Hairveda products are amazing!!

I thought I was the only one that the Strinella didn't work for. I used it with heat and without. Im giving mine away. I didn't see results with it. But I do love my vatika frosting. I can see its wonders.

The way I use the Sitrinilah is applying it like a relaxer and leave it on overnight.
Great results, super soft and silky!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one that the Strinella didn't work for. I used it with heat and without. Im giving mine away. I didn't see results with it. But I do love my vatika frosting. I can see its wonders.

What didn't you like about it and how many times did you try it? I'm such a fan of this product. It's hard for me to imagine it not working for someone. Of course I know that everything doesn't work for everyone. But I want to help you trouble shoot before you give up on it. Maybe your hair had build up on it. I also comb mine through my hair before I let it sit.

am i the only one the sitrinilla did nothing for? it didnt make my hair hard but it didnt moisturize it either. i used it with heat for 30 minutes and nothing. i have 2 jars of it so i am going to use it up. im thinking of mixing it with honey.
what i will say though is that my hair didnt feel moisturized but something in that conditioner made my hair straight. im relaxed but i still have a lot of curl left(a result of stretching for 11 months) and when i got out the shower there was litle to no curl in sight.

so am i the only one?

Nope I tried it with and then without heat, miminal moisture but great smell. I've been using it because of that smell. I have also almost finished my jar I think I have just one more application. But I have found that Aussie moist does a better job on MY hair.

I agree with ^^^^ I love the smell but it don't do anything for my hair, but I Order Vatika Frosting Like it is going out of style, I LOVE THAT OIL!!!! I will have enough to make it all the way thru sept. '09' I order a few at a time LOL!!!

I received my products this weekend. I ordered the whipped cream, vatika frosting, and almond glaze. I love ALL of em. They smell so delish. I've been baggying all week with the wc and sealing with the vf. I washed my hair tonight and I am amazed at how soft and shiny my hair is. I'm 16 wks post and my hair was a breeze to detangle.

I

Nah, wasn't me ma. You better get to pulling that stuff outta the closet! I just revisited the SheaAloe stuff and it's better now that I have more natural hair. I did it on wet hair and it was cool. I didn't really care for it before and I don't enjoy the smell.

Umm, OT but uh EmpressRi, you checked the special KBB is running? I already know I ain't saying nothing slick to a can of oil, but you know...I instantly thought of you when I saw the e-mail and placed an order. Just saying :look:...

HAHAHAA! Oh wait, I know who it was that said it. You know you aint saying nothing slick to a can on url lol!!! Shoot, Karen made sure I got that email!! lol.

I'll probably pull my stuff out this weekend. My twists are getting fuzzy!

Nope I tried it with and then without heat, miminal moisture but great smell. I've been using it because of that smell. I have also almost finished my jar I think I have just one more application. But I have found that Aussie moist does a better job on MY hair.
heres the thing, im not even fond of the smell. i love hairveda and have used and loved almost all of her products but this deep conditioner is just not my cup of tea(sound like my mom:grin:). i am going to try it next wash mixed with honey and if it doesnt work then i dont know what to say.

^^^ yes yes and yes. the smell of vatika frosting is sooooooooo amazing. i love it to death. im so sad its getting cold because i cant wet bun anymore so i dont have a reason to use the whipped creme. i only use it on wet hair.

^^^^^ i would asuume its too strong. i've never used it but just the fact that you have to mix it lets me think its strong. maybe you can use the moist pro every week.

What didn't you like about it and how many times did you try it? I'm such a fan of this product. It's hard for me to imagine it not working for someone. Of course I know that everything doesn't work for everyone. But I want to help you trouble shoot before you give up on it. Maybe your hair had build up on it. I also comb mine through my hair before I let it sit.

I used it twice. I let my friend use it and she liked it. But I didn't see anything special about it. Im going to try it one more time. I will try to comb it through next time.

^^^^^ i didnt like it either. i used it twice and combed it through and sat with heat and it did nothing. i was thinking of using it with honey but i dont think i will. i think i will just move on.

Nope you are not the only one. Strinella didn't do anything for me either :wallbash:...it seemed pretty nice while I had it on but once I rinsed it out and roller set my hair, after my hair dried, my newgrowth felt kind of dry and my hair didn't feel very moisturize.

The almond glaze just sits on top of my head :nono: and the shea aloe mousse didn't do it for me either. I guess my hair is just really picky :perplexed.

BUT..............the Cocasta Shikakai oil is perhaps the BEST oil I have ever used on my hair. :band2:It has made my hair feel so soft and because of this I am finding that I am combing out less hair!

I plan on re-ordering the shikakai oil and trying out the whipped cream and heavy creme for 4b hair that will be coming out soon.

I finally received my products on friday afternoon, just in time for my sat wash. I pre pooed w/ the shikakai oil and the vatika frosting overnite. Washed my hair w/mint castille soap, and dc'd w/ the strinilla mask (added some vatika frosting, avj, and a dash of salt), I was a little worried b/c of the last few post that I may not enjoy this product that I waited 3 wks to receive..But my worries where unfounded!! My hair felt like buttah:grin: I'm still touching it b/c I'm amazed that my hair can feel sooo good!!

