hair length category

irisak

I'm coming out of lurk mode because this whole length category has me perplexed, at least when it comes to my hair. My hair grows in a straight "V" shape tail and all. That means the tail has finally grown to (yay!!!!) APL but the rest is between SL and CL. When I say what length I am do I claim the center part or do I mention all three lengths or do I wait for the two sides of the "V" to catch up with the center (which means the center would be near BSL by then)?

In other words do I always have to claim a length below the center to be fair?

irisak,

This really is a personal decision. You won't find full agreement on the board.

Some people call it grazing APL when that center part hits APL. And they then decide what section of the hair has to reach APL before they call it Full APL. That could be from the crown down or it could be the sides.

You really have to decide what you want to call APL.

My nape will hit APL first and I will call that grazing. My hair grows in a W shape. I won't claim full APL until the hair at my crown reaches APL. But I won't worry about my sides.

Okay that makes sense. for me it's literally all the hair in the center including the crown at APL. everything else grows in natural layers so I guess for now I'll just call it grazing APL.

Back