What do you pay for a touchup?

No tip needed at all.
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I pay £45 ($70) for Affirm with a trim. Quite expensive, but nothing's cheap in England!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats sounds good. where did you go. reviews please!
trampoline.gif
and was that affirm lye?

Pandora, i went to www.jeanpaton.co.uk
They used Affirm lye, I liked the way she did my hair but my style came out a little to pouffy for my liking. She roller set then wrapped, but I think the rollers were too small, so the curls were too tight. But otherwise, its not too bad. I don't know if I'll go back, its a little too far for me.

85.76 for Arosci... that's for a touch up, shampoo, deep conditioning steam treatment, blowdry, trim and style. But I only relax 4 times a year (every 3 months) so I don't mind.

I use to pay $65, plus a $5.00 tip. I really wouldn't mind paying if I could find someone I liked, trusted. Plus I would bring my own relaxer. Now 0, cause I do it myself. So I spend my money on quality hair products that I like.

$35 at one salon where the stylist trims really well, but uses products that are not to my liking.

$40 at another where the stylist does a really good job with the relaxer and give me a wonderful roller wrap, but cuts instead of trims and charges me another $5 for it on top of that.
frown.gif

And of course, they both want a tip afterwards.

Ladies, I'm on a Dominican salon/product kick this spring and summer.

scratchchin.gif
My brain has hatched a(nother) cheap plan: I could relax at home with PCJ lye for ~$6 and only go to Dominican salon on touchup day for a $25 rollerset and wrap. This way, I could quit paying my salon stylist $65-$85 to get underprocessed with Affirm mild lye (happening since January
antlers.gif
).

I botched my last attempt with PCJ lye because I didn't realize how mild it is. This go round, I'm gonna aim for a 20 minute application. I'll comb the new growth after the first 10 minutes. When I finish the process, I can still scoot on over to the Dominican salon to get the rollerset.

The extra ~$40 I save next touchup will be spent on Rufus Wainwright cds.
cool.gif

I have paid from 30 to 70 bucks for a touch up....usually, just a simple relax and style...it's cheaper here at home than it is in Pittsburgh, that's for sure!!!!! Gotta love the 30 dollar relaxer!! And its the best I ever get too...them perms sure be lasting!!!

Back