HAIR REGIMEN VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE...

CHECKMATE!

...is yours up there? Just curious since I see so many ladies with hair reggie vids,wanted to know how many are my LHCF sisters:look::drunk:

ETA: Fotki is cool...but youtube,IMHO,takes the hair game to a whole new level :)

Last edited:
I did post mine! My page's link is in my signature. I wonder how many of the LHCF members post videos on YouTube... Maybe we should create a group or a thread to have them all easy to find...

I did post mine! My page's link is in my signature. I wonder how many of the LHCF members post videos on YouTube... Maybe we should create a group or a thread to have them all easy to find...

I just subscribed:grin:...my thoughts exactly! It would be a great idea!:yep:

I'm wondering how you put a reggie on a video. My video would have to cover days because my reggie is different things on different days...as far as styling...
Maybe I could show someone how I detangle(dividing hair into two halves and taking one half in a fist at the ends and start combing and moving upward towards the roots). That didn't take a video. Adding oils and oiling my scalp doesn't need to be video'ed, I think we all know how to do that. So what else can be put on a reggie video besides how to apply creams and what not? Maybe I'm just not with it or hip:nono:.

I just subscribed:grin:...my thoughts exactly! It would be a great idea!:yep:
Lol! Great entrepeneur minds think alike! :lachen: I subscribed too! That recipe for your hair product looks interesting. My only concern is the sulfur... I tried it about a year ago and it did not do me well... I had excessive shedding, but I don't know if it was because I put too much in the oil mix, if it was stress or my cornrows...

I'm wondering how you put a reggie on a video. My video would have to cover days because my reggie is different things on different days...as far as styling...
Maybe I could show someone how I detangle(dividing hair into two halves and taking one half in a fist at the ends and start combing and moving upward towards the roots). That didn't take a video. Adding oils and oiling my scalp doesn't need to be video'ed, I think we all know how to do that. So what else can be put on a reggie video besides how to apply creams and what not? Maybe I'm just not with it or hip:nono:.
Well, I understand what you mean... My regimen videos are more of how I wash, condition and style my hair, and during the week, I do different things. But if you do something special like a homemade conditioner or how you would blowout/flat iron your hair, it would be useful.

I am speaking more of discussing your reggie,verbally,so that other members will see the actual products that you use...The tutorials (relaxong/braidouts/detangling...etc) are definitely video worthy,IMO:yep:

I think whatever you put would be informative because although I wore braids for a year I didn't know how to handle my natural hair. So the simple tasks of washing and conditioning my hair without getting tangles came from tips I learned from LHCF, fotki, and You tube videos. I just went 3 weeks without using a comb (used my fingers). I've been washing, conditioning, and moisturizing during that time. Never thought that would be possible.

I think whatever you put would be informative because although I wore braids for a year I didn't know how to handle my natural hair. So the simple tasks of washing and conditioning my hair without getting tangles came from tips I learned from LHCF, fotki, and You tube videos. I just went 3 weeks without using a comb (used my fingers). I've been washing, conditioning, and moisturizing during that time. Never thought that would be possible.

ITA...so true!:yep:

...is yours up there? Just curious since I see so many ladies with hair reggie vids,wanted to know how many are my LHCF sisters:look::drunk:

ETA: Fotki is cool...but youtube,IMHO,takes the hair game to a whole new level :)
:nicethread:subscribing. It would be nice to have the ladies to come in and leave the link. I subscribed to yours patience. Thank you for sharing

Oh, so many things, Naturalgurl!! For instance, CrownofHisGlory's hair has been natural for 20+ years and she has videos doing a natural roller set and silk wrap (gorgeous), beautiful updo's, bantu knots and more. You think you like fotki? Just wait til you see all those hair inspirations in movement. It's truly awesome. Check it out!

Flapper Girl Chignon
Natural Roller Set and Silk Wrap
The 15 minute Bantu Knot Set - this is the result

I've gotten so many good tips from You Tube. I'm a visible learner so I give You tube more props. The fact that you don't need a password to view them is a double plus.:grin:

I just subscribed:yep:...your hair looks so soft,please please make a vid with it straightened:drunk:

thanks :) my hair hasn't been straight since 2001. it doesn't straighten easily, not with roller sets or flat irons, and it's painful and traumatic to press (hot comb). It looks like that hair combing scene in The Color Purple. :sad:

Subscribing. Never know what great tips you will find with you intelligent ladies.

Mwedzi I absolutely enjoyed reading your blog about Africa. Hope all is well with the dental issue. :P

Last edited:
You know, I have a You Tube page but I have yet to post any hair videos and the worst part is I video what I do to my hair everytime I wash. I guess I'm just kind of doing it for myself as a vlog so I can look back and see where i started and one day look at the beautiful hair I have then . . . As you can see I ramble a lot so a lot of my videos are of me just talking crazy. I need to find some video editing software . . .

You know, I have a You Tube page but I have yet to post any hair videos and the worst part is I video what I do to my hair everytime I wash. I guess I'm just kind of doing it for myself as a vlog so I can look back and see where i started and one day look at the beautiful hair I have then . . . As you can see I ramble a lot so a lot of my videos are of me just talking crazy. I need to find some video editing software . . .

this is a good idea:yep:...

Do you have Microsoft Movie Maker on your computer? That's how I edit mine...

Last edited:
thanks :) my hair hasn't been straight since 2001. it doesn't straighten easily, not with roller sets or flat irons, and it's painful and traumatic to press (hot comb). It looks like that hair combing scene in The Color Purple. :sad:

I totally feel you cousin! :grin:

Pressing combs have never been my friend. I look at how user friendly and simplistic it seems for Pinkskates. I just love her pressing comb video but I have to remember she is a 4A and her thickness is different. I would have to pass that comb through for at least eleveteen times with additional heat. That also includes flat ironing. I remember every single stylist and including myself having to beat my hair into submission with heat because it if wasn't set at a certain temp my hair would say "Is that the best you GOT!!!?:lachen:

Even if I can't use all of the tips I see on the videos I still keep them available just in case someone else can that I may come across in talking to about haircare.

Last edited:
I totally feel you cousin! :grin:

Pressing combs have never been my friend. I look at how user friendly and simplistic it seems for Pinkskates. I just love her pressing comb video but I have to remember she is a 4A and her thickness is different. I would have to pass that comb through for at least eleveteen times with additional heat. That also includes flat ironing. I remember every single stylist and including myself having to beat my hair into submission with heat because it if wasn't set at a certain temp my hair would say "Is that the best you GOT!!!?:lachen:

Even if I can't use all of the tips I see on the videos I still keep them available just in case someone else can that I may come across in talking to about haircare.

She has a youtube channel?:look:

Back