Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2014

My total gym came last night. I'm so excited! I got on it and started playing around with some of the moves. Wow! I can feel it this morning. Either that's a great machine or I'm really out of shape!:lol:

It's my time of the month. The past two days I've been sticking to my eating habits but I can finish my lunch salad which is unusual. I'm up 1 pound but I expect it will be gone next week.

I have a visitor in town this weekend so no working out but lots of walking!

I did it again. I had seconds at dinner for no reason. I wasn't even hungry. Why am I sabotaging myself? I don't want 8 months of work to go down the drain.

Long time ladies! I am excited. I hope to be in my own place by end of August. Anyway, I have been eating well, but neglecting to work out. This morning I did a few planks, squats, and kettle bell swings to get myself back into it. It feels weird not having a gym anymore. :(

Things are great on the hair front. I am about 2 inches away from MBL in the back. I want to be there by end of the year.

My flat iron lasted 17 days. Today I am washing. I think I will bun for the next week.

I know this can't be real but this morning my scale said my body fat was 26.8%. No way it's that low. I'm sure it will jump up when I do my official weigh in tomorrow.

I ate a bunch of not so healthy food yesterday, pizza, burger, goldfish crackers. I think in the long run it may be a good thing because now I can eat healthy for a month or so without feeling deprived.

It's my time of the month. The past two days I've been sticking to my eating habits but I can finish my lunch salad which is unusual. I'm up 1 pound but I expect it will be gone next week.

I have a visitor in town this weekend so no working out but lots of walking!

I feel you. I'm so bloated with this PMS that I took a diuretic, which I NEVER do.

Hey ladies! So I'm going for a pescatarian diet for the rest of the summer. My only protein will come from shakes, eggs, beans and fish/shrimp. I'm gonna be working out 5 days a week. I also took some inspiration from barbiesocialite and developed my own personal body wrap. I wrapped my thighs tonight and will do my waist tomorrow during a workout. I used hemorrhoid cream, Palmer's Firming cream. Applied liberally on my thighs and wrapped in saran plastic wrap. Used 6' ace bandages on my upper thigh and a 4' ace bandage on my knee/lower thigh. Laying straight legged :lol: on my bed for 1 hour. Afterwards, I'm going to use my body scrub, then reapply the firming cream before bed. Will report the results!

Eta: Lost 1" on my thigh!

Last edited:
That Total Gym is so cool. I feel worked out! My DH got on it and loved it so much that he had me RETURN it and order the bigger, upgraded model! I can't wait to get it!

My original goal was to get to and maintain my weight between 138-142. Now I'm at 136. I think I may just try to maintain here. Going lower will require fewer calories than I can maintain long term. I really want to know what I would look like at 125, but I don't have the will to get there.

I've been bunning all week and I'm going to keep it up. I look better with my hair up than with it down. Sigh...

I had more soft drinks, 3cans, in the past 2 days than I've probably had in the past year. It's not even that good. I actually prefer water.

I just ordered Sebastian clear cellophane. I'm going to start using it myself between salon visits. I'm thinking of using it every 4 weeks, but since I go to the salon every 8 weeks I will only have to do it myself every 8 weeks.

I wasn't brave enough to buy the colored cellophane. I know my bathroom would end up a stained mess. I'll let my stylist deal with that.

Okay so I will be going to store today to get my fresh greens and fruit and start back on my Green Smoothies. The hubby said he would do it with me so that's a plus. It's always nice and encouraging to have someone around you support and join in. I'm looking forward to the rest of this year.

I did my dry DC last night and washed my hair this morning. I had a ton of shed hair. I hope it's just because I haven't combed my hair in a week. I've never really had a shedding problem before.

I relaxed my hair by myself for the first time. It actually came out great. The wraps have definitely been working too.

That's great BGT. I'm afraid to try relaxing my own hair.

After about 35 weeks of working out 5-6 days a week, I'm taking this week off. Next week I'll start Body Beast a 12 week weight lifting program. If that doesn't slim my thighs some I'm going back to p90x3

I got small twists done and I am loving them. Maintenance consists of a scarf and braid spray. Def will be keeping these for a while. I didn't like how my stylist kept combing my loose hair while she was installing them. I saw a bunch of broken ends on the chair and floor when she was finished. So I will try a new stylist the next time I get twists installed. My hair needs gentle handling if I ever want to see any length from the this style.

I also like how the simple twists put more focus on my face. Def a different look for me and I'm loving it.

My hair has been staying moisturized longer. I think it's because I use more oil when I LOC after I wash my hair. Or maybe it's because my touch up is only 3 weeks old.

I've been MIA but I haven't stopped juicing, blogilates, or doing my walks. My weight is down and I'm happy. This morning I cowashed and did a wet bun. That was my staple hair regimen the last time I grew my hair out and I think I'll do it for the rest of the summer/fall and go back to roller sets in the winter/ early spring.

Im having some pms cravings today. I am trying to resist, but it's so hard lol. Once the sun goes down a bit I will take the kids for a walk. They need some sun and I need some exercise

I'm only weighing myself at the beginning and end of the month. So far since joining this challenge I haven't lost any weight. :ohwell:

And my hair is what it is. I guess its growing.

But I have been successful in switching over to daily salads. I've gone from having salads 6 times a year to having a salad at least 25 times a month. That is HUGE for me. Now at lunch I'm not trying to figure out what to eat. If I haven't brought my own salad, now I am just wondering where I am going to get my salad from.

I still working on the science behind a good salad but getting better.

Now I just need to make the shift to working out on a regular basis :yep:

Eating well is 90% of the battle faithVA. Your salad challenge is awesome!!

I'm thinking of upping my stretches from 16 weeks to 24 weeks. I like the idea of only relaxing twice a year. Who knows maybe I'll transition to natural.

Last edited:
Eating well is 90% of the battle faithVA. Your salad challenge is awesome!!

I'm thinking of upping my stretches from 16 weeks to 24 weeks. I like the idea of only relaxing twice a year. Who knows maybe ill transition to natural.

I am quite surprised actually. Last year it didn't stick. Last week I noticed that when I thought of food, salad was my first thought and not last.

Eating well may be 90% but that 10% is keeping me pudgy :lol: I tried on swimsuits last week and it was not pretty :lol:

But I will stick with it.

faithVA

I've been having at least one salad a day because of you for the past six weeks or so. Lately I've been having two salads a week, but that's because I've been too lazy to make dinner. Tomorrow I think I'll make honey mustard chicken with carrots and potatoes in the crock pot.

I am quite surprised actually. Last year it didn't stick. Last week I noticed that when I thought of food, salad was my first thought and not last. Eating well may be 90% but that 10% is keeping me pudgy :lol: I tried on swimsuits last week and it was not pretty :lol: But I will stick with it.

Eating salads is healthy, but maybe you have high calorie items in them. I was surprised at how much I had to reduce my calorie intake in order to lose weight. It's really not fair. It's so easy to gain and so hard to lose.

Speaking of salad, I am going to make a garden salad with oil and vinegar. I need the veggies, but not the calories. Im going to avoid the scale until a few days after my cycle. No need to get all worked up and upset over my water retention

Back