Has anyone ever been to a dating coach before?

but you dont know where those women are meeting their men. its one thing to have a lot of sources of potential partners from friends and work and other types of environments. but if you dont have access to those and have to rely purely on meeting men under your own steam, i think your looks ARE whats most important.

Yep yep... this is exactly what I was going to say. Thank you bunny.

But wait a second, once while I was on my first week at work (lots of actors come there to have meetings about roles) I think this famous actor's (he's been in a famous series in the UK and a big movie here) friend was trying to hit on me and it went RIGHT over my head (I didn't realize he/they were famous until after our convo)

I walked by him and he said hello, introduced himself, and shook my hand. I think I saw him size me up but I'm not sure? I could have sworn I saw him look me up and down at my legs, hips, and breasts. Maybe it wasn't like that. The actor said hello as well and shook my hand. The friend asked me what I did there and I told him. I'm thinking he's trying to be friendly so I ask them where they are from. The friend looks at me like I'm from another planet and tells me England, the actor just kind of laughs and smiles. At that point I'm like "Am I supposed to know who these people are?" I ask their names again and the actor's friend is STILL looking at me like I'm nuts. I tell them it was nice to meet them and go on about my business.

It's not until I do speak to my co-worker did I even realize that one of the guys was famous (the actor). I thought they worked at my job and I just hadn't met them yet

Was this guy hitting on me? I think so. Was he expecting me to be excited because he's famous or something? WTH did this guy want from me? Attention or something? I would never look at this man and think he liked black women. I really wasn't dressed any differently than I normally am. Why don't regular guys ever speak to me like that? SO MANY QUESTIONS

I don't even know if he was an actor himself

But wait a second, once while I was on my first week at work (lots of actors come there to have meetings about roles) I think this famous actor's (he's been in a famous series in the UK and a big movie here) friend was trying to hit on me and it went RIGHT over my head (I didn't realize he/they were famous until after our convo) I walked by him and he said hello, introduced himself, and shook my hand. I think I saw him size me up but I'm not sure? I could have sworn I saw him look me up and down at my legs, hips, and breasts. Maybe it wasn't like that. The actor said hello as well and shook my hand. The friend asked me what I did there and I told him. I'm thinking he's trying to be friendly so I ask them where they are from. The friend looks at me like I'm from another planet and tells me England, the actor just kind of laughs and smiles. At that point I'm like "Am I supposed to know who these people are?" I ask their names again and the actor's friend is STILL looking at me like I'm nuts. I tell them it was nice to meet them and go on about my business. It's not until I do speak to my co-worker did I even realize that one of the guys was famous (the actor). I thought they worked at my job and I just hadn't met them yet Was this guy hitting on me? I think so. Was he expecting me to be excited because he's famous or something? WTH did this guy want from me? Attention or something? I would never look at this man and think he liked black women. I really wasn't dressed any differently than I normally am. Why don't regular guys ever speak to me like that? SO MANY QUESTIONS I don't even know if he was an actor himself

What were their names/initials? :look:

But wait a second, once while I was on my first week at work (lots of actors come there to have meetings about roles) I think this famous actor's (he's been in a famous series in the UK and a big movie here) friend was trying to hit on me and it went RIGHT over my head (I didn't realize he/they were famous until after our convo)

I walked by him and he said hello, introduced himself, and shook my hand. I think I saw him size me up but I'm not sure? I could have sworn I saw him look me up and down at my legs, hips, and breasts. Maybe it wasn't like that. The actor said hello as well and shook my hand. The friend asked me what I did there and I told him. I'm thinking he's trying to be friendly so I ask them where they are from. The friend looks at me like I'm from another planet and tells me England, the actor just kind of laughs and smiles. At that point I'm like "Am I supposed to know who these people are?" I ask their names again and the actor's friend is STILL looking at me like I'm nuts. I tell them it was nice to meet them and go on about my business.

