He texted me first...

shetara20

Hey ladies if any of you remember i am going through a breakup right now. It has been exactly 3 weeks since i got the text message of him breaking up with me. Today(not that long ago). He decided he wants to text me

"hey just sayin hi and seeing how you were doing. i know u prob dont want anything to do with me but i just hope you could find it in your heart to forgive me someday in the future."

now, how do i respond to this???
Do I even respond???
What should I say?????

If he wants forgiveness he will come to you like a man and ask for it. Texts are for cowards who send out feelers to see how you're feeling first because they are too scared to put themselves out there.
IGNORE!!

IGNORE/DELETE is the best option. People hate to be ignored.

But, if you're like me and don't ignore well, say one word as Lboogie suggested, "forgiven" "okay" or "gotcha."

Finally, if it's really on your heart to say something (I mean REALLY), then say it. Keep it over text, say everything you wanted to and BE DONE!

IGNORE! He gave you no respect when he broke up with you in the text in the 1st place. Why should you respond to him. Act like it never happened

Grown people need to stop communicating about serious issues via text. It's lame. Tbh, I think this is one of those situations where you need to do what truly feel you need to. If it was me, I'd probably delete though. My thought process would be that if he did not respect me enough to dump me face to face, I don't think I'd bother to ease his guilt by texting back even if I had forgiven him.

The why you should respond, is that you do not respond. He is looking for a way to ease back into the picture. I guess he loves to text a real man would have picked up the phone.

I would not respond. Speaking from the experiences of others:look: when the guy is the one who breaks up with you, he will do things to string you along. Before you know it, you still haven't gotten back together, but are doing things that you once did while you were involved. It can turn into a friends with "benefits" kind of arrangement, and before you know it you are getting hurt all over again, and he's telling you about his new girl friend...:wallbash:

Give yourself time to heal. He was a jerk for breaking up with you via text message.

Ignore and delete it. If he thinks you're insignificant enough to be broken up with via text, then please find his lame-o apology via text just as insignificant. He's a coward plain and simple. He's hiding behind text messages instead of talking to you face to face or at the very least, by phone.

If you have to respond, you can say "I forgave you before you ever asked to be forgiven. Now please don't waste your time contacting me anymore" ...

I'm with everyone else...delete.
Reminds me SATC when Berger broke up with Carrie on a post it note. What is wrong with some people?

I'd never answer that text and make him call a few times before I answered. I'd be short as hell with him too.

ok....yall know momma bout to light a newport on dis one hea....

*lights up a newport one hunnert....and takes a sip of my Grand Marnier*

lemme git dis hea straight....he breaks up with u via text message, then turns around n texts u again askin for forgiveness......ok..i see he got a lil bytch in him.... see, das dat bullsh-t. lemme tell u what happened and why he pressed now. first of all before i even go der, know that now at this point, u have FULL THROTTLE CONTROL. he prolly met some buckethead, slept with her, realized da grass wasn't so green on da otha side, now he ready to jump his azzz right back cross da fence. put da bobwire up on dat fence shuga n stop dat dog dead in his tracks, cuz now, u got dat bama by da short n curlies....

these ladies told u right...IGNORE him. people hate to be ignored. if you respond, you have lost control. i repeat..if you respond, you have lost control, cuz now, you are sending a message to him that it was ok to break up with you via text, and treat you any ole kinda way with no regards to your feelings. think about that for a minute. he is immature and late. its ur world now, and i would straight carry that bama....DON'T RESPOND. so what he realized he screwed up....and?? don't let him live rent free in ur mind or ur heart cuz u come first...

chile, puleez...fluck him and feed him beans n keep it pimpin....NEXT!

sorry yall...blame it on da alchohol...:ohwell:

Does he watch Sex and the City? Berger broke up with Carrie over a Post-It. :nono:

How could you be in a relationship with someone and not even have the decency to speak to them face-to-face about ending it?

DO NOT RESPOND!

Back