GIRL DON'T DO IT!...NATURAL!!!

tt8

(There was a thread started a year ago similar to this & I thought it would be a good idea to restart it for the natural girls on LHCF)
Some of us might be starting out or are "O.G" in the quest for healthy natural locks but one thing we all share are lessons learned. Share your stories of woulda, coulda, shoulda that you learned along the way. It can be products to avoid, techniques, whatever! Let's help and learn from eachother. We'll call it
NATURAL GIRLLLLLLL DON'T DO IT!:stop:

*make sure to note your hair type because what works for some of
us might not work for all.

I will start...
I'M A 4B...
1. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE OF YOUR HAIR, FIND SOMEONE WHO
DOES...
2. DONT PRESS DIRTY OR UNCONDITIONED HAIR...

What's your tip? :gorgeous:

I'M A 4B...
1. SLS is the sworn enemy of 4b-z hair
2. Conditioner washes do really leave your scalp as clean as if you had shampooed it
3.Moisturize! Moisturize!Moisturize!
4. It all in the technique baby!!

I'm a 3b/3c Fine

1. NEVER MANAGE HAIR WHILE SOAKING WET!!!!
- Your hair will snap to pieces:blush:
2. Don't overuse products!!!
- It will build up on your hair and scalp so bad.....:nono:
3. NO HEAT!!!
- Your hair will literally follow the comb out of your head:yep:
4. HAIR GREASE IS NOT MOISTURE!!!
- Nothing more said....:wallbash:
5. USE A LEAVE-IN!!!

For those with thick, super-wooly, high-volume hair (4Z?):
when you poo/co-wash, don't smoosh your hair around on top of your head in a big old pile of suds unless you have a couple of days to spend detangling.

If you have fine 4a hair....don't straighten it!!!! At all if you can help it. And if you must only once MAYBER twice a year.

Don't you even think about taking that box of perm/texturizer home with you, I don't care WHAT the pretty lady on the box says............she is NOT homeless! :grin:

Don't let others tell you what you can and cannot do with your natural hair!. Educate yourself on your hair type and do what works for your hair.:yep:

Don't let others tell you what you can and cannot do with your natural hair!. Educate yourself on your hair type and do what works for your hair.:yep:

I agree with this bc I would disagree with some of the stuff in this thread as far as my hair goes. :look: Also, don't try to comb your hair with a rattail comb. :nono:

I have 3C/4A hair

Don't trust the Dominicans if your hair is fine:wallbash:

Don't straighten on a high setting and expect your hair to not stay straight:look:

Don't wear the micros:nono:

Don't jump on every bandwagon, especially if you see mostly relaxed heads jumping on:rolleyes:

Don't forget to moisturize:yep:

Don't use to much protein, especially aphogee:wallbash:

I have 3C/4A hair

Don't trust the Dominicans if your hair is fine:wallbash:

Don't straighten on a high setting and expect your hair to not stay straight:look:

Don't wear the micros:nono:

Don't jump on every bandwagon, especially if you see mostly relaxed heads jumping on:rolleyes:

Don't forget to moisturize:yep:

Don't use to much protein, especially aphogee:wallbash:

I have no idea what my hair type is....maybe someone had help me figure it out with the pic below......but, is your hair type fine? Is that why you wouldn't recommend aphogee? Im still learning.

I have no idea what my hair type is....maybe someone had help me figure it out with the pic below......but, is your hair type fine? Is that why you wouldn't recommend aphogee? Im still learning.

Mine is fine...Aphogee made my hair crunchy and very, very dry!:wallbash:

Beware of color - just cuz your hair is natural, doesn't mean it's gonna hold up to the peroxide+ any better.

Beware of heat - just because your hair is natural, doesn't mean it'll hold up to the heat any better.

Don't get boxed in - look outside the box, and outside the straighthair, and figure out new ways to express yourself through your hair..

Back