• Class: 2000-2002

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • Class: 2003-2005

Votes: 122 23.5%
  • Class: 2006-2008

Votes: 248 47.8%
  • I gave up on growing...my hair hasn't gotten longer

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • I've reached my length goals and now post infrenquently (lurk)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • I've reached my length goals and will always post

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • I haven't reached my length goals...YET!

Votes: 116 22.4%

• Total voters
jI am with the freshman class of 2008. I found this forum in November, and Joined in December. I hope to graduate with the WL class of 2011

Wow here is a trip down memory lane. I started reading this board in 2002, I remember it CLEARLY. I had just moved here and was still in shock that I was sent to village deep deep in the countryside (I didn't have a flush toilet). I didn't speak a word of the language, didnt know anyone, BUT I had internet at the office with aboslutely no work to do. I found this board and it became my salvation. I would stay on for hours just looking at pix and reading posts. The only name I remember from that time is Hairlove. Some time after dontspeakdefeat came on. I remember at that time ladies would measure their hair in inches (now we use apl, bs, sl etc) and many ladies didnt know how to measure their hair.
DOntspeakdefeat would wear the same t-shirt whenever she took her pix to reprot her progress. When that wasnt enough she drew lines on it with a pen, when that wasn't enough she stenciled the lines on. That became a big hit and I remember other ladies wanted their own t-shirt because it was so much easier to use. I think she started selling the t-shirts to help the ladies who had problems measuring their hair. I thought the whole concept was brilliant:cup:. I remember Surge was also a big hit at the time and I had to travel 3 hours from my countryside to the opthamologist because it gave me such an allergic reaction:grin: After that I just stuck with WGO :love::

Anyway I didnt join at the time because there were a few bad apples who were a little catty and made some not so nice or out of place remarks sometimes:evilbanana:. I joined in 2007 and a few weeks ago I finally paid for a subscription. Now the board is not only about hair, but also health and exercise, goals, finances etc, and people are being open and sharing which helps us all to learn. July this year makes 7 years and I am truly glad to be here, thank you ladies for being such darlings:blowkiss:

Class of 2006
I have yet to meet my goal of mid back length naturally coily hair! I'm gonna make it happen though :-)

I'm an old head. Class of 2003. Sometimes I lurk, sometimes I post. It just depends on my mood. I spend more time answering pm's and emails than anything.

I remember Adrienne, Hairlove, Boadecia, Supergirl, Allandra, Peachtree, Cybra, Nay, CaramelHonee, and so many others that had albums filled with beautiful pictures. I need to go look some of those ladies up to see what's going on with them.

You & the ladies you listed in your post are what taught me about hair and what helped me when I joined the site. I think I have reached my hair goals to 1) Know how to grow my hair 2) Know that it can grow to long lengths.

HI achieved a long length yet? No, because I scissor happy. I have done 5 BC chops ( yes cut it all off) to go natural. Then I relax my hair and start the process all over again.

Anyway, I been here since 2003 and I don't really post on the hair forums. All the posters named above followed basic rules to growing out their hair. I have my staples and they work each time I grow out my hair. I'm not about experimenting with growth aides etc. I suck at challenges..so I don't join them anymore!:nono:

So i lurk most of the time or post in the OT forum.

I found this site in April 2006. Who lead me here? Mcelweewife. I saw her progress on fotki while looking up stuff about hair growth and when I googled her name again I saw it come up here. I've been between here and BHM eversince. My original goal was waistlength relaxed then I bc'ed July last year. My current goal is WL or BSL natural. I lurked for a while and joined in 2007. I can't remember anyone else by heart except her. I was soooooo into her. I stalked her fotki like a mad woman.

Last edited:
I joined in April 2008. Its been close to 1 and 1/2 years for me. Still have not reached my ultimate goal of full healthy BSL, but I am confident that I will. I will not be leaving this board until I post pics of my hair at my goal length. :dance7:

I'm an old head member too..2004!!. I've met my hair goals, but they keep changing. I've been in and out of the boards depending on what I have going on in my life. There are so many great ladies on these boards, and over the years I've learned so much...

Bumping..

Im a newbie, just joining TODAY!!!! Ive been Lurking for about 6 months :detective: BUT now I'm official!!! :woot::woot::woot: woohoo.. I just want to say THANK YOU to LHCF b/c I would have been forever lost and confused..

Last edited:
Class of 2005. I've reached my third goal, which is MB.I haven't reached my final goal yet (WL). I lurk now and respond to my pm's:grin:

Class of 2006 and I've (basically) reached my length goals and now post infrequently (lurk).

Relaxed>transitioned>natural

:rosebud:

Once I became completely natural, I stopped frequenting the hair boards...Now, I'm back after a 3 year hiatus because I'm interested in retention...I'm sick of being perpetually shoulder length...So, although I am class of 2005, I still have NOT reached my goal length yet!

I do remember a lot of those beautiful ladies. I mainly lurk . I have not made my goal. I started of relaxed than went natural again. So hopefully I will reach my goal

Class of 2006-2008 I lurked in 2006 and paid my dues in 2007. I was following KiniKakes regi. Then I began reading and wanted to join in on the fun. :grin: I am a little below BSL my goal is WSL. Hoping to reach that this year!!!:yep:

Originally 2001 under one name. I got internet pissed off and left and came back around 2007 under another. It be's like that sometimes :)

Posting to look at my join date...

Okay...Class of 08' :yep:. I also lurked for sometime before joining (about a year)...actually, I still lurk the majority of the time...that's just the way I am, LOL. I'm not very "chatty" in real life or online. I'll usually only post when I have something very specific to say/ask. And now that I have a comfortable hair routine, I spend most of my LHCF time in ET or OT.

When I joined I was shoulder length relaxed. Since then I have transitioned, BC'd, and am now neck length natural. In the years to come when I finally reach my goal of being a waist length natural, i'm sure I will still be around. I enjoy this board for more than just hair care tips.

Last edited:
'07 was my freshmen year..which reminds me, my subscription is almost up.

Last edited:
I thought your class would be when you reached your hair goal :ohwell:

nvm. I'm still sleeping. I got what you're saying but I chose the day I got serious enough to lay down some $$ and jump on the HHG bandwagon :D.

Last edited:
I have been here since '06, I think. Initially, I was always in the hair forum, but now I rarely post here. I always feel like the new kid since a lot of the names I see in here are unfamiliar...LOL.

I have reached my goal and am thinking about going natural. I went a year without relaxing and turned back since I was spending more time using heat to keep my hair straight.

I guess right now I am sort of straddling the fence.

I joined, met my hair goal, started transitioning, stopped posting because there was really nothing to report, BC'd and started posting again in December. It's good to be back. I missed you guys! I forgot how much pop culture and "what's hot in the streets" could be gleaned from this board!

Back