Have you ever had an ex lightweight stalk you?

brg240

A friend of mine broke up with her long time boyfriend back in December 2009 and the following January got married to someone else. Well anyway I needed her to get something from her on Wed. and met her at school. While there she saw her ex coming from the opposite direction and was like Bri please walk with me to class. I was like okay and when he passed (like 20 ft away) he was like 'hi K(my friend)' she kept walking but I kinda glanced at him. Then she told me he has been showing up to her place of work. She said he came in one day but thankfully she wasn't his server, then her coworker said he has come multiple times. She said he's come in a couple times since then. :/

I told her this was really creepy. I should have asked her some more questions about it. I wonder out how he found her new job?

Has this happened to any of you all?

This did happen to me. I even posted a thread on it. He would show up at my job, on my dates (!!) and made up facebook aliases to try and talk to me. It was irritating but more scary than anything else.

This did happen to me. I even posted a thread on it. He would show up at my job, on my dates (!!) and made up facebook aliases to try and talk to me. It was irritating but more scary than anything else.

Oh my gosh that is scary. I'm glad he stopped(?) and your safe. Why did he stop if you don't mind me asking.

According to friends, and LHCF members.. I am the stalker (apparently) :look:

There was one guy I used to follow all the time. After months, he noticed there was always a little yellow car behind him. He came out and confronted me. I acted cool, told him... it was Gods way of saying we're meant to be. I wasn't following him, our destinations were purely coincidence. He didn't believe me and took me to court. I'm not allowed to be near him, it's been hard.. but I've learnt to accept it. Now I just cyber stalk him. Which is even more fun... he thinks he's talking to a Latisha Muhahaha :grin:

I got 'the guy i was dating' (he was actually my colleague lol) to call him and he told him that I was going to contact the police. I think it scared him off. The funny thing is that I don't believe he ever truly wanted me back....it was just to prove that he COULD if he wanted to, he wanted to beat his chest and restore his ego. Yup, he was that pathetic.

No, but I think your friend should let someone know where she is at all times. I don't know if she would be able to get a restraining order but she could look into it. What does her husband think? Is he doing anything about it?

There was one guy I used to follow all the time. After months, he noticed there was always a little yellow car behind him. He came out and confronted me. I acted cool, told him... it was Gods way of saying we're meant to be. I wasn't following him, our destinations were purely coincidence. He didn't believe me and took me to court. I'm not allowed to be near him, it's been hard.. but I've learnt to accept it. Now I just cyber stalk him. Which is even more fun... he thinks he's talking to a Latisha Muhahaha :grin:

I don't know if you're joking or not but I'm no the floor here laughing so hard!

:lachen:

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

You are a nut girl,lol

You may want to encourage your friend to get a restraining order. His behavior is consider stalking and is illegal in just about all states. better safe than sorry. I counsel tons of women in this situation and worst, in terms of abuse, all day. I am glad i haven't had this problem with a dude.

I have. My ex that I just broke up with in March has been stalking me. We were engaged to be married, but he was abusive (mentally & physically) and extremely jealous/controlling, so I broke it off. We were living together, so I moved in with my mom. He would just show up to my mom's house unannounced all the time. I would not open the door and he would knock for HOURS! He did this when he knew I was alone. He would call my mother and sister and ask to speak to them about me. My mom actually did meet with him, but I gave her the tongue lashing of a LIFETIME and she hasn't met with him since. I recently moved in with my sister, and he would show up at her house and knock on the door (when I'm alone). They (mom and sister) thought I was overreacting because they never saw the full effect of his crazy. Until one day he came and knocked on my sister's door at 1 am and we wouldn't answer the door, so he knocked on all windows and walked around the house looking in. We were TERRIFIED! He eventually left. Sometimes I'll be in a store and I look up and he's there, smiling at me. I don't talk to him, but just quickly leave. He tries to act like it's a coincidence. Right! I had to block his number because he would call my phone numerous times in a row. I was going to call the police on him, but my mom told me not to because she felt sorry for him. She kinda pissed me off, b/c I felt like she wasn't looking out for me. She has since jumped on board and told me to cut off all contact with him. He has also threatened to kill himself if I leave him/don't come back and he has a gun. This was how he got me to stay with him for so long. I was afraid he would really do it if I left. He has stopped showing up and calling. Hopefully he's done and has moved on since it's been 5 months. I really hope so. SIGH

Wow @ some of these stories. I've been light-to heavy weight stalked as well. Other than scary it's very stressful.

OP, Im a bit confused. She dumped him Dec and married in January?

Didn't you say he confronted you a few days ago? You opened a thread stating it JUST happened and you were afraid you would be taken to court. You wouldn't have gone to court that fast and received a ruling, no way. That just doesn't make sense. And if you look at your previous thread people proved your pics of your fake smashed car were from the internet and that everything was a hoax. I really hope you're okay and that you find the help you need. I wish you all the best. Let's try to keep on point in this thread about real situations because Op is looking for advice about a real situation.

