HAIR REGIMEN VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE...

This cheat set was done by a member, but I can not find her member name. She used to have a picture in her siggy that I identified her by before, I think. Her hair is absolutely lovely and the demonstration she gives on how to do a cheat set is brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlYPfamE3TA

ETA: I found her! Her name is SparklingFlame :yep:

Last edited:
This cheat set was done by a member, but I can not find her member name. She used to have a picture in her siggy that I identified her by before, I think. Her hair is absolutely lovely and the demonstration she gives on how to do a cheat set is brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlYPfamE3TA

ETA: I found her! Her name is SparklingFlame :yep:

I really like her braidout and bun tutorials...will definitely try the braidout,but my hair is way too fine for the bun:nono:

I really like her braidout and bun tutorials...will definitely try the braidout,but my hair is way too fine for the bun:nono:

Awwww Patience, there there... All that length your gaining is gonna make up for all that. And besides, that's why we fine haired ladies have donut buns! And southern teases, and roller sets and... well, our hair can look just as gorgeous as our thick haired hair sisters. :yep:

this is a good idea:yep:...

Thank you, patience!!! :grin: I started out just taking pictures of my hair but the videos give me angles that I would sometimes forget to take pictures of . . . also, just to hear what I was thinking at the time helps me remember what I liked and didn't like. I tried doing a hair journal but my memory is horrible (you would think I smoke doja all day, everyday :lachen:) even in one day but the videos capture everything I forget.

Thank you, patience!!! :grin: I started out just taking pictures of my hair but the videos give me angles that I would sometimes forget to take pictures of . . . also, just to hear what I was thinking at the time helps me remember what I liked and didn't like. I tried doing a hair journal but my memory is horrible (you would think I smoke doja all day, everyday :lachen:) even in one day but the videos capture everything I forget.

:lachen::lachen:girl,this had me almost in tears!!!!! I'm gonna work on my angle and lighting as well:yep:....I will get it right eventually:grin:

What do you have on your lips? I love it!!!

*subscribing to Pinkskates!!!* :drunk:

Thank you, Butterfly!! All I have on is a black eyeliner and clear lip gloss . . . sometimes I just use Carmex which I'm trying to get away from because of the mineral oil or I bought some Unpetroleum jelly and that works, too. OH . . . ALba has these clear lip glosses that are really great as well.

:lachen::lachen:girl,this had me almost in tears!!!!! I'm gonna work on my angle and lighting as well:yep:....I will get it right eventually:grin:

LOL!!! What I've done with my digital camera (WARNING: This is a really n:censored:gerish alternative to a tripod) is tied the strap to an old scrap and hung it from one of my vanity lights over my sink. :lachen:So sometimes when I first start recording that camera is swinging from side to side (I use to try to sway back and forth with it but I just said forget it) . . . my other dilemma is that all of my videos are sittin' sideways like Paul Wall so I need to figure out if there is a way to rotate the picture . . .

thanks,but I really am...you can't tell by the the "ums" I kept saying :lachen:...in person my personality is light and bubbly...for some reason I just can't seem to convey it in the videos:ohwell:...but i will work on it:drunk:
I can't tell! You look so comfortable!

Just checked and Yes, I have it!!!! :grin: Ok, now I just need to figure out how to use it . . . :lachen:I might have to PM you with questions.
It's easier to use than it looks. When I first started using it I was a bit lost, but I like it better than OneTrueMedia because you have more editing options and you don't lose 50 sec of your video time with that annoying OneTrueMedia intro and conclusion!

I don't know anything about how to do hair or maintain it. You tube has been a life saver!!!!!! I learned so much in only one month. I can rollerset my hair now thanks to Buildable Beauty (well not quite, but I'm confident I will have it down soon). Also, I never used a flat iron before youtube, I did my own hair for the first time last week and it didn't look that great but it was really powerful when I realized I had other options besides running to a stylist or putting my hair in a ponytail.

Love, love, love Youtube!

I don't know anything about how to do hair or maintain it. You tube has been a life saver!!!!!! I learned so much in only one month. I can rollerset my hair now thanks to Buildable Beauty (well not quite, but I'm confident I will have it down soon). Also, I never used a flat iron before youtube, I did my own hair for the first time last week and it didn't look that great but it was really powerful when I realized I had other options besides running to a stylist or putting my hair in a ponytail.

Love, love, love Youtube!

I reallllllllllly need to learn how to do this:spinning:...I spent/spend so much $ at the dominican salon on a weekly basis...lately I have been doing my own hair,which is definitely empowering,si I feel you on this:yep:...IMHO,youtube has made fotki look like chump change:lachen:

OOOOH I love this thread. Thanks OP and everyone who posted links.
I have been thinking about doing videos for my new hair album/blog. I like the inspiration here so now I know I'll definitely do it.

...more than welcome:yep:....pleassssssssse create an account I love your hair girl:yep:

I have vids. bun tutortial, pin curl tutorial, roller set tutorial for natural hair. I'm still perfecting the video thing....

Hey Patience,

I just subscribed to your page. I hope you realize how much you help sistas like me who don't know diddly squat! Keep up the good work!

Cher

Back