It's not until I do speak to my co-worker did I even realize that one of the guys was famous (the actor). I thought they worked at my job and I just hadn't met them yet

Was this guy hitting on me? I think so. Was he expecting me to be excited because he's famous or something? WTH did this guy want from me? Attention or something? I would never look at this man and think he liked black women. I really wasn't dressed any differently than I normally am. Why don't regular guys ever speak to me like that? SO MANY QUESTIONS

I don't even know if he was an actor himself

Maybe he was hitting on you. Maybe he wasn't. I don't think the guy "wanted" anything from you. If he did he would have been more proactive in getting it and you wouldn't be left wondering. As for why regular guys don't speak to you like that, I think the majority of posters in this thread have already given you a viable reason. Whether or not you want to believe our explanation is up to you.

Question: do you expect to randomly meet men while walking down the street? If so, that's an unrealistic expectation. Where do you socialize?

Maybe he was hitting on you. Maybe he wasn't. I don't think the guy "wanted" anything from you. If he did he would have been more proactive in getting it and you wouldn't be left wondering. As for why regular guys don't speak to you like that, I think the majority of posters in this thread have already given you a viable reason. Whether or not you want to believe our explanation is up to you.

Question: do you expect to randomly meet men while walking down the street? If so, that's an unrealistic expectation. Where do you socialize?

I go to art galleries, museums ,and free concerts/music events pretty much. The concerts I go to are usually old school R&B and hip-hop so the people there are much older than me

Hmm, do you see the types of men who interest you at these places? If not, then go where those men are. You can't really say that the men you'd be interested in don't approach you if you're never around them.

If you do see men who catch your eye at the galleries, museums, and free concerts then work on your "packaging" first and foremost. Also, if a man you don't know starts speaking to you out of the blue that means he at least finds you attractive. Converse with him and see where it goes.

OK so where are these men then? I don't know where to go. Alright, how am I supposed to show you if my "packaging" is working? Pictures?

I see where you're going, thanks for the advice

OK so where are these men then? I don't know where to go. Alright, how am I supposed to show you if my "packaging" is working? Pictures?

I see where you're going, thanks for the advice

I don't know for sure what type of men you want, but from an earlier post I'm going to assume you like educated, professional guys (you mentioned a sharp looking man in a suit). These men can usually be found at upscale sports bars, alumni networking events, charity events, sports matches, steakhouses, rooftop or hotel bars, professional conferences and conventions, and the men's department of high end department stores. Actually, check out the "How to Attract a Rich Man" thread. It is chock full of information about where to meet the kind of guy I think you're looking for.

Well if you want our feedback on your look then yes, pictures are the best way to do that if you feel comfortable posting in the thread. I understand if you don't. You can send someone you trust a PM or ask one of your friends IRL for feedback. Tell them to be candid and don't worry about hurting your feelings.

I don't know for sure what type of men you want, but from an earlier post I'm going to assume you like educated, professional guys (you mentioned a sharp looking man in a suit). These men can usually be found at upscale sports bars, alumni networking events, charity events, sports matches, steakhouses, rooftop or hotel bars, professional conferences and conventions, and the men's department of high end department stores. Actually, check out the "How to Attract a Rich Man" thread. It is chock full of information about where to meet the kind of guy I think you're looking for.

Well if you want our feedback on your look then yes, pictures are the best way to do that if you feel comfortable posting in the thread. I understand if you don't. You can send someone you trust a PM or ask one of your friends IRL for feedback. Tell them to be candid and don't worry about hurting your feelings.

Hmm I don't know any of these places around me. Anyway I'll figure something out

What about just regular post-grads like myself? I'm concerned that these guys might be too old for me. Or too bougie... IDK we'll see

00104990-03.jpg

00066101-01.jpg

00122472-03.jpg

Google is your friend. Search out places and events. I don't know what kind of guy you want. Figure out where men of your desired age, interests, education level, etc. spend their time and then go there.

As for the pictures you posted, those outfits look nice on the model but I have no clue how those styles look on YOU. It's okay not to post pictures of yourself on a public forum. Just get the feedback on how you specifically look in certain clothing, makeup and hairstyles from a few friends.

I'm asking if that is the feminine style you are speaking about rather than t-shirts.

Yes, those types of shirts are much more feminine than t-shirts. Experiment with different styles. Take a friend shopping with you to get feedback. Also check out fashion blogs for inspiration. Good luck!

I'm asking if that is the feminine style you are speaking about rather than t-shirts.

I wanted to add that the express portofino shirt drapes beautifully on the body. They may even have some on clearance now. They come in long and short sleeve. I have 5 now in solids or prints.

Back