Going Natural When "Older"?

You know what doesn't make sense to me?

That folks say they'll go natural when they're older because they don't want the hassle of relaxing anymore.

And every time I see it I'm thinking...so after 30-40 years of not seeing your natural hair you think it's going to be easy to learn how to take care of it all of a sudden? And I have a feeling those same people will go right back to relaxing when they can't get their hair to do what they want it to do.

It's probably going to be hard as hell when I'm 40. But I'll keep the board posted when it happens. Lmao!!!

That phrase is all too common when people speak of going natural. I heard this all the time growing up, and still hear it now from time to time.

What people mean by that is "I'll go natural when I reach a point in my life where I'm no longer concerned with looking sexy beautiful and attractive" what they're really saying is "I'll go natural when I let myself go" because many still equate wearing one's natural texture out for the world to see with being unkempt and not beautiful. It's thinly veiled ignorance in my experience.

*the way ljbee meant it would be the exception of course*
This was a word..

Back