Guess what he did now.

PinkyPromise

I must be the stupidest female on the face of the planet. I know better but my heart and my stupid emotions won't allow me to do better. So my fiance'/boyfriend/ex whatever you want to call him, has pulled some more stupid crap.

I've been in a relationship with him for two years and lately we havent been getting along and have broken up. Long story short though, he informed me like three weeks ago that he had paid his last phone bill on his cell because he was going to switch service. LAST NIGHT we get into it and I turned off my phone on him. He ends up leaving this ol' heartfelt, soppy voicemail like he actually cared. I called him this morning and his phone is off. So I'm at work, and a BLOCKED phone number calls me. I answer and it's him talking about this is my new phone.

I guess he thinks I'm like I don't know , brain dead. When you get a new phone or service your f-ing PHONE DOESN'T come automatically blocked. He did that ish. Intentionally. This hurts so much man I don't know what to do. So what I did is blocked any private calls coming to my phone.

I'm sad.

Oh Pinky.....*sigh*

Maybe he'll call you from the actual number so you can store it in your phone.

I'm glad you blocked private calls. I've been in love with a big jerk before. Only thing that helped me was forcing myself to see other people.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I assumed that he called you from the blocked number because he figured that you would hang up. But then again, you wouldn't know his real number anyway...

I don't get it. You can get a new phone without changing your number. Maybe he did get a new phone and new carrier and kept the old number, that's why it was blocked on your phone. Am I completely not getting it??

i dont get it either. why would he call you and tell you he has a new phone/number if he was going to keep the new number a secret????

Are you the lady who used to write everything in pink and you and your parents had been helping and helping this guy and at every turn he hurts your feelings and/or wouldn't return your calls, etc. etc.? If that's you, good luck. It's your choice to spend year after year with him. You obviously think he is the one for you and the best you can do. So why complain? Enjoy it when he's nice and hush when he's acting a fool. If I am thinking you are the wrong person, my apologies.

You seriously aren't sick and tired of being sick and tired of his BS?? I thought you were done with dude a while ago.

Why don't you feel worthy enough to be above all of this? This is not love, this is straight up insanity, both you and him.

What do you want out of all of this?

People, especially men, will do what you allow them to do and will treat you the way you allow them to treat you. Good luck with that one. :perplexed

Last edited:
Are you the lady who used to write everything in pink and you and your parents had been helping and helping this guy and at every turn he hurts your feelings and/or wouldn't return your calls, etc. etc.? If that's you, good luck. It's your choice to spend year after year with him. You obviously think he is the one for you and the best you can do. So why complain? Enjoy it when he's nice and hush when he's acting a fool. If I am thinking you are the wrong person, my apologies.

I don't think this is the same person unless there was a name change. But I know who you're talking about.

Move on honey. It won't be easy and it will hurt, but take it from someone who has been there and done that. I put up with similar crap from a guy I was in love with for 7 YEARS! On and off BS. Let me tell you...7 years are much kinder to a man than a woman. Don't get me wrong. I'm still fabulous and all that, but I so regret wasting that much time on someone. Time I can never get back. I could have met a damn good man in that 7 years, but because I was so hung up on that fool I'll never know.

Like I said it won't be easy and it will hurt, but 2 years should be enough time to let you know that your relationship (whatever it is with this guy) is what it is at this point and will probably remain the same even if you are dealing with him 2 more years from now.

~Dee

Umm. I don't get it. Did you tell him the number was blocked ? Did he do it on purpose to be petty? Is he lying about getting a new phone ?

I don't think this is the same person unless there was a name change. But I know who you're talking about.

Yes, you are right, wrong person. But their stories are similiar...

OP, I read the backstory. It's time to cut your losses and move on for good.

OP, I'm sorry but this is 2011, LOL! A person can request any sort of plan for their cell phones. I always like the number 7 in my numbers, so they gave me a phone number with it. Many people have cell phones that come up PRIVATE or UNKNOWN NUMBER. Perhaps, he also did it because he knew you would not answer.

Life is short hon. I don't know your age, nor does it matter to me but tomorrow is not promised. If you love him, and he loves you, work out your differences. But if you cannot, move on. Stop playing phone games the both of you. How are you speaking to him and you just shut your phone off? Hanging up ain't in style no mo'? No we're just shutting phones off too?

I don't know your man and cannot tell you if he TRULY cares based on a few lines. Good luck!

Aren't you the same girl who was planning on TTC a baby with this same boyfriend? If you are...aren't you happy you didn't go through with that? Just imagine if you had a child up in this messy-mix.

OP you need to cut your losses with this guy, the games are never ending and you always end up feeling bad

Relationships do not have to be like this! You need to decide that you are worth more than this.

Update if anyone is interested.

He claimed he got a whole new carrier. Like he had sprint and now he claims to be with AT&T. Last night he called me unblocked from his uncles phone claiming that he took his phone back to the store so they could "fix" it. That's bull though. It's obvious he doesn't want anything to do with me so I don't even know why he still calls.

He called me blocked again today (I tried to block blocked calls it didn't work) while I was on my way home from work and I sent him to voicemail. Now, if he wanted me to have the number and something was just wrong with the phone he'd leave a voicemail with the number or text me which he didn't.

I installed trap call on my phone which unblocks private numbers. So next time he calls, because he will, I'll just blacklist his number.

You seriously aren't sick and tired of being sick and tired of his BS?? I thought you were done with dude a while ago.

Why don't you feel worthy enough to be above all of this? This is not love, this is straight up insanity, both you and him.

What do you want out of all of this?

You know, it's not as easy as you think it is to just let go. I'm slowly getting there though. It's just sad because I really love him and hoped things would be different.

Umm. I don't get it. Did you tell him the number was blocked ? Did he do it on purpose to be petty? Is he lying about getting a new phone ?

Yeah I told him. He is petty. He most likely is lying or either calling from another bishes phone. Its cool though, let another blocked number call me lol.

Aren't you the same girl who was planning on TTC a baby with this same boyfriend? If you are...aren't you happy you didn't go through with that? Just imagine if you had a child up in this messy-mix.

Yeah I am and I understand why God gave me a miscarriage with him the first time.

Ummmm...so why haven't you asked him stop calling? Why all of these extra drama-filled steps to get him to exit your life? If he refuses to stop calling you, change your telephone number. It really IS that easy.

You are making this a lot harder then it needs to be...unless you like the attention...

Back