He married you for dental surgery

UmSumayyah

So I was watching TV a little while ago and there's a show called "Extreme Cheapskates."

One of the men featured admitted to marrying his wife because he needed periodontal surgery and she had a job with good insurance. :look:

They were dating, dude didn't even have a job. When he got the news he needed surgery he proposed to his wife. They got married on a Tuesday and he had surgery the next day. :ohwell:

She's walking along holding his hand telling the story like it's cute. :blush:

They've been married 25 years. :spinning:

I just saw that episode on Amazon Prime!

You see that she doubted him right away. People threw rice after their wedding at the courthouse, he picked up the rice, took him home and cooked him. She said that she second-guessed her choice then.

ETA: I'm glad that they don't have kids. He is too cheap for life.

Or at least the show didn't mention kids.

Last edited:
I started watching this show on Netflix. It was their anniversary and he got her gifts out the trash. What type of life is that? He is to cheap.

I just saw that episode on Amazon Prime!

You see that she doubted him right away. People threw rice after their wedding at the courthouse, he picked up the rice, took him home and cooked him. She said that she second-guessed her choice then.

ETA: I'm glad that they don't have kids. He is too cheap for life.

Or at least the show didn't mention kids.

I didn't even see the whole episode. Just the part with him asking people for their leftovers at the (obviously) cheap casual restaurant and the gifts he gave her. When they told the story of how they got married I had to rewind and replay to make sure I heard it right.

She clearly has self-esteem issues.

I saw this episode and I got the impression that she was deeply unhappy. She seemed like a woman who was desperate for a 'proper' life and was highly embarrased by him.

I have heard of this happening. Real story..this woman married a man who had good insurance so she could get some good dentures.

Will have sex for teeth. The man wants insurance. I have heard of people getting married for insurance but they usually settle down after dating. And then get on the insurance policy. Some people get married for insurance and still date.

Haha me and my bf literally just watched this on netflix. I felt for his wife and their anniversary dinner was crazy. Then I came to the realization she's okay with his ways, if not she would have left him by now. He straight up said he needed dental work and that's why he married her. Not that he was in love with her or anything sincere. That other couple the last one of this same episode, had me like wth also . Goat head , really??? I didn't even know that was edible. .lol

Haha me and my bf literally just watched this on netflix. I felt for his wife and their anniversary dinner was crazy. Then I came to the realization she's okay with his ways, if not she would have left him by now. He straight up said he needed dental work and that's why he married her. Not that he was in love with her or anything sincere. That other couple the last one of this same episode, had me like wth also . Goat head , really??? I didn't even know that was edible. .lol

He had dollars. I was wondering why he didn't get a whole chicken or something else. But he likes eating weird food.

After I saw why he proposed I was too thru.

I'm picturing them getting married and then him hurrying her to work so she can fill out the paperwork at HR and get it processed so the periodontist would perform the procedure. :nono:

That reminds of that documentary "Then the Levees Broke" (about Hurricane Katrina) when this one dude talked about how the first thing he did when he evacuated and relocated to Houston was "to find a woman with a house." :look: And that's what he did...even Spike Lee was like, "Wait - what?" Yeah. Like this couple they were holding hands on camera like it was all cute.

A college friend of mine did this for health insurance and the guy was well aware. They stayed married for about 12 years.

I started to watch this Netflix movie but I couldn't after watching that dumpster diving movie.

Not everyone marries for love because love doesn't pay the bills.

Hell gumming it through life is a tragedy and would be hard as hell so yes I'd marry for insurance. Hell I won't divorce the job I hate because of insurance!!!!!

After I saw why he proposed I was too thru.

I'm picturing them getting married and then him hurrying her to work so she can fill out the paperwork at HR and get it processed so the periodontist would perform the procedure. :nono:

Lmbo! I could so see that!

Back