Ive never tried the WC on wet hair b4. Does it work the same way???

^^^ yes yes and yes. the smell of vatika frosting is sooooooooo amazing. i love it to death. im so sad its getting cold because i cant wet bun anymore so i dont have a reason to use the whipped creme. i only use it on wet hair.

I have fallen in love with the Vatika Frosting but did someone say that it's seasonal? If so I gotta hurry up and order me some moe! lol.

Last edited:
I have fallen in love with the Vatika Frosting but did someone say that it's seasonal? If so I gotta hurry up and order me some moe! lol.

Yes, it is seasonal. I'm not sure when she stops selling it. It just came back recently--I believe in September. I think your best bet is to e-mail her and ask. I bought 5 jars myself and I am good to go for awhile.

She usually sells Vatika Frosting up until spring because once it gets warm outside, that coconut oil melts and makes a mess when trying to ship. You have some time yet...

see I'm still on the fence. i used the sitrinillah twice and did not like the results at all. I even clarified the first time (which i usually do before using a new product). i used it as a cowash and a deep conditioner. did not like. then the other day i used it on dry hair about 5 minutes before i got in the shower cause i was rushing. I dont know if it was something else i used in conjunction with it (ie leave in) or if it only works on dry hair (when I deep conditioned with it before it was on wet hair) but my curlies were freakin shiny, soft and perfect. so im gonna try it again and see if it was a fluke.

I used the Sitrinillah last night again but used it with the Protein Tea and just made me a Moisture/Protein Deep conditioner. It worked great, so I guess I will use it like that until it is all gone. But it does smell so good!

The Whipped shealoe, Almond Glaze, Whipped Baggy Cream & Shikakai Oil Don't work for my hair.

I love the Whipped Jelly on my hair now that it is Relaxed, it makes my hair smooth and not hard and crunchy.

I wonder if I could get the Shakaki Oil unscented? I like the oil, but I don't like the fragrance, to me it just smells so sweet, I am gonna email her to see if I can.

Last edited:
see I'm still on the fence. i used the sitrinillah twice and did not like the results at all. I even clarified the first time (which i usually do before using a new product). i used it as a cowash and a deep conditioner. did not like. then the other day i used it on dry hair about 5 minutes before i got in the shower cause i was rushing. I dont know if it was something else i used in conjunction with it (ie leave in) or if it only works on dry hair (when I deep conditioned with it before it was on wet hair) but my curlies were freakin shiny, soft and perfect. so im gonna try it again and see if it was a fluke.

IMO It's best to dc on damp or dry hair because the conditioner can't penetrate as well on soaking wet hair so maybe this is why u got better results with dry hair.

Soooo...I finally broke down and just ordered something else instead of getting samples.

Almond Glaze-Love it! Smells great, not too greasy but lubricates my edges and it DID slick them down enough that i didnt have to wear a headband. A little seems to go a long way too. Also used it to seal ends when rollersetting.

Vatika Frosting-This was some thick,lubricated stuff. So i scooped some out and mixed it with my DC. Smells just like cake and rinsed out my hair well. Thumbs up!

I think these plus the Cocasta Oil i already purchased before will be my staples. I'm trying to economize and downsize all my products. I can literally shop from my own stash.

I bought the SitriNillah and really wanted to like it.. I tried it 2x both times on clean clarified hair and it did nothing... at all.
However, I let my friend deep condition with it with heat for 20 min. yesterday and it made her hair reallly soft and moisturized. She's a natural 3b. Her hair felt so soft as I was rollersetting it and when I dried it.

Ok, I ordered her products after all the hype. I wanted to make sure I made a fair assessment of her products before I endorsed her products. Well, I bought the Cocasta Shikaikai Oil, Vatika Frosting, Strinillah deep conditioning, Whipped Cream, and Almond Glaze.

I absolutely love Cocasta Shikaikai Oil and Almond Glaze. I love how soft my hair feels and I like the benefits of Shikaikai on my hair. Temples are filling in nicely. I also like to seal with this oil.

Now, Strinillah did nothing to moisturize my hair. I even tried it as a leave-in and still nothing. Vatika frosting is nothing special to me because it really didn't do anything. The Whipped Cream by itself does not moisturize my hair, but I think my hair hates glycerin.

So, now I will try Shecentit products. I ordered Banana Brulee Deep Conditioner and Seyani Hair Butter in Vanilla Almond. I hope her products are much better. I'll review her products too. FYI, I have very long, thick and curly hair.

i think im going to try the sitrinilla as a pre poo mixed with honey and oil. i havent pre poo'd in a while and then did it this weekend and my hair loved it so i will try it with sitrinilla and sees what happens.

I guess I will try it on dry hair, like you did and see how that works. If it works thats even better. Thanks!!!

My hair is quite short but I wore it in a bun for my MCM 10K walk yesterday. First of all I get so many compliments when I put my hair back in a pony or bun. Happy about that bc I plan to live in buns once my hair gets longer. Anyways almond glaze kept my edges and nape in check the entire time.

Back