He texted me first...

I'd never answer that text and make him call a few times before I answered. I'd be short as hell with him too.

...and not just short, but utterly preoccupied. Distracted and completely thrilled with how great you life has been since he's been go-ooooone!

Guuurl! Let him hear the gleeful SMILE in your voice too.:grin:

Ignore him. Don't reply, don't answer when he calls, change his name in your phone to "do not answer".

I LOVE this suggestion!:lachen::lachen::lachen:
...and if you see him on the street and he asks "What's up?" Tell him.

..."the number came up DO NOT ANSWER...so I DIDN'T". :lachen::lachen::lachen:

ok....yall know momma bout to light a newport on dis one hea....

*lights up a newport one hunnert....and takes a sip of my Grand Marnier*

lemme git dis hea straight....he breaks up with u via text message, then turns around n texts u again askin for forgiveness......ok..i see he got a lil bytch in him.... see, das dat bullsh-t. lemme tell u what happened and why he pressed now. first of all before i even go der, know that now at this point, u have FULL THROTTLE CONTROL. he prolly met some buckethead, slept with her, realized da grass wasn't so green on da otha side, now he ready to jump his azzz right back cross da fence. put da bobwire up on dat fence shuga n stop dat dog dead in his tracks, cuz now, u got dat bama by da short n curlies....

these ladies told u right...IGNORE him. people hate to be ignored. if you respond, you have lost control. i repeat..if you respond, you have lost control, cuz now, you are sending a message to him that it was ok to break up with you via text, and treat you any ole kinda way with no regards to your feelings. think about that for a minute. he is immature and late. its ur world now, and i would straight carry that bama....DON'T RESPOND. so what he realized he screwed up....and?? don't let him live rent free in ur mind or ur heart cuz u come first...

chile, puleez...fluck him and feed him beans n keep it pimpin....NEXT!

sorry yall...blame it on da alchohol...:ohwell:

TJG,

Every time I read the bolded above...I can actually SEE it! ROFL!

TJG,

Every time I read the bolded above...I can actually SEE it! ROFL!

u seein right chile....cuz i really be doin it..i sit at my desk in my office, with my computer, ashtray right ova to da side.....cig propted right up in it...just burnin.....:yep: sometimes, if da topic is hot, and i'm really feelin da post, then i'll just hold it in my mouth wif da ash just hangin....gotta be careful with that tho cuz i had a lil accident doin that.....cinged a few hairs on my tracks gurl....it was not cute....

Does he watch Sex and the City? Berger broke up with Carrie over a Post-It. :nono:

How could you be in a relationship with someone and not even have the decency to speak to them face-to-face about ending it?

DO NOT RESPOND!

Yeah Berger PISSED me off when he did that... I was like how cowardly of you!!!

DELETE...he'll call the next time he tries to contact you, when he does be very nice and 2min into it say you got another call.

i didnt text him back i think he might call..... ill keep everyone updated

Oh boy. He's testing you to see how much BS you will tolerate.

He wants you back ma, if only JUST for sex. He's reaching out to see if he can wiggle his way back to your heart and use you.

Please block his number.

Oh boy. He's testing you to see how much BS you will tolerate.

He wants you back ma, if only JUST for sex. He's reaching out to see if he can wiggle his way back to your heart and use you.

Please block his number.

i actually wanna believe that but only time will tell. im waiting for him to man up and call.

:yep: don't humor this nonsense. If he really wants closure then he needs to give you closure as well.

I was by no means trying to make light of the OP situation, the texting on her ex's part is so uncalled for, she deserved from the beginning to have him break up with her like a man, if not face-to-face, then voice-to-voice.

I was by no means trying to make light of the OP situation, the texting on her ex's part is so uncalled for, she deserved from the beginning to have him break up with her like a man, if not face-to-face, then voice-to-voice.
Oh, I think Kawaii was agreeing with you and saying to OP "Don't humor/don't entertain/don't pay attention to what nonsense he's trying to bring to you."

Stay strong, OP! When you want to text him back THINK ABOUT what he did to have you in that situation in the first place. Sometimes recalling REAL emotions helps the false nostalgia that makes us make dumb decisions from creeping in.
~*Janelle~*

I would not respond. Speaking from the experiences of others:look: when the guy is the one who breaks up with you, he will do things to string you along. Before you know it, you still haven't gotten back together, but are doing things that you once did while you were involved. It can turn into a friends with "benefits" kind of arrangement, and before you know it you are getting hurt all over again, and he's telling you about his new girl friend...:wallbash:

Give yourself time to heal. He was a jerk for breaking up with you via text message.

ITA! Your post is spot on. :yep:

Does he watch Sex and the City? Berger broke up with Carrie over a Post-It. :nono:

How could you be in a relationship with someone and not even have the decency to speak to them face-to-face about ending it?

DO NOT RESPOND!

Girl, you know you were not trying to showcase that baby in your siggy. You were trying to show case those nice legs of yours; the baby is nearly cropped out of the pic. Everytime I see you siggy, I ask myself why I haven't worked out for the past two weeks. :lachen:

Hey ladies if any of you remember i am going through a breakup right now. It has been exactly 3 weeks since i got the text message of him breaking up with me. Today(not that long ago). He decided he wants to text me

"hey just sayin hi and seeing how you were doing. i know u prob dont want anything to do with me but i just hope you could find it in your heart to forgive me someday in the future."

now, how do i respond to this???
Do I even respond???
What should I say?????

I have forgiven you and God bless you and |I wish you peace. Now never text me again.
And delete his numbers. Ask Jesus to heal you and on the way of finding someone who loves you.

Back