Hair Styling Before a Touchup?

Chichi

Does one have to rollerset their hair before getting a retouch?
confused.gif

I will be 14 weeks post relaxer soon and would like to know what my styling options are...

I wear buns most of the time now and would love to wear my air-dried hair in to the salon for the touchup. But, would my air-dried hair make it hard for he stylist to diffrentiate my two hair textures? (I know that braidouts are definitely out
naughty.gif
!)

Also, since I cannot comb my air-dried hair, how would you suggest that I detangle it because I don't want them to yank all of it out before the touchup?

Thanks!

Chichi
bdance.gif

My stylist could tell I was not using a flat iron and she complained a lot about it since my hair was so wavy she couldnt part it and couldnt tell the difference between the relaxed and the natural part.Now I flat iron the relaxed part on low heat a few days before going for a touchup.The flatironing also made combing easier for me.If you don't comb it out yourself, your hairdresser(if she is like mine) will just yank out your hair combing it anyway when you go in for your touchup.

I either flat iron or roller set my hair several days before getting a touch up (so my stylist can tell the new growth).

Well, I guess that I have my answer right there. Thanks ladies
smile.gif

I was sooo trying to avoid that rollerset
4_2_110.gif
4_2_104.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

Chichi I flatiron my hair with my jilbere flatiron as well before a touch-up. It makes it so much easier for my stylist to get to my roots so its less painful for both of us which is a plus since I'm tenderheaded!
pooh123

Chichi, I think it's better to roller set my hair a few days before a re-touch, too. Not too soon before, though - you want to give your scalp time to recover from any irritation (albeit slight) caused by the rollers, as well as by your comb while you section your hair for the rollers.

Pooh, your hair is looking GRRRRReat!!! I'm trying to gradually get the thickness and evenness that your ends enjoy by tiny trims, while I try to achieve length. Your hair looks gorgeously healthy, and very well-maintained. Way to grow!

[ QUOTE ]
serena said:
Chichi, I think it's better to roller set my hair a few days before a re-touch, too. Not too soon before, though - you want to give your scalp time to recover from any irritation (albeit slight) caused by the rollers, as well as by your comb while you section your hair for the rollers.

Pooh, your hair is looking GRRRRReat!!! I'm trying to gradually get the thickness and evenness that your ends enjoy by tiny trims, while I try to achieve length. Your hair looks gorgeously healthy, and very well-maintained. Way to grow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pooh....
Ditto!!! Your hair looks beautiful....very thick and shiny....what's your regime?when do you retouch? your hair is growing so consistantly..looks awesome! Congrats

Awww thanks ladies!
grin.gif
Ccd I relax every 10-12 weeks depending on how much new growth I have. Right now I'm doing the Vaseline challenge so I'm pretty much leaving my hair alone and putting it up in buns.

pooh123

Your hair is gorgeous Pooh123! I love your bun too! Do you have a post on how you make yours?

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Your hair is gorgeous Pooh123! I love your bun too! Do you have a post on how you make yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Isis! No, I don't have any posts on how to make buns. Sometimes I can do them and sometimes I can't..lol!! Spagirl and Boadica are the bun gurus!

pooh123

Gorgeous hair Pooh!!! So thick and luscious and healthy!! Just great! Whatever you're doing, don't change a thing!! It's obviously working beautifully!!

Back