Reasons Why You Don’t Date A Married/separated Man

I don’t think it is a good idea to start something before the other is over. I know sometimes people have long divorce proceedings and perhaps if a couple has been LEGALLY separated for more than a year maybe? No.

It’s just not for me. And some men cannot live without a wife. Those widowers who get remarried 2 months after the wife dies. You may end up finding you are a rebound.

I don't know that I could continue being his friend. He sounds like a stranger to you. The side chick is just hoping to be the last one standing after the wife has had enough and he's gotten all this mess out of his system.

Is this a mid life crisis? Lots of people divorce but the infidelity coupled with his other inconsistent behaviors makes me think something deeper is happening.
I am double thinking our friendship because right now he is a stranger and I can’t support his destructive decisions. Kinda like a drug addiction, you have to let them hit rock bottom and show them how their choices hurt you once they have found remorse. We haven’t spoken... and I prefer that right now.

I don’t think he is going through a midlife crisis. I know him and his wife has problems for a long time. I think he just snapped. I have no problem with him filing for divorce. I have no problem with him moving out.
I have a problem with the side chick, the partying, the neglect to his responsibilities and the kids. His best friend told me that I need to understand men “heal” differently and this is apart of it. I said bull ish.

And yes- after years of being married, a man will switch up on you and “get confused” not sure what he wants, blah blah blah to keep you dangling while he has his cake and eats it too. He is only getting away with this because both of them are letting him.

Never get too dependent on a man
Always have an f you stash
Love him but always keep in mind what he is capable of.

The wife quit her job to be a house wife and give him a child. She does hair for passive income. Now she has to find work again because the house is in her name and now he is refusing to pay for anything because he needs somewhere to go to.

I am LIVID- he is doing the same thing he always claimed to hate other men for.
They say the man you marry will not be the man you divorce. It was true in my parents divorce, my dad was an a** for no reason.

Per the OP. My dad remarried a month after the divorce was final, which was 2 years after the separation (and 25 years of marriage). He began seeing his new wife a few months after leaving my mom. The thing is, it was my mom who actually filed for divorce, not my dad. I still don't understand it because he was the one who was cheating and left, but I think he tried to make her as miserable as possible during the separation so that she would file, and then he could technically blame her for the end of the marriage. Anyways, could be generational, but the divorced/widowed men I know got re-married with a quickness.

The thing is, it was my mom who actually filed for divorce, not my dad. I still don't understand it because he was the one who was cheating and left, but I think he tried to make her as miserable as possible during the separation so that she would file, and then he could technically blame her for the end of the marriage. Anyways, could be generational, but the divorced/widowed men I know got re-married with a quickness.
They do this ALOT.
This is why I ALWAYS say to men who cheat- when you cheated, you ended the marriage (broke the contact in marriage to forsake all others). The rest was just finalizing the paperwork.

Back