on warm to be OK? Now that I think about it, we use machines at the same temperature (or even hotter) to do our DC's so why not allow it to be used otherwise? or is that defeating the purpose of no-heat?

Thoughts anyone?

How are you ladies wearing your hair today?

My go-to HFSOTD this week has been a messy donut bun:

f0xn.jpg

I'm home for 2 weeks so after cowashing and DC last night I put in these ugly twists. Will put a scarf on if I have to leave the house. On Friday I will rock a twist out. Shampoo and DC on Saturday and back to ugly twists for a week.

image-3561364896.jpg

@Napp

Hmm... do you think we should tweak the challenge a bit to include using the dryer on warm to be OK? Now that I think about it, we use machines at the same temperature (or even hotter) to do our DC's so why not allow it to be used otherwise? or is that defeating the purpose of no-heat?

Thoughts anyone?

I want this challenge to stay hardcore though. :armyhat:

get-attachment.aspx.jpg This is what my hair is looking like, took this yesterday but nothing much is changing for the rest of the week...might bun my lil fro' but other than that it's in a curly ponytail!

Sorry it's sideways...my iphone does some interesting things and I am too challenged to fix it...lol

Last edited:
I can join this challenge because I seldom blow dry and flat iron. I think I have only once this year. My regimen is basically cowash, air drying and bunning 2-3 times a week. Even on relaxer day in Sept it will be a rollerset. So I'm in. I am almost 3 wks post relaxer.

I can join this challenge because I seldom blow dry and flat iron. I think I have only once this year. My regimen is basically cowash, air drying and bunning 2-3 times a week. Even on relaxer day in Sept it will be a rollerset. So I'm in. I am almost 3 wks post relaxer.
janeemat Welcome! Sounds like you're keeping it simple. Do you use sulfate shampoos at all?

Today's wash day:
- Shampooed with Agadir (sulfate free)
- DC'd with Silicon Mix Bambu
- Leave-in Roux Treatment & Shine
- air dry with scarf method
- Moisturize with NTM Silk Touch and seal

Today's starting pic (damp hair). My goal for this challenge is to grow & retain the full 3 inches which would put me a lot closer to waist length. Also really want to thicken the ends and I think the elimination of heat over the next few months will help

hair.jpg

Last edited:
[USER][/USER]AlliCat....two things....(1)ur hair is beautiful....(2) very random, but I love that mirror in ur last post!!!!....lol!!! I need one of those!

@janeemat Welcome! Sounds like you're keeping it simple. Do you use sulfate shampoos at all?

I still use shampoos. My staple is Kenra Moisturizing Poo or Kenra Color Care poo. It depends on how far in my stretch I am whether I use poo or not. I learned that the hard way.

Cowashed last night with Nexxus Humectress, airdried with scarf method. Leave in-Lacio Lacio and Infusium 23. Slept on my satin pillow and scarf with hair in 3 braids. This morning moisturized with my spray bottle (mix of water, Lacio Lacio, Infusium, and SCurl), sealed with coconut oil and threw back in a bun. Will leave in bun till tomorrow afternoon-spraying it as needed.

I'm in! :)

I washed my hair last night, did a rollerset and sat under the dryer for a lil bit. Then this morning didn't go over the curls with a curling iron. Thank God! Because I have been crazy heat happy as of late, so I need this challenge.

I'll probably be washing 3X a week and using the hooded dryer each time. And I may look into deep conditioning 1X a week. Anyway. I'm excited!

My main challenge will be finding other styles besides the headband since my hair is short The headband is a fine default for me, but something cuter on the weekends or when I'm going out would be nice.

roni.... I'm still in. Gettin a partial on or about July 5....piece of cake. Lol

Isn't that cheating:look:
I kid I kid:lachen:
Anything to keep us away from the heat. If my edges were not in such bad shape i would get some kinky twists for 4 weeks at a time.
Stronger, healthier strands for fall.

Back