Showing up multiple times to her place of business and school is not lightweight stalking. She needs to call the police and get a restraining order yesterday.

Wow @ some of these stories. I've been light-to heavy weight stalked as well. Other than scary it's very stressful.

I think men don't like rejection even if they deserve it they go crazy. I was calling the police on a guy pratically everyday because he would pop up places I would be but when he start kicking my door like he was going to kick it in was wayyyyy over the top and scary :perplexed

the bold stood out to me to...

I think she means the next january 13 months later. So ole boy had over a year to get over her. Maybe she met mr right a few months later and he didn't play, knew what he wanted, and asked her to get married.

She also needs to tell hubby what's up as well.:yep:

bahahahahhaha I know people don't like trolls but you're funny! Come up with some more stories please. :popcorn: :look:

I have. My ex that I just broke up with in March has been stalking me. We were engaged to be married, but he was abusive (mentally & physically) and extremely jealous/controlling, so I broke it off. We were living together, so I moved in with my mom. He would just show up to my mom's house unannounced all the time. I would not open the door and he would knock for HOURS! He did this when he knew I was alone. He would call my mother and sister and ask to speak to them about me. My mom actually did meet with him, but I gave her the tongue lashing of a LIFETIME and she hasn't met with him since. I recently moved in with my sister, and he would show up at her house and knock on the door (when I'm alone). They (mom and sister) thought I was overreacting because they never saw the full effect of his crazy. Until one day he came and knocked on my sister's door at 1 am and we wouldn't answer the door, so he knocked on all windows and walked around the house looking in. We were TERRIFIED! He eventually left. Sometimes I'll be in a store and I look up and he's there, smiling at me. I don't talk to him, but just quickly leave. He tries to act like it's a coincidence. Right! I had to block his number because he would call my phone numerous times in a row. I was going to call the police on him, but my mom told me not to because she felt sorry for him. She kinda pissed me off, b/c I felt like she wasn't looking out for me. She has since jumped on board and told me to cut off all contact with him. He has also threatened to kill himself if I leave him/don't come back and he has a gun. This was how he got me to stay with him for so long. I was afraid he would really do it if I left. He has stopped showing up and calling. Hopefully he's done and has moved on since it's been 5 months. I really hope so. SIGH

Wow. I'm sorry about that but I think you should notify the police and protect yourself.

Two times.

The first was an ex-fiancee that broke up with me. A week later he wanted back in and I wasn't having it. His punk-A even had his little sister calling my house prank calling or begging me to come over 'cause his punk-A needed to see me. :nono: The last straw was a few months later, he came to my apt. and VERY surprisingly put his hands on me. I had scratches on my neck and all the buttons on my cute outfit ripped off (no punches). Later that night his family is begging me not to call the police and I agreed as long as they kept his punk-A away from me. New dude also paid him a visit and I had a "goon" that was gonna hook me up if I said the word. :grin: A few years later after I had moved out of state, he got in touch with me through one of my friends and wanted me to move back and be with him. :lol: :rofl: (lightweight/stupid)

The other stalker was a lot more mentally menacing. Deep-down crazy, but cool as hell on the surface. We had been platonic friends since jr. high school. Ten years later we got closer, but not a couple. The pre-stalking never got physical, but it was heading in that direction. He would try to punk me, and I talked **** back to him and he would get angrier and angrier. To this day still, I would do my best to avoid him, and did just that for a few years when I still lived in that same city. He's the kind that would try to run you off the road with his car or jump from behind a tree dressed in all black with gloves on or something. I left a note at his place and disappeared on his crazy arse. He looked for me at all my friends houses, luckily one had just moved, and I also went on vacation from work. This was 20+ years ago, I did see him once since then at a public event, about 8 years ago. I heard somebody speak and call my name, I looked around and it was him! :eek: I could tell he was still crazy as ever, if not crazier. I hope the chick that was with him is okay.....(potential heavyweight)

A friend of mine broke up with her long time boyfriend back in December 2009 and the following January got married to someone else.

I told her this was really creepy. I should have asked her some more questions about it. I wonder out how he found her new job?

Has this happened to any of you all?

I think she means the next january 13 months later. So ole boy had over a year to get over her. Maybe she met mr right a few months later and he didn't play, knew what he wanted, and asked her to get married.

She also needs to tell hubby what's up as well.:yep:

See that's why Im confused because she said it was in Dec of 09 when she dumped dude and got married the following January which is the year we are in now. If it's not a mistake then she got over ole stalker boy pretty quick!
I agree she needs to inform DH and others.

AAAH. I missed that 09. My brain was thinking a year. But you're so right. That was like a month. Was trying to give her the benefit. Either way it doesn't mean she deserves stalking but...boy did she move on super fast.